PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith is appalled that no black head coaches were hired.

Dave P
01-18-2013, 08:31 AM
I for one am shocked that Stephen A Smith would take this position.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/omg/grand/25697554_omg_reaction_gif.gif

fishnbrah
01-18-2013, 08:32 AM
lulz, i just came in to post about this. i dont always watch first take, but when i do its a racial debate.

iamgenus
01-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I blame Quentin Tarantino

dRose37
01-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Lol stephen a always gives me the lulz on topics concerning race. Although he claims to be a "Proud proud black man", he often says so in an almost superior tone. Hes apologetic to MOST black men (excluding jamarcus russell) when they do wrong things. For example he was extremely understanding on the topic of that writer putting "chink the armor" about jeremy lin. and when asked about if there was asian discrimination in the league, he changed the topic to how there is "a bigger picture" and there is black discrimination in the league lulz

he must be a cornball brotha

1800_Cool_Guy
01-18-2013, 08:39 AM
I bet he went all ghetto on First Take talking about this.

Dave P
01-18-2013, 08:41 AM
DL Hughley was on before the segment so I'm sure his racism-motor was already in the red because DL has got to be the most "white people are like and black people are like" comedian ever and everything he does involves race in some form.

JBhaverhill
Does he think teams should hire less qualified candidates, just because they're black?

Bezzz
What a cornball.

tandcrumpets
01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
DL Hughley was on before the segment so I'm sure his racism-motor was already in the red because DL has got to be the most "white people are like and black people are like" comedian ever and everything he does involves race in some form.

sounds like you pay too much attention to this, maybe you're not so different from those guys.

Dave P
01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Does he think teams should hire less qualified candidates, just because they're black?

He was shocked that Lovie Smith didn't get hired and then went off about how Andy Reid got hired in 4 days.

thefederalist
01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
with all the talk of "qualification" it's clear that sports misc is not intellectually qualified to discuss this topic

SompletelyCober
01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Isn't there a requirement that NFL teams actually interview black candidates?

Tbh, even that shouldn't be in place. His schtick is getting old. Shocking that the majority of coaches are white and all the recent hires weren't black.

Every organization must be racist. They just got rid of some black coaches. THIS WAS THEIR PLAN ALL ALONG! WAKE UP PEOPLE.

MCrow
01-18-2013, 08:47 AM
I phucking hate race baiters.

These days racism is not nearly the issue it was 40+ years ago. Blacks can achieve the same as whites at just about anything they want if they get out of their own way. Guys like Stephen A Smith and other professional race baiters just set eveyone back 40 years with this BS. Sure, racism still happens but then there are still people who discriminate based on all sorts of stupid shat, you'll never get rid of all of it.

lsiberian
01-18-2013, 08:48 AM
He was shocked that Lovie Smith didn't get hired and then went off about how Andy Reid got hired in 4 days.

I am kinda surprised, but then I heard he isn't really interested. I'm surprised the Stanford coach hasn't gotten a look yet either.
I think it's time to move on from racial based decisions. It's a terrible basis for a decision.
If I get a tan it doesn't change my ability to do my job.

Dave P
01-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Stanford coach got a massive extension a couple months ago and isn't looking to leave for a long time.

BullStampede
01-18-2013, 09:00 AM
lol SAS with the race bait

http://i.imgur.com/mjAt4.gif

JaxBrah
01-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Affirmitive action has a sweet spot in his heart because without it his ghetto ass wouldent have that sweet gig at espn

thefederalist
01-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Affirmitive action has a sweet spot in his heart because without it his ghetto ass wouldent have that sweet gig at espn

right, because the world of sports talk shows is dominated by the finest minds America has to offer.

it's entertainment, and he's an entertainer. for the work he does, he's better qualified than Bob Costas.

pls do a better job of hiding your racism.

mustang
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I cant remember the last time an Asian or Hispanic was hired as HC in the NFL. Can we talk about that!?

Trapstar4.4
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Quite frankly, would you kindly stfu

SAS can do no wrong. He is a gentlemen and a scholar

Dave P
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Quite frankly, would you kindly stfu

SAS can do no wrong. He is a gentlemen and a scholar

http://www.helloloser.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/stephen-a-smith-670x520.jpg

TheMarshall
At what percentage of coaches would he say is fair? 13? Since that's the percentage of blacks in America, or higher, since he's a racist POS.

Caps
brb almost all successful coaches became great teachers because they were physically less talented than their counterparts in their playing days and had to study tape and grasp fundamentals better to close the gap.

brb shocked when there are more white coaches than black.

JBhaverhill
01-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Cardinals hire Bruce Arians

Arians
Aryan
Racist hire?

ChrisPaulfor40
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
i don't mind Stephen A, Jemele or Rob Parker (RIP).

but if his main premise was that Lovie should have been hired over some of these guys...i sort of understand. i thought Lovie was gonna sit this year out. If he didn't know that, then I'd give him a pass. But if he just randomly wanted a negro to be hired out of the blue....for a team to magically make that happen, he needs to chill

brighamw
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
25 responses & still no sign of the sports misc. Al Sharpton?