PDA

View Full Version : 21 Years Old. 422 Pounds. I need help.

Life2Death
01-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Hello, I am a bit ashamed and embarrased, honestly. I feel the need to change myself for my health and for my esteem. I have low self esteem and get put down by others. I want to lose weight and right now I am here to ask you for your help. You can tell me what I am, and I will not be sadden(I am used to it) but anyone who can give me advice I will take it by heart. I cannot afford a gym membership for this month, but I want to start at least with my diet. I am used to eating fast food since its cheap, but cheap has its toll, my current state. I am not morbid obese, I can walk and sprint for a minute when needed. I work a 40 hour shift standing and walking in retail store. I just eat lots of fast food. :( I know I am young but at this rate i living like a 50 year old unhealthy. Thank you for reading and helping me change myself.

- A.

tmartin89
01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Hello, I am a bit ashamed and embarrased, honestly. I feel the need to change myself for my health and for my esteem. I have low self esteem and get put down by others. I want to lose weight and right now I am here to ask you for your help. You can tell me what I am, and I will not be sadden(I am used to it) but anyone who can give me advice I will take it by heart. I cannot afford a gym membership for this month, but I want to start at least with my diet. I am used to eating fast food since its cheap, but cheap has its toll, my current state. I am not morbid obese, I can walk and sprint for a minute when needed. I work a 40 hour shift standing and walking in retail store. I just eat lots of fast food. :( I know I am young but at this rate i living like a 50 year old unhealthy. Thank you for reading and helping me change myself.

- A.

First of all congrats on taking that first step. The first thing you need to do is go to the nutrition page and read the stickies on there. Diet is all you need right now to lose weight. Good luck.

CS123
01-10-2013, 12:28 AM
This is brave man! You are gonna make it. On nutrition alone you can get the first 100 - 150 lbs of easy. Like said above go to the nutrition page and read as much as you can. Basically you calculate your maintenance level, this is the intake of calories to keep your weight the same. If you calculated this you want to go in a deficit this can be quite high for because you're obese so a bit higher deficit will get you faster weight loss :D. Than you wanna learn about macro's this are the nutriŽnts in your food. You want to know how much carb's, protein and fat you take. If you search for macro's you'll find it ;). Trust me you can do this with a 100% commitement to your diet. I've been there ;).

unleashthelion
01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
No need to be ashamed or embarrassed.

You can start forgiving yourself and realize that you were probably coping through food. Coping from what, that's something you will have to figure out. I know you like fast food, but no one becomes 400lbs through merely liking fast food. If you can get at what the underlying problem is, you can start forgiving yourself for the weight gain. As for remedying the weight issue, it's all about calories; you just have far too much stored energy on your body.

You have, at least, 700,000 calories in the form of fat storage (200lbs) that you need to remove to have a long, healthy life. It is not important to exercise; you have such a fast metabolism right now, you may burn 4000+ just by going to work and living your normal life. So, if you eat 3000 calories, you can use up 1000+ of your storage - which will slowly, but surely, be depleted until the point it is all gone. With the calories you eat, you can eat whatever you want. The body just sees calories as calories, protein as protein, and carbs as carbs, etc. You don't have to quit fast food or go on some crazy restriction diet, just focus on limiting calories.

Best of luck, man, and stay on here. No matter how your journey is, keep reading and asking questions. This is a fantastic community and none of us want to see you leave, as we know it can mean that you continue down the unhealthy path.

Bigulp
01-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Nah, hes big enough to support a far larger deficit then a 1000 calories. Just gradually increase your deficit as you get use to the hunger. Weight will fly off. Make sure you actually weigh your food and count all your calories though.

Life2Death
01-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Thank you for the helpful comments, I have been reading the nutrition pages and I want to control my calories, I dont know how much I should cap my daily calories tho.

CS123
01-10-2013, 01:00 AM
You probably have like days were you eat almost the same things. Just take some time to write out everything you eat on a typical day. So not a dietday just for example yesterday. Then count al the calories and just get an idea of what your intake is at this moment.

Life2Death
01-10-2013, 01:02 AM
You probably have like days were you eat almost the same things. Just take some time to write out everything you eat on a typical day. So not a dietday just for example yesterday. Then count al the calories and just get an idea of what your intake is at this moment.

You are correct, my routine eat is almost the same meal, the golden arches... I will look into it and post back, Thanks

edit: approx 4500 calories on average.

gabrielsyler
01-10-2013, 01:05 AM
you should go see a doctor first and get yourself checked out and check your ticker etc. Whilst loosing weight and getting fit is good for you, if you've not done it for a while it could cause problems if not done carefully. The doc may also be able to prescribe you something to assist with the first chunk of weight loss (such as duromine)

unleashthelion
01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
As for how many calories to eat, I've been very happy eating 2000 calories a day since I was a bit heavier than you. I've never deviated or "cheated" and I feel it is plenty of food for me.

I think 2000 is the lowest you would want to go and 3000 is the highest. You can even put yourself on a range: between 2000 and 2500, for example, so you can eat more on some days.

CS123
01-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Seeing a doctor is never wrong but that's up to you. Okay so your average is 4500 calories. I don't know exact numbers you might want to google this or ask to a expert. But I would advice you to go on a 1000 calorie deficit and no more. So your intake should be around 3000-3500. 500 calorie variation because we don't know if 4500 calories is your maintenance. Have you grown in the last say like 4 weeks? With average days of 4500?

Life2Death
01-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Seeing a doctor is never wrong but that's up to you. Okay so your average is 4500 calories. I don't know exact numbers you might want to google this or ask to a expert. But I would advice you to go on a 1000 calorie deficit and no more. So your intake should be around 3000-3500. 500 calorie variation because we don't know if 4500 calories is your maintenance. Have you grown in the last say like 4 weeks? With average days of 4500?

A Little yes, I been feeling more tired due to work, and I feel heavier. But most of the time I dont notice my own weight burdening me. So yeah, ive felt like ive been eating more than before, but at around the 4500 range.

CS123
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Okay this is my advice, and be aware that there are a lot of different methods and you just need to chose wich one feels best for you. I won't go on a to big calorie deficit because you are working and you need some energy. And here's a reality check say your goal would be to lose 220 lbs. At first this goes fast than it goes somewhat slower. So you might need 1,5 to 2 years to achieve this goal. So if you take a diet wich is hard for you to maintain it's more likely you gonna drop out. So I would recommend 3000 calorie intake with foods you like. Try to get some healthy food in as well. Keep very close track of your goals. Weigh weekly take a picture in the same stand every 2 to 4 weeks. Drink plenty of water. And most of all keep motivation high. Have a cheat meal every now and then, what would be a good cheat meal? A meal on wich you won't feel guilty afterwards. And as the weight drops off keep setting goals and achieve them and set them again :P.

Be aware: you won't need cardio or weight training to lose a big amount of weight. It's certainly helpful but if you don't like it and it's in the way of losing weight don't do it.

You can do this!

DeadDips
01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Bro. Congrats on taking the first step! Don't worry, we here at BB.com will help you all we can!

The best advice I can give is (obviously) stop with the fast food! You can't out-evercise a bad diet. Unless you're Michael Phelps who swims 4-6 hours a day.
Wake up early to prepare a home cooked meal. Whole foods are the best!

Replace sodas with water. Plain water. Helps reduce your calorie intake by 1/3 of daily intake.

You don't REALLY need a gym membership unless you're following a weight training program, so don't worry about it. I recommend the 5 to 5k program for cardio. Just remember to reach your Optimum Heart Rate when doing cardio for effective weight lost :)

Well, that's all the advice I can give you so far. If you're into weight training, give Starting Strength a try!
One more thing, forget those that tease you about your weight. When you're exercising, think of their faces when they see the new you after you lost weight for motivation!
All the best :)

curjo
01-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Like everyone else said great job for taking the first step, also I would bet that you are taking in more than 4500 calories a day. It's very easy to do with fast food, like the post above says first thing is to cut out any liquid calories. Second thing to look at, and where a lot of hidden calories come from is condiments. I used to douse things in ketchup and I would never have thought that it was bad for me, I mean, it's just tomatoes right? Well ketchup and most condiments are loaded with sugar. Good luck with your journey and if you never need any advise or just want to talk feel free to pm me, I'm not to where I need to be yet but I'm down over 100lbs from my starting weight and I know what your going through.

kilroy223
01-10-2013, 02:38 AM
good luck brah.

just remember its going to be a whole lifestyle change.....for the better!

carnage1985
01-10-2013, 02:40 AM
Good luck bro.

Never give up.

dmacdonal9
01-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Here mate, read through this stuff. It'll tell you everything you need to know, in detail, absorb it carefully.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851)
2. Calculate your calories and macros (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981)
3. Eat about 30% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com). Here's how to count properly. (http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the-art-science-of-calorie-counting/)
6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224). Why not your own routine? Read this. (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118004321)
7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.

whitefire98
01-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Good luck man. It is not easy at the beginning, but just realize it takes time. If you do things right, your body will change - it will have no choice.

jimsmith9999
01-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Nothing major to add except to say congrats for taking the first step and deciding to make the change. You have nothing to be embarrassed about - you should be proud of the fact that you are taking ownership of your problem.

I'd also add, don't worry too much about the gym right now if you can afford it. Even if you could, I'd say focus on nailing the nutritional side of things first. Changing too much at once can be a challenge.

I was never as big as you, but I was around 245lb at my worst, and ate a horrible diet, lots of fast food, ect, ect. At that size, I dropped 25lb by just making smarter food choices. I did things like stopped having the deep fried meat burritos for lunch and had a subway sub instead. I cut out snacking. I stopped ordering pizza's and eating the whole thing. There is a lot of small changes that can be made with your lifestyle and size that can result in weight loss (by reducing the number of calories you eat in a day)

One other thing I want to add for when you do go to the gym. as I've seen this come up a fair amount in real life. If this doesn't apply to you, then disregard it. I'm one of the fit guys that can lift a pretty decent amount of weight in the gym. I'm anything but intimidating, but I'm the kind of person in the gym that a lot of new people do find intimidating. The reason that I bring that up is that I want you to know that when I see someone your size step into the gym, and I still see them there weeks later - I am nothing but impressed. Far more impressed than seeing some one bench or deadlift a huge amount of weight. Far more impressed than seeing the really big or really fit dudes. Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't be intimidated.

Riffo
01-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Just some simple changes to your diet will lead right away to weight loss before you even join a gym. Cut the soda, the french fries, etc.

opabarbosa
01-10-2013, 06:04 AM
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

you're 21... wake up

good luck mate, you're on the right place here... welcome

WarEagle0086
01-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Welcome you picked the perfect place to learn.like they said some simple changes today will do wonders and read posts until your eyes cross. That is the easy part though staying motivated is the hard part. It's not that eating healthy is Soo hard it's easy, taste good, and makes you full. Problem is the Drive thru and restaurants are extremely easy. I suggest checking out some of the Transformations on here there are plenty of guys that have done it already. crooktele79 and Sevb33 come to mind with similar starting Weights. Also as a "second tier" motivation larrysmojo was 260 and he's a Beast now. Good Luck

MeloV2
01-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Good luck, getting fit will be the best decision you ever make in life.

ThreeIsMe
01-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Someone mentioned replacing sodas with water. Don't under-estimate the importance of doing this.

bobbydigitaloa
01-10-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm subbing to this! I made a transformation a couple times in my life and I am here to tell you this is no joke! It makes me very happy to see you taking the first step and I want you to know you are not alone. There are days that you will want to quit; DON'T! Surround yourself with people that want you to succeed...I want you to!!!

We love seeing the big changes in pictures, etc. but one thing that made it work for me was taking day by day, meal by meal. It only takes one person saying, "Hey, you're looking good" and that will supercharge this for you! It will give you more drive and energy than an pill you could ever take.

Congrats and I'm pulling for you! Go get it!!

Zoso1116
01-10-2013, 08:47 AM
First of all good job and congratulations on deciding to change your life, it's the first step everyone has to take and probably the hardest! Here are some tips that others may or may not have mentioned to help you reach your goal.

1. Start off slow. Don't cut your calories too drastically at first, it will be extremely difficult and possibly discouraging. Also don't try to go too crazy in the gym or running because you haven't spoken to a doctor to evaluate how much you can exert your body safely. After the first week or so you should have an idea of how much you can safely handle.

2. Healthy food isn't cheap, but if you buy raw foods (potatoes, rice, chicken, etc.) and cook them yourself they can actually save you money! especially if you aren't eating tons of it in order to keep your calories low.

3. Constantly find sources of motivation. Find a person or athlete that you want to look like and put their picture on your fridge or desk. Everyone has ups and downs and sometimes its hard to stay on track but I've found that visiting this site at least every other day helps me stay motivated.

And of course, goodluck! If you believe in yourself it will happen!

billthekill2012
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Here mate, read through this stuff. It'll tell you everything you need to know, in detail, absorb it carefully.

1. Get rid of your misconceptions (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851)
2. Calculate your calories and macros (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981)
3. Eat about 30% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com). Here's how to count properly. (http://www.fitnessfactreview.com/the-art-science-of-calorie-counting/)
6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224). Why not your own routine? Read this. (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118004321)

+1
Solid stuff.

unleashthelion
01-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Someone mentioned replacing sodas with water. Don't under-estimate the importance of doing this.

If you love soda and you'll have a blasting headache for a few days when you quit it, pick your battles and drink two a day. Your calories allow for it, so feel free to imbibe.

People have to understand that some need to crawl before they can walk.

andyat11
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Lots of helpful comments above. Be willing to know, you will have to deal with hunger pains. With dieting that comes a long and you know what it can be the most difficult thing to overcome. Some people use appetite suppressant products (most are cheap) but with being in your state, it might be wise to ask a doctor if it would be ok for you. Most of them can be hard on the heart a bit. Also, since you are tight on money, go to the grocery store and get some more filling foods (places like costco might work well because you can buy foods in bulk). You don't have to cut out fast food, but you must limit it. Not to be rude but I dont think your the kinda guy before today that would go to McDonalds and just order a big mac meal and thats all the fast food you eat in the day. TBH, fast food seems cheap at first but it adds up and buying food from a store knowing what to buy and quantity and sales, will always help you save that money. Just know that this will take time and not give up. If you slip up a bit, don't get discouraged and throw your progress out the window. Move on from any mistake you make, we all make them time to time.

Crooktele79
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Lots of good advice in here bro. Just want to say good luck and hang in there! I know it seems like an impossible hill to climb but it's not. Once the weight starts coming off it will get easier and easier.

TheBedouin
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Its admirable that you have taken the decision to change and are ready for the journey (this is the hardest step).

Look for bodyweight exercises that you can do at home with no equipment, you can fashion them in a curcuit workout.
Since you do not have access to the gym I believe this is the best step.

Concerning nutrition yes the range of 2000-3000 calories sounds about right, you can either count calories or just choose to eat only unprocessed food (this eliminates the need to "count" 98% of the time)

Cut out soda, french fries (fried / fast food) and any sugar or candy. That will help you drop fast initially and that should give you motivation.
------------------------

1) find a bodyweight program you can do at home. Follow it (at least 3 times per week and the rest you can just walk around)

2) find a nutritional diet that works for you

Just make the right choices, and learn from your mistakes. We all slip, just dont stay down too long.

Use this thread to ask questions and post your thoughts, we'll see this through with you.

If you need to check in every other day or start a log, thats what this forum is for and support will be found )

JMcC775
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Just to give you an idea on food cost for me a day

6 eggs breakfast: 75cents
3 chicken breast(baked): 4 bucks
5 cups vegetables: 1 buck
Three cups brown rice: 50 cents

I have a chicken breast, bit more than a cup of vegetables, and a cup of rice per meal about three hours apart.
The above is four meals for me at about 1600 or more when I'm watching my intake. Just a bit over 6 dollars. One meal from fast food is easily that. You could add a few sodas and even two more meals and be well under 10 bucks and well under 3000. I don't see many people hungry when eating 6-7 meals a day. Best of luck ill be following this so I expect you to follow through and at least start the diet.

One easy thing to do is just walk up and down stairs at home. Keep private from neighbors and go as long as you can. If you can't do much now after you diet for awhile you'll be impressed how far you'll go. Another idea is sitting in a dining room chair and standing back up over and over.

Again best of luck

omnisis
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
To the OP:

It takes balls to come on a site like this and make a public proclamation that you need help and are seeking advice. You are taking a difficult first step towards a better path. Read the stickies in this and the nutrition and workout forums and don't feel ashamed of yourself. Use your new accountability to motivate you. Ask for help when you need it and don't expect perfection from yourself and get all downtrodden when you have a setback (there will be some of those, just embrace it and keep going). You are in control, not the food, not others who don't believe in you. Just you...and the power to change your life for the better is totally within your grasp. Best of Luck!

BigJoe96
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
What you need is a appetite suppressor, I need one too, which I've obtained.

Ask around, Oxyelite Pro has worked for me.

Drink lots of water.

If anything, just go to subway, it's like eating 6 cheeseburgers from McDonalds and it's healthier, get wheat bread, has a lot of fiber and it'll fill you up.

RhinoBody
01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Okay this is my advice, and be aware that there are a lot of different methods and you just need to chose wich one feels best for you. I won't go on a to big calorie deficit because you are working and you need some energy. And here's a reality check say your goal would be to lose 220 lbs. At first this goes fast than it goes somewhat slower. So you might need 1,5 to 2 years to achieve this goal. So if you take a diet wich is hard for you to maintain it's more likely you gonna drop out. So I would recommend 3000 calorie intake with foods you like. Try to get some healthy food in as well. Keep very close track of your goals. Weigh weekly take a picture in the same stand every 2 to 4 weeks. Drink plenty of water. And most of all keep motivation high. Have a cheat meal every now and then, what would be a good cheat meal? A meal on wich you won't feel guilty afterwards. And as the weight drops off keep setting goals and achieve them and set them again :P.

Be aware: you won't need cardio or weight training to lose a big amount of weight. It's certainly helpful but if you don't like it and it's in the way of losing weight don't do it.

You can do this!

Former fatty here(310lbs). Wise words here^^^. I started out making very small changes. Burger and fries became burger and cottage cheese. Then Sandwich and cottage cheese. Then sandwich and side salad. You don't have to kill yourself in the gym or starve yourself to lose the weight. You just need to be consistent and patient.

transformerchad
01-11-2013, 01:32 AM
iv been on the obese side so i know what it feels like to be fat and have a low self esteem (which im still working on boosting) i started out by cutting out all sweets and chocolates just as a start ( i now eat them in moderation) focus on getting in smaller meals throughout the day - it helps with hunger example: breakfast: eggs + oats , snack: banana , lunch: chicken breast with a cup of brown rice and veggies , snack: 2 tbs peanut butter , dinner: lean beef stirfry with seasonal veggies , snack: cottage cheese with blue berries
the frequent meals and clean eating will make drastic change.
hope i gave u some useful info
all the best man , losing weight is a marathon not a sprint just remember that

Allingham
01-11-2013, 02:10 AM

- A.

Hey,

I'm also 21 and at the beginning of this year weighed 417 pounds. I am a few inches taller than you are and have been working out intermittently for a while so may have a little more muscle mass but for all intents and purposes we are in very much the same boat except that I'm a student and thus am not as active in the general course of my day. I thought I would post to say that the advice in here, from what I have experienced so far, is correct. I aim for 2000 - 2500 calories a day but I often (as often as 4 times a week) end up considerably over this; as such I probably averaged around 3000 calories over the entirety of my journey so far. I lost 6.4 pounds the first week and am down 3 pounds so far this week. Far from exceptional weight loss, and some water weight of course, but I am moving in the right direction.

I also can't yet afford a gym membership so workout at home. Primarily with a dumbell, a kettlebell and bodyweight exercises.

You would, I'm sure, be welcome to come over to the fat loss competition thread and play along with us even if krete won't let you officially join. There are some really supportive people there and at least one other person our size (although he is far stricter than I am with the changes and as such is doing better!).

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do!

anto666
01-11-2013, 02:18 AM
hey dude dont stress your determination to change will get you there. All i can say is good on you and best of luck i know you will make it

FearNoHardship
01-11-2013, 02:31 AM
well advice already given is solid so ill just say is stay committed, never give up and best of luck op. Meet your goals.

rudd4y
01-11-2013, 02:40 AM
I think you won't go far wrong following what the guys have said here. Your biggest obsiticle is going to be putting that information to action and sticking to it. You need to really want this so much for yourself, not for anyone else. Don't let people tell you its easy because it isn't. your habitually addicted to eating fatty foods, maybe for comfort. The first few weeks will be the hardest put please please please stick to it!!!. Once you go several weeks and start to see progress thats when hopefully your food addiction will be replaced with fitness addiction.

I wish you all the look in the world. remember you can do this! you will slip up... but just keep getting back up stronger everytime.

Peace

SheepOnAcid
01-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Great advice here. Btw op, fast food is an addiction in some people, like alcohol is for others. If I lay off fast food for a few days, the cravings subside. Maybe u can try it and see for urself.

tehruoppstet
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
It's ok dude you took the first step! Admiting you have a problem ok? First STOP with the fast food! Too much sodium and fat and all kinds of crap! And second NO MORE SODA! Too much high fructose corn suryup!. You can run that's good run as far as you can every night trust me I know it's hard but I'm 17 I work part time 20 hours a week an with school, work and 2 gym memberships I know it's hard but you can do it man!!!

StacksItRich
01-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Just eat 2,000 calories of healthy food. A lot of veggies, chicken, fruit, and oatmeal. Not of that fit junk in 2,000 calorie bs for a man your size. Eat healthy, don't cheat, learn to count and measure food or you will be fat forever. At the end if your quest in a couple years you will be lean and be social and get girls. Then people you knew are fat instead and out of shape and jealous of you. True story for a lot of people on here including me. Keep it simple and you won't fail and eat healthy foods you like.

Life2Death
01-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you all for your advice, I have been reading the stickies and I also have read through the nutrition page of this amazing website. I went to the groceries and bought veggies and fruits and some whole grain bread. I have started today with not passing over 2000 calories, I have stopped drinking soda as well. I bought cases of water bottles and I got those individual lipton tea packs to give them flavor.

Anyone could advice me on good healthy meals i could make in the morning to take to work to avoid fast food? Thank you so much guys.

Fostico
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Thank you all for your advice, I have been reading the stickies and I also have read through the nutrition page of this amazing website. I went to the groceries and bought veggies and fruits and some whole grain bread. I have started today with not passing over 2000 calories, I have stopped drinking soda as well. I bought cases of water bottles and I got those individual lipton tea packs to give them flavor.

Anyone could advice me on good healthy meals i could make in the morning to take to work to avoid fast food? Thank you so much guys.

Yeah sure, here the meal i take at the moment for almost every breakfast

4 White eggs ( about 60 calories )
60G of oatmeal ( about 220 Calories ) or If i add milk ( skim ) its about 280-300 calories for the oatmeal alone )
1 full egg

( You will for sure have to eat more than me since you need more calories, so I suggest you to add 1-2 slices of whole meat wheat bread ( should be around 200 calories for 2 slices )

instead of 60G of oatmeal ( that's about 1/2cup - 2/3 cup, take a full cup of oatmeal ) and if you like and add some bluberry on top of that )

Drink some water before your first meal, like 15-20 minutes before.

throttlebull
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
good luck dude. Hope you reach your goal.

Remember baby steps.

GarbageJedi
01-12-2013, 06:44 AM

^^^
This. I read this when I first joined here and it opened my eyes. Good luck on your new life!

Life2Death
06-16-2013, 04:50 AM
hello I am posting an update, I lost access to my account and finally was able to recover it.

I lost 20 lbs just by not eating fast food everyday( only saturday) and I want to start getting a healthy diet, any advice would be good from you all. thank you for looking!

pauskocak
06-16-2013, 05:47 AM
hello I am posting an update, I lost access to my account and finally was able to recover it.

I lost 20 lbs just by not eating fast food everyday( only saturday) and I want to start getting a healthy diet, any advice would be good from you all. thank you for looking!

Dude, what daily calorie are u on? U can lose a lot more than 20lbs in 6 months. You need to start eating clean food, and lift weight, find a 12 week program. I bet in 12 week u could lose around 60lbs ez. Maybe more

Bluesmoker
06-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Some days you are going to be feeling downright crap thats how life goes, you'll probably be tempted to go out and binge, instead come look at the motivation thread on here and think about why you are doing this.

Good luck!

Violander
06-16-2013, 06:27 AM

Good job.
You can speed that up easily.

Couple of advices:

Dont overdo it with good. In my experience people that go on diets that are too far outside their comfort end up ditching the diet very fast.
So start eating healthy, no doubt, but don't cut your calories intake by 200%.

Just the thing about saturday - screw the cheat days, man. Make yourself not want that burger even if it's just once a week.

Your 'transformation' will only work if you really want to do it. To really want to do it, don't look at it as a diet, look at it as a new way of life/ new way of eating.

I don't even remember that last time I ate from a fast food joint. And that's coming from a person who, in the first year of uni, ate a subway sandwich a day (and I mean every day)

ritchiedrama
06-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Keep going man. Sky is the limit, when/if people put you down, push harder.

Enjoy a treat every now and again if you have your macro's sorted, you can fit foods in there so you stay on track and don't fall off the wagon - don't punish yourself too much because it can lead to all sorts of crap. You live once, you've realised what needs to change so just keep pushing :)