PDA

View Full Version : Pagan symbols in the US government markings

Lucky_ROA
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm NOT a CTist at all. I just want to understand that why did the US decide to use symbols associated with paganism, centuries before the U.S was formed, in different departments of the government and the currency ?

hackerwacker
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
This country was built by freemasons. They share much of the same symbolism as pagans

Lucky_ROA
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
This country was built by freemasons. They share much of the same symbolism as pagans

Is this viewpoint held by ALL Americans ? And is it a fact ? This question goes for both parts of your statement.

Lucky_ROA
01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
bump

VVolfgang
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
given that the US founders were revolutionaries it's not surprising that they were freethinkers in regards to their thoughts on governance and religion. the symbolism associated with the founding of the U.S. represents ideals of universality and liberalism. a lot of it was influenced by Freemasonry, of which many of the US founders were apart, and which also held these ideals close to heart. it was also borrowed from the French revolution which shares quite a few similar aspects.

isn't this common knowledge?

tk217
01-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Is this viewpoint held by ALL Americans ? And is it a fact ? This question goes for both parts of your statement.

Show me some of these pagan symbols and which religion they belong to - Christian.

Lucky_ROA
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Show me some of these pagan symbols and which religion they belong to - Christian.

I think paganism has more to do with idolatry. Like the pyramid and the all seeing eye on the US dollar bill ?

@VVolfgang but how come they chose symbols that were long associated with Egyptian pagans. I mean what if a new revolution happens inside the US and they use the Holy Quran or Islamic symbolism given that the revolutionaries are freethinkers/liberals, would that not raise eyebrows ?

VVolfgang
01-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I think paganism has more to do with idolatry. Like the pyramid and the all seeing eye on the US dollar bill ?

@VVolfgang but how come they chose symbols that were long associated with Egyptian pagans. I mean what if a new revolution happens inside the US and they use the Holy Quran or Islamic symbolism given that the revolutionaries are freethinkers/liberals, would that not raise eyebrows ?

the obverse of the Great Seal wasn't adopted during revolutionary times. if I remember correctly it was adopted sometime in the early 20th century. the unfinished pyramid symbolizes the Great Work in which the US is engaged, which is a work in progress (hence no capstone), being overseen by the Eye of Providence, being that the Works of a great and free nation (the US) are divinely ordained (in a sense) and the inevitable destiny of mankind.