PDA

View Full Version : This Te'o story just shows how stupid most people are

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
brb jumping to conclusions based on limited information. the amount of speculation is just retarded and nobody can seem to get their facts straight.

whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Ishkandir
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
brb jumping to conclusions based on limited information. the amount of speculation is just retarded and nobody can seem to get their facts straight.

Because that's not news-worthy.

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 02:20 PM
he already said he found out on december 6th. So even if you believe his story that he thought this stranger on the internet who he never met was the love of his life for 3 years, he's still admitting that he continued to lie about it for a month after he knew the truth. ****, just two days later on december 8th he gave an interview and went on and one about the love of his life dying of leukemia.

Proven. Guilty.

gottk2x
01-19-2013, 02:24 PM
100% sure he's already guilty. now the bull**** being spewed is just making it even funnier

cman1787
he already said he found out on december 6th. So even if you believe his story that he thought this stranger on the internet who he never met was the love of his life for 3 years, he's still admitting that he continued to lie about it for a month after he knew the truth. ****, just two days later on december 8th he gave an interview and went on and one about the love of his life dying of leukemia.

Proven. Guilty.

he said he got a phone call on december 6th from the same number of lennay, not that he knew it was hoax on december 6th. he never said she was the love of his life for three years

you are proving my point, never go full retard

PatrickBateman1
If you believe he was duped by some imaginary e-girlfriend then you're a complete fool. So you're just going to believe everything he says?

There are countless holes in the story and he's taken like 4 days to come up with some excuses to patch them up.

Seriously... an e-girlfriend? What is he 12? He's anything but shy and I guarantee every girl at ND wanted him... but he's meeting girls on facebook? Someone talked to him for hours every night just for a joke?

If he was a victim of anything it was a TINY amount and he embellished it 10 fold.

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
100% sure he's already guilty. now the bull**** being spewed is just making it even funnier

This. You have to be an ignorant dumbass to believe all the bullshiit coming out of his mouth. Took him like 4 days in hiding to come up with that crap too.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:29 PM
If you believe he was duped by some imaginary e-girlfriend then you're a complete fool. So you're just going to believe everything he says?

There are countless holes in the story and he's taken like 4 days to come up with some excuses to patch them up.

Seriously... an e-girlfriend? What is he 12? He's anything but shy and I guarantee every girl at ND wanted him... but he's meeting girls on facebook? Someone talked to him for hours every night just for a joke?

If he was a victim of anything it was a TINY amount and he embellished it 10 fold.

lol another one appears

MANTI TE'O: Before the car crash, it was -- we were talking. I was talking to her. I was talking to other girls. Just trying to get to know people. I was a college player, just trying to get a feel of who was who.

JEREMY SCHAAP: There was a lot of girls.

MANTI TE'O: There were a lot of girls. Not a lot. A couple.

brb other people saying this ranaiah guy pulled the same prank on their cousin. i guess te'o conspired with them to make up this story?

*DH*
I laugh at anyone who believes him.

folly412

I didn't realize criminal charges were being brought upon anyone.

RogerSterling
he said he got a phone call on december 6th from the same number of lennay, not that he knew it was hoax on december 6th. he never said she was the love of his life for three years

lol please. he said many times it was the love of his life, and he said they met in 2009. Only a child plays with semantics to win arguments. He knew in december this fake girl wasn't dead, whether or not he knew she was fake (he did.)

inb4gullibleopbecomesnextcatfishingvictim

DaBest12
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
It's pretty obvious he's lying.. Go read his previous interviews. The scenarios he "experienced with her" are like something out of a movie. Also there are sooo many plot holes in his story.

GutCrusher
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
he never said she was the love of his life for three years

lol notsureifsrs. There are so many quotes from him its not even funny. brb tell gene w. that the family didn't want lennays pics out when she died, says she wanted him to never miss a game so he didnt go to the funeral lol. Lied to his dad. Said she was one of the most beautiful people he ever met (based on her heart)...hmm man to me it seems really hard to get to know someone that deeply over the phone. Wanted to thank her family for all the support they gave him when she/his grandma died, oh really... what family did you talk to?

lol if my gf died i would want some fuking answers

teo is a phaggot... end of story

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I didn't realize criminal charges were being brought upon anyone.

guilty is limited to crimes?

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
lol please. he said many times it was the love of his life, and he said they met in 2009. Only a child plays with semantics to win arguments. He knew in december this fake girl wasn't dead, whether or not he knew she was fake (he did.)

inb4gullibleopbecomesnextcatfishingvictim

you said that he said she was the love of his life for three years, not that they met in 2009. he did say they met his freshmen year via facebook i believe

again you're proving my. more jumping to conclusions and speculating

GeorgeCarlinJr
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Almost as stupid as people(OP) who expect day to day life or our media to work like our legal system.

You're also an idiot if you honestly think Teo is completely innocent in all this....

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
you said that he said she was the love of his life for three years, not that they met in 2009. he did say they met his freshmen year via facebook i believe

Again, thats called arguing semantics. Childish.

OP is probably defending Te'o because he thinks he has a girlfriend he met on the internet, too. Gullible gonna gullible.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Almost as stupid as people(OP) who expect day to day life or our media to work like our legal system.

You're also an idiot if you honestly think Teo is completely innocent in all this....

when did i say that day to day life should work like the legal system?????????

and your second sentence is based on what????? if you have all the facts then please present them

Land_Down_Under
01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Someone cliff it for me

BadaBingBdaBoom
01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
The only person the story exposes as dumb it Te'o himself.

B0B4Life
01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
99% of people made up their mind about what happened the minute they heard the story. Now people are just rooting for their outcome.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Again, thats called arguing semantics. Childish.

OP is probably defending Te'o because he thinks he has a girlfriend he met on the internet, too. Gullible gonna gullible.

how is correcting your "facts" semantics?

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM
99% of people made up their mind about what happened the minute they heard the story. Now people are just rooting for their outcome.

-Notre Dame Football

What's up Lennay, why'd you play your man like that? Nice of you to defend him though.

BostonRockets
01-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Dam I feel sorry as fuk for this guy even if he did make it up... I'm getting 2nd hand embarrassment just reading some of the sh!t hes done... brb mafia was after my girlfriend so she faked her own death brb photoshopping text messages

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 02:43 PM
how is correcting your "facts" semantics?

Because they met in 2009, three years before she "died" and he found out she was fake/not dead. He said many, many times she was the love of his life.

3 year relationship, claims the love of his life, so any reasonable person would understand what someone means when they say "she was the love of his life for three years." Are you going to tweet him and ask when he knew in their 3 year "relationship" that she was the love of his life so that we can make a more accurate statement?

cheerupemokid
01-19-2013, 02:43 PM

Innocent until proven guilty is the standard for the criminal justice system, not the court of public opinion.

GeorgeCarlinJr
01-19-2013, 02:46 PM
when did i say that day to day life should work like the legal system?????????

and your second sentence is based on what????? if you have all the facts then please present them

"Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?" This story has no relation to the legal system, so that would fall under the category of day to day life.

And do you live under a rock? Te'o admitted to "tailoring" his story to the media, which is an euphemism for HE LIED. Totally weird how his lies only suited to increase his fame and make him a Heisman runner up.

Idiot.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Because they met in 2009, three years before she "died" and he found out she was fake/not dead. He said many, many times she was the love of his life.

3 year relationship, claims the love of his life, so any reasonable person would understand what someone means when they say "she was the love of his life for three years." Are you going to tweet him and ask when he knew in their 3 year "relationship" that she was the love of his life so that we can make a more accurate statement?

either you're dumb and being stubborn on purpose. you first said that te'o said she was the love of his life for three years, not that they met three years ago. theres a big difference there.

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
lol another one appears

Another what? Person that doesn't believe everything that comes out of another person's mouth?

You probably thought Lance Armstrong didn't take PED's until the interview on Thursday lol.

OP HAS to be a Notre Dame fan or Hawaiian or something. Refuses to believe the obvious.

B0B4Life
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Totally weird how his lies only suited to increase his fame and make him a Heisman runner up.

Yeah I am sure that was his goal all along to be a super famous Heisman runner up... it all makes perfect sense now

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Innocent until proven guilty is the standard for the criminal justice system, not the court of public opinion.

But Manti said he was the victim... Manti would NEVER LIE TO US! LEAVE MANTI ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

Phil9
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Te'o has already admitted to several lies. IMO, they are the small lies to help protect from the big lies. How can anyone believe this guy at this point other than ND fanboys?

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Dam I feel sorry as fuk for this guy even if he did make it up... I'm getting 2nd hand embarrassment just reading some of the sh!t hes done... brb mafia was after my girlfriend so she faked her own death brb photoshopping text messages

Maybe he should have thought about the consequences before being a lying douchebag.

GeorgeCarlinJr
01-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah I am sure that was his goal all along to be a super famous Heisman runner up... it all makes perfect sense now

-Notre Dame Football
-Notre Dame Basketball

Try pulling his nuts out of your mouth.

And ya I was TOTTTTALLLLLY saying he had some master plan that involved him trying to be the runner up to the Heisman. Herpderp

Backus24
01-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Someone cliff it for me

We can either:
1. choose to believe this huge story with statements from multiple parties that never seem to add up, and that downright contradict one another at certain points.

or

2. Believe he is a damn liar and a piece of self-promoting garbage

He at best greatly exaggerated his relationship with this "girl" for the press or how the media was taking off with it and at worst he's a piece of sh*t that knew about it and did the above.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Another what? Person that doesn't believe everything that comes out of another person's mouth?

You probably thought Lance Armstrong didn't take PED's until the interview on Thursday lol.

OP HAS to be a Notre Dame fan or Hawaiian or something. Refuses to believe the obvious.

another person jumping to conclusions

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 02:58 PM
OP is a Notre Dame fan... shocker there lol. The ignorance is strong in South Bend.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
OP is a Notre Dame fan... shocker there lol. The ignorance is strong in South Bend.

but you're a michigan fan, yet you're unbiased???????? lol

Yank11
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
WVU fan and completely unbiased towards ND, you ND homers are retarded and i feel bad for you that you can't just "get it"

PatrickBateman1
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
but you're a michigan fan, yet you're unbiased???????? lol

So you admit you're biased. And what does this story have to do with Michigan? Obviously I don't like ND but I have great respect for what Brian Kelly has done there. Hell, I've been a fan of the way Manti plays for a long time but this story is just so obvious it's ridiculous.

Just because you're a fan of a team doesn't mean you need to be an ignorant idiot.

folly412
01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
guilty is limited to crimes?

No, but the "innocent until proven guilty" burden of proof is limited to criminal court.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 03:38 PM
So you admit you're biased. And what does this story have to do with Michigan? Obviously I don't like ND but I have great respect for what Brian Kelly has done there. Hell, I've been a fan of the way Manti plays for a long time but this story is just so obvious it's ridiculous.

Just because you're a fan of a team doesn't mean you need to be an ignorant idiot.

jumping to conclusions w/o having all the facts would make on the ignorant idiot, don't ya think?

also i don't believe i've made a definite statement regarding his guilt or innocence (i guess i could be somewhat biased)

No, but the "innocent until proven guilty" burden of proof is limited to criminal court.

yeah well that phrase has been used regarding the "court of public opinion". maybe that wasn't the best phrase to use i guess

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 03:50 PM
either you're dumb and being stubborn on purpose. you first said that te'o said she was the love of his life for three years, not that they met three years ago. theres a big difference there.

lol you're hopeless dude.

enjoy your catfishing victim goals of 2013

kronzino
01-19-2013, 03:51 PM
First I got in the discussion because I was able to see the big picture, but now I'm just in it because I can't believe how ignorant people are. It's like everyone's putting puzzle pieces together the way they imagine it and going "wtf, it doesn't make sense, this dude is lying!".

Gotta admit I feel kinda dirty for being involved in this discussion. It's funny cuz I only knew Te'o from mock drafts and that girlfriend death story I heard and didn't give a fukk about. But I feel bad for the dude, it's some deep shiit and there's too much crazy accusations flying around.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
lol you're hopeless dude.

enjoy your catfishing victim goals of 2013

dude don't get mad b/c you didn't get your facts straight.

First I got in the discussion because I was able to see the big picture, but now I'm just in it because I can't believe how ignorant people are. It's like everyone's putting puzzle pieces together the way they imagine it and going "wtf, it doesn't make sense, this dude is lying!".

Gotta admit I feel kinda dirty for being involved in this discussion. It's funny cuz I only knew Te'o from mock drafts and that girlfriend death story I heard and didn't give a fukk about. But I feel bad for the dude, it's some deep shiit and there's too much crazy accusations flying around.

exactly

Lionology
01-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I laugh at anyone who believes him.

this

JacobOno
01-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't know the whole story, but let me give this a shot..

Manti is probably a socially awkward dude, found someone online to talk to and found it comforting because his social anxiety was some what relieved by an online friendship.. Found out it was a hoax later in the season but was too embarrassed to admit it.. So he just went with the story hoping no one would find out..

He's been talking to her for 3 years? He just got played, lol!

I mean how can you plan something like that 3 years in advance? Idk..

isp
01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
We didn't think Manti was a beta dumbass. It made MORE sense for him to be in on it.

CurryTech777
01-19-2013, 05:27 PM
That is funny op because you didn't clearly read the original report, you know done by the guy who did all the proper research unlike espn and ND. He said he was 80% sure that te'o was involved. Obviously in a matter like this it won't get past that because te'o would never confess before the draft. I like how you are trusting the "facts" from the sources that didn't do their research in the first place and are now all trying to save face. You should actually wish te'o confessed because if he thought she was real at any point, than it would make te'o a horrible human being. Correct me if i am wrong but in the christian faith, if your gf of 3 years is in a car crash and then gets leukemia, wouldn't you visit her regardless of her wishes? Since when is college football more important that a loved one? Just saying

kronzino
01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
That is funny op because you didn't clearly read the original report, you know done by the guy who did all the proper research unlike espn and ND. He said he was 80% sure that te'o was involved. Obviously in a matter like this it won't get past that because te'o would never confess before the draft. I like how you are trusting the "facts" from the sources that didn't do their research in the first place and are now all trying to save face. You should actually wish te'o confessed because if he thought she was real at any point, than it would make te'o a horrible human being. Correct me if i am wrong but in the christian faith, if your gf of 3 years is in a car crash and then gets leukemia, wouldn't you visit her regardless of her wishes? Since when is college football more important that a loved one? Just saying

Read the interview. look at all the information that came out. then judge for yourself.

ShweezyBTFO
01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Read the interview. look at all the information that came out. then judge for yourself.

lol @ this dumb phaggot

Loswaldo
01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Live in the UK this was in the newspaper the other day. My mum read the article and straight away said the only reason for this would be to cover up the fact that he is gay.

So anyone not seeing this, is clearly deluded or stupid.

If he isn't gay then he clearly has some kind of psychotic tendencies.

kronzino
01-19-2013, 05:49 PM
lol @ this dumb phaggot

that's a good one phaggot, how long did that take to come up with?

I'm done with this shiit. You phaggots are too dumb for the truth. Keep entertaining yourselves with your own ignorance.

cman1787
01-19-2013, 05:56 PM

sorry but deadspin left a lot of room for speculation. how does one come up with 80% btw?

B0B4Life
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Live in the UK this was in the newspaper the other day. My mum read the article and straight away said the only reason for this would be to cover up the fact that he is gay.

So anyone not seeing this, is clearly deluded or stupid.

If he isn't gay then he clearly has some kind of psychotic tendencies.

or maybe he was just scammed?

bking10
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
everyone's mind was already made up before any details were confirmed. If you like ND, then you gave him the benefit of the doubt and now believe him. If you hate ND, no matter what comes out you are going to think its a lie and people covering for him. Unfortunately for Te'o more people hate ND than like them. He does have ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, and NBC on his side though. I'm kind of over it and can't wait for sports media to actually cover sports

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
or maybe he was just scammed?

so hes a just dumbass that pretended like he had a girlfriend even though it was just some chick who sent him pictures on twitter?

either way te'o loses

B0B4Life
01-19-2013, 06:43 PM
so hes a just dumbass that pretended like he had a girlfriend even though it was just some chick who sent him pictures on twitter?

Have you paid any attention to the story? The scam was complex and had been done before on other people before Te'o.