PDA

View Full Version : Is capernick better than cam

waytoodeep03
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Or is he just beneficiary of a good coach and a great team?

GolfPants
01-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Both.

leafs43
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Scam Newton is just an immature QB that will win nothing.

ajn
if Cam was on this Niners team ohhhh lawd

meekmilli
no.

his huge game against the packers was average at best. vick, cam, rg3 woulda all had over 200 yards rushing with that blocking and horrible D

monsterBEN
capernick > newtown

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Or is he just beneficiary of a good coach and a great team?He's a better passer who is also on a better team.

Kaepernick has a cannon. I think he has the strongest arm in the NFL. And he has great touch on his passes. Perfect spiral lasers on those passes in traffic, and great accuracy when he has to drop it in the bucket.

If that offense gets another WR to go along with Crabtree and Vernon Davis, prepare your anus for 35 PPG next season. That team is loaded.

ek1386
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Newton will never be great unless he can change his immature, entitled attitude and learn how to be a leader.

kanodogg
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
if Cam was on this Niners team ohhhh lawd

he'd hold kaepernicks clipboard like nobodys business

Dave P
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
The problem with Cam is the mental side.

His attitude, preparation, and mental fortitude are all lacking and he becomes a little bitch when things aren't going well.

waytoodeep03
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
he'd hold kaepernicks clipboard like nobodys business

Wait waht?

So cam wouldnt be in the superbowl if he and ****n switched places?

Dave P
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Wait waht?

So cam wouldnt be in the superbowl if he and ****n switched places?

Cam turns into a bitch when his team is down by more than one possession....show me how many games he's lead his team out of a hole to a victory.

The dude just seems like a sh!tty leader and his mental toughness is lacking.

TheOligarch
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Kaepernick is nothing more than a system player. People like to talk about his playoff game against the Packers, well...if you switch QBs where Rodgers is on the 49ers and Kaepernick on the Packers you'd see Rodgers with a 300+ yd 3-4 TD game and Kaepernick would barely break 200 yds probably 50% passing (he was at 55% for the game anyways) and probably have 1-2 INT.

NorrinRadd12
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
If Newton was on the 49ers I don't think they would have lost a game this year.

If Kap was on the Panthers?

jordan.gif

brb_ballin
01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Cam went to the worst team in the league this season.

Kaep took on a team that was in the NFC title game the previous year and had the best defense in the football along.

he was in a much better situation.

so no I would say Newton is more talented.

BEASTMODE420
01-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Kaep took on a team that was in the NFC title game the previous year and had the best defense in the football along.

agree that cam may be more talented/gifted athletically but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to being the best quarterback, you need so more than that. kaep has a cooler head and plays smarter in the open field. i'd barely put cam in the top 20 where id consider kaep close to the top 10 most valuable qbs

wilson>kap>rg3>vick>seneca wallace> my younger brothers maturity level> cam

Dave P
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
i'd barely put cam in the top 20 where id consider kaep close to the top 10 most valuable qbs

wilson>kap>rg3>vick>seneca wallace> my younger brothers maturity level> cam

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2toal2Sv1r1ang0o1_400.gif

ElMariachi
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
No, but he can be. Chip Smith trained both of them for the NFL Draft and claims that Kaepernick is the superior athlete.

Chip Smith might be the only man who has spent considerable time personally working out Cam Newton and ****n Kaepernick -- and he believes the Nevada quarterback is a superior athlete when compared to Auburn's Heisman Trophy winner.

"They're a lot alike in terms of being really special, and they're both extremely athletic," said Smith, founder of Duluth, Ga.-based Competitive Edge Sports. "But ****n is actually a little bit better athletically. He's a little faster -- I've clocked him as low as a 4.4 (-second runner in the 40-yard dash) -- and there isn't a quarterback in this draft who throws the ball with the velocity that ****n does. ****n is a better athlete, and he understands the game better."

That's high praise from a man who has trained elite football players for 20 years. Smith also has long ties to Newton's family and worked with the quarterback after he left the University of Florida in 2008 and was looking at other schools.

Smith, who spent the winter training Kaepernick for February's NFL Scouting Combine, said he expects a team to move up into the back end of the first round to land the quarterback. Smith also said the fact that some analysts have Kaepernick rated as low as the fifth-best quarterback in next week's draft motivates the prospect.

"Of the 56 quarterbacks I've worked with, ****n is the most prepared for the NFL," Smith said. "I've never seen the kind of complete package like ****n Kaepernick has."

Kaepernick also shows better poise, Newtons gets up, he gets down, he overreacts when things go well or when things go bad, Kaepernick doesn't seem to get fazed by much, not by throwing a pick six in his first NFL playoff game, not by being down 17-0 on the road in the playoffs, he's on a much more even-keel.

One thing's for sure, Newton isn't "I got selected 35 picks ahead of you" better than Kaepernick.

drvillain
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Pains me to say it, but Scam Newton is more of a threat than kap

RavenStorm
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Cam turns into a bitch when his team is down by more than one possession....show me how many games he's lead his team out of a hole to a victory.

The dude just seems like a sh!tty leader and his mental toughness is lacking.

Cam: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=NewtCa00

Kaep: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=KaepCo00

Also, interesting that Jake Plummer of all people is tied for #12 on all time game winning drives. Tied for 19 on 4th quarter comebacks.

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Pains me to say it, but Scam Newton is more of a threat than kap

The only place Newton is a bigger threat is Best Buy

Dave P
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Cam: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=NewtCa00

Kaep: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=KaepCo00

Also, interesting that Jake Plummer of all people is tied for #12 on all time game winning drives. Tied for 19 on 4th quarter comebacks.

Overcoming a 2 point deficit to the 5-11 Jaguars and a 1 point deficit to the 4-12 Eagles

Prolific.

hublife
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't want Newton on this team. It's rare you get a "cancer" at the QB position but somehow that @sshole has pulled it off.

If I were starting a franchise TOMORROW the only QB I would even consider over Kaepernick is Luck and even then I would lean towards Kaep.

TheOligarch
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
lol. I don't know why people keep emphasizing Kaepernick's 40 time and throwing velocity, two useless stats.

lol at hublife. Look's like to criticize Kaepernick is to criticize God. Utterly sickening, have you no shame?

hublife
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
lol. I don't know why people keep emphasizing Kaepernick's 40 time and throwing velocity, two useless stats.

lol at hublife. Look's like to criticize Kaepernick is to criticize God. Utterly sickening, have you no shame?

How do my balls taste?

Yeah his 40 time didn't play a role in smoking the Packers defense...

And "Velocity" doesn't mean sh!t in an NFL QB... right?

Gooby plz

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
How do my balls taste?

Gooby plz

did you not see his 4.5 ass running with 10 yards of open field in every direction of him? Mike vick woulda rushed for like 300 that game. burning the packers had nothing to do with him. Tom brady woulda gained 100 yards rushing on that ****ty D

hublife
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
did you not see his 4.5 ass running with 10 yards of open field in every direction of him? Mike vick woulda rushed for like 300 that game. burning the packers had nothing to do with him. Tom brady woulda gained 100 yards rushing on that ****ty D

You just went full retard.

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
You just went full retard.

You didnt watch the game did you

hublife
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
You didnt watch the game did you

You don't understand football, do you?

Miked1978
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Kaepernick is nothing more than a system player. People like to talk about his playoff game against the Packers, well...if you switch QBs where Rodgers is on the 49ers and Kaepernick on the Packers you'd see Rodgers with a 300+ yd 3-4 TD game and Kaepernick would barely break 200 yds probably 50% passing (he was at 55% for the game anyways) and probably have 1-2 INT.

Lol a system player. Ok you done went full retard. Please explain to me how he's a system player? He ran the read option against Green Bay because the defense couldnt stop it. Against Atlanta he was a pocket passer only running twice. If you mean a guy who can excel in all systems then ok i agree.

If Newton was on the 49ers I don't think they would have lost a game this year.

If Kap was on the Panthers?

jordan.gif

If newton was ont he niners Alex Smith would be starting. Cammy would have been benched after Alex came back from his concussion due to poor attitude. Cam has the talent but like everyone else says his attitude is pissy.

So according to this logic, Tebow is better than Peyton Manning. Tebow led the Broncos to a playoff win while Peyton didn't. This logic is flawed and you know it.

DasWunderBrah
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Would rather have Cam than Smith and I think both Cam and Kaep would have success on either respective teams. Coaching staff for the Niners is exceptional and probably would have put Cam in better disposition mentally.

Both have elite talent and I think that Kaep was in a better situation to capitalize on his earlier than Cam's.

lol at people calling Cam a "cancer" after only two seasons; everyone in the locker room and admin wants him to improve and succeed and he has hardly been divisive among his teammates; they are just holding him accountable.

iamgenus
01-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Tough to tell at this point. Wait a few years.

No question ****n has a much better situation than Newton but he also has a lot more pressure on him. Tough to say if Cam would take full advantage of the talent on the 49ers or impact the team in a negative way. Let's face it even his own teammates called him out for his moping on the sidelines. Part of the reason the team took to ****n so well after the switch is how he interacts with everyone.

VitaRain
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Tough to tell at this point. Wait a few years.

No question ****n has a much better situation than Newton but he also has a lot more pressure on him. Tough to say if Cam would take full advantage of the talent on the 49ers or impact the team in a negative way. Let's face it even his own teammates called him out for his moping on the sidelines. Part of the reason the team took to ****n so well after the switch is how he interacts with everyone.
agree with the above statement.

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
You don't understand football, do you?

Ill take that as a no

Trapstar4.4
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
you cant really judge at this point. cam is possibly in his sophomore slump, or could be who he is we dont know.
cam still shows flashes of greatness at times. im thinking if you put him behind the best line in the league, some crazy sht would go down

iamgenus
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Ill take that as a no

Yes, 49er fans did not watch their team in the playoffs. Thankfully you're already red so I don't have to waste negs on you. What you said is laughingly stupid.

I guess you didn't watch the Pats game from Sunday? Yeah Tom Brady sure is the master of running with the ball. "Oh look a lane I can run and easily convert this crucial 4th down..oh here comes the nimble Haloti Ngata PASS to a wide open endzone!"

TheOligarch
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
How do my balls taste?

Gooby plz
lol. 40 times don't mean anything. Are you drafting a QB or a punt returner? Why is how fast you can run relevant to the QB position unless you're looking to completely change the QB position to a run dominating notion.

Yes, velocity does not really mean anything either. Kaepernick was measured at 59, Colt McCoy was 56, Brees was about 52, newton about 56, Mallett about 58, Favre 63 (estimated) (all variable for the situation, of course). So it's pretty safe to say that if you're even considered for the position then you have sufficient velocity.

Again, to sin against Kaepernick is to sin against God. Have you no shame? Plus lol at the homoerotic "comebacks", what are we 12?

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes, 49er fans did not watch their team in the playoffs. Thankfully you're already red so I don't have to waste negs on you. What you said is laughingly stupid.

I guess you didn't watch the Pats game from Sunday? Yeah Tom Brady sure is the master of running with the ball. "Oh look a lane I can run and easily convert this crucial 4th down..oh here comes the nimble Haloti Ngata PASS to a wide open endzone!"

Tom Brady cant run for ****. But hed still break 100 against the Packers. Thats the point.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

hublife
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
lol. 40 times don't mean anything. Are you drafting a QB or a punt returner? Why is how fast you can run relevant to the QB position unless you're looking to completely change the QB position to a run dominating notion.

Within the offense the 49ers are running the 40 time becomes very relevant.

Yes, velocity does not really mean anything either. Kaepernick was measured at 59, Colt McCoy was 56, Brees was about 52, newton about 56, Mallett about 58, Favre 63 (estimated) (all variable for the situation, of course). So it's pretty safe to say that if you're even considered for the position then you have sufficient velocity.

You're an idiot. If you can't throw a 15 yard out on a frozen rope you can't play in the NFL. Velocity in terms of physical traits that NFL scouts look at is CRITICAL. They want to see how the ball comes out and if there is "zip"on it.

If velocity doesn't mean anything then Ken Dorsey would still be starting in the NFL somewhere along with Joey Harrington.

Again, to sin against Kaepernick is to sin against God. Have you no shame? Plus lol at the homoerotic "comebacks", what are we 12?

Wanna kiss and make up?

Ikeman83
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Kaep is the better player to have at QB, because he isn't an immature moron. BRB, doing my Superman move when my team is down 30 points and has a 5-10 record.

Seriously, Newton has problems. He puts a towel over his head and mopes on the sideline if his team is losing. Kaepernick is talking to Harbaugh and figuring out what to do to come back on the next play. I think that Kap is on a wildly better team, but I also think that he makes the team better through his solid play. Cam's streaky play puts Carolina all over the place.

TranceOfPeace
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
lmao at everyone claiming Green Bay's defense is terrible and pathetic

brb 11th in yards allowed
brb 17th in rushing yards

And this was before Charles Woodson came back.

OMG SO TERRIBLE!!!!! No, you just think that because Kaepernick shredded them up.

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
lmao at everyone claiming Green Bay's defense is terrible and pathetic

brb 11th in yards allowed
brb 17th in rushing yards

And this was before Charles Woodson came back.

OMG SO TERRIBLE!!!!! No, you just think that because Kaepernick shredded them up.

Another one who didnt watch the game

there were holes bigger than OP's moms vagina

TranceOfPeace
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Tom Brady cant run for ****. But hed still break 100 against the Packers. Thats the point.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Yet, Joe Webb who literally can't pass the ball with any accuracy, and who is only known for having crazy runs couldn't muster 70 yards rushing the week before? ok jeff

TranceOfPeace
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM

Yeah, and guess who created those holes you dumb phaggot? Yeah, Kaepernick.

iamgenus
01-22-2013, 02:42 PM

Apparently none of us watched the game except for you. Enjoy the ban whenever it comes down.

meekmilli
01-22-2013, 02:42 PM

no the people blocking for him LOL

Apparently none of us watched the game except for you. Enjoy the ban whenever it comes down.

you spend too much time living in your own head. if someone disagrees with you they deserve to get banned lmao

iamgenus
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM

you spend too much time living in your own head. if someone disagrees with you they deserve to get banned lmao

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/17/26/26/4023702/3/628x471.jpg

See anyone blocking him?

Ironic how you keep harping on people for "not watching the game" and somehow forget that Kap totally faked out the Packer linebackers and took off while they were giving themselves whiplash trying to find the ball.

TranceOfPeace
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Yeah, the reason he was taking off running during pass plays was because he was getting such great protection. Not because he was getting forced out of the pocket.

TranceOfPeace
01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/KaepernickTD_original.gif

brb forced out of pocket
brb smokes everyone
brb Tom Brady esque

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Scams skill positions > Kaps
Kaps online > scams oline

People will call me bias if I say Kap but Kap rallied a team twice in the postseason so far meanwhile Cam still struggles to close games. I'll take Kap

waytoodeep03
01-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Hey I resent that!

wickedman
01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
I like Cam better than all the other mobile quarterbacks, outside of Wilson, mostly for his size. Guy is a tank.

drewbagel423
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Kaep had 444 total yds and 4 TDs in that game. So you're saying Rodgers would have a worse game if he were on the 9ers?

idz21
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
I would say Cam is better, right now... But that opinion isn't set in stone.

While I think its pretty awesome that Kap is in the SB (and he's earned it). I don't think there's enough of a sample size to put him ahead if Cam, who destroyed record books rushing and passing... With a subpar team outside of Smith. I also think Cap benefits from having an amazing coach (which is better than JH?), great team, and more stable organization.

That said, I really liked Kap coming out of college. Was hoping Miami drafted him. I think he has the tools physically and mentally to create massive destruction in this league. And if he tears up Ray Lewis's D, then maybe we'll talk Kap over Cam...

dirtdickens
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I would rather have Kap at this point TBH. I would rather have a thrower that can run as opposed to the opposite. I cant deny that Kap will probably be a bigger injury risk down the line because he is thin. If they switched teams I doubt either team would be better. Also, I think ****n is a better leader as a QB.

kronzino
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM

So how many QBs ran 100+ yards vs Packers this season?

No wonder you're red and 19

iamgenus
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
I would say Cam is better, right now... But that opinion isn't set in stone.

While I think its pretty awesome that Kap is in the SB (and he's earned it). I don't think there's enough of a sample size to put him ahead if Cam, who destroyed record books rushing and passing... With a subpar team outside of Smith. I also think Cap benefits from having an amazing coach (which is better than JH?), great team, and more stable organization.

That said, I really liked Kap coming out of college. Was hoping Miami drafted him. I think he has the tools physically and mentally to create massive destruction in this league. And if he tears up Ray Lewis's D, then maybe we'll talk Kap over Cam...

It's definitely too early to tell but in regards to the bolded part it's a lot easier to put up big numbers when you're down often and/or in a lot of shootouts. 49ers simply just didn't need him or want him to throw the ball that much. So if you just switch Cam and Kaep you have to account for the rest of the team and offensive philosophy. Even if you expand ****n's numbers for a full season he's 67 attempts short of what Cam did this year and 99 short of what he did last year and I think it would be fair to compare their "rookie" years.

Too many variables to account for to make the comparison. I'm sure both teams are happy with their guy.

Jacket60
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
There's so many misconceptions about Cam Newton in this thread, it's unreal.

Dave P
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
There's so many misconceptions about Cam Newton in this thread, it's unreal.

Aware us.

fly4navy117
01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Hard to say. I think CK is an excellent QB and has shown exceptional poise for a guy who hasn't even started an entire season. His supporting pieces are also much better. Offensive skill positions are roughly even, but the OL and offensive coaching are much better in SF. I don't think CK would do that much better than Cam in Carolina though. There were so many games since Cam became the QB where he scored plenty of points and the defense couldn't get their part done.

I think if Carolina has a good draft/FA this offseason, they are playoff capable.

cor030
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Scams skill positions > Kaps
Kaps online > scams oline

People will call me bias if I say Kap but Kap rallied a team twice in the postseason so far meanwhile Cam still struggles to close games. I'll take Kap

Arguable. Outside of Steve Smith, what skill players are much better if at all than the 49ers? Greg Olsen is not as good as VDavis. They've got good running backs and good receivers.

And a good o-line is a trillion times more important than having a SLIGHTLY better(although I'd prob disagree with that) set of skill players.