PDA

View Full Version : Why the hail mary?

SpiderSense
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I mean first off where Seattle ****ed themselves was a really short pass for that last play.

Obviously ATL playing deep, but please get more than like 7 yard FFS.

But anyways, they would have had to kick a 65 yard FG to win it.

So instead they opt for the hail mary, AKA Fail Mary.

Just go for the ****ing 65 yard fg. you're in a dome.

I know it's a tough FG but the odds of a Hail Mary have to be almost as low, maybe lower?

I see maybe 1 hail mary work a season, kick the ****ing FG.

Woogiefied
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I mean first off where Seattle ****ed themselves was a really short pass for that last play.

I know it's a tough FG but the odds of a Hail Mary have to be almost as low, maybe lower?

Did you not watch the game winning hail mary int SEA threw against GB?

gsxtreme1987
01-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Did you not watch the game winning hail mary int SEA threw against GB?

This

notWilliam
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Yup that 4 yard pass really helped (not srs)
If youre gonna do Hail Mary after that, take 2 shots at the end zone (10 secs left, enough time) instead of the dinky pass.

Or just go for a 10 yard pass ish and kick a 62 yarder.

This was awfully rem. of last year (maybe 2 years ago) Falcons vs Seahawks game where we missed a 67 yarder or something

brb_ballin
they had 6 seconds... didn't have time to try and get 25 yards.

Weezy32
Oh and the fact that you have a new kicker who hasnt kicked for any team for a year .... yah hes gonna make a 65 yarder.

TreesOpenDoors
Couldn't Pete have used the two timeouts to ice his own kicker, while his kicker took the "practice" kicks like Matt Bryant did. If he showed he didn't have the leg, then go for the hail mary

MaxKnuckles
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Couldn't Pete have used the two timeouts to ice his own kicker, while his kicker took the "practice" kicks like Matt Bryant did. If he showed he didn't have the leg, then go for the hail mary

ohh lawd made me lol

SpiderSense
I'm just saying I know the chances of hitting a 65 yard FG aren't very good, but anybody knowledgeable about football has to think/know the chances of a successful Hail Mary can't be much better.

IDK if the chances are even better TBH, too much going on with a Hail Mary.

rektt
Longwell would barely be able to make a 50 yard FG

iamgenus

I don't think it was necessary...but my guess is that wouldn't be allowed somehow

neighborr
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM

Genius. Although you can't call back-to-back timeouts

Love Pirate
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Oh and the fact that you have a new kicker who hasnt kicked for any team for a year .... yah hes gonna make a 65 yarder.

strong this. forgot about that lol

YellowOnYellow
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM

Get this guy a coaching spot in the nfl. Genius.

scotyg
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think it was necessary...but my guess is that wouldn't be allowed somehow

well other then you can't use two timeouts in a row, it would work

YesWayNoWeigh
01-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Couldn't Pete have used the two timeouts to ice his own kicker, while his kicker took the "practice" kicks like Matt Bryant did. If he showed he didn't have the leg, then go for the hail marylmao, he could have, but you cant call 2 TOs in a row so he would of only got 1 practice kick

TreesOpenDoors
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Ah forgot about that consecutive TO rule

Nara62629
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
how many 65 yd FGs have u ever seen? hint...the NFL record is 63...

also, their kicker hurt his ankle last week.

wheynweed
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Would never happen. Wouldn't want to risk him making it then missing after the time out.

Mrs Grudge
01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
people on that madden time. rofl at some scrub kicker hitting 65 yarder. seriously, some people have no idea how hard the fieldgoals kickers make on a regular basis.

i mean seriously, you really think this kicker would make a 65 yarder (2 yards more than anyone has kicked it if I can recall)? At least I know Russell can throw to the end zone, that alone solidifies that choice.

If the Seahawks had Sebestian, sure, I'd kick it. Some dude I never heard of, no thanks.

wickedman
01-13-2013, 02:05 PM

/crazylookingguytakinghandsoffheadandrainbowexplosi ongif.

Brilliant.

neighborr
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
people on that madden time. rofl at some scrub kicker hitting 65 yarder. seriously, some people have no idea how hard the fieldgoals kickers make on a regular basis.

i mean seriously, you really think this kicker would make a 65 yarder (2 yards more than anyone has kicked it if I can recall)? At least I know Russell can throw to the end zone, that alone solidifies that choice.

If the Seahawks had Sebestian, sure, I'd kick it. Some dude I never heard of, no thanks.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/bush_wtf.gif

wat. He's been one of the best kickers in the league since '97. Strong knowledge.

wickedman
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM
lulz^

Mrs Grudge
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM

wat. He's been one of the best kickers in the league since '97. Strong knowledge.

Only started following closely in late 07. Acting like that dude is super special, he aint kicking no 65 yarder.

And lol at like Ryan Longwell is a house hold name.

Woogiefied
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM

Exactly what I was about to comment on, Longwell won me a FFB 'chip a few years back.

ElMariachi
01-13-2013, 02:18 PM

Longwell's effective kicking range nowadays is like 35 yards..........lol.

ElMariachi
01-13-2013, 02:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JOmTf.png%5B/img