PDA

View Full Version : can i get general consensus on my diet re fats and proteins. :/

doueven1
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Currently coming off a cut and going to clean bulk slowly.

male, 29, 5'9", 151 pounds. 9%bf.

my current macros are:

Protein 246 Carbs 144 Fats 57

I recently thought to adjust to something like: (i know only a slight adjustment buts its a work in progress and im hoping in the right direction)

P236 C145 F62

my question is, should i shoot fats higher and protein lower? cals i want around 2100 for now.
is their a standard amount of fat per meal you should/shouldnt have? 6 meals a day and dont consume fats pre or post workout.
i also alternate my carbs and fats except breakfast where it is all mixed.

if need be i can post my diet for some criticism but i really want this diet to be the right so when i do start to increase cals i only need to really play with the carbs.

Thanks

WonderPug
01-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Consume 125 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat per day, with the remainder of your caloric budget composed from whatever mix of carbs and additional protein and fat you prefer.

The number of meals and the composition of your meals is also simply a function of personal preference, as it will not directly impact bodyweight or composition.

doueven1
01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Consume 125 grams of protein and 70 grams of fat per day, with the remainder of your caloric budget composed from whatever mix of carbs and additional protein and fat you prefer.

The number of meals and the composition of your meals is also simply a function of personal preference, as it will not directly impact bodyweight or composition.

so in terms of the fats im on the right track for minimum atleast.

i am aware i am consuming too much protein, i just want to increase my carbs slowly, in which time i will decrease my protein.

if that makes sense

WonderPug
01-22-2013, 09:51 AM
so in terms of the fats im on the right track for minimum atleast. i am aware i am consuming too much protein, i just want to increase my carbs slowly, in which time i will decrease my protein. if that makes senseYou clearly did not read my prior post.

doueven1
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
You clearly did not read my prior post.

lol, i did and do understand.

so increase fats, decrease protein and make up the cals with carbs . as well as additional fats and proteins if i desire.

doueven1
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
sitting with this so far P200 C170 F70

working...