PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph to Houston rumor

skizz
01-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Alex Kennedy ********@AlexKennedyNBA

Source says that the Memphis Grizzlies may keep Rudy Gay, and instead trade Zach Randolph to the Houston Rockets. Houston loves Randolph.

Bunch of rumors popping up about Memphis dealing Zbo for tax relief.

Lin/Harden/Parsons/Zbo/Asik

How much better do you guys think this team will be provided that Houston dont give up their core for him?

thefederalist
01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Zbo and Asik

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://tgfb.net/com/src/131310028353.jpg&sa=X&ei=CSn8UMbgMpP08AS9-oC4CQ&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGAoTaOhsgT-ggUyiF16NoS2p8wMQ

Bulkytheboot
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
that would be a pretty fcking solid starting 5

BullBoy8
01-20-2013, 09:29 AM
I saw that too. Wouldnt be contenders this year. Lin and Harden still need to figure out how to play with each other. Similar to Wade and Lebron (obviously not as good a pair though). But with more time for chemistry, they might be contenders next year with that lineup. Who they gonna give up though? Morris, Patterson, others? Plus picks of course.

skizz
01-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I saw that too. Wouldnt be contenders this year. Lin and Harden still need to figure out how to play with each other. Similar to Wade and Lebron (obviously not as good a pair though). But with more time for chemistry, they might be contenders next year with that lineup. Who they gonna give up though? Morris, Patterson, others? Plus picks of course.

Lin & Harden have been gelling more lately compared to the beginning of the season because McHale has tweaked the rotation. Yea, they've got their picks, Morris/Patterson/Delfino/Douglas who are definitely solid rotation players and young prospects in Jones/Smith. They could also deal Royce White if their willing to deal with that train wreck. Could be a high risk high reward play.

Only thing I can't see is how the salaries would match up and might need a 3rd team, but Houston still has a billion power forwards and expendable players so it could possibly work out.

But god, watching Zbo/Asik snatching every rebound and playing in the post would be insane.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Not a chance in hell Z-Bo goes. Z-Bo is Memphis personified.

VDubb
01-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Watched the Memphis/Bulls game last night. Damn, if ZBo was in better shape....he'd be a beast. Impressed by his grind under the hoop. I've gained some respect for him this year (he's on my fantasy squad) and think he'd do well in Houston.

BostonRockets
01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
o lawd Boston Rockets bake for sure

svtballa
01-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Why would Memphis do this? They have a shot or somewhat of a shot at competing for a title this year

Gorilla99
01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Please make it happen

Ivan7x
01-20-2013, 10:45 AM
plz be real

dont play with my emotionz

PerfectFormForever
01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibjnYqQYW5IqFm.gif

roko79
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
i like what memphis is doing, I hope he stays

skizz
01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Why would Memphis do this? They have a shot or somewhat of a shot at competing for a title this year

To avoid paying the luxury tax.

Salary cap is $58 mill and they're over the cap this year by $16 mill owing $74,127,785(12'-13') to the players and next year $72,481,656 (13'-14') depending on all players exercising team option and Grizzlies extend a qualifying offer to Ellington. Since they're going to be repeat offenders for being over the cap by $14 mill they will get taxed $3.50 for every $1 they are over.

So Grizzlies gotta pay about $50 mill in taxes to keep this team next year on top of the taxes for this year. Which is a ton for a small market team.

heybigboy5
01-20-2013, 10:58 AM
houston would be so hnnnnnnnngg

grizz101
01-20-2013, 01:13 PM
I can say with 100 percent certainty that many fans will stop attending games if Randolph is traded. People forget he pretty much single handedly brought the Grizz to prominence in the 2011 playoffs. And as Nos said, he pretty much represents the city of Memphis personality wise.

That being said Houston has a lot of pieces, Randolph is 31, and the new people in charge seem a bit...out of touch with reality and I'm scared they could blow up the team to the point where they wouldn't be able to get back where they are now

Also, I don't mind trading Rudy Gay if the trade is good but IMO trading Randolph is a mistake

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
I can say with 100 percent certainty that many fans will stop attending games if Randolph is traded. People forget he pretty much single handedly brought the Grizz to prominence in the 2011 playoffs. And as Nos said, he pretty much represents the city of Memphis personality wise.

That being said Houston has a lot of pieces, Randolph is 31, and the new people in charge seem a bit...out of touch with reality and I'm scared they could blow up the team to the point where they wouldn't be able to get back where they are now

Also, I don't mind trading Rudy Gay if the trade is good but IMO trading Randolph is a mistake

19 year old memphis fan says he knows for a fact fans will stop attending.

Shut up lol

dankydank
01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
randolph hasnt been good this season, living of reputation
not really dominant in the post and takes away shots from marc gasol who needs to be more aggressive
also still a terrible defender
i actually think darrel arthur is a better player for memphis
not as good rebounding but his pick and roll D is near elite for a bigman (memphis weakness) and his midrange is automatic

randolph is still better then rudy gay though
and lol at fans stop attending games
they already dont attend games
one of the worst attendence records in the league for the past few years including this year

thefederalist
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
randolph hasnt been good this season, living of reputation
not really dominant in the post and takes away shots from marc gasol who needs to be more aggressive
also still a terrible defender
i actually think darrel arthur is a better player for memphis
not as good rebounding but his pick and roll D is near elite for a bigman (memphis weakness) and his midrange is automatic

randolph is still better then rudy gay though
and lol at fans stop attending games
they already dont attend games
one of the worst attendence records in the league for the past few years including this year

none of your criticism zbo would matter next to Asik

dankydank
01-20-2013, 01:31 PM
none of your criticism zbo would matter next to Asik

thats why its a good trade for houston and memphis
but memphis wants him for his "magical" playoff run

randolph has been declining

month of janurary
14 pts/9.4 rebounds on 46%/66% from the line

past 5 games
11 pts/10 rebounds on 33% from the field (13.5 shots to get 11 pts)/56% from the line

and randolphs personality matches better with houston then memphis tbh
houston economy built off strip clubs and gangbanging

IsLifeRealLife
01-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Shut up lol

lol yea let's listen to u instead of the memphis fan, phaggot.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
lol yea let's listen to u instead of the memphis fan, phaggot.

Yeah, I don't have much of a case. I mean look at all those franchises that had their fanbases completely collapse after a mid level all star left!

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Shut up lol

Spend 1 hour in downtown Memphis srs. This city is Z-Bo. Only player even close to his popularity is Tony Allen

IsLifeRealLife
01-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I don't have much of a case. I mean look at all those franchises that had their fanbases completely collapse after a mid level all star left!

strong hyperbole. he never said that the fanbase would "completely collapse" just that a lot of fans will be unhappy and not renew their tickets

Jedi34
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM

This. Z Bo is the star of the franchise. Trading him wouldn't make sense.

AirCanada
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
strong hyperbole. he never said that the fanbase would "completely collapse" just that a lot of fans will be unhappy and not renew their tickets

Shh shh, don't argue with boxscore. He just doesn't like Z-Bo because Z-Bo isn't an overrated flopper like the rest of the guys whose dicks he sucks.

sdballer5588
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Spend 1 hour in downtown Memphis srs. This city is Z-Bo. Only player even close to his popularity is Tony Allen

Blown away that Tony Allen compares to Z Bo in terms of popularity.

No city anywhere would lose it's fanbase off trading a mid level all star. Don't start this bullsht.

grizz101
01-21-2013, 07:43 AM
my sources include the official Grizzlies blog and other Memphis fans. I understand where your coming from thinking that trading a 31 year old PF would lose a good portion of the fanbase, but its not really even about his talent level, its his work ethic and attitude, and without him Memphis would NOT be where they are at right now. No way.

and Memphis as a city is different than most NBA franchises. Just to put it lightly, its a ****hole. I haven't been there since 2008 and the only reason I would go back is to attend a Grizzlies/Tigers game. It's really hard to explain why Randolph is so loved by the fanbase if you've never been to Memphis.

tdnick
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Seriously doubt we get rid of ZBO

PINGi20
01-21-2013, 09:09 AM
i know a team that could use zach randolph

http://i.imgur.com/HWIBlks.png

knicksrbake
01-21-2013, 09:29 AM
holy **** that sdballer wigger is annoying. he tries to start a fight with EVERYONE. whats a matter not enough attention at home? welcome to my ignore list

yourname2221
01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
thats why its a good trade for houston and memphis
but memphis wants him for his "magical" playoff run

randolph has been declining

month of janurary
14 pts/9.4 rebounds on 46%/66% from the line

past 5 games
11 pts/10 rebounds on 33% from the field (13.5 shots to get 11 pts)/56% from the line

and randolphs personality matches better with houston then memphis tbh
houston economy built off strip clubs and gangbanging

Zach has def changed since his portland days. The tech's arent flying like they used to albeit the little scuffle with Perk, but perk is a bum.

Look who they have played the past 7 games and you can see why his numbers are lacking lately.
GSW, SA, Dal, LAC, SA, Sac, Chi. Those are all tough games in the paint