PDA

View Full Version : Critique my diet (PROTEIN INTAKE)

Ggrodgers
01-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Can anyone with extensive, proper knowledge of nutrition please confirm the protein intake of the following foods? I've been getting varying responses from different sources and don't have the nutrition label of every food (because I buy most in bulk, cheaply).

Breakfast (7:00 AM):
2 servings of oatmeal with milk (16 g)
3 whole eggs (18 g)

Post-workout (10:00 AM):
1 serving of oatmeal with milk (8 g)
1 can of tuna (40 g)

Lunch (12:00 PM):
100 g of quinoa (14 g)
180 g of chicken, turkey (40 g)

Snack (15:00 PM):
1 serving of oatmeal with milk (8 g)
3 egg whites (9 g)

Post-workout (18:30 PM):
1 glass of milk (8 g)

Dinner (19:00 PM):
100 g of quinoa (14 g)
180 g of chicken, turkey (40 g)

Please note I'm only interested in my protein macros - and am well aware that I lack needed fat, carbs etc., in this list. Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
Ggrodgers

BeingPaid
01-23-2013, 06:18 AM
It looks about right just glancing at it.. but has it ever crossed your mind to use a calorie/macro counter website? Surely you've heard of them before...

Just dump all that info into MyFitnessPal or Calorie Counter and you'll get exact answers.

nicklyne
01-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Please note I'm only interested in my protein macros - and am well aware that I lack needed fat,

Well id sort that out before you even think about doing out else

Ggrodgers
01-23-2013, 06:34 AM
It looks about right just glancing at it.. but has it ever crossed your mind to use a calorie/macro counter website? Surely you've heard of them before...

Just dump all that info into MyFitnessPal or Calorie Counter and you'll get exact answers.

Yeah I'm aware of sites like those, but I prefer finding out the calorie/nutrition value of each food by myself since - in my experience at least - there tends to be a slight discrepancy when compared to the food labels (although I'm probably wrong here).

But thanks for your input man. I appreciate it!

WonderPug
01-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Since you don't list total protein intake, I don't know if your intake meets sufficiency for sure, but you only need about 145 grams per day, so you're probably there.

Your diet is obviously actually deficient in micronutrients and it contains a potentially hazardous amount of tuna, but from the composition of your diet I presume you don't care about health or nutrition much.

I don't know why you consume so many very small meals, but if for some reason that's your preference, then it shouldn't not directly harm the outcome of your diet.

And, as you noted, it's likely that your diet is deficient in fat, perhaps acutely so.

nicklyne
01-23-2013, 06:42 AM
Since you don't list total protein intake, I don't know if your intake meets sufficiency for sure, but you only need about 145 grams per day, so you're probably there.

Your diet is obviously actually deficient in micronutrients and it contains a potentially hazardous amount of tuna, but from the composition of your diet I presume you don't care about health or nutrition much.

I don't know why you consume so many very small meals, but if for some reason that's your preference, then it shouldn't not directly harm the outcome of your diet.

And, as you noted, it's likely that your diet is deficient in fat, perhaps acutely so.

this x1000000

Ggrodgers
01-23-2013, 06:52 AM

This isn't my actual diet plan for the day. PLEASE NOTE: I only listed my protein sources because this is what I was asking for in my OP. If I wanted you to critique other parts of my diet, I would have listed that.

*EDIT: Also, I didn't write my needed protein intake because I wanted you to confirm how much protein I got from the list.*

The ability to read and absorb makes all the difference...

WonderPug
01-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Also, I didn't write my needed protein intake because I wanted you to confirm how much protein I got from the list.*There are numerous websites that make it easy to calculate the macronutrient composition of your diet. Use them.

nicklyne
01-23-2013, 06:59 AM
There are numerous websites that make it easy to calculate the macronutrient composition of your diet. Use them.

this is bb.com

not math.com