PDA

View Full Version : Down 30 lbs, not as happy with progress as I thought I would be

Domo230
01-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi guys

Started taking the gym seriously the last 4 months, started at 227.7 and down to 194.4 (as of today).

Sadly my laptop which had my progress pics broke and I lost them. I could see the progress in them but when my laptop broke I lost my main method of measuring my progress and I am starting to feel as though my body hasn't changed.

I am 6ft 3 and wasn't very fat (maybe borderling overweight) and I still feel that way, when I hold my stomach in I can now see the beginnings of a 4 pack and adonis V (which I am very happy about as I really wanted one and heard it is genetic). I don't feel like I am progressing and feel like I haven't progressed (despite the numbers saying otherwise)

Wish I had my old pictures so I could compare my progress feels bad * :(

Mallonhead
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
It takes a while bro.

But if you have lost 30 pounds and are lifting similar/heavier the before, then you ARE losing fat.
I have this issue to, though I am not as heavy. Keeps looking like nothing is happening, but then one day BAM, you will look completely different.

Just stick with it bro, you are doing well!

Domo230
01-18-2013, 04:21 PM
It takes a while bro.

But if you have lost 30 pounds and are lifting similar/heavier the before, then you ARE losing fat.
I have this issue to, though I am not as heavy. Keeps looking like nothing is happening, but then one day BAM, you will look completely different.

Just stick with it bro, you are doing well!

Thanks, the weight is still low (doing all pro beginner program) but the amount I lift has been going up (for example my benchpress has went from 77lb X 7 reps (bar + 7.5kg plate on each side) (I use kg so converted it) to 110 lb for 10 reps (bar + 15kg plate on each side) (rough estimates as I haven't tested my 1 rep max), still low but strong progress)

Everythings been progressing nicely, got my bf % tested by a guy with a calliper in the college gym and he said I was at 18%
I wan't to get sub 10% and do a slow bulk (300 calories over maintenance), that's when I wan't to really focus on increasing my strength.

robfit9
01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
you may not notice the difference yourself because its so gradual...

i left for iraq a few years ago at around 180 and came home for a couple weeks around 4 months later and i felt like i looked the exact same person... come to find out i actually weighed about 155 and looked a hell of a lot leaner but because the change was gradual, i didnt really notice it.

progressbrah
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
progress is progress brah. Down 30 lbs is quite an accomplishment and if you're seeing the beginnings of your abs and adonis V when you couldnt see them before then you're progressing. Don't be disillusioned by some of the progress threads on this site because some other people make sick gains natty or not. Just keep doing what you're doing regardless of how long it takes you'll eventually reach your goal if you stick with it.

mac2118
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
you might want to make a progress thread. Myself and alot of others have. I update it and my bodyspace stats the first weekend of every month so I can track my progress. upload pics to the site, etc that way you won't lose them anymore.

alot of times when I feel like I'm going nowhere I look at my beginning and current pics. It is really an eye opener and gives you more motivation to do what you're doing.

Domo230
01-18-2013, 07:47 PM
you might want to make a progress thread. Myself and alot of others have. I update it and my bodyspace stats the first weekend of every month so I can track my progress. upload pics to the site, etc that way you won't lose them anymore.

alot of times when I feel like I'm going nowhere I look at my beginning and current pics. It is really an eye opener and gives you more motivation to do what you're doing.

That's a good idea. I currently log my results into a little notebook I have but it's starting to look a little worse for wear after being in my gym bag all the time.

Think it's time to go digital.