PDA

View Full Version : UCLA Kyle Anderson

1harud1
01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Even as a L.A native I haven't been watching UCLA games, but statistically the guy is shiat. Can someone explain how this happens and why he isn't playing so well?

I was watching some highlights and the first thing that occurred in my head is the guy is slow, not all that athletic and just moves lethargically.

No hate just wondering

And how good are shabazz and ben mcelomore?

B0B4Life
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Shabazz is legit, top 3 pick. I am not as high on McLemore he's good but I don't know if he's a star.

Masstastic
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Even as a L.A native I haven't been watching UCLA games, but statistically the guy is shiat. Can someone explain how this happens and why he isn't playing so well?

I was watching some highlights and the first thing that occurred in my head is the guy is slow, not all that athletic and just moves lethargically.

No hate just wondering

And how good are shabazz and ben mcelomore?

That isn't hate. Thats been the description of him as a player from the beginning, its why they call him "Slow Mo".

But his numbers this season aren't nearly that bad considering he isn't and has never been a "scorer" instead hes been a quasi-PG, so for him to put up 9 PPG 9 RPG 4 APG with very good defense makes him one of the better freshmen in the country. He's very effective but unspectacular if you are used to watching athletic 6'9 Forwards put on a show from college and into the NBA. I can understand watching him and coming away unimpressed if you're just tuning in to watch him play for the first time.

- Bazz is very good overall. The most "safe" pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to have a productive career. Only issue with him is he needs to improve is his ballhandling and show some sort of command of the team. Not sure whether he's uncomfortable in trying to take over a game when UCLA is playing it close or down or if Ben Howland just simply doesn't want anyone to play "hero ball".

- McLemore is good also. Another 1 & Done. Freak athlete, Good shooter, and his defense is solid. Top 10 pick. Reminds me of Terrence Ross(#8 pick to Toronto) but from the FEW(5) games I've seen he is much better coming off of screens to hit jumpers than Ross was.

grizz101
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
he's a 6'9 PG that can dribble and make plays and played for one of the top high school teams in the country. He hasn't shown anything that will get him over the hump but he has time

1harud1
01-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Good responses. So pretty much Anderson may not translate to the nba level?

I heard that shabazz can maybe be as good as joe Johnson on nba level??

Can mclemore create own shot?