PDA

View Full Version : NFL Build a Team Draft Final 8: Packers(brb_ballin) vs Rams(IawI) anyone can vote!

grizz101
01-17-2013, 06:28 AM
48 hours. due to numerous requests there will be polls from now on, and i guess since there is a poll your allowed to vote for yourself. gl!

Packers (brb_ballin):

Offense:
QB: Cam Newton
HB: Ray Rice
FB: John Kuhn
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Mike Williams
slot: Jacoby Jones
TE: Heath Miller
TE: Kevin Boss
LT: Bryan Bulaga
LG: Kevin Zeitler
C: Eric Wood
RG: Stephen Peterman
RT: Erik Pears

Defense:
OLB: O'Brien Schofield/Clark Haggans
DE: Cory Redding
ILB: Joe Mays
DT: BJ Raji
ILB: Derrick Johnson
DE: Glenn Dorsey
OLB: Shaun Phillips
CB: Stanford Routt
CB: Sheldon Brown
nickel: Chris Carr
FS: Mike Adams
SS: Jordan Babineaux

KR/PR: Jacoby Jones
K: Steve Hauscka
P: Tim Masthay

Rams (IawI):

Offense:
QB: Eli Manning
HB: Trent Richardson
HB: LaMichael James
FB: Greg Jones
WR: Victor Cruz
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Kyle Rudolph
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Ben Grubbs
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Mike Iupati
RT: David Stewart

Defense:
DE: Michael Bennett/Andre Branch
DT: Jurrell Casey
DT: Sedrick Ellis
DE: Jabaal Sheard/Everson Griffen
OLB: Akeem Ayers/Russell Allen
MLB: Rolando McClain
OLB: Dont'a Hightower
CB: Alterraun Verner
CB: Stephon Gilmore
Nickel: Drew Coleman
FS: Deon Grant
SS: Quinton Carter

KR/PR: LaMichael James
K: Phil Dawson
P: Sam Koch

grizz101
01-17-2013, 06:33 AM
wow, this is REALLY close. I'd put the teams equal on offense, and although the Packers are better up front on D they have a poverty secondary. Ultimately I'm picking the Rams. More balance and considering the overall talent of these two teams are so close I'm taking Eli over Cam in the clutch.

STA1011
01-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Goin with the Rams here

grizz101
01-17-2013, 02:22 PM
bump

IawI
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I just want to make an argument for my team in this one.

My DE's are very under the radar, but Sheard, Bennett, and Griffen combined for 24 sacks this past season, so I do believe I would have the ability to get pressure on Cam because Bulaga is playing out of position, and Pears isn't that good.

Also, his cornerbacks are pure poverty time, and his pass rush is non-existent. I have an elite O-line with an elite QB, 2 very good RBs, and a great receving corps. My offense would move the ball with ease.

brb_ballin
01-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Shaun Phillips 9.5 sacks is not a lack of pass rush. also my run defense would be pretty solid.

I just don't see how your defense could stop the offense... Newton, Rice and Kuhn would be about as dangerous a combo as this fantasy league has.. with weapons like Wayne, Williams and Heath Miller and Rice being a premier receiving back.. it's a balance offense that can beat you through the air and on the ground.

NewYorkMets
01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Rams

IawI
01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Shaun Phillips 9.5 sacks is not a lack of pass rush. also my run defense would be pretty solid.

I just don't see how your defense could stop the offense... Newton, Rice and Kuhn would be about as dangerous a combo as this fantasy league has.. with weapons like Wayne, Williams and Heath Miller and Rice being a premier receiving back.. it's a balance offense that can beat you through the air and on the ground.

Stewart is the best RT in the league, and Phillips is all you have. My offensive line in this league would be the equivilant of the 49er's offensive line IRL. They are elite. My offense is much better than your offense. I'm not saying the Cam/Rice combo isn't a headache, but your O-line isn't good at all. Not to mention your corners are terrible, and the combination of Cruz-Julio with Eli throwing and an elite O-line makes for an explosive offensive attack. Not to mention T. Rich running behind the best blocking FB in the NFL behind this elite O-line with James spelling him out the backfield makes my offensive attack a lot better than yours.

My balance > your balance. Your only advantage is that Cam can run, which he would be doing a lot of behind that poverty O-line.

IawI
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Rams

Strong sig to vote correlation.

grizz101
01-19-2013, 05:25 AM
i know i said 48 hours but nobody has posted or voted for either of the two matchups ive made since the first day and i didnt have any time yesterday to bump either so 24 more hours.

ShadowBarkley
01-19-2013, 05:37 AM
I just want to make an argument for my team in this one.

My DE's are very under the radar, but Sheard, Bennett, and Griffen combined for 24 sacks this past season, so I do believe I would have the ability to get pressure on Cam because Bulaga is playing out of position, and Pears isn't that good.

Also, his cornerbacks are pure poverty time, and his pass rush is non-existent. I have an elite O-line with an elite QB, 2 very good RBs, and a great receving corps. My offense would move the ball with ease.

I voted for you but instantly regretted it after this post.

youre lame as fuk dude, you dont get to make arguments for your team. thats low. youre garbage. kill yourself. ;)

grizz101
01-19-2013, 05:39 AM
i timed this poll for 48 hours and its almost been that so if u wanna vote ur gonna have to post your vote.

thefederalist
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
i'm going with the Pack

MK2866
01-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Rams

IawI
01-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I voted for you but instantly regretted it after this post.

youre lame as fuk dude, you dont get to make arguments for your team. thats low. youre garbage. kill yourself. ;)

You are so f*cking mad right now :)

grizz101
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
the vote is tied 9-9. if vote is still tied by tomorrow morning at 9:00 ET then there will be a re-vote with a new thread during the week before the final 4

Impurityz
01-19-2013, 09:44 PM
I am pretty surprise the poll is tied. I won't say why though, but I'm surprised.

grizz101
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
this officially ends in a tie and a new thread will be made tomorrow. If that still ends in a tie then I have another alternative