PDA

View Full Version : Protein powders, creatine, etc... completely necessary?

awwsumr0cketz
01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
aylo

so i'm just starting out here. wondering if the supplements are completely necessary to gain lean muscle? I only take fish oil, calcium and vitamin D at the moment. but all these protein powders, creatine, etc... it's all really confusing and the "synthetic-ness" of it makes me kinda worried. is it possible to get the aesthetics without getting the powders?

kdrodriguez92
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
aylo

so i'm just starting out here. wondering if the supplements are completely necessary to gain lean muscle? I only take fish oil, calcium and vitamin D at the moment. but all these protein powders, creatine, etc... it's all really confusing and the "synthetic-ness" of it makes me kinda worried. is it possible to get the aesthetics without getting the powders?

Good diet and training will help you gain lean muscle, no supp is completely necessary.

jiggamanbill
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
aylo

No supplement is truly needed... they are supposed to do just that... supplement... your training and diet. The most important thing would be to make sure your diet is right for your goals and you are getting the proper nutrients.

If you want to add supplements, they can help, but all the supplements in the world will not make up for poor diet and lack of training.

Make sure you get your protein / carbs / fats in line based on your goals... then if you want to add some supplements for convenience or necessity, you can... Plus it is good to try only 1 or 2 things at a time so you can see what you like and what you do not like.... and how you react to 1 product at a time.

melaneybh
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Good diet and training will help you gain lean muscle, no supp is completely necessary.

This.

Personally I find protein powders necessary, but thats only because I won't hit my protein macros without it.

mmafighterskiba
01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
There is no supplement that i would consider necessary, however they are a convenience.

If your goal is to add lean muscle make sure your diet is on point, without a solid diet no supplement will help you achieve your goals

awwsumr0cketz
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
This.

Personally I find protein powders necessary, but thats only because I won't hit my protein macros without it.

i`mma sound so newb but... macros? what are those

Valhallabound86
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
i`mma sound so newb but... macros? what are those

Protein/Carbs/Fat. I'd take a look at the Nutrition section sticky threads on counting macrocalorie requirements.

In terms of supplementation, stick to the basics. You sound like you have most of them covered pretty well. Also, creatine is a natural product you ingest nearly every day, just not at a level of effectiveness for benefits.

awwsumr0cketz
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Protein/Carbs/Fat. I'd take a look at the Nutrition section sticky threads on counting macrocalorie requirements.

In terms of supplementation, stick to the basics. You sound like you have most of them covered pretty well. Also, creatine is a natural product you ingest nearly every day, just not at a level of effectiveness for benefits.

thank you so much! :D