PDA

View Full Version : Sigh I'm a Ravens but...

Drayen
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
All the players preaching about God the last few weeks really bothers me.

I don't mind people practicing whatever religion they want but the fact that so many Ravens players (most notably Ray Lewis) attribute their success to their faith in God really irks me. How you can be so conceited and simple minded to think that an omnipotent being decided to ignore so many other believers and care about only you and your football game. God decided to let millions die and starve but because Ray Lewis has faith, he can play his last season out and make it to the super bowl.

Okay....

dRose37
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM

I don't mind people practicing whatever religion they want but the fact that so many Ravens players (most notably Ray Lewis) attribute their success to their faith in God really irks me. How you can be so conceited and simple minded to think that an omnipotent being decided to ignore so many other believers and care about only you and your football game. God decided to let millions die and starve but because Ray Lewis has faith, he can play his last season out and make it to the super bowl.

Okay....

strong superiority complex. get off your high-horse and let the man do what he wants. Its obvious hes a strong christian and its very evident that his strong faith motivates him and others around him.

"simpleminded"? LOL pls go with that bullchit. Lately im starting to think atheists are the biggest potatoes on earth

PaulG
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Cause none of that **** matters, religion is a mental steroid to do super hyped crazy ****. Sugar knows this.

Look at Mike Tyson before he started doubting his faith. Was impenetrable, he'd eat your heart. Religion is a product of evolution to make people stronger than they normally would be.

Forest239
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
He should be thankful for his genetics.

Drayen
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
strong superiority complex. get off your high-horse and let the man do what he wants. Its obvious hes a strong christian and its very evident that his strong faith motivates him and others around him.

"simpleminded"? LOL pls go with that bullchit. Lately im starting to think atheists are the biggest potatoes on earth

There's a difference between being motivated by your faith, and attributing your successes to your faith. The latter is what's simple minded.

This is a team sport.

TranceOfPeace
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
good post, brah.

dRose37
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
There's a difference between being motivated by your faith, and attributing your successes to your faith. The latter is what's simple minded.

This is a team sport.

Yeah, your case could be heard, except that ray lewis is the best teammate in football. Could it be that strong faith that led to motivation also led to success?

brighamw
01-20-2013, 09:11 PM

I would think a "strong christian" would figure God has a few more important things to worry about than making sure Ray Lewis and the Raven's win a Super Bowl just because it's his last year...

But hey, I could be wrong, maybe God's the biggest Raven's fan around :D

LiftDeezWeights
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Couldn't agree more OP.

RogerSterling
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
ray lewis is a phaggot

boo hoo hoo god is great praise be unto him no weapons formed no weapons formed *dance dance dance*

gtfo ray lewis I can't wait until you retire you childish attention whore kunt

dRose37
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
I would think a "strong christian" would figure God has a few more important things to worry about than making sure Ray Lewis and the Raven's win a Super Bowl just because it's his last year...

Just because there are alot more important things on earth doesnt mean one cant appreciate that football is very important to him, something he loves and spent years of hardwork and dedication on. We all got passions breh, and im pretty sure God can appreciate that

CCAurora
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM

I guess he was the biggest Giants fan around last year... the team he likes is always the one that wins the Super Bowl... God's a bandwaggoner! ;)

I'd like to see a devout Muslim make it big in the NFL and make people uncomfortable by praying to Mecca mid-game.

RogerSterling
01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Just because there are alot more important things on earth doesnt mean one cant appreciate that football is very important to him, something he loves and spent years of hardwork and dedication on. We all got passions breh, and im pretty sure God can appreciate that

my god... you are... such a bich i can barely... barely stand it....

dRose37
01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
my god... you are... such a bich i can barely... barely stand it....

lol dude everything you say about sports is wrong, but to be such a society oblivious phaggot as well? My goodness end yourself

ajn
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM

This is a team sport.
it gets him motivated so who cares?

at the end of the day, all he's doing is telling himself what he needs to in order to motivate himself and his team. a lot of teams say stuff like "we were the underdogs, nobody believed in us" blah blah even though it's not true, this is no different.

RogerSterling
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
lol dude everything you say about sports is wrong, but to be such a society oblivious phaggot as well? My goodness end yourself

"society oblivious phaggot"

yes steven, that was a good one. all im saying is that every one of your posts gives clearer insight into what a little wiener bitch you probably are IRL

Drayen
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, your case could be heard, except that ray lewis is the best teammate in football. Could it be that strong faith that led to motivation also led to success?

You are not wrong. His faith is what gives him motivation. His motivation motivates his teammates.

That does not really contradict my point though, which is that it's selfish / narrow-minded to think that of all the people that believe in God, it's his faith that is the reason his team prospered while God ignores all other believers and let's them starve, die of hunger, etc. This is a football game. Believing in God and attributing that belief for his success in football is extremely selfish and narrow-minded. In the grand scheme of things, football is trivial.

it gets him motivated so who cares?

at the end of the day, all he's doing is telling himself what he needs to in order to motivate himself and his team. a lot of teams say stuff like "we were the underdogs, nobody believed in us" blah blah even though it's not true, this is no different.

Really, nothing is a big deal. This is a bodybuilding forum after all. Just posting my opinion and wanted to see how other's feel.

RedAccord
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM

This. Internet atheists are so pathetic. So what if he's religious? Why does it bother you so much? Let the man live his life. He got to where he is by working hard. If his belief in God helped motivate him to be successful, then so be it.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-20-2013, 09:24 PM

strong christan. murdered someone. has six children with 4 women. huge christian. seems legit

dRose37
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
"society oblivious phaggot"

yes steven, that was a good one. all im saying is that every one of your posts gives clearer insight into what a little wiener bitch you probably are IRL

lol i go to a top uni. u of i majoring in molecular and cellular bio, gonna be making 100k pretty soon and i fuk more bitches than you even communicate with. I would guarentee youre a low life. Umad? :) NEXT!

SRSmiscerIZsrs
01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
lol i go to a top uni. u of i majoring in molecular and cellular bio, gonna be making 100k pretty soon and i fuk more bitches than you even communicate with. I would guarentee youre a low life. Umad? :) NEXT!

damn bro. thats srs business. my cawk is 2 feet long.

BullStampede
01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Gotta agree with OP. Not with the fact that he is religious and finds strength in that, but to think that some all powerful being cares about the outcome of a football game and had something to do with that win is definitely simple minded. Cant say it really bothers me all that much though. Just wish they wouldnt put it on camera EVERY single time he does it.

RogerSterling
01-20-2013, 09:31 PM

lol please, are you aware go to a top uni. u of i majoring in molecular and cellular bio, gonna be making 100k pretty soon and i fuk more bitches than you even communicate with. I would guarentee youre a low life. Umad? :) NEXT!

Nocks
01-20-2013, 09:32 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26735447.jpg

IraHays
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
There is no god. But if I got away with a double murder I might have a little faith.

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 09:39 PM

lol i go to a top uni. u of i majoring in molecular and cellular bio, gonna be making 100k pretty soon and i fuk more bitches than you even communicate with. I would guarentee youre a low life. Umad? :) NEXT!...

And OP is dead on. Most have been born into and brainwashed into believing whatever religion they do and it can be motivating. They'll attempt to rationalize their belief and subsequent success in a way that makes sense to them. Ray believes because of his hard work and faith he is rewarded by some god.

SkyGuardian
01-20-2013, 09:40 PM

Molecular and Cellular Bio majors DO NOT make even close to 60k starting let alone 100k. Secondly Lewis is ignorant to be spouting scriptures suggesting no weapon shall prosper against them and real Christians are disgusted by his notion.

I know because my family is all Christian excluding myself but that's beside the point.

isawthesign
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
How come Christians are allowed to preach their beliefs openly like this? But when someone comes out and says God doesn't exist everyone has a cow?

cheerupemokid
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM

Okay....

First, Christians believe that they would not be here today but for the intervention of Jesus Christ into the world dying for us. Further they mean that is through aiming their life at Jesus Christ that they're able to draw strength from their faith which makes them successful.

SompletelyCober
01-20-2013, 09:47 PM

Wow, what a weirdo. This kid is sad.

Also, I don't think anyone would care all that much if Ray Ray simply said, "I want to thank God" real quick at the beginning of his post game interview but this attention whoring loser is out here making a spectacle, falling to his knees, weeping at midfield and screaming unintelligibly after the game while a circle of photographers gather around him and document such idiocy.

I'm now strongly rooting against the Ravens. Their leader is an immature, attention starved halfwit. His whole demeanor has only been getting more annoying since he announced his retirement. Brett Favre acted like less of a phaggot.

phillyfreak7
How come Christians are allowed to preach their beliefs openly like this? But when someone comes out and says God doesn't exist everyone has a cow?Because one is a social normality and has been for years. To all the mindless drones, not believing in god I guess could be best described as "un-American".

cheerupemokid
How come Christians are allowed to preach their beliefs openly like this? But when someone comes out and says God doesn't exist everyone has a cow?

Well, here in America people believe these crazy things called freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

Also, OP is having a cow because Ray Lewis apparently attributed his success to his faith.

Bigjoe247
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Ray is not saying his faith is the reason why they are winning..he's saying god already has everything planned out and the fact that god is willing to let ray keep playing is why ray is praising The Lord .. Win or lose ray will say that that is his destiny. And he wil praise The Lord win or lose.

ShweezyBTFO
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
I guess he was the biggest Giants fan around last year... the team he likes is always the one that wins the Super Bowl... God's a bandwaggoner! ;)

I'd like to see a devout Muslim make it big in the NFL and make people uncomfortable by praying to Mecca mid-game.

I'd rather see a strong atheist make it big and make people uncomfortable when he conspicuously leaves out "God" in all his gratuities.

Fruity Snacks
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
First, Christians believe that they would not be here today but for the intervention of Jesus Christ into the world dying for us. Further they mean that is through aiming their life at Jesus Christ that they're able to draw strength from their faith which makes them successful.
thank you. finally someone understands.
well put.

iamgenus
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Anyone know if God is going to the Pro Bowl to help any of those guys get there? I'm hoping he enjoys Hawaii and sticks around for another week so Ray has to play without him taking up blockers in front of him.

If he makes it to the game I hope the refs start throwing flags for too many men on the field until Ray admits God isn't out there with him.

Drayen
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Ray is not saying his faith is the reason why they are winning..he's saying god already has everything planned out and the fact that god is willing to let ray keep playing is why ray is praising The Lord .. Win or lose ray will say that that is his destiny. And he wil praise The Lord win or lose.

"God is amazing. When you believe in him.. man believes in the possible, God believes in the impossible."

"The impossible" being them overcoming all odds to beat the Broncos. How is that not saying they won because God let them win, accomplishing "the impossible."

ajn
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
"God is amazing. When you believe in him.. man believes in the possible, God believes in the impossible."

"The impossible" being them overcoming all odds to beat the Broncos. How is that not saying they won because God let them win, accomplishing "the impossible."
but God isn't real, so at the end of the day he's just talking to himself for motivation. what is so hard to understand about that?

brighamw
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Just FYI, not everyone ITT against Ray's demonstrations is an atheist, lol...

Matthew 6:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

:rolleyes:

Bezzz
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
He wouldn't be preaching if he didnt make those millions every year. Food for thought

cheerupemokid
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM

You're projecting what you think he means into a statement, so the fact that you're annoyed with the statement just means that it is you who are frustrating yourself.

newtmiscer
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM

LOL this ni99a thinks that he's going to be making 100k soon with biology and probably hasnt even taken O chem.

P.S slaying dumb college sloots really doesnt make you better

Jamielak
01-20-2013, 10:57 PM
FixA4qsRAAw

ray lewis on dat mental steroid

PaulG
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
FixA4qsRAAw

ray lewis on dat mental steroid

farkin epic will rep on r/c

kethnaab
01-21-2013, 12:58 AM

^^^

IsLifeRealLife
01-21-2013, 01:20 AM

lol 68% acceptance rate = top uni

*DH*
01-21-2013, 03:23 AM
To an extent, OP is right. Why would God ignore all His believers that put the faith of their success into Him and only help Ray Lewis? What about Tebow? I mean it's no reason to be upset like OP is, but in a sense he is right.

LanceStone
01-21-2013, 03:41 AM
Molecular and Cellular Bio majors DO NOT make even close to 60k starting let alone 100k. Secondly Lewis is ignorant to be spouting scriptures suggesting no weapon shall prosper against them and real Christians are disgusted by his notion.

I know because my family is all Christian excluding myself but that's beside the point.

I wish god made you taller brah :\

Oh and yes i completely agree with this

InsanePain11
01-21-2013, 03:42 AM
Agreed OP, I mentioned this in another thread as well. It's pretty dumb imo, but hey many players do it. But with Lewis it's lols because it's so over the top. Oh well, he's free to believe what he wants. Still a great player. But players decide the outcome of games, not this god/destiny talk.

victor_maximus
01-21-2013, 04:04 AM
Can a Mod please move this thread to the Religion/Politics section?

dirtdickens
01-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Evertime I hear that Phaggot Lewis and his "No weapon" BS I have to laugh to myself as I think about his suit he was wearing the night of the super bowl murder and imagining him hiding it in a trash can.

Tony G should be getting the praise Lewis is.

meekmilli
01-21-2013, 04:33 AM
strong christan. murdered someone. has six children with 4 women. huge christian. seems legit

ray lewis gives all urban youths a bad name with his utter stupidity

WarrNation
01-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Just FYI, not everyone ITT against Ray's demonstrations is an atheist, lol...

:rolleyes:

i think you are taking that passage out of context...that passage i talking about hypocrites alone. Is Ray Lewis a hypocrite?

Bulkytheboot
01-21-2013, 05:03 AM
I actually don't mind when people use God or divine revelations to have massive success.

Genghis Khan would have never accomplished anything if it wasn't for his "walk-in" with "god" in his teen years, where god told him he would rule the world.

but when people use God or the Bible to spread hate or actually use it for the opposite of what i've mentioned above (I don'ts gots to do anythin but claim mah welfare checks and go to church every sunday)... thats rustles my jimmies more than a rustler has ever rustled

Also, i'm not saying you need a "god given purpose) to be greatly successful. You just have to have a purpose, a focus, a goal that you truly believe you can accomplish. Theres plenty of methods on how to acquire this "i was born for this, get the fck out of the way" confidence with today's technology and understanding. And for many who are uneducated to a degree in matters of philosophy, science, psychology, etc - they often point to it being "god had a purpose for me"; which is why its a predominant trend in sport athletes and among modern civilization's leaders.

Bulkytheboot
01-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Lol read the first page. This guy pretty much nailed it and no one responded to him and instead got into atheism/theism debate.

sports misc, not even once

Cause none of that **** matters, religion is a mental steroid to do super hyped crazy ****. Sugar knows this.

Look at Mike Tyson before he started doubting his faith. Was impenetrable, he'd eat your heart. Religion is a product of evolution to make people stronger than they normally would be.

abbot92
01-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Religion is for kids who grew up in poverty.

BNR
01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
It has been really annoying, any time Lewis talks or falls on the ground crying in front of a circle of photographers I just have to mute the tv. I was thinking about how much people were voicing their opinion about how Tebow talks about his faith but Lewis does the the same thing to a complete new level with all the yelling, crying, dropping to the floor and being overdramatic. It's just getting old and annoying, say your "praise to God" and then move on, don't make a scene in front of everyone.

orderoutofchaos
01-21-2013, 12:01 PM
lol i go to a top uni. u of i majoring in molecular and cellular bio, gonna be making 100k pretty soon and i fuk more bitches than you even communicate with. I would guarentee youre a low life. Umad? NEXT!

BladeRun
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm a Christian.

A Christian's perspective is that exceptional skill or talent is a gift from God. I have no problem with players thanking God for their talents - it has nothing to do with God caring about football.

I don't care for Ray Lewis's displays on many fronts. Foremost in the Christian belief is humbleness and striving to live a life that honors God - neither of which seemingly describes RL (though admittedly I only know what is exposed to the public.) He also seemingly associates God's plan and protection with his team winning, which again, I don't in any way agree with.