PDA

View Full Version : Browns name Rob Chudzinski coach

bobcat11
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8833956/cleveland-browns-hire-rob-chudzinski-head-coach

Norv Turner as OC.

Welp, I'm giving up on the Browns. After moving to Seattle, I'm now a Seahawks fan. 20+ years of disappointment is enough.

cor030
01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Enjoy your quadruple read option goals of 2013 browns fans.

He ran a top 5 offense in 2011 so the potential is there, but him and Rivera went full potato salad in 2012 so idk.. Bad hire IMO.

Doober4
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8833956/cleveland-browns-hire-rob-chudzinski-head-coach

Norv Turner as OC.

Welp, I'm giving up on the Browns. After moving to Seattle, I'm now a Seahawks fan. 20+ years of disappointment is enough.

So long phaggot.

Edit to Cor,
Panthers scored TDs on 25% of their drives w/ Rob Chudzinksi as off. coordinator during the last 2 seasons (4th-highest in NFL).

They ranked #7 and #12 his two years as OC.

Browns have only ranked above # 23 once in the 13 years since 99 ... the OC that one year? Chud was the coordinator.

This is a great hire especially with Norv Turner as O coordinator.

Again so long phaggot.

GeorgeJetson
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Zimmer gets passed over again

bobcat11
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM
So long phaggot.

Edit to Cor,
Panthers scored TDs on 25% of their drives w/ Rob Chudzinksi as off. coordinator during the last 2 seasons (4th-highest in NFL).

Browns have only ranked above # 23 once in the 13 years since 99 ... the OC that one year? Chud was the coordinator.

Again so long phaggot.

Dude was already fired TWICE by the Browns

LiftDeezWeights
01-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Comment section on that ESPN link is brutal lol

Jaccogo
01-10-2013, 10:01 PM

Norv Turner as OC.

sorry, seahawks arent interested in a loser browns fan that is bailing for a hot team

bobcat11
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
sorry, seahawks arent interested in a loser browns fan that is bailing for a hot team

I root for the team closest to me, isn't that how it works?

I have no affiliations with the Browns.

cor030
01-10-2013, 10:05 PM
So long phaggot.

Edit to Cor,

Again so long phaggot.

2011 he was great. 2012 our offenses finished 19th in ppg. If you watched Carolina this year you'd know why I'm not a fan of the guy. Him and Rivera took a successful scheme and changed it completely changed it over the offseason.

cor030
01-10-2013, 10:09 PM
But hey, chud could be without blame here and Rivera could have been the guy that overruled all of chuds advice and changed schemes. I just think there were better candidates.

Doober4
01-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Your o line wasn't exactly great, the Browns have one of the best in the league.

And he wasnt fired twice by the Browns the head coach was fired, not exactly a strange occurrence for the new HC to bring in his guys.

bobcat11
01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Your o line wasn't exactly great, the Browns have one of the best in the league.

And he wasnt fired twice by the Browns the head coach was fired, not exactly a strange occurrence for the new HC to bring in his guys.

Gotta love that Cleveland optimism.

Next year they'll be good! Next year man!!

YesWayNoWeigh
01-10-2013, 10:17 PM
really guys?

bronws are bake

Doober4
01-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Gotta love that Cleveland optimism.

Next year they'll be good! Next year man!!

Actually usually everyone is a pessimist phaggot like you but the real fans see the upside in this hire. General consensus on the Browns forums are positive, go root for the Seahawks though, good riddance.

Goby
01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Playoffs phaggots.

Yall gonna be mad when Weeden goes to the Pro Bowls and Browns are scoring 35 a game.

Although WHAT THE FUK at going to the 3-4

YOU FUKING DUMB PHAGGOTS WE JUST SPENT 3 YEARS BUILDING UP THE 4-3 AND HAVE GOOD YOUNG PERSONNEL FOR IT

FUK YOU

But overall could be worse, I'm cautiously excited.

Hell we hire Belicheck and we still wouldn't know how it would turn out until the season actually begins

Also this is a chance for Banner to prove that he isn't just swanging his dick around like a moron and can actually make good decisions.

RAMBO316
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Chud is a real good hire for the browns. I hate Norv Turner but CHUD is going to steer them in the right direction. Potential is there.

Goby
01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Chud is a real good hire for the browns. I hate Norv Turner but CHUD is going to steer them in the right direction. Potential is there.

Norv Turner is one of the best OC's around.

Offense should in no way be a problem for the Browns now

TranceOfPeace
01-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Him + Norv could be really special.

I'll be looking for some steals in my fantasy draft somewhere in that Browns offense.

RAMBO316
01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Norv Turner is one of the best OC's around.

Offense should in no way be a problem for the Browns now

HES AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT. He knows how to air it out ill give him that, thats all he knows how to do. Should mean good things for Josh Gordon and maybe Buttery Popcorn Greg Little

Goby
01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Funny fact. Browns were still paying Cudzinski's OC contract up until last year. So he has only not been paid by the Browns for 1 year since 2007

Goby
01-10-2013, 11:45 PM
HES AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT. He knows how to air it out ill give him that, thats all he knows how to do. Should mean good things for Josh Gordon and maybe Buttery Popcorn Greg Little

Confirmed for retard.

Greg Little could not buy a drop the last stretch of the season.

Seriously he was catching everything he really improved.

roadtrippin
01-10-2013, 11:46 PM
RIP Chudzinski

PervedOut
01-11-2013, 04:30 AM
In b4 Carolina flourishes next year and Cam Newton wins MVP

broseidon55
01-11-2013, 04:44 AM
Great fukkin hire for them. Are people forgetting that this guy once sent derick fukkin Anderson along with Braylon Edwards to the pro bowl?

dirtdickens
01-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Lol/10

fired as OC, hired as HC.

LightsXout28c
01-11-2013, 05:42 AM
He has a great offensive mind but sometimes he gets away from the running game. The panthers had 2 prow bowl caliber backs but chud would only give them 5 carries each a gm. Pisses the hell out of me. A lot of Panther fans were wanting him to get fired after this season.. Makes me mad Turner is the oc for the Browns, was wanting the Panthers to get him as oc, not sure what we'll do now.

Backus21
01-11-2013, 05:48 AM
I like the Chudzinski/Norv combo for the Browns. The defense is young and improving, plus this draft will help. The only thing sketchy about the Browns last year was the youth on the offense and now they have some more experience. Good hire and I look forward to next years match-ups Cleve brahs

JetLife21
01-11-2013, 05:58 AM
OP, you may want to wait until after Sunday to declare the Seahawks as your new team. I don't think you will be so upbeat about the Seachickens after the Falcons clap dem cheeks on Sunday.

MtnJax
01-11-2013, 05:59 AM
I don't think Norv is officially going to Cleveland yet. i'm hoping Rivera can poach him away and bring him to Carolina

i mean come one, who would Norv rather work with? Cam or Brandon Weeden?

Onita
01-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Another meh hire.

We'll see how it goes, but at least I'll save $$ on tickets next year.

thegenerel
01-11-2013, 08:21 AM
lol Browns, what a poverty franchise. the decision making of this organization makes Mike Brown look competent by comparison.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
lol his old HC is going to be working for him

PervedOut
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
You know its an issue when Steeler Nation is more excited about out HC hire than we are...........

AriGhold
01-11-2013, 08:27 AM
after sleeping on it for the night i like it. he's had success at each stop he has been. he gave the chargers some of their best offensive seasons with Philip rivers, the browns best offensive years since returning, and had success in 2011 with carolina. and the reason why he was fired from the browns is because the head coach was fired.

SwagMorris
01-11-2013, 08:28 AM
As a Panthers fan, lol.

AvgSizedPenis
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
I like the hire. The only thing I don't like is switching to a god damn mother phucking 3-4 defense. We have a nice rotation of tackles. Mr. Sheard flaps opposing linemens cheeks. A pass fisher on the other side, a linebacker, corner and free safety and the d is set.

AvgSizedPenis
01-11-2013, 08:36 AM
As a Panthers fan, lol.

Really, cuz the panthers aren't exactly accomplishing much.

Doober4
01-11-2013, 08:43 AM
You know its an issue when Steeler Nation is more excited about out HC hire than we are...........
Who cares what those hillbillies think, they are on the decline.

after sleeping on it for the night i like it. he's had success at each stop he has been. he gave the chargers some of their best offensive seasons with Philip rivers, the browns best offensive years since returning, and had success in 2011 with carolina. and the reason why he was fired from the browns is because the head coach was fired.

Exactly, excited to see what he can do with a great o line, RB and some deep threats.

Goby
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Lol/10

fired as OC, hired as HC.

He wasn't fired as OC.

I like this hire more and more.

Also glad to have aggression as a coach

ElMariachi
01-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Norv Turner as the OC? Trent Richardson fitting to run for about 1600 yards next season.

hublife
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Norv Turner as the OC? Trent Richardson fitting to run for about 1600 yards next season.

This.

Everyone in this section knows how I felt about Richardson being drafted too high... but with Norv Turner as his OC all he's gonna have to do is stay healthy and his entire career might be turned around.

I'm not a big fan of Chudzinski as an OC but being a good Head Coach is about hiring top assistants and steering the ship. Him getting Norv Turner to relocate from San Diego (arguably the nicest city in the country to live in) to Cleveland (arguably the sh!ttiest city in the country to live in) is a borderline miracle.

Nice hire, Cleveland.

PervedOut
01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I feel much better with the Norv Turner aspect of it

AriGhold
01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
This.

Everyone in this section knows how I felt about Richardson being drafted too high... but with Norv Turner as his OC all he's gonna have to do is stay healthy and his entire career might be turned around.

I'm not a big fan of Chudzinski as an OC but being a good Head Coach is about hiring top assistants and steering the ship. Him getting Norv Turner to relocate from San Diego (arguably the nicest city in the country to live in) to Cleveland (arguably the sh!ttiest city in the country to live in) is a borderline miracle.

Nice hire, Cleveland.

lol at a rookie who ran for almost 1,000 yards in 11 TDs needing his career turned around.

Goby
01-11-2013, 10:02 AM
lol at a rookie who ran for almost 1,000 yards in 11 TDs needing his career turned around.

While having broken ribs and knees

BUST OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS

Until the Browns start winning every move we make is going to be laughed at

Can't wait until season

AriGhold
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM

Can't wait until season

the dude has a serious vendetta against richardson. it's like he is martin's agent.

the only thing i don't like about this move is the potential switch to a 3-4. i always hate when teams switch it ****s up all the personnel and they are gonna have to waste most of this year's draft, without a 2nd round pick, to get some more 3-4 guys.

edit: 10,000th post. i would just like to say something to commemorate this moment

1. it's 1:17on a friday and michigan still sucks

http://i56.tinypic.com/23u37rl.gif

LikeAMachine
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Honestly the hire doesn’t matter. It’s a weak hire, for a **** team who can’t get out of their own way.

Brb talking about switching BACK to the 3-4?????

Brb 3 more years of ****

hublife
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Can't wait until season

the dude has a serious vendetta against richardson. it's like he is martin's agent.

I know you're 24 but are you actually this stupid to think that anyone actually "has a serious vendetta" against some random 22yr old RB???

I swear... you kids need to figure out some context for sports in your life.

AriGhold
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I know you're 24 but are you actually this stupid to think that anyone actually "has a serious vendetta" against some random 22yr old RB???

I swear... you kids need to figure out some context for sports in your life.

Well as a guy living in Arizona you come into any browns conversation and spew you hate on Richardson. So maybe it's not that far fetched

hublife
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Well as a guy living in Arizona you come into any browns conversation and spew you hate on Richardson. So maybe it's not that far fetched

Dude... I can't tell if you're just uber sensitive because your team sucks or if you're menstruating.

All I EVER said about Richardson was that he was drafted entirely too high. I thought he belonged around picks 18-32 NOT in the Top 5.

How is that "hate" against him???? Seems you would be intelligent enough to realize that's a knock on your shatty ass organization.

I think he'll be an adequate running back with a Fred Taylor like career.

Doober4
01-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Dude... I can't tell if you're just uber sensitive because your team sucks or if you're menstruating.

All I EVER said about Richardson was that he was drafted entirely too high. I thought he belonged around picks 18-32 NOT in the Top 5.

How is that "hate" against him???? Seems you would be intelligent enough to realize that's a knock on your shatty ass organization.

You need to stop hatin it's not good for your blood pressure, especially someone at let's say, "an advanced age".

hublife
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
You need to stop hatin it's not good for your blood pressure, especially someone at let's say, "an advanced age".

Browns - Indians - Cavs - Buckeyes

I just figured out why you're so sensitive.

live.laugh.love

It's Friday, homie!

evilsteve02
01-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Norv Turner as OC.

I get the immediate responce. I am glad i had no internet access when i found out this morning on my drive to work. I was shocked at first, but after settling in on it, i am not that upset. It actually makes a lot of sense especially if Norv Turner comes with him.

The one thing that makes me feel funky is the possible switch to a 3/4. I mean why do that when we are 7 deep on the o-line and we only really have 1 good linebacker to begin with...so i really think that could set our D back.

but overall; He is a much much better offensive mind than pat shurmer will ever be. He is also willing to work with talent instead of make the talent fit him (and because of that our players will be better). I am interested in who he hires as his assistants and scared for him because if he doesn't go at least 8-8 this season, the Browns are going to lose a ton of fans and he will be a hated man, I would possibly say more than Shurmer was.

evansanity
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Outta T-Town...hmm Kinda cool I guess. Hope he does well.

Goby
01-11-2013, 02:03 PM

I agree about the draft position actually.

Unless injuries were really holding him back and he has a monster year next year I think he will be a disappointment for #3.

Still he had a pretty good year.

He had to deal with Pat Shurmur offense as well.

SwagMorris
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Really, cuz the panthers aren't exactly accomplishing much.

Very good. You're catching on. Most Panthers fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

http://i.imgur.com/LWhxC.gif

Doober4
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I get the immediate responce. I am glad i had no internet access when i found out this morning on my drive to work. I was shocked at first, but after settling in on it, i am not that upset. It actually makes a lot of sense especially if Norv Turner comes with him.

The one thing that makes me feel funky is the possible switch to a 3/4. I mean why do that when we are 7 deep on the o-line and we only really have 1 good linebacker to begin with...so i really think that could set our D back.

but overall; He is a much much better offensive mind than pat shurmer will ever be. He is also willing to work with talent instead of make the talent fit him (and because of that our players will be better). I am interested in who he hires as his assistants and scared for him because if he doesn't go at least 8-8 this season, the Browns are going to lose a ton of fans and he will be a hated man, I would possibly say more than Shurmer was.

I disagree I think most of the fans will be behind him and support him, Shurmer was never accepted or wanted.

Goby
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Very good. You're catching on. Most Panthers fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

http://i.imgur.com/LWhxC.gif

lol Panthers

CleveDawgAware
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
playoffs srs

Anyone sheiting themselves about the 3-4 need to chill, we're better prepared for it than we were in the 4-3.

DE-Taylor-Poor man's Ngata, big/athletic.
NT-Rubin-no explanation needed
DE-Winn-Better suited for the 3-4 coming out of Boise St.

Jack-Sheard- Basically a mobile/non stationary DE, used like Ware. Stood up at the end of the year more often, was more productive as a result.
ILB-DQ-154 tackles in 08' in the 3-4 when he was healthy, hes fine.
ILB-Gocong-serviceable
OLB-Draft #6- Dion Jordan/(Or whatever OLB/DE Grades out Best)-Can play standing up, freak athlete, will only get bigger/better with NFL training regiment.

That's a good 3-4 front 7. Even this years defense was mid 20's overall, nothing spectacular. We have an abundance of big/fat tackle types, why not put them to use. Use FA/rest of the draft to fix the secondary up and thats a much improved D. Offensively, experience and an offseason is more important than adding any players. Would like to see a guard upgrade, maybe a vet WR...but all in all they just need more experience and a better playcaller than Shurmur.

Chud/Turner was a great hiring. This team hasn't been able to score worth a damn since '07, flexible/talented offensive minded coaches are what we need and what we got. Chud's from here, loves the town and has the total support of the Browns Brass.....I feel optimistic. Browns fans will look back in 7-10 years and see this was the point the organization made its return.

book it.

Onita
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
^^^ I hear the same thing every year and with every new regime. My expectations are tempered this time around.

AvgSizedPenis
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
lol Panthers

I know.....

bobcat11
01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Actually usually everyone is a pessimist phaggot like you but the real fans see the upside in this hire. General consensus on the Browns forums are positive, go root for the Seahawks though, good riddance.

I have been to Browns game in the snow, pre-season pouring rain, and even the game against the jags where we threw bottles on the field. I have watched every game since they came back. And what have they given me?

Not even one small glimmer of hope.

Goby
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I have been to Browns game in the snow, pre-season pouring rain, and even the game against the jags where we threw bottles on the field. I have watched every game since they came back. And what have they given me?

Not even one small glimmer of hope.

Way to bail when an offense that fits the talent is gonna be here

evilsteve02
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I disagree I think most of the fans will be behind him and support him, Shurmer was never accepted or wanted.

you believe if he starts out 0-5 that the fans won't want Chud's head? I disagree....

evilsteve02
01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
playoffs srs

Anyone sheiting themselves about the 3-4 need to chill, we're better prepared for it than we were in the 4-3.

DE-Taylor-Poor man's Ngata, big/athletic.
NT-Rubin-no explanation needed
DE-Winn-Better suited for the 3-4 coming out of Boise St.

Jack-Sheard- Basically a mobile/non stationary DE, used like Ware. Stood up at the end of the year more often, was more productive as a result.
ILB-DQ-154 tackles in 08' in the 3-4 when he was healthy, hes fine.
ILB-Gocong-serviceable
OLB-Draft #6- Dion Jordan/(Or whatever OLB/DE Grades out Best)-Can play standing up, freak athlete, will only get bigger/better with NFL training regiment.

That's a good 3-4 front 7. Even this years defense was mid 20's overall, nothing spectacular. We have an abundance of big/fat tackle types, why not put them to use. Use FA/rest of the draft to fix the secondary up and thats a much improved D. Offensively, experience and an offseason is more important than adding any players. Would like to see a guard upgrade, maybe a vet WR...but all in all they just need more experience and a better playcaller than Shurmur.

Chud/Turner was a great hiring. This team hasn't been able to score worth a damn since '07, flexible/talented offensive minded coaches are what we need and what we got. Chud's from here, loves the town and has the total support of the Browns Brass.....I feel optimistic. Browns fans will look back in 7-10 years and see this was the point the organization made its return.

book it.

i believe that. The main thing is if the team thinks we can switch to a 3/4 with no serious additions, they are kidding themselves. Sheard is fast and strong enough to line up or stand up, but we def need to use FA and the Draft to add to the depth chart. I believe Parker and Frosty are both FA's after this year, so really it means we have our D-line on the roster right now, for next season in a 3/4.