PDA

View Full Version : Who is the #1 pick in the draft this year?

waytoodeep03
01-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Last year it was clear Luck was the guy

Year before that Cam

So who is #1 this year? I dont have a clue. Is this draft class that bad?

Beginning of the season people thought Barkley was the guy but he sux some terribad

walkingstick22
01-09-2013, 12:19 PM
draft class is not that good this year, still some solid players at most positions but no elite prospects.. I think Geno Smith goes #1 to KC

ErickSRT4
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Geno Smith is no where near the #1 overall player in this draft. I'll feel bad for KC if they draft him.

Patient Bear
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
draft class is not that good this year, still some solid players at most positions but no elite prospects.. I think Geno Smith goes #1 to KC

Luke Joeckel? Jarvis Jones could be a top 10 pick if it weren't for injury concerns. This class is stacked with linemen

cchar042
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM

And the 25 year streak continues.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/its-been-a-quarter-century-since-a-quarterback-the-kansas-city-chiefs-drafted-started-and-won-a-game-for-them/

scotyg
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Newton wasn't the "clear #1" until after the combine. this time in 2011 people were all mocking Bowers or Fairley to the panthers

we'll know a lot more come late February

does this sound similar to this year?

Being first to choose in the 2011 NFL draft creates a tough situation for first-year head coach Ron Rivera and the Carolina Panthers. It’s not that the draft is lacking in elite talent (there’s plenty to be had), it’s just that no one player really stands out from the rest at the top end.

It’s a situation I wouldn’t wish upon anyone (well, maybe Al Davis, he’d at least make things interesting). This will be Rivera’s first pick as a head coach and could go a long way toward determining his legacy with the Panthers, so he really needs to make the most of it. I think the right choice here is Clemson defensive end Da’Quan Bowers.

A new regime usually means a new quarterback, so why am I not putting the top pick under center? Simply put, I don’t feel any quarterback in this year’s draft is worthy of the first overall selection. There are too many questions surrounding this quarterback class, and too much defensive talent available.

waytoodeep03
01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Knowing Andy Reid he will draft an urban ute at QB then a scatback in the second round

BrettT07
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Based on what I've read while most don't consider Geno Smith a #1 pick, most KC fans want him over anyone because qb is supposed to be an enormous need, and none of the 'bpa' players fit a position of need.

I just wonder, is Geno a system qb? I've only seen a little bit of him, and he made good throws sometimes, but all Qb's do (McCarron was making beautiful throws against ND, particularly the over the shoulder throw to Jones and the sideline pass to Cooper, and td pass to Cooper.. And he's getting no hype for his NFL career). It just seemed based on the little I watched that his receivers get open big time and rack up yac.

But then, Tyler Wilson has Hamilton and Barkley has Woods and Lee.

I don't know much about Glennon.

Out of those I don't know who KC would do best with. Most seem to want Smith with Wilson being the secondary choice.

B0B4Life
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Glennon is terrible he'll be out of the league in 5 years

scotyg
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Based on what I've read while most don't consider Geno Smith a #1 pick, most KC fans want him over anyone because qb is supposed to be an enormous need, and none of the 'bpa' players fit a position of need.

I just wonder, is Geno a system qb? I've only seen a little bit of him, and he made good throws sometimes, but all Qb's do (McCarron was making beautiful throws against ND, particularly the over the shoulder throw to Jones and the sideline pass to Cooper, and td pass to Cooper.. And he's getting no hype for his NFL career). It just seemed based on the little I watched that his receivers get open big time and rack up yac.

Out of those I don't know who KC would do best with. Most seem to want Smith with Wilson being the secondary choice.

Im more nervous about Geno then most. he has a good skillset but is not good under pressure or adversity. Far too many stat drop with him, too.

Most people like Wilson. He has a good arm and is extremely tough and is a leader. But his concussions are a red flag and he has some accuracy problems coming from his mechanics.

I dont think Barkley is as bad as people make him out to be, but he probably has the lowest ceiling out of these three.

At arrowhead pride there are 1000s upon 1000s of comments debating this subject. The current one about Tyler Wilson has over 700 replies.

notWilliam
01-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Reid has expressed extreme concern over the lack of a NFL QB in KC.

Could easily see him taking Geno Smith.
QBs skyrocket in drafts.

ErickSRT4
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM

It's tough to say until we see him out of the system. He has the measurable's and he has a good arm, and he seems like he makes good decisions but then again he was playing in a Holgorsen spread offense against garbage defenses which is gonna inflate QB and WR numbers a little bit. The big key for him is where he goes. If he goes to a team that is gonna run a spread offense type attack or throw out of the shotgun a lot I think he could have moderate success. The knock on him is he doesn't have much experience going from under center and playing in a pro style offense.

Iczer
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Im more nervous about Geno then most. he has a good skillset but is not good under pressure or adversity. Far too many stat drop with him, too.

Most people like Wilson. He has a good arm and is extremely tough and is a leader. But his concussions are a red flag and he has some accuracy problems coming from his mechanics.

I dont think Barkley is as bad as people make him out to be, but he probably has the lowest ceiling out of these three.

At arrowhead pride there are 1000s upon 1000s of comments debating this subject. The current one about Tyler Wilson has over 700 replies.

I'm at Arrowhead Pride multiple times a day. I can say that I have no idea which QB I want. There has been some good points made about each QB, so I really just have to wait for the combine and see how the interviews go. But in reality, it's gotta be Geno, Wilson or Barkley. Reid is sure to get a veteran as well, so who that is we'll see. But I just don't get the mock drafts with KC taking Joeckel when we have a franchise LT in Albert already. Re-sign his ass and go for a QB.

As scotyg said, AP has some pretty thorough articles on Geno and Wilson so far...pretty good reads.

Tyler Wilson:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/9/3852120/tyler-wilson-chiefs-nfl-draft-pick-2013

Geno Smith:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/7/3848944/geno-smith-in-depth-after-watching-the-tape

ThaWorldIsYours
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
The Chiefs should seriously trade back and collect as many picks as they can. Trade back with somebody who wants Joeckel or Lotulelei or Moore really bad. Acquire extra picks. Draft Barkley in the 2nd round and use the rest of your picks on impact players at other positions.

If Barkley doesn't work out, then they'll be picking high again the next few years anyways, and can make a move for a true franchise QB. But taking Geno Smith at #1 just screams "horrible decision"

The only reason why they probably won't do this is that Andy Reid doesn't want to just sacrifice 2013 as a roster-building year or else he could be out of a job again.

I know the popular opinion about the Chiefs, especially before this season, was that "They're only a QB away." Well, QB is certainly their biggest need, but this team is obviously not as talented as everybody thought. Even with no quarterback, a super talented roster should have been able to win more than 2 games. Look at the Jets, who won 6 games in spite of Sanchez. Their roster isn't even that great when you look at it. Obviously the complete inept coaching of Romeo Crennel contributed a lot to that 2-14 record, but I still feel like their roster needs some big improvements away from the QB position, which is why trading back and stocking picks could be a great look for them. This isn't a top heavy draft. They should try to come away from this draft with 10+ picks.

Messiahtype
01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
It will be Geno but I think it's a god awful pick. I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd if I were a GM.

Fat Andy would be better off going after Matt Flynn, and Flynn isn't anything great.

Bezzz
01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
I could KC getting Vick and drafting someone in the 2nd.

Iczer
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
It's tough to say until we see him out of the system. He has the measurable's and he has a good arm, and he seems like he makes good decisions but then again he was playing in a Holgorsen spread offense against garbage defenses which is gonna inflate QB and WR numbers a little bit. The big key for him is where he goes. If he goes to a team that is gonna run a spread offense type attack or throw out of the shotgun a lot I think he could have moderate success. The knock on him is he doesn't have much experience going from under center and playing in a pro style offense.

I really don't understand how players can be knocked because they don't have much experience from going under center. Isn't that the least of your concern as a QB? I'd prefer a QB who can hit every throw on the field and teach him in the offseason how to play under center. I just think that it's getting old to use that as a reason to not like a player. Add onto the fact that Reid is likely to implement the west coast offense, and Geno ran the air raid at WVU.

From Wikipedia: The air raid offense is extremely pass heavy, in part because the quarterback is asked to audible in and out of plays depending on how the defense is aligned. Like the west coast offense, the air raid uses short passes as an extension of or even replacement for the running game. Instead of running the ball and maybe getting just 3 yards, the air raid uses a short pass in the hopes that the receiver can then turn that into 7 or 8 yards instead. The audible system is extremely important to the air raid offense. As such, as many as 90 percent of the run plays would be called at the line of scrimmage when the situation presented itself as an advantage.

So I'm just not seeing this as a big deal at all in this situation.

notWilliam
01-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I could KC getting Vick and drafting someone in the 2nd.

Theres no way this happens, Reid isnt going to risk anything with Vick anymore (nothing personal to Vick).

Madsen89
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Luke Joeckel, Star Lototui and Jarvis Jones will be the Top 3.

lsiberian
The Chiefs should seriously trade back and collect as many picks as they can. Trade back with somebody who wants Joeckel or Lotulelei or Moore really bad. Acquire extra picks. Draft Barkley in the 2nd round and use the rest of your picks on impact players at other positions.

Reid built the eagles up. I'm sure he can build the chiefs.

dougefresh93
Smith has ever a slightly above average workout he will be the top pick of the draft IMO. i'm curious to see if the Bills and or Cards reach on a QB in the 1st round.

Iczer
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Theres no way this happens, Reid isnt going to risk anything with Vick anymore (nothing personal to Vick).

It'll definitely be interesting to see what he does. It's almost guaranteed he brings in a veteran to battle out to start against whoever we draft. I wonder what the likelihood of Kolb getting cut to save money?

hublife
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Alex Smith to the Chiefs to run the West Coast Offense and take care of the football.

Take it to the bank.

notWilliam
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
It'll definitely be interesting to see what he does. It's almost guaranteed he brings in a veteran to battle out to start against whoever we draft. I wonder what the likelihood of Kolb getting cut to save money?

Arizona/Jags/KC are honestly locks to draft a QB first or second round.
Fans will stop coming if they dont even make an effort to address the most prominent position in da game srs.

If they get Geno with the first pick, hes starting most likely.
Competing against Cassell, dont see why they need to get a veteran QB here, KCs got a stud RB and a veteran headcoach.

scotyg
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM

If Barkley doesn't work out, then they'll be picking high again the next few years anyways, and can make a move for a true franchise QB. But taking Geno Smith at #1 just screams "horrible decision"

The only reason why they probably won't do this is that Andy Reid doesn't want to just sacrifice 2013 as a roster-building year or else he could be out of a job again.

I know the popular opinion about the Chiefs, especially before this season, was that "They're only a QB away." Well, QB is certainly their biggest need, but this team is obviously not as talented as everybody thought. Even with no quarterback, a super talented roster should have been able to win more than 2 games. Look at the Jets, who won 6 games in spite of Sanchez. Their roster isn't even that great when you look at it. Obviously the complete inept coaching of Romeo Crennel contributed a lot to that 2-14 record, but I still feel like their roster needs some big improvements away from the QB position, which is why trading back and stocking picks could be a great look for them. This isn't a top heavy draft. They should try to come away from this draft with 10+ picks.

Matt Cassel had 6 TDs (mostly garbage time), 12 INTs, and 6 fumbles in 9 games. Brady Quinn had 2 TDs, 8 INTs, and 1 fumble in his time.

Bowe is a good WR who has put up multiple 1000 yard seasons despite sh*t QB play.
Charles is a top 3 or 4 RB.
O-line is not bad. As a whole they were fuked by injuries all year, Winston was the only player who didnt miss a game. Starting center goes down 4 games into the season, Lilja has to play center for the first time in his career. Rookie Jeff Allen took over at LG. Albert got hurt later in the season and rookie Donald Stephenson started the last 6 or 7 games at LT and played well.

Defense also has a lot of talent, but was continually fuked over by our offense. If i remember right, we were down 17-0 in the 1st quarter against the Chargers because our offense had 3 turnovers deep in their own territory. Kept Baltimore out of the endzone. Held Denver to their lowest point total of the season.

It wasn't just our offense going 3 and out, it was the turnovers. It got to the point that if one of our drives ended in a punt, i considered it a successful offensive possession

However we definitely need a few upgrades- ILB, nickelback, free safety, maybe DE.

The only "trade back" id be happy about is if we traded back only a few spots (ie Cleveland/Minnesota last year). Some team might fall in love with a guy like Joekel or Star

Iczer
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Arizona/Jags/KC are honestly locks to draft a QB first or second round.
Fans will stop coming if they dont even make an effort to address the most prominent position in da game srs.

If they get Geno with the first pick, hes starting most likely.
Competing against Cassell, dont see why they need to get a veteran QB here, KCs got a stud RB and a veteran headcoach.

I agree with this except for the Cassel part. I think there's no way he comes back. He's not a starter and KC fans will riot if he starts another game just like they'll riot if we don't select a QB.

notWilliam
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Matt Cassel had 6 TDs (mostly garbage time), 12 INTs, and 6 fumbles in 9 games. Brady Quinn had 2 TDs, 8 INTs, and 1 fumble in his time.

Bowe is a good WR who has put up multiple 1000 yard seasons despite sh*t QB play.
Charles is a top 3 or 4 RB.
O-line is not bad. As a whole they were fuked by injuries all year, Winston was the only player who didnt miss a game. Starting center goes down 4 games into the season, Lilja has to play center for the first time in his career. Rookie Jeff Allen took over at LG. Albert got hurt later in the season and rookie Donald Stephenson started the last 6 or 7 games at LT and played well.

Defense also has a lot of talent, but was continually fuked over by our offense. If i remember right, we were down 17-0 in the 1st quarter against the Chargers because our offense had 3 turnovers deep in their own territory. Kept Baltimore out of the endzone. Held Denver to their lowest point total of the season.

It wasn't just our offense going 3 and out, it was the turnovers. It got to the point that if one of our drives ended in a punt, i considered it a successful offensive possession

Bowe is overrated.
His stats may be good, but most of it has come from garbage time.

From what Ive seen, hes been the reason for 2 of Cassell's INTs and wouldnt take a hit/go for a manageable ball across the middle.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Ive always seen him as a garbage time monster who isnt as talented as his stats suggest.

I agree with this except for the Cassel part. I think there's no way he comes back. He's not a starter and KC fans will riot if he starts another game just like they'll riot if we don't select a QB.

if they draft geno smith, it means they believe in him.

he will start no question.

Iczer
01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Bowe is overrated.

From what Ive seen, hes been the reason for 2 of Cassell's INTs and wouldnt take a hit/go for a manageable ball across the middle.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Ive always seen him as a garbage time monster who isnt as talented as his stats suggest.

Bowe has never had a legitimate QB since he's been in KC. His QB's have been Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Tyler Palko, Matt Cassel. Not a very stellar list of QB's. I just don't know if he'll fit in Reid's style of play.

About Cassel though...his cap hit will be $7.5m next year. There's no way a backup QB will be here making that money.

scotyg
01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Bowe is overrated.

ya he definitely has had issues with his hands in the past but he is still by far our best option. People forget he led the league in rec TDs in 2010 and made some great plays doing it.

luckily Reid is someone i trust with this decision

i just want somebody, man

waytoodeep03
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
ya he definitely has had issues with his hands in the past but he is still by far our best option. People forget he led the league in rec TDs in 2010 and made some great plays doing it.

i just want somebody, man

Colin Klein not good enough?

scotyg
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Colin Klein not good enough?

i dont think anybody ever thought he would be an NFL QB

B0B4Life
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Cody Zeller

911medic
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
just finished reading an article at Yahoo Sports about Luke Joeckel being the first pick in the draft. Can't say that I'd disagree with this.

Jarvis Jones will go high in the draft. I'd guess top 3-5 picks.

ko5567
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Luke Joeckel

Coming out of college i'd say he's almost at the same level as when matt kalil came out.

NorrinRadd12
01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Do the Chiefs have the balls?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130107110627-chance-warmack-single-image-cut.jpg

IawI
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Joeckel or Smith would be my guess.

Miked1978

I just don't buy into the whole system QB thing anymore. Aaron Rodgers was once considered a system QB.

Glennon is terrible he'll be out of the league in 5 years

Yeah everytime i see him he sucks. I think people are just intrigued by his size.

IawI

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130107110627-chance-warmack-single-image-cut.jpg

TBH, I hope the Jags can trade down a couple times and draft him. He's going to be a stud on the next level.

scotyg
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Luke Joeckel

Coming out of college i'd say he's almost at the same level as when matt kalil came out.

imo hes better then Kalil. however if we re-sign brandon albert then we don't need him (assuming albert checks out physically with his back). Albert was tied with Clady and a few other full-time LTs for fewest sacks surrendered this seaon: 1. Donald Stephenson (rookie from Oklahoma) stepped in when Albert was hurt and played very well. He's a future starter.

Warmack? he'll be great, but no reason for us to draft him.

Our line is built for ZBS and you can usually find those guys a bit later. All of our interior guys are also young; Asamoah is the oldest at 24, Hudson and Allen are both 23. So why go for a power guy that high?

LeonardShelby
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Hopefully Bears can pick up Barret Jones and get some decent linemen finally.

Trapstar4.4
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
tyler bray, top 3

book it! book it now cot damnit

ko5567
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
imo hes better then Kalil. however if we re-sign brandon albert then we don't need him (assuming albert checks out physically with his back). Albert was tied with Clady and a few other full-time LTs for fewest sacks surrendered this seaon: 1. Donald Stephenson (rookie from Oklahoma) stepped in when Albert was hurt and played very well. He's a future starter.

They're pretty close, but Kalil was so good that he made future 1st rounder Tyron Smith move to RT when he was only a sophomore at usc. He also didn't allow a sack his last season at usc. I remember hearing something about him not giving up a sack until halfway through the season this year. Can't really go wrong with either one of them though.

IawI
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
They're pretty close, but Kalil was so good that he made future 1st rounder Tyron Smith move to RT when he was only a sophomore at usc. I remember hearing something about him not giving up a sack until halfway through this season this year. Can't really go wrong with either one of them though.

Joeckel is keeping Matthews on the right side.....

jeff_vangundy
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
id try to trade the #1 acquire some picks and draft linemen with them and find one of the okay tier qbs (klein,barkley, whoever) with a later pick.

scotyg
01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
id try to trade the #1 acquire some picks and draft linemen with them and find one of the okay tier qbs (klein,barkley, whoever) with a later pick.

wut

Yank11
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
feel like KC's current OTs wouldnt make Joeckel the pick, evne though he's probably the #1 player on most boards.

I'm hoping that Warmack somehow falls to the Giants and that we actually take him. Originally had hopes that either Lewan or Teo fell to us, but with Lewan not coming out and Teo's NCG not sure about him anymore.

5x10
01-09-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't see why kc can't use cassell at qb
His time in ne showed he can be a good system qb and Reid has a good system

scotyg
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't see why kc can't use cassell at qb
His time in ne showed he can be a good system qb and Reid has a good system

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1726685/boofinger.gif

germanyt
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Hard to say. It'll probably be a DL or DB.

Madsen89
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
People saying this is a shallow draft are cracked out imo.

Warmack > DDC
Jockele/Mathews > Kalil

Wow, Taylor Lewan going back to school? Next years top pick.

phillyfreak7
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
People saying this is a shallow draft are cracked out imo.

Warmack > DDC
Jockele/Mathews > Kalil

Wow, Taylor Lewan going back to school? Next years top pick.Agree with Warmack>DeCastro and Joeckel and Matthews > Kalil, but Lewan won't be the top pick. Clowney and Bridgewater will certainly go before him. Lewan will be competing with Jake Matthews to be the first offensive lineman taken.

Ralph Wiggum
01-09-2013, 07:33 PM

You better hope someone else is in charge of the draft. Reid has a horrible draft record, especially the past few years. He is especially bad at evaluating defensive players.

Ralph Wiggum
01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Agree with Warmack>DeCastro and Joeckel and Matthews > Kalil, but Lewan won't be the top pick. Clowney and Bridgewater will certainly go before him. Lewan will be competing with Jake Matthews to be the first offensive lineman taken.

fukin eagles have to be terrible the one year there isn't a great qb prospect..

IsLifeRealLife
01-09-2013, 07:48 PM
fukin eagles have to be terrible the one year there isn't a great qb prospect..

lettuce be cereal ...the eagles will end up w/ a top 5 pick again next year

melanimal_old
01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Andy will take a defensive lineman.

phillyfreak7
01-09-2013, 08:00 PM
fukin eagles have to be terrible the one year there isn't a great qb prospect..If Bridgewater was eligible to come out this year, we would still miss out on him, so I'm not upset.

DefensiveEnd896
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I just don't buy into the whole system QB thing anymore. Aaron Rodgers was once considered a system QB.

Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for three years though. A lot of the weaknesses he had were probably coached up and luckily his confidence wasn't shattered by having horrible games as a rookie. He also probably learned a lot by watching Brett Favre. If Geno is taken #1 he won't have that luxury..

I don't think Smith is worth taking at #1. He has a lot of weaknesses he needs to work on. He also has attitude issues. If he started right away he'd probably be absolutely horrible and who knows how he would react to that. Plus KC has no WRs for him to throw to even if Bowe resigns. It'd be a bad situation for him.

Chiefs can look at that Alabama CB at #1.. We could use another CB to play with Flowers...

phillyfreak7
01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for three years though. A lot of the weaknesses he had were probably coached up and luckily his confidence wasn't shattered by having horrible games as a rookie. He also probably learned a lot by watching Brett Favre. If Geno is taken #1 he won't have that luxury..

I don't think Smith is worth taking at #1. He has a lot of weaknesses he needs to work on. He also has attitude issues. If he started right away he'd probably be absolutely horrible and who knows how he would react to that. Plus KC has no WRs for him to throw to even if Bowe resigns. It'd be a bad situation for him.

Chiefs can look at that Alabama CB at #1.. We could use another CB to play with Flowers...Milliner isn't even a top 10 prospect, you want to take him at 1?! LOL be my guest

Patient Bear
01-09-2013, 08:13 PM

but I like Kevin Klob

DefensiveEnd896
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Milliner isn't even a top 10 prospect, you want to take him at 1?! LOL be my guest

Who says he's not a top 10 draft prospect? u? He's def a top 10 prospect.. Taking him at 1 might be a stretch but he'll go top 10 almost guaranteed... Lions need a CB bad...

21Classic
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Joeckle tests higher than Kalil, and Kalil has been beast this year. Geno #1 overall. Joeckle is the #1 talent overall.

Madsen89
01-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Joeckle tests higher than Kalil, and Kalil has been beast this year. Geno #1 overall. Joeckle is the #1 talent overall.

I don't think the Chiefs will pick Smith @ #1. If they were smart they'd trade down to the low end of the Top 10 and pick Warmack, then take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley in the 2nd.

scotyg
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't think the Chiefs will pick Smith @ #1. If they were smart they'd trade down to the low end of the Top 10 and pick Warmack, then take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley in the 2nd.

We have 3 draft picks already starting in the interior OL and the oldest is Asamoah at 24. Our line is also built for ZBS and Warmack is pure power. No reason to waste a 1st round pick on a position we don't have a need for. If anything we might need help on the defensive line. Dorsey is likely gone and Jackson is due something like $13 million in 2013. Corner is another issue, whether we keep arenas as a starter or move him back to nickel and get someone else as the #2.

also, fuk landry jones. i don't want that loser anywhere near the Chiefs

phillyfreak7
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Who says he's not a top 10 draft prospect? u? He's def a top 10 prospect.. Taking him at 1 might be a stretch but he'll go top 10 almost guaranteed... Lions need a CB bad...He's not. I'm not overly impressed by Milliner. I wouldn't take him in the top 16.

I think a player nobody really talks about that sneaks up into the top 10 is Cordarrelle Patterson. He is a f'ing monster, after he destroys the combine every team will be all over him. Never seen a WR his size that good after the catch... LeSean McCoy moves at 6'3 210 with blazing speed.

Favrelicious
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
lol at mentioning landry jones. I just graduated from OU and had to endure him for four years... for anyone who doesn't watch him and only looks at his stats may be fooled. The phaggot can't read defenses, can't anticipate, is inaccurate downfield, and is fukin horrid against any type of pressure. Idk how many awful throws I had to watch this guy throw off his back foot this season when he could have delivered a nice ball and maybe taken a hit. He also can't win big games. I will lol constantly at anyone who wastes a draft pick on him in any round.

STA1011
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Odds are the Chiefs will trade back. Reid always ends up doing that (except last year)

MassiveKent
01-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Chitty QBs of peace.

Some impressive DE's.

I want to see where Le'Veon Bell falls he is a monster.

NorrinRadd12
01-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Warmack? he'll be great, but no reason for us to draft him.

Our line is built for ZBS and you can usually find those guys a bit later. All of our interior guys are also young; Asamoah is the oldest at 24, Hudson and Allen are both 23. So why go for a power guy that high?

Because I think we're talking about a hall of fame lineman. He is lightning quick with power behind it.

Te'o looked like this all night

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfp8nb.jpg

Madsen89
01-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Because I think we're talking about a hall of fame lineman. He is lightning quick with power behind it.

Te'o looked like this all night

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfp8nb.jpg

This.

You should never pass up great football players because they are adaptable. Example: Von Miller.

MMIS90
01-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Chitty QBs of peace.

Some impressive DE's.

I want to see where Le'Veon Bell falls he is a monster.

lions will probably take him in the first round, and trade up to draft a WR