PDA

View Full Version : skinny fat ? cant decide what to do

jowasgehtab
01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
hi,

sorry for another skinny fat topic, but i just needed to open a thread for my own.
i am currently 19 years old and have about 72kg on 180cm+. at the beginning of 2011 i was fat, not that hardcore, but i was much over 80 kg, high body fat.
i made a diet for half a year, tried to eat healthy and make sport but had no clue of bodybuilding, so i lost weight on a bad way.
then i started to bulk for 2 times, both times failed. both times i bulked for about 4 months or more, but i just got fat. i read much about eating and so one, but i didnt really well and my workout was ****. although i got weight, i didnt progress, on the one hand, i could have deadlifted or squatted more i think, but i thought that it would be enough to just feel the muscle, but for bench press e.g. i couldnt get over about 30kg + bell in 4 months, so my training was ****.
so after the second bulk fail i was like 76-78kg i think and started to cut to get rid of the fat, get more information, and have a perfect third bulk. however, i thought i would be starting at the end of 2012 but i am still cutting and still dont lose fat.
i started with no/low carb but then turned to eat many carbs. i didnt lift weight, cause i thought that i didnt built muscles so i didnt have to keep them and just made cardio.
so i dont even think i could profit from noob gains because i "lifted weights" (****ty) for many months but didnt build muscles.
i am really frustrated because i have these lovehandles, i want to get muscles, but i want to get rid of the fat. i was eating unter mantainance.
at the moment i started lifting again. i had like 69 kg 1 week ago when i was just doing cardio and not eating that many carbs. i had an unhealthy cheat day once a week at the end. then last week i started lifting again, eating carbs in the morning and after workout. i tried to eat like 2k calories but not precise, and now i am 72kg ? wtf.
i am taking pills because of my thyroid. i had a slow metabolism.

in conclusion:
i look more or less like skinny fat but i am not an ectomorph, because i gain fat quickly. i ate protein, over mantainance, lifted (****ty, not heavy, no increase of weights), got weight but just got fat. now i am dieting like for 4+ months and still have ****in lovehandles, altough i tried to eat healthy (wholemeal, protein .....).
now where i started lifting again, do you think i would loose the fat if i would cut for 4-6 weeks, 3-4 times a week, eat under mantainance, much protein or should i just bulk ? will i have noobgains although i already lifted weights for a longer period without getting muscles ?
will i just build fat ?

i already did an (in my opinion) good, healthy eating plan and wanted to do a good workout with 6-8 reps, deadlift, squats, pull ups, bench press, military press, biceps curls, dips, row, eat slightly over mantainance, lower carbs on non training days, just how skinny fats do.
but i just hate this ****in fat on me, but i am just frustrated because it doesnt go away, even for months low calories and sport.

i dont think that lift heavy and eat at mantainance will do anything. and getting muscles by eating under mantainance, much protein, healthy and lift heavy ? would it work or would i just look more skinny fat ? would 4-6 weeks diet be helpful ? if i would bulk now healthy, slightly over mantainance, would it be much more harder than it even now is to get rid of the fat after bulking ?

sorry for this thread, but thanks. ( and sorry for my english, i am not a native speaker )

ToonUp
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Lift heavy and dial in your diet.

jowasgehtab
01-17-2013, 01:51 AM
thanks, but should i cut or bulk ? i think just lifing heavy but not having a goal with my diet wont help me anything.
i dont know if i should cut and lift heavy for like -500 cal for 4-6 weeks, would the lovehandles go away ? would i look skinny but low fat and with muscles and so on or just really skinny, no muscles and still a bit fat ?
or sould i now start bulking, very low over mantainance, although i have these fat and lovehandles. they make me crazy, if i knew, that they would go away in 4-6 weeks, i think i would cut, but i just dont know, because i was cutting since september 2012 and i just lost like 6-8 kg, but still have that fat.
its easy to say, just lift heavy, but i dont think if it will solve the problem.

YOLOdoYOUeven
01-17-2013, 02:06 AM
thanks, but should i cut or bulk ? i think just lifing heavy but not having a goal with my diet wont help me anything.
i dont know if i should cut and lift heavy for like -500 cal for 4-6 weeks, would the lovehandles go away ? would i look skinny but low fat and with muscles and so on or just really skinny, no muscles and still a bit fat ?
or sould i now start bulking, very low over mantainance, although i have these fat and lovehandles. they make me crazy, if i knew, that they would go away in 4-6 weeks, i think i would cut, but i just dont know, because i was cutting since september 2012 and i just lost like 6-8 kg, but still have that fat.
its easy to say, just lift heavy, but i dont think if it will solve the problem.
I would try a 60 day cut, may lose some stength slightly. So try train with high intensity and heavy. But in my opinion, a bulk would further the 'problem' areas you have that you're trying to rid.
Once you have lost the little belly fat/love handles you're trying to lose. Up you're calories while also up the weight you're doing to try stimulate some growth slowly. If the love handles and belly fat begin to come back lower calories. It's all trial and error.
So I would continue to cut to answer your question, just a small deficit and see how you go. :)

jowasgehtab
01-17-2013, 02:25 AM
thanks, yeah, i would like to get rid of the fat there, but i am just worrying about if i start to cut now, carbs only morning and after workout, lift heavy, and then not to lose the fat, than im stayin there after 6 weeks and still have the lovehandles although my diet and so on was good. then i could have progressed better when i would have bulked. but on the other hand i dont know what will happen if i start to bulk very clean and slightly over mantainance, if i really will build muscles or not. i have lifted for many months now, so i wont get any noobgains i think, i never got noobsgains.... its a really confusing thing

YOLOdoYOUeven
01-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Don't worry to much about carbs only in morning ect. Maybe load up before you're workout, but calorie/carb intake is over the whole day, so don't be afraid to eat carbs of a night ect.

You seem like you wish to try a bulk by the sound of it. Even if you do try it, just measure everything on your body and if the wrong places start to grow you know that a bulk is not working and you need to continue to cut. Like I said, trial and error.

Vaylor
01-17-2013, 03:21 AM
At 6 feet 160lbs you should be bulking. If you are skinny fat there is no point and getting skinnier.

cjc651
01-17-2013, 03:29 AM
You're not going to want to hear this but you need to bulk if you want to see results long term. Yes, you could cut but by the time you're done cutting you will look like a twig. I've been there man. 6 ft at 150 with a gut and I'm not exaggerating. I've been bulking for 6 months though, and put on some good size now weighing in at 185.

Since you are somewhat skinny fat (not that bad) you should be clean bulking for 6 months to a year before your first cut. Eat about 10% above your TDEE and eat around 1g/protein per lb of lean body mass. Get on a good weightlifting program. You will see results. Good luck.

jowasgehtab
01-17-2013, 03:31 AM
yeah thanks, i think i will just start bulking and see where it takes me and then decide.