PDA

View Full Version : Pat Shurmer New Eagles OC....LMAO

Doober4
01-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Have fun with that Eagles fans, wtf are they thinking.

Per Adam Shefter on Twitter.

charity4thepoor
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
does it even matter who the OC is?

Ralph Wiggum
01-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Head Coach: Chip Kelly

Impurityz
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
More of a consultant then anything I guess.

nastynate87
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
He did well as OC for the Rams a few years ago, plus Kelly wanted a guy with NFL experience on his staff.

Doober4
01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I guess they need a fall guy when Kelly flops.

Ralph Wiggum
01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I forgot to mention.

He may have been a terrible head coach, but he was a pretty good positional coach/offensive coordinator. He was great with Mcnabb. I don't mind this hire.

bn7
01-20-2013, 08:59 AM
I guess they need a fall guy when Kelly flops.Browns - Indians - Cavs

I guess you would be an expert on losing.

PervedOut
01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Browns - Indians - Cavs

I guess you would be an expert on losing.
Conveniently left out Buckeyes

Doober4
01-20-2013, 09:01 AM
I forgot to mention.

He may have been a terrible head coach, but he was a pretty good positional coach/offensive coordinator. He was great with Mcnabb. I don't mind this hire.

29th ranked offense in 09 and 26th in 10, really lit it up.

Bn7, what was the Eagles record last year?

bn7
01-20-2013, 09:12 AM
29th ranked offense in 09 and 26th in 10, really lit it up.

Bn7, what was the Eagles record last year?Last time the Browns won a playoff game? You're 5-11 team lost to that horrible Eagles team this year iirc.

MCrow
01-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Eagles are phucking doomed.....Kelly+Shurmur....lol.

evilsteve02
01-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Have fun with that Eagles fans, wtf are they thinking.

Per Adam Shefter on Twitter.

yikes..... well sucks to be an Eagles fan....

TranceOfPeace
01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I lol at clueless phaggots that think bad head coach = bad coordinator

Doober4
01-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Its not that he's a bad coordinator it's just he runs an archaic form of the west coast offense. Their styles are literally nothing alike.

evilsteve02
01-20-2013, 09:51 AM

I don't think anyone is comparing that, but when was Shurmer ever a good coordinator? Never.

MCrow
01-20-2013, 09:54 AM

Well, the guy had two seasons as OC with the Rams and his offenses raned 29th and 26th in those years, so not a ton of evidence saying he will be any good.

TranceOfPeace
01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, the guy had two seasons as OC with the Rams and his offenses raned 29th and 26th in those years, so not a ton of evidence saying he will be any good.

Go look at the Rams quarterbacks in 2009 if you want to lol. Disregard that year.

In 2010 he had a rookie in Bradford and if you remember people thought Bradford was the next stud quarterback in the league after that year. I don't know about the numbers but I'm a fan of a team in that division and to me he looked better his rookie year than he has ever since.

nastynate87
01-20-2013, 10:04 AM
He worked really well with McNabb when he was in Philly, hopefully he can maximize Foles' abilities.

LikeAMachine
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
He did well as OC for the Rams a few years ago, plus Kelly wanted a guy with NFL experience on his staff.

LOL, better check your facts on that.

TranceOfPeace
01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
LOL, better check your facts on that.

It was a rookie quarterback who looks bad right now. It was a terrible offensive line, a terrible receiving corps, terrible tight ends.

The only decent thing was at running back, who was good. Yet Shurmur made Bradford look pretty good at times that year.

LikeAMachine
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
It was a rookie quarterback who looks bad right now. It was a terrible offensive line, a terrible receiving corps, terrible tight ends.

The only decent thing was at running back, who was good. Yet Shurmur made Bradford look pretty good at times that year.

I justified it the same was, lol.

Be prepared for this.

3rd and 1. Empty backfield, shotgun pass.

MCrow
01-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Go look at the Rams quarterbacks in 2009 if you want to lol. Disregard that year.

In 2010 he had a rookie in Bradford and if you remember people thought Bradford was the next stud quarterback in the league after that year. I don't know about the numbers but I'm a fan of a team in that division and to me he looked better his rookie year than he has ever since.

I'm only saying that there's not really anything saying he will be a good OC. You can make all the excuses you want but I didn't see anything in his time in St. Louis to indicate he was a good OC.

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 11:33 AM
We are running Chip's offense, not Pat's, so I don't give a F.

Shumur was here for a long time in Philly and he has head coaching experience. I'm fine with the hire.

The real question is who is going to be the defensive coordinator.

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I justified it the same was, lol.

Be prepared for this.

3rd and 1. Empty backfield, shotgun pass.

Don't think you Browns' fans realize that.

Impurityz
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM

Don't think you Browns' fans realize that.

3rd and inches

chuck it deep

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 11:40 AM
3rd and inches

chuck it deep

This isn't the Andy Reid/Marty show any longer. McCoy and Brown could combine for 2000 yards rushing this season.

Impurityz
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
This isn't the Andy Reid/Marty show any longer. McCoy and Brown could combine for 2000 yards rushing this season.

inb4 McCoy breaks Darren Sproles NFL record.

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
inb4 McCoy breaks Darren Sproles NFL record.

If he wants to do that, he would need to be huge on kick and punt returns. That's how Sproles broke the total yardage record.

I'm very interested in seeing what we do with DeSean. I think he has been grossly under utilized the last two seasons. I think Chip will use him a lot, and he will actually return punts again. At least that's what I hope.

melanimal_old
01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Whats happened to Sam Bradford since Shurmer left?

dcabral80
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
We are running Chip's offense, not Pat's, so I don't give a F.

Shumur was here for a long time in Philly and he has head coaching experience. I'm fine with the hire.

The real question is who is going to be the defensive coordinator.
This. They're not bringing him in to run the WCO.

Clearly Kelly met with the guy and thought Shurmur was a great candidate to help take the offense in the direction he wants. It's not like they just pulled his name out of a hat. At this point, I trust Kelly more than Browns fans.

melanimal_old
01-20-2013, 11:56 AM
This. They're not bringing him in to run the WCO.

Clearly Kelly met with the guy and thought Shurmur was a great candidate to help take the offense in the direction he wants. It's not like they just pulled his name out of a hat. At this point, I trust Kelly more than Browns fans.

theyre just butt hurt Chip spurned them

roko79
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
doesnt matter who the OC is when eagles average 60 ppg next year....

Goby
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Browns will have a better record than the Eagles.

Guaranteed.

Heaney
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
doesnt matter who the OC is when eagles average 60 ppg next year....

But give up 65

phillyfreak7
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Good post from another forum on Shurmur's actual role:

Some of you who think this says anything in particular about what Chip's Philly offense will look like are misunderstanding what being Chip Kelly's offensive coordinator is. At Oregon he brought in Mark Helfrich (our new head coach), who had a completely pro-style/spread passing background, but he was a guy Chip believed was very sharp, who could contribute to the offense in three ways:

1. Improving the route combinations and passing game in general, but only within the confines of Kelly's scheme.

2. Being an idea guy when game-planning during the week and be reliable eyes in the press box during games. The press box role is vital for Kelly to be effectively calling a game on the field when he needs to call a play within 5 seconds after the previous one ends to run the pace he wants to run when they really get it going. This is where the OC will impact the team most on game day.

3. Being great in the film room with QB's.

If Chip has indeed hired Shurmur, he believes he can fulfill these roles effectively and is someone who will support and share Chip's vision of what his team will be. I don't actually know much about Shurmur, but there are obviously people in the league who see him as a good football mind who maybe doesn't have the skills to be the ultimate decision maker. With Chip, he won't be.

evilsteve02
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Good post from another forum on Shurmur's actual role:

Some of you who think this says anything in particular about what Chip's Philly offense will look like are misunderstanding what being Chip Kelly's offensive coordinator is. At Oregon he brought in Mark Helfrich (our new head coach), who had a completely pro-style/spread passing background, but he was a guy Chip believed was very sharp, who could contribute to the offense in three ways:

1. Improving the route combinations and passing game in general, but only within the confines of Kelly's scheme.

2. Being an idea guy when game-planning during the week and be reliable eyes in the press box during games. The press box role is vital for Kelly to be effectively calling a game on the field when he needs to call a play within 5 seconds after the previous one ends to run the pace he wants to run when they really get it going. This is where the OC will impact the team most on game day.

3. Being great in the film room with QB's.

If Chip has indeed hired Shurmur, he believes he can fulfill these roles effectively and is someone who will support and share Chip's vision of what his team will be. I don't actually know much about Shurmur, but there are obviously people in the league who see him as a good football mind who maybe doesn't have the skills to be the ultimate decision maker. With Chip, he won't be.

um...pat shurmer sucks at all of that stuff....not to mention in pat shurmer's mind, he is always right and everyone else is wrong. That should be some fun meetings when Pat tells Kelly that Pat is right because he is Pat Shurmer.

I get the idea of hiring him, but this is an example of a guy becoming a head coach who has very few ties to others in the NFL currently. Your coordinators are typically guys you worked with previously or have some sort of relationship through friends, or it is a guy who really wants to work with that coach. There are a lot better choices out there than Pat Shurmer to be and O.C. if anything this could really hurt a guy like Kelly because, i am sorry, a coach is only as good as his assistants.

tdff09_954
01-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Whats happened to Sam Bradford since Shurmer left?

nothing lol sam had his best year this year, last year he had j.mcdaniels as his coordinator and was injured half the season. and about pat shurmur LOL at his dink and dunk offense, the call it the "shurmur murmur" offense for a reason.