PDA

View Full Version : So I guess we were all right about the 49ers...(srs)

evansanity
01-20-2013, 04:32 PM
the only think holding them back was Alex Smith. He inability to throw the deep ball just killed them, I knew kopernick would lead them to victory, dudes an all around stud, a true NFL QB and playmaker, not just a "game clock manager" like Smith was.

I bet the people that stood up for Smith feel stupid right now.

TranceOfPeace
01-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Repped

Dave P
01-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I think the majority of people that stood up for Alex (at least me) argued for him not being as bad as everyone said he was, not him being phenomenal.

I still think Alex is a 10-15 QB caliber QB.

evansanity
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I think the majority of people that stood up for Alex (at least me) argued for him not being as bad as everyone said he was, not him being phenomenal.

I still think Alex is a 10-15 QB caliber QB.

10-15 meaning top 10-15 QB in the league??? Idk hombre...I disagree.

Destructodave
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Yea, because it wasn't poor special teams mistakes that kept him from going to the SB last year. You people act like Alex Smith threw the game away last year, when they had the lead and had very poor special team mistakes.

No one feels stupid; this team was in the same position last year and were winning with Smith this year. He's not as bad as people think he is. If anything, it shows you how good the TEAM is, not the QB.

Dave P
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
10-15 meaning top 10-15 QB in the league??? Idk hombre...I disagree.

Yea I feel comfortable putting Alex in the top 15.

The_Albatross
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Yea, because it wasn't poor special teams mistakes that kept him from going to the SB last year. You people act like Alex Smith threw the game away last year, when they had the lead and had very poor special team mistakes.

No one feels stupid; this team was in the same position last year and were winning with Smith this year. He's not as bad as people think he is. If anything, it shows you how good the TEAM is, not the QB.

Smith wouldn't have led this team back from a 17-0 deficit, so no.

Destructodave
01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Smith wouldn't have led this team back from a 17-0 deficit, so no.

Ok, because you know that how? Thats right; you dont. So yea, keep dreaming Smith is the worst QB ever, and Kaep is the best ever. All I know is, they were in the same game last year, winning with Smith. Special teams lost the game. They were winning with Smith this year. They winning with Kaep. They in the same game, winning with Kaep, no special team mistakes, therefore SB.

As I said, either Smith is a great QB and Kaep is a great QB, or the TEAM is the overriding factor of success. Which is it.

I just dont see why Smith is getting all the blame for them not being in the Superbowl last year. He doesnt fumble punt returns.

Nara62629
01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
I agree, i'm sure there are a lot of teams that would take his conservative play if it meant very few mistakes. You gotta also take into account how well AS knew that offense. He's audibled many times into great plays.

evansanity
01-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Brady
Peyton
Rogers
Brees
Stafford
Ryan
Manning
Kopernick
Luck
Wilson
Romo
Schuab
Flacco
Rivers
Newton
RG3
Dalton
Ftiz
Alex smith

Dave P
01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Would take Alex over Shaub, Rivers, Dalton, and Fitz....maybe even Cam

Only QB's that I would say are for sure better than Alex are Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Brees, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben, and Eli

IawI
01-20-2013, 04:45 PM
....maybe even Cam.

u wot m8?

Dave P
01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
u wot m8?

Cam has all the talent in the world but he just seems distracted/disinterested at times and needs to grow the phuck up.

Its not all about on-field stuff...off the field when he isn't winning he looks like a sulking little bitch.

The_Albatross
01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Ok, because you know that how? Thats right; you dont. So yea, keep dreaming Smith is the worst QB ever, and Kaep is the best ever. All I know is, they were in the same game last year, winning with Smith. Special teams lost the game. They were winning with Smith this year. They winning with Kaep. They in the same game, winning with Kaep, no special team mistakes, therefore SB.

As I said, either Smith is a great QB and Kaep is a great QB, or the TEAM is the overriding factor of success. Which is it.

I just dont see why Smith is getting all the blame for them not being in the Superbowl last year. He doesnt fumble punt returns.

Because I've seen nothing from him to indicate that he could bring his team back from 3 scores down in a must win game.

PhrygianLydian
01-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Is Smith your boyfriend or something? Relax

SB101010
01-20-2013, 04:58 PM

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320122025

Alex Smith, 12-26. Yeah, it was all cause of special teams we lost. 12-26 is a totally solid game.

ElMariachi
01-20-2013, 04:59 PM

:rolleyes:

He didn't convert a single third down last year. The special teams errors wouldn't have cost them if they could have put together some drives, their entire offense for that game was two passes to VD that he took to the house, otherwise, nothing. The offense didn't have nearly the same explosive potential as it does now. Kaepernick does more with the offensive players around him and represents a greater threat.

iamgenus
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Because some of us have watched every 49ers game with Alex Smith at QB and when the defense doesn't play well and he has to come back from large deficits the results were not very impressive.

Alex isn't a bad QB but there was a reason Harbaugh switched to Kaepernick and it's being displayed in the playoffs. The guy offers a lot just by threatening the run and he will make the tough throws. The one to Crabtree where he got the ball right in front of him where Crabs could snag it and keep running is never thrown by Alex. Track record speaks for itself.

The Kyle Williams fumbles last year are just an excuse. Alex and the offense had plenty of opportunities in that game to put the game away and didn't. Hell Kyle actually had a really good game outside of the two fumbles putting up good return yards and giving the 49ers good field position which led to some of their points.