PDA

View Full Version : Why TF is the Pro-Bowl the Sunday before the Superbowl?

MrVolquez
01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Strong Timing. Should it be after week 9 then all teams get a break, similar to NBA? Thoughts.

scotyg
01-28-2013, 08:47 AM
lol they would play less hard then they do now, if any played at all.

do you even football?

velvetmudhole
01-28-2013, 08:49 AM
should be after the super bowl in my opinion.

Actually, why even have one for the NFL?
Too much risk..this is a sport where athletes are paid big and injury is bound to happen

MrVolquez
01-28-2013, 08:50 AM
lol they would play less hard then they do now, if any played at all.

do you even football?

I football a little bit
Ok maybe this is a bad thread but i Legit think that having it the week before the superbowl is awful timing.
If it was smack dab in the middle of season, it would be the center of attention. But this year it was meh. nobody really cared

MrVolquez
01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
should be after the super bowl in my opinion.

Actually, why even have one for the NFL?
Too much risk..this is a sport where athletes are paid big and injury is bound to happen

After would be better. I wish they still had that skills competiton too.
Remember when they had quarterback/Wr drills and stuff? That was dope

rhyfelwr
01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I football a little bit
Ok maybe this is a bad thread but i Legit think that having it the week before the superbowl is awful timing.
If it was smack dab in the middle of season, it would be the center of attention. But this year it was meh. nobody really cared

Nobody cares because it's become a glorified scrimmage. Lineman play patty cake, linebackers run in circles and the defensive backs wave towards the ball carrier hoping the wind generated will knock them over.

MrVolquez
01-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Nobody cares because it's become a glorified scrimmage. Lineman play patty cake, linebackers run in circles and the defensive backs wave towards the ball carrier hoping the wind generated will knock them over.

I agree but i think this is because their hopes for the superbowl have already died, and the season is essentially over.
In the NBA and MLB they have another half of the season to look after. All star break is a rejuvination period.

JoshSP1985
01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree it should be after (but probably get even less attention) or sometime mid season that is if you're even going to have it at all which I don't feel is necessary.

It wouldn't be missed

scotyg
01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree but i think this is because their hopes for the superbowl have already died, and the season is essentially over.
In the NBA and MLB they have another half of the season to look after. All star break is a rejuvination period.

its because they don't want to get hurt in a fuking scrimmage. football isnt a patty-cake sport like baseball or basketball, its a collision sport. you think they're going to try harder when they have a meaningful game the next week?

MrVolquez
01-28-2013, 10:05 AM
its because they don't want to get hurt in a fuking scrimmage. football isnt a patty-cake sport like baseball or basketball, its a collision sport. you think they're going to try harder when they have a meaningful game the next week?

I agree, but if this is the case do away with the pro-bowl as a whole.
My thing is if youre gonna have it, at least make the timing better.