PDA

View Full Version : Lol at the discussion of Flacco on ESPN

Love Pirate
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Quoting Rich Eisen

If his 7th playoff victory in just his 5th year isn't enough to convince people Flacco is elite, perhaps this will. If Flacco wins today he will accomplish something only one other QB has ever done - beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back games in a single post season. The only other QB to pull off that feat is....

*looks at notes*

Mark Sanchez.... Ok so perhaps to convince people he's elite, Joe Flacco has got to become the first Baltimore QB to win the superbowl since....

*looks at notes*

Trent Dilfer. Alright maybes there's nothing Flacco can do

B0B4Life
01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
When Flacco puts up elite stats people will call him elite. As of now he's just a guy with a career 86 QB rating who has never scored more than 26 tds in a season

JBhaverhill
01-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Flacco is Eli Manning without the SB's

Average QB, carried by defense and running back. Then has some decent playoff performances and everyone loses their jammies.

Love Pirate
01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I just thought it was funny. You guys get the joke?

Future24
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I just thought it was funny. You guys get the joke?Is the joke that Eisen doesn't work for ESPN so entire thread is invalid?

HollywoodBody
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Flacco isn't even close to elite. Ray rice is the staple of their offense.

Flacco is like Matt Schaub. good, but not even close to elite and not ready to win a superbowl

CaliiforniaLove
01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Is the joke that Eisen doesn't work for ESPN so entire thread is invalid?

This. I didn't get the joke and am in fact quite confused.

I do know one thing though, Flacco isn't elite lol.

Love Pirate
01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Is the joke that Eisen doesn't work for ESPN so entire thread is invalid?

Nfl network fuuu my bad

The joke is Sanchez and Dilfer accomplished those things but clearly aren't elite.. Maybe you had to see it

FeFocus
01-20-2013, 10:56 AM
OP, you make it sound intentional. It would be funny if we saw it in the moment and it was obvious it was unintentional.

slippa
01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
OP, you make it sound intentional. It would be funny if we saw it in the moment and it was obvious it was unintentional.

I think it was intentional. I think that was the joke...

AndrettiFamily
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
@ Rich Eisen
http://i50.tinypic.com/2irrogg.jpg

Love Pirate
01-20-2013, 11:39 AM

It was intentional. It's like he was building it up to name a great QB but ten names those guys

EaglesBrah10
01-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Flacco isn't elite, because Matt Ryan is better? srs. Matt Ryan is next, unless Flacco starts carrying his team.

YWOC
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
I really don't think ESPN (or people in general) understand what elite means

There's 32 starting QB's in the NFL. At most, I'd say only 3-4 could be considered "elite" (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees). Yet ESPN insists that there are so many elite QBs in the NFL (Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben, Flacco, Ryan, etc). How the **** can you consider 1/3 of the starting QBs as elite?

I mean, look at this joke of an article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview11/story/_/id/6898795/from-tom-brady-andy-dalton-espn-john-clayton-ranks-nfl-starting-qbs

He lists 13 of 32 QBs to be elite. Someone please teach these experts and analysts what the definition of elite means

Nocks
01-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I really don't think ESPN (or people in general) understand what elite means

There's 32 starting QB's in the NFL. At most, I'd say only 3-4 could be considered "elite" (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees). Yet ESPN insists that there are so many elite QBs in the NFL (Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben, Flacco, Ryan, etc). How the **** can you consider 1/3 of the starting QBs as elite?

I mean, look at this joke of an article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview11/story/_/id/6898795/from-tom-brady-andy-dalton-espn-john-clayton-ranks-nfl-starting-qbs

He lists 13 of 32 QBs to be elite. Someone please teach these experts and analysts what the definition of elite means

I think I just threw up... Did he really just put Josh Freeman, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, And Mike Vick in the same category as Peyton and Brady?

http://replygif.net/i/648