PDA

View Full Version : 120 pounds. Cannot gain!

jordanfilbrun
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I am 20 years old. Have been working out for 4 years now, I used to take whey protein along with my workouts but I decided to get serious about gaining some weight but I cant seem to get anywhere. I am taking mass gainer right now (about 600-800 calories) and trying to eat a lot but I dont have that big of an appetite unfortunately. I also dont have the money for a lean protein and high calorie diet. Has anybody been in my situation? any tips on boosting my appetite or cheap tricks to up my caloric intake.

tokelift
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Peanut butter/Nutella/Banana slices sandwich, easy 800+ calories and not filling at all.

NABlakley
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Acquire peanut butter and ice cream, proceed to consume said products.

Yodums
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I am 20 years old. Have been working out for 4 years now, I used to take whey protein along with my workouts but I decided to get serious about gaining some weight but I cant seem to get anywhere. I am taking mass gainer right now (about 600-800 calories) and trying to eat a lot but I dont have that big of an appetite unfortunately. I also dont have the money for a lean protein and high calorie diet. Has anybody been in my situation? any tips on boosting my appetite or cheap tricks to up my caloric intake.

Stop buying mass gainers (ie. throwing away your money). Start eating whole foods. Gaining weight at 120 lbs is not hard at all.

ironwill2008

I've been in your situation. I fooled myself into thinking I was actually doing everything I could to gain weight. I remained a 130 pound twig.

When I actually began weighing/measuring/tracking my meals, I realized I wasn't eating even half what I thought I was.

Calorie-dense food items are your friends; fatty cuts of red meat, full-fat dairy including lots of whole milk, avocados, peanut butter, all types of nuts, olive oil on anything you can stand to eat it on, ice cream, pasta, bagels.

Dirnato
I think you should start by posting what kind of meals you eat now, what are the macros you try to hit, and what kind of work outs you do.

godsamurai
01-24-2013, 11:50 AM
go do some light exercise like half an hour before eating. push up, running, w/e.

taking vitamin C or eating foods that have vitamin C (such as orange juice) can boost appetite as well.

it takes gradual time to change. Your stomach will get bigger in the future and you will get hungrier even more. As for how long it takes, it might be relative to how much your body change. The bigger you get, the more appetite and foods consumption you will get.

since you are beginner, u can gain up to least 20pounds within a year if you do it right. When you get bigger and heavier, you will notice your appetite is a lot bigger.

rugby92
01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
No Money?

Half the people on this site get awesome poverty gains.

Make sure you are eating a big breakfast and eat it early (between 6am and 7:30m). None of this sleep in every day bullchit because the longer you sleep in the less of an appetite you will get. Eat oats with milk and heaps of them, this will only cost a dollar a day or less.

Lunch and dinner, look at what other people are posting but you are going to have to eat a lot! Cans of tuna are really cheap sources of lean protein, eat one or two a day between meals.

After dinner, around 30mins to an hour later when your stomach is better from you fcuking it with food... then take your shake (home made > mass gainer).

You need to pound your little stomach with food, force it to love food. You are a fat person at heart now... go forth and food fcuk yourself.

thatcrzyguy
01-24-2013, 12:45 PM

god blessed you with a high ass maintenance if you dont take advantage of it if not ill come after you.

Jorge18
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Milk + Ice Cream + Protein + Peanut Butter + Bananas = lots of calories.

justin0202
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
No Money?

Half the people on this site get awesome poverty gains.

Make sure you are eating a big breakfast and eat it early (between 6am and 7:30m). None of this sleep in every day bullchit because the longer you sleep in the less of an appetite you will get. Eat oats with milk and heaps of them, this will only cost a dollar a day or less.

Lunch and dinner, look at what other people are posting but you are going to have to eat a lot! Cans of tuna are really cheap sources of lean protein, eat one or two a day between meals.

After dinner, around 30mins to an hour later when your stomach is better from you fcuking it with food... then take your shake (home made > mass gainer).

You need to pound your little stomach with food, force it to love food. You are a fat person at heart now... go forth and food fcuk yourself.

To much tuna will result in mercury poisioning, kee pit between 6-12 ounces of tuna a week and you can replace tuna throughout the week with salmon and talapia if you want fish.

softpounder
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm also a student so I actually bought beef patties, bread, cheese slices and ate the same meal every night for one week.

Easy 720 calories at night if you make yourself a burger.

Bread, beef patty, two slices of cheese, lettuce, bacon, mayo, tomato, onions.

AlwaysTryin
01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Cannot gain weight? Yes you can

hercules455
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Its simple! In order to gain weight you have to be in a calorie surplus. Your body isn't any different that any other human. So get yourself some peanut butter, buttermilk, ice cream, and whey and throw it all in a blender! That should do it!

Flex14
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Milk was my best friend at the time I was that weight. 1L after workout and another liter throughout the day. Milk with every meal ect..