PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Teo thing a big deal?

Poolee32
01-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Who the hell cares? what effect does it have on anything?

GutCrusher
01-18-2013, 09:02 PM
why did you bother making this thread then? bringing more attention to it phaggot

Dave P
01-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Before I answer, are you the type of person who sais things like "Who cares about sports, people that talk about sports need to do something more productive with their lives"?

Doober4
01-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Because I don't like my emotions being toyed with. I cried when I heard his grandmother and then fake GF died. Tears I will never be able to get back.

Saucen
People care because that's the ONLY reason he was considered for a Heisman. He tricked everyone into believe he was this saint overcoming such diversity and laying well (lol, most overrated Heisman candidate of all time).

Now it turns out he's trash (as seen, or not seen, in the national championship game) and he's a huge lying douche.

People are pretty much butthurt and upset because they believed him.

5x10
There's nothing else going on

GeorgeJetson
01-18-2013, 09:10 PM
-ND wouldn't have been ranked #1 w/o this phaggots sob story

-He won a lot of awards other than the Heisman, which could have gone to other players

YWOC
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Because you touch yourself at night

GutCrusher
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
because he didn't want to date my gay brother just because he wasn't Hawaiian

Thundurus
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't actually know...

Doober4
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't actually know...

What's up Manti?

FGCHENG
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
I fukkin rage today hearing the radio. All they fukkin talk about is this Manti Teo ****. I want to hear about my sports team. I want to hear about this weekend's matchup. Not about some dude who has a girlfriend HE NEVER EVEN MET. I mean this isn't even a story. How do you have a girlfriend you never met? This will probably be my last post about this annoying story.

Then again.. I might be a little biased, since I dont really follow college football, and never even heard of the name Manti before 2 days ago.

There's nothing else going on

you must not be a NFL fan

kanodogg
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
laaaawd... if u listening.... heeeelp

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ulNmVKKhcCY/S-NQyghzENI/AAAAAAAAAEg/u84eOBSv3KQ/s1600/SirSmokeAlot.jpg

PhiGreens
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Because if it turns out he is a lying scumbag that is gonna kill his draft position.

5x10
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
you must not be a NFL fani am, 2 games this week

Shinya-Aoki
01-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't really care, but I'm intrigued by it all.

jd29
01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
because one of the main reasons he was so highly touted was his supposed leadership ability and people would rally around him. Now, he's a star football player on one of the most renowned college fooyball teams EVER and he either made up a story about a fake girlfriend that he had or he is the biggest idiot of all time and fell in love with someone that he never met and that didn't really exist.

Future24
01-18-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't really care, but I'm intrigued by it all.

This.

For the first time in sports we actually got legit investigative reporting. I love this story because Deadspin shiit on ESPN. Now ESPN will try to protect Te'o and hopefully Deadspin finds more and destroys ESPN again.

FARVIN
01-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Who the hell cares? what effect does it have on anything?

I feel the same way. It's stupid. He didn't win the Heisman, he didn't win the NC. He isn't even built. He won't do shyt in the NFL. He is tiny

BenadrylBandit
01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I only care because I hate the ND bandwagon fans and it's hilarious to see their posterboy get exposed as a terrible lying ***got.

GPx
01-18-2013, 10:07 PM
This.

For the first time in sports we actually got legit investigative reporting. I love this story because Deadspin shiit on ESPN. Now ESPN will try to protect Te'o and hopefully Deadspin finds more and destroys ESPN again.

wot

There's been a sh*t load of controversies/scandals that have had investigative reporting.

Personally I think it's idiotic and pointless. Can't believe this sh*t is the top story in news right now.

SompletelyCober
01-18-2013, 10:11 PM
People care because that's the ONLY reason he was considered for a Heisman. He tricked everyone into believe he was this saint overcoming such diversity and laying well (lol, most overrated Heisman candidate of all time).

Now it turns out he's trash (as seen, or not seen, in the national championship game) and he's a huge lying douche.

People are pretty much butthurt and upset because they believed him.

Big deal. I punch a random, unsuspecting black guy in the back of the head every day to overcome diversity.

Where's my Heisman?

_NEMESIS_
01-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Because if it turns out he is a lying scumbag that is gonna kill his draft position.

All the nickgurs in the NFL Draft don't have their draft stock affected when they lie.

I only care because I hate the ND bandwagon fans and it's hilarious to see their posterboy get exposed as a terrible lying ***got.

ND bandwagon? You must not know about the Alabama bandwagon or the fact that the Eagles aren't the dream team they are supposed to be right? Too bad your team has a dog killer as their QB...

Saucen
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
All the nickgurs in the NFL Draft don't have their draft stock affected when they lie.

ND bandwagon? You must not know about the Alabama bandwagon or the fact that the Eagles aren't the dream team they are supposed to be right? Too bad your team has a dog killer as their QB...

There's an alabama bandwagon because they won 2/3 before thrashing nd for 3/4. The ND bandwagon was unparalleled though for such an extremely overrated team.

RogerSterling
01-18-2013, 10:38 PM
because its a bizarre/hilarious/intriguing mystery surrounding a star athlete/student at one of the nations most famous private schools and most storied athletic programs that could have far reaching implications if it turns out the school knew more than it claims. It also sheds a light on mass media in the US and the lack of integrity and journalistic prowess that allowed the story to go on for so long without being discovered.

I don't think anyone is acting like it has an affect on humanity as a whole, its just such an outlandish situation.

also, OP is a phaggot.

AlternateHandle
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
It also sheds a light on mass media in the US and the lack of integrity and journalistic prowess that allowed the story to go on for so long without being discovered.

This is my favorite angle. ESPN still looks retarded with this untaped interview.

B0B4Life
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Its only a big deal because its the first mainstream story about catfishing

Aussiebrah66
01-19-2013, 01:48 AM
i am, 2 games this week

not excited for championship round?

edit: just read sig :PPPP

bking10
01-19-2013, 06:06 AM
people enjoy watching others fall. I would put it on the media though. They took his story and ran with it because of the page clicks Notre Dame gets. Now they look like idiots for not fact checking. and because they put him up on a pedestal, a majority of people are tuning in to watch him fall. So the media is giving the people what they want

ItsWhatIDo
01-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Didn't hurt Cam Newton

dirtdickens
01-19-2013, 07:03 AM
i feel the same way. It's stupid. He didn't win the heisman, he didn't win the nc. He isn't even built. He won't do shyt in the nfl. He is tinylol

Calhexas
01-19-2013, 09:11 AM
There's an alabama bandwagon because they won 2/3 before thrashing nd for 3/4. The ND bandwagon was unparalleled though for such an extremely overrated team.

This.

You expect there to be a massive bandwagon for a team that accounts for 3 out of the last 4 national championships. A team that hasn't done jack sht for 20+ years? That makes zero sense.

autrefois
01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
agreed, most miscers e-stat everything so i dont see how you can get on his case.

newtmiscer
01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Before I answer, are you the type of person who sais things like "Who cares about sports, people that talk about sports need to do something more productive with their lives"?

this aint even sports, its a fukkin circus. Who cares if he's gay (as that seems to be most likely), he plays decent football, give him a chance

because its a bizarre/hilarious/intriguing mystery surrounding a star athlete/student at one of the nations most famous private schools and most storied athletic programs that could have far reaching implications if it turns out the school knew more than it claims. It also sheds a light on mass media in the US and the lack of integrity and journalistic prowess that allowed the story to go on for so long without being discovered.

I don't think anyone is acting like it has an affect on humanity as a whole, its just such an outlandish situation.

also, OP is a phaggot.

you're the phaggot if you think its hilarious to watch teo's life get turned upside down

Yank11
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
because one of the main reasons he was so highly touted was his supposed leadership ability and people would rally around him. Now, he's a star football player on one of the most renowned college fooyball teams EVER and he either made up a story about a fake girlfriend that he had or he is the biggest idiot of all time and fell in love with someone that he never met and that didn't really exist.

that

/thread

Poolee32
01-19-2013, 01:02 PM

No.

I'm the type of person that says(correct spelling, in case you were wondering) why the hell am I watching coverage on this overrated linebacker's fake girlfriend when I could be seeing coverage on great NFL storylines.

There isn't much going on right now, but there are things going on that has more relevance than this. Why are the Heat struggling, can the Lakers pull it together, Sunday has one of the most intriguing conference championships in a while in Baltimore and New England, even Lance Armstrong's scandal is more relevant than this. Disregard the fact that Teo's popularity was due to pathetic competition and a weak year for college football OVERALL, but it just doesn't have any real significance regarding the sporting world. Take that **** to US Weekly or something.

RogerSterling
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
you're the phaggot if you think its hilarious to watch teo's life get turned upside down

lol, lying about someone close to you dying of cancer to garner sympathy, especially on a national stage in front of millions of people for totally selfish reasons, is about the lowest, scummiest thing a non-criminal can do. Dudes a phaggot of the highest order, lol at acting like anyone should have sympathy for this kunt.

ne12o
01-19-2013, 01:38 PM
cause sports misc is a bunch of women