PDA

View Full Version : Kobe system has never worked

GetBigyo
01-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Early 2000s Shaq and Kobe=Titles

2005-07 Lakers get bounced 1st round and then miss playoffs with just Kobe playing hero ball

2008-2010 Gasol and Kobe, team ball..2 titles

2012 Lakers 17-23 with arguably the best big man in the game, Gasol, and Nash...Kobe still shooting 30+ times

Conclusion: Kobe Bryant can not be the #1 option on a contending team

SB101010
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Exactly right. Kobe needs to realize this, but he never will. He is just too selfish.

GPx
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Kobe was the #1 option in 08-10 but yes there was way more ball movement.

This team is just dysfunctional and it's the defense, not the offense.

thefederalist
Kobe System is a method for becoming a box score hero

nvrstopworking
Phil was the only one who could control Kobe's ego. Without him they're fukked.

GPx
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Phil was the only one who could control Kobe's ego. Without him they're fukked.

I think this may be it. Phil wouldn't stand for this defense from him and the rest of the team.

sups31
01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
such is life with d'antoni.

i know this feel.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's so much #1 option as it his that his own EGO on thinking he's the #1 option. Gasol never rustled any feathers, just played consistent and balled out UNDER Kobe.

Dwight challenges kobes ego, which is now running rampant as jumpshots.

It's one thing when Pau and Dwight go like 1-7 and laker fans say "well they sucked", but when they go 10-15 for 25 pts and kobe still jacks 30+ shots you need to give it a rest.

FlabbyAndSick
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
He's not a good leader. Plain and simple.

"We're defecting from the script."
Nash

I love the subtle shots teammates take at kobe.

dankydank
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
STFU op you dont understand
kobe has no one on his team
they need kobe to launch 30 shots a game or they have no chance

this was another moral victory for the lakers
kobe didnt play well but they were still in it

nvrstopworking
01-20-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think it's so much #1 option as it his that his own EGO on thinking he's the #1 option. Gasol never rustled any feathers, just played consistent and balled out UNDER Kobe.

Dwight challenges kobes ego, which is now running rampant as jumpshots.

It's one thing when Pau and Dwight go like 1-7 and laker fans say "well they sucked", but when they go 10-15 for 25 pts and kobe still jacks 30+ shots you need to give it a rest.

Yep.

BOS & MIA have both done the "Big 3" thing before... but the difference is.... those guys were all smart enough to stow their egos and sacrifice their games. And all of those guys bought into the defensive end and had no problem moving the ball.

This isn't happening in L.A.

phaggotbrah
01-20-2013, 01:03 PM

This, it's hard for Lakers to win when it's 5 vs 8 out there (in b4 fine)

FryDude
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Limit Kobe to five offensive isos per game... he's ruined Nash's game.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Yep.

BOS & MIA have both done the "Big 3" thing before... but the difference is.... those guys were all smart enough to stow their egos and sacrifice their games. And all of those guys bought into the defensive end and had no problem moving the ball.

This isn't happening in L.A.

Boston removed ALL ego. Miami struggled at first with the whole "your turn, my turn" thing. Then they got the blueprint. Funny how both those teams play SMOTHERING defense and it seemed to help them gel.

Best case scenario, this season is just growing pains for Dwight + Kobe, and Kobe gets dwight more involved.

DasWunderBrah
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM

i honestly think if the lakers had paul pierce instead of kobe, they would have more wins.

*edit, when the laker team was/is at full power

GetBigyo
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Boston removed ALL ego. Miami struggled at first with the whole "your turn, my turn" thing.

Best case scenario, this season is just growing pains for Dwight + Kobe, and Kobe gets dwight more involved.
Dwight has never played with any player of the caliber of Kobe.

It's up to Kobe the "leader", to make it work and get him involved, which so far he's done a terrible job of doing so.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Dwight has never played with any player of the caliber of Kobe.

It's up to Kobe the "leader", to make it work and get him involved, which so far he's done a terrible job of doing so.

Yeah but what gave anyone the impression that Kobe Bryant was a leader of men? He beat the Magic when the defending champs went down with KGs knee, and beat Boston in game 7 without Perk.

Strong hypothetical, but what if none of those injuries happen and Boston wins 3 titles and Kobe gets none. What if Memphis turns down that rape trade?

HTownOlajuwon
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
He was the #1 option in the 2009 and 2010 title teams.

ImJJames
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Kobe System works when Kobe and team plays some defense.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
In 2009 Kobe had .238 Pau had .221 win shares per 48
In 2010 Kobe had .190 Pau had .224 win shares per 48

FlabbyAndSick
01-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Boston removed ALL ego. Miami struggled at first with the whole "your turn, my turn" thing. Then they got the blueprint. Funny how both those teams play SMOTHERING defense and it seemed to help them gel.

Agreed. Dwight came to LA and what's the first thing kobe says? "It's my team". Who the fukk says that? Miami and Boston are trying to win championships and players aren't fighting about who's the team is for. This dude is so defensive (except on the court) and insecure that instead of embracing the team concept, giving up some scoring and spreading the ball around, he rather go out and get his to prove that the team is still his, while providing sh!tty post game quotes after every loss as if he's going to change the next game.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Agreed. Dwight came to LA and what's the first thing kobe says? "It's my team". Who the fukk says that? Miami and Boston are trying to win championships and players aren't fighting about who's the team is for. This dude is so defensive (except on the court) and insecure that instead of embracing the team concept, giving up some scoring and spreading the ball around, he rather go out and get his to prove that the team is still his, while providing sh!tty post game quotes after every loss as if he's going to change the next game.

Yeah you wanna talk about some red flags for chemistry

DukeValentino
01-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah but what gave anyone the impression that Kobe Bryant was a leader of men? He beat the Magic when the defending champs went down with KGs knee, and beat Boston in game 7 without Perk.

Strong hypothetical, but what if none of those injuries happen and Boston wins 3 titles and Kobe gets none. What if Memphis turns down that rape trade?

What if Bynum and Ariza weren't injured in 2008 when the Celtics won the title?

What if the big 3 trade never happened?

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
What if Bynum and Ariza weren't injured in 2008 when the Celtics won the title?

What if the big 3 trade never happened?

Haha that's why I said strong hypothetical.

That 2008 Celtics team was one of the best teams of all time, and was the best defensive team of all time. Yeah bring out your undeveloped Bynum and poverty Ariza. See how that would've went vs the Celtics team that blew the lakers out by 50.

DukeValentino
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM

That 2008 Celtics team was one of the best teams of all time, and was the best defensive team of all time. Yeah bring out your undeveloped Bynum and poverty Ariza. See how that would've went vs the Celtics team that blew the lakers out by 50.

LOL wasn't that in game 6 fourth quarter when the team gave absolutely no focks since they were already losing?

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
LOL wasn't that in game 6 fourth quarter when the team gave absolutely no focks since they were already losing?

Already losing by 30 you mean? Kobe was on the floor the WHOLE TIME watching his team get destroyed.

44 minutes played. Kobe watched every motherfking SECOND of that 50 point loss. Just enough fuks given to STAY ON THE COURT when you're down 50 I guess.

D9B35rfOdn8

nvrstopworking
01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Already losing by 30 you mean? Kobe was on the floor the WHOLE TIME watching his team get destroyed.

44 minutes played. Kobe watched every motherfking SECOND of that 50 point loss. Just enough fuks given to STAY ON THE COURT when you're down 50 I guess.

Kind of a pattern isn't it?

Happened to him against the Suns (twice I think).

Happened to him against the Celtics.

Happened to him 2 years ago against the Mavs.

Happened to him last year against the Thunder.

Yet it's NEVER his fault lol... ALWAYS someone else's.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Kind of a pattern isn't it?

Happened to him against the Suns (twice I think).

Happened to him against the Celtics.

Happened to him 2 years ago against the Mavs.

Happened to him last year against the Thunder.

Yet it's NEVER his fault lol... ALWAYS someone else's.

Lol it's not like I expect any Laker fan on this board to admit it, but Kobe has to be like .... 99% of the reason for that sht. I mean god damn, the lakers won in 2010 IN SPITE of Kobe Bryant.

Metta World Peace won that game 7.

Kobe did everything in his "clutch offensive arsenal" to LOSE that game.

Shortstop36
01-20-2013, 01:32 PM

Gave no ****s they were losing? It was ****ing game six, and their season was about to end without a title. I can tell you've never played a sport. even in high school sports if we're losing late in a game it's balls to wall, and playing for pride and what not. straight retarded statement.

HTownOlajuwon
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
In 2009 Kobe had .238 Pau had .221 win shares per 48
In 2010 Kobe had .190 Pau had .224 win shares per 48
I guarantee you don't even know how that stat works or how unbelievable flawed that stat is.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:35 PM
I guarantee you don't even know how that stat works or how unbelievable flawed that stat is.

I guarantee you I know exactly how "flawed" the stat is bro lol

You must be new here. I'm sdballer, you are?

HTownOlajuwon
01-20-2013, 01:36 PM
I guarantee you I know exactly how "flawed" the stat is bro lol

You must be new here. I'm sdballer, you are?
Well, it's quite a stupid stat, and anyone who thinks Gasol was a better player than Kobe in 2009 and 2010 doesn't have much of a clue. Gasol was arguably better than Kobe in the 2010 Finals though, I'll give him that, but overall the best player was quite clearly Kobe.

DukeValentino
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Pisses me the fock off how kobe haters always point out how he underperforms in the finals to prove that he's terrible in the whole postseason. Did you guys even watch him in 2010 conference finals vs suns? 2009 vs Houston? 2008 vs Denver? He was putting better numbers than Jordan and the media was having an orgasm over him.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, it's quite a stupid stat, and anyone who thinks Gasol was a better player than Kobe in 2009 and 2010 doesn't have much of a clue. Gasol was arguably better than Kobe in the 2010 Finals though, I'll give him that, but overall the best player was quite clearly Kobe.

It's not a bad stat lol, it just doesn't tend to favor Kobe. Then again, what advanced stat favors kobe? Seems like every new advanced metric makes him look more and more retarded.

PER
WS48

Even his TS% isn't that good.

GPx
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Favorite team's game thread, no where to be found.
Kobe thread(s), all over it.

The obsession continues.

dankydank
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Gave no ****s they were losing? It was ****ing game six, and their season was about to end without a title. I can tell you've never played a sport. even in high school sports if we're losing late in a game it's balls to wall, and playing for pride and what not. straight retarded statement.

i gurantee youre retarded
video of kobe doing the exact opposite
Ck9nyiwaTIg

crying like a bish from the bench while he gets blown out and his 4peat hopes die

HTownOlajuwon
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
It's not a bad stat lol, it just doesn't tend to favor Kobe. Then again, what advanced stat favors kobe? Seems like every new advanced metric makes him look more and more retarded.

PER
WS48

Even his TS% isn't that good.

Actually, win shares is quite retarded.

copy and pasta from someone that outlined the stupidity of win shares.

-Detlef Schrempf, Dana Barros, Reggie Miller, and Stockton were all ahead of Hakeem in win shares in 1995. The year he won his second ring and was at worst...the second best player in the NBA(in reality...the best). Hakeem wasnt even top 10. Not sure how far he fell but it amuses me to know numbers can be bent that far.

-In 1990 Hakeem put up 24/14/5 blocks 2 steals and 3 assists a game. But his teams record was bad(well...average) so he was behind Terry Porter, Reggie, and so on. And odd thing is Reggies team had almost the exact same record as Hakeems.

-Brent Barry ended up having more win shares than Kidd in 2002. And that was in 02 when midseason Kidd likely would have been voted MVP.

-Oh and also that year in 2002...Elton Brand over Dirk, Shaq(3rd ring year) and KG somehow.

PER and TS% is legit though.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Pisses me the fock off how kobe haters always point out how he underperforms in the finals to prove that he's terrible in the whole postseason. Did you guys even watch him in 2010 conference finals vs suns? 2009 vs Houston? 2008 vs Denver? He was putting better numbers than Jordan and the media was having an orgasm over him.

You don't know much about Michael Jordan do you phaggot. Kobe can't even TOUCH MJ's postseason numbers. It's not close.

Kobe in 08 09 10 as follows

30.1 5.7 5.6 48%
30.2 5.3 5.5 46%
29.2 6 5.5 46%

Those would hardly pass for Jordans WORST years. Jordan has NEVER averaged below 30.7 points in the playoffs since his ROOKIE YEAR when he averaged over 29.

GPx
01-20-2013, 01:47 PM

-Detlef Schrempf, Dana Barros, Reggie Miller, and Stockton were all ahead of Hakeem in win shares in 1995. The year he won his second ring and was at worst...the second best player in the NBA(in reality...the best). Hakeem wasnt even top 10. Not sure how far he fell but it amuses me to know numbers can be bent that far.

-In 1990 Hakeem put up 24/14/5 blocks 2 steals and 3 assists a game. But his teams record was bad(well...average) so he was behind Terry Porter, Reggie, and so on. And odd thing is Reggies team had almost the exact same record as Hakeems.

-Brent Barry ended up having more win shares than Kidd in 2002. And that was in 02 when midseason Kidd likely would have been voted MVP.

-Oh and also that year in 2002...Elton Brand over Dirk, Shaq(3rd ring year) and KG somehow.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Glossing over everything but that Brent Barry Jason Kidd comment.

PER, Brent Barrys was higher. So uh, yeah PER says Barry was slightly better and win shares agreed with it.

Where's the problem bro.

You're also quoting stats from an era you didn't even see as if it was so egregious because you saw it. lol

FlabbyAndSick
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM

This doesn't even make sense. You do know jordan averaged 33.4 ppg in the playoffs for his entire career right? Not a series here, a series there. For his entire career.

What series did kobe put up better numbers than jordan's series against the celtics in 86 of 43.7ppg, 6.3 rpg, 5.7 apg, 2.3 spg, and 1.3 bpg?

What series did kobe put up better numbers than jordan's series against the suns in 93 of 41ppg, 8.5rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg, and 0.7 bpg?

What series did kobe put up better numbers than jordan's series agains the lakers in 91 of 31.2ppg, 6.6rpg, 11.4apg, 2.8 spg, and 1.4bpg?

I could go on.

deltbrah
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM

he copy and pasted it from somewhere else.

sups31
01-20-2013, 02:03 PM

lol'd hard. strong homer gonna homer

Daewoo_Lanos
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Early 2000s Shaq and Kobe=Titles

2005-07 Lakers get bounced 1st round and then miss playoffs with just Kobe playing hero ball

2008-2010 Gasol and Kobe, team ball..2 titles

2012 Lakers 17-23 with arguably the best big man in the game, Gasol, and Nash...Kobe still shooting 30+ times

accurate assessment, OP.

HTownOlajuwon
01-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Glossing over everything but that Brent Barry Jason Kidd comment.

PER, Brent Barrys was higher. So uh, yeah PER says Barry was slightly better and win shares agreed with it.

Where's the problem bro.

You're also quoting stats from an era you didn't even see as if it was so egregious because you saw it. lol
So you actually think those guys were better because they had a better win shares? lmao.

This is just stupid. I'm not even that big of a fan of Kobe because his fans are stupid, but his haters are just as bad.

Amaso
01-20-2013, 03:09 PM

http://winningandmisery.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

They said Kobe was going to be the Finals MVP even if the Lakers lost that series. He played unbelievable, just had a bad shooting game 7.... but so did everybody on both teams.

TaeBoNinja
01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Lakers will still win the 2013 title.

DukeValentino
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Lakers will still win the 2013 title.

By automatically making the playoffs since Stern will make the top 10 teams of each conference to make the playoffs instead of 8.

What if they finish 11th?

ImJJames
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Playoff numbers (Shaq, Kobe, + next best Laker) 2001 Championship

Shaq 30.4 ppg 15.4 reb 3.2 ast

Kobe 29.4 ppg 7.3 reb 6.1 ast

Fisher 13.4 ppg 3.0 ast

Playoff numbers (Shaq, Kobe, + next best Laker) 2002 Championship

Shaq 28.5 ppg 12.6 reb 2.8 ast

Kobe 26.6 ppg 5.8 reb 4.6 as

Fisher 10.2 ppg 2.7 ast

Playoff numbers (Kobe, Gasol, + next best Laker) 2009 Championship

Kobe 30.2 ppg 5.5 ast

Pau 18.3 ppg 2.5 ast*

Bynum 6.3 ppg 3.7 reb

Playoff numbers (Kobe, Gasol, + next best Laker) 2010 Championship

Kobe 29.2 ppg 5.5 ast

Pau 19.6 ppg 3.5 ast

Bynum 8.6 ppg 6.9 reb

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

BullStampede
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM

wow. MUST. FIGHT. THE URGE.

nvrstopworking
01-20-2013, 05:01 PM

The media ALWAYS has an orgasm over whoever scores the most points and puts up the prettiest highlights.

This why Wade, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook and Melo have been been the darlings of the league for the last 7-8 years and can do no wrong.

You're absolutely high though if you think that Pau Gasol didn't have as much to do with the Lakers winning 2 more titles as Kobe did.

I'm seriously amazed that Kobe fanatics can still argue after watching today's game.

ImJJames
01-20-2013, 05:08 PM
The media ALWAYS has an orgasm over whoever scores the most points and puts up the prettiest highlights.

This why Wade, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook and Melo have been been the darlings of the league for the last 7-8 years and can do no wrong.

You're absolutely high though if you think that Pau Gasol didn't have as much to do with the Lakers winning 2 more titles as Kobe did.

I'm seriously amazed that Kobe fanatics can still argue after watching today's game.

You're absolutely high though if you think that Scottie Pippen didn't have as much to do with Bulls winning 6 rings titles as Jordan did.

brb Scottie playoff averages during title runs 20+ PPG, 8 REB, 6 AST.

You're absolutely high though if you think that Dwyane Wade didnt have as much to do with Miami winning 1 ring title as Lebron did.

brb Wade playoff averages during 2012 title run 22+ PPG, 5 REB, 4 AST.

I can go on and on with any team that has won a NBA championship. Its a team game, no one has won by themselves.

Funny how you and every other Laker/Kobe hater clearly devalue Kobe's rings though but turn your head on others :)

ChrisPaulfor40
01-20-2013, 05:26 PM
08 celtics best defensive team all time?

I got my money on the 04 Pistons brah.
Sorry.

FlabbyAndSick
01-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Last 10 games:

Lakers 2-8
Bobcats 3-7

Kobe System

deltbrah
01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
You're absolutely high though if you think that Scottie Pippen didn't have as much to do with Bulls winning 6 rings titles as Jordan did.

You're absolutely high though if you think that Dwyane Wade didnt have as much to do with Miami winning 1 ring title as Lebron did.

I can go on and on with any team that has won a NBA championship. Its a team game, no one has won by themselves.

Funny how you and every other Laker/Kobe hater clearly devalue Kobe's rings though but turn your head on others :)

I think he is referring to pau being the finals MVP over Kobe I'm 2010

dudebruh
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM
GOAT shot selector.

broboma2012
01-20-2013, 06:21 PM

scottie did not have an equal share in contributing to the bulls ships. neither did wade last year. no stat or eye test if you want to go there, will support this. it's easy to devalue his rings because he was the second banana for a majority of them.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 07:01 PM
My favorite part was listing Gasols points and assists. Cuz those are clearly his 2 best areas.

Hahahah what?!

Daewoo_Lanos
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM
My favorite part was listing Gasols points and assists. Cuz those are clearly his 2 best areas.

Hahahah what?!

more stats proving kobe carried shaq during the 3peat:

2000 Playoffs:

Kobe: 4.4 asts, 75.4% ft, 34.4% 3pt
Shaq: 3.1 asts, 45.6% ft, 0.0% 3pt

2001 Playoffs:

Kobe: 6.1 asts, 82.1% ft, 32.4% 3pt
Shaq: 3.2 asts, 52.5% ft, 0.0% 3pt

2002 Playoffs:

Kobe: 4.6 asts, 75.9% ft, 37.9% 3pt
Shaq: 2.8 asts, 64.9% ft, 0.0% 3pt