PDA

View Full Version : Should the 49ers cut Akers?

mcbizkit02
01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling he's gonna cost them the Super Bowl.

Nara62629
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
it won't come down to 3 points so it wont matter.

kanodogg
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
only if they can get someone better. that miss was like WTF though.

iamgenus
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
And have who to kick the ball?

They just cut Cundiff and can't pick him up again. There is a limit on amount of roster moves a team can make in the playoffs and the 49ers may be close to hitting it anyways.

Akers just has to make the kicks but it would be best for the team if they don't play for field goals and try to score TDs and let Akers kick off and hit extra points. But I'd put the odd of Dustin Hopkins being a 49er at like 75% of course if some other team wants to draft him that bad they can have him but given the clear need and the amount of draft picks they have...could very well see him taken in the 4th round or if the rumors of the niners getting a 3rd round comp pick a true wouldn't shock me if he was taken there.

Tip
I hold my breath every time that ****er kicks. He's like Jose Cortez 2.0 out there.

iamgenus
only if they can get someone better. that miss was like WTF though.

Windy conditions...

JBhaverhill
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I think they should let Andy Lee punt it through the up-rights. He'll have better accuracy than Akers.

L0lJ0ker3
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
I think they should let Andy Lee punt it through the up-rights. He'll have better accuracy than Akers.

This

brb inside the 50 go for it on 4th down

kronzino
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
We should just run the ball in jumbo package on 4th downs, no matter the distance.

Still better chance than Akers

Clamz
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
he won't be back next season. Can they bring in a new kicker now, if they found one?

kanodogg
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Windy conditions...

falcons play in a dome...

Dave P
01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
This isn't even remotely a question.

Akers will be cut as soon a they are allowed to start making cuts.

I didn't watch the kick today...literally put my head down and closed my eyes...all I heard was the "BONG" when it hit the upright and "HE MISSED IT".

Forest239
01-20-2013, 10:50 PM

They just cut Cundiff and can't pick him up again. There is a limit on amount of roster moves a team can make in the playoffs and the 49ers may be close to hitting it anyways.

Akers just has to make the kicks but it would be best for the team if they don't play for field goals and try to score TDs and let Akers kick off and hit extra points. But I'd put the odd of Dustin Hopkins being a 49er at like 75% of course if some other team wants to draft him that bad they can have him but given the clear need and the amount of draft picks they have...could very well see him taken in the 4th round or if the rumors of the niners getting a 3rd round comp pick a true wouldn't shock me if he was taken there.

Hopkins will do the 49ers good, the guy has one hell of leg (and him spraying his shoes gold will be awesome if he joins the 49ers)

Psyren
01-21-2013, 12:02 AM
nothing but love for Akers but he cost us 6 points vs packers in 2010 when eagles lost by 5.

he was amazing for you guys last season tho so have faith, kicking wont be the reason the 49ers lose.

Erik111
01-21-2013, 12:09 AM
If he's healed and hasn't re-aggravated his hernias, I don't see why he wouldn't return to form next season. If he's cut it might be a good pickup for someone else unfortunately

ElMariachi
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM

Akers just has to make the kicks but it would be best for the team if they don't play for field goals and try to score TDs and let Akers kick off and hit extra points. But I'd put the odd of Dustin Hopkins being a 49er at like 75% of course if some other team wants to draft him that bad they can have him but given the clear need and the amount of draft picks they have... could very well see him taken in the 4th round or if the rumors of the niners getting a 3rd round comp pick a true wouldn't shock me if he was taken there.

LOL, I'd flip out if they did that. Hopkins isn't close to being that caliber of kicker. Strong leg with so-so accuracy doesn't justify that early of a pick, he's no better than a 6th rounder IMO.

SOCALNINER
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
literally cringed before he went for that kick to tie the game....heard the BONG and damn near cried