PDA

View Full Version : Clean Food on a Clean Bulk...How's My Diet Look?

SMkoking
01-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm 5'9", 172 lbs.

Maintenance 2551 calories, clean bulk at 10% above maintenance at roughly 2834 calories. Because of my work schedule, I can only eat every so often...

Meal 1 (pre-workout)
1.5 cups oatmal w/ 2 cups unsweetened almond milk - 510 calories, 83g carbs, 17g protein, 14g fat

Meal 2 (post-workout)
1 scoop Trutein protein w/ water - 115 calories, 5g carbs, 23g protein, 1.5g fat
1 cup egg whites - 120 calories, 2g carbs, 24g protein, 0g fat

Meal 3
1 10oz chicken breast - 330 calories, 0g carbs, 52g protein, 10g fat
3/4 cup quinoa - 510 calories, 90g carbs, 15g protein, 9g fat
3 cups spinach w/ 1 tbsp. olive oil - 120 calories, 0g carbs, 0g protein, 14g fat

Meal 4
1 10oz chickn breast (switch up once in a while with 8oz salmon) - 330 calories, 0g carbs, 52g protein, 10g fat
3/4 cup brown rice - 450 calories, 99g carbs, 12g protein, 4.5g fat

Before Bed
1 sccop Trutein protein w/ 1 cup almond milk - 145 calories, 6g carbs, 24g protein, 4g fat
Hanful Walnuts - 180 calories, 4g carbs, 4g protein, 18g fat

Total - 2810 calories, 289g carbs (41%), 223g protein (32%), 85g fat (27%)

benjobb
01-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Doesn't matter when you eat it, doesn't matter what you eat, all that matters is your macros/micros over time. If you eat the same food every day, you'll get bored and you won't get an assortment of micronutrients.

NZ2rLcGHiy4

SMkoking
01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Doesn't matter when you eat it, doesn't matter what you eat, all that matters is your macros/micros over time. If you eat the same food every day, you'll get bored and you won't get an assortment of micronutrients.

NZ2rLcGHiy4

I realize it doesn't matter if it's clean or dirty foods. I have a much higher energy level when eating clean foods though.

benjobb
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
I realize it doesn't matter if it's clean or dirty foods. I have a much higher energy level when eating clean foods though.

Oh alright. I forgot to say, your protein seems a bit too high, you just need 1g per pound of LBM. Save some money and eat some carbs instead, they both become glucose anyway.

AlwaysTryin
01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh alright. I forgot to say, your protein seems a bit too high, you just need 1g per pound of LBM. Save some money and eat some carbs instead, they both become glucose anyway.

He might like chicken and protein shakes

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 11:30 AM
bump for the Saturday crew...

WonderPug
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I realize it doesn't matter if it's clean or dirty foods. I have a much higher energy level when eating clean foods though.What is your definition of a "clean" food?

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
What is your definition of a "clean" food?

Clean as in brown rice over white rice , or sweet potatoes over white or mashed potatoes, etc.

WonderPug
01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Clean as in brown rice over white rice , or sweet potatoes over white or mashed potatoes, etc.That's not a definition. That's several absurdly silly examples. Please give a definition.

EjnarKolinkar
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Clean as in brown rice over white rice , or sweet potatoes over white or mashed potatoes, etc.

Is that list really 85g of fat? IDK maybe I missed something.

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
That's not a definition. That's several absurdly silly examples. Please give a definition.

Higher quality grade foods. Less processed, organic, and more complex carbs than simple carbs.

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Is that list really 85g of fat? IDK maybe I missed something.

What do you mean?

WonderPug
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Higher quality grade foods. Less processed, organic, and more complex carbs than simple carbs.So you think fruit is "dirty", "organic", which is mostly just marketing, is "clean", a diet is full of highly processed fast food (which is marketed as "protein powder) to "clean" because "dirty" foods become "clean" if you call them a "supplement", yet you don't know that the outcome of your diet is based on energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

Wow. Just wow.

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
So you think fruit is "dirty", "organic", which is mostly just marketing, is "clean", a diet is full of highly processed fast food (which is marketed as "protein powder) to "clean" because "dirty" foods become "clean" if you call them a "supplement", yet you don't know that the outcome of your diet is based on energy balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

Wow. Just wow.

Fruit would fall under less processed. I try to stay away from fruit as much as possible because I deal with extreme cystic acne.

I drink protein powder so I can meet daily protein macros, not because I think it's safe or anything along those lines.

This was posted to be critqued as I was seeing if anyone could help me at all, not critize. I do appreciate your time in your posts, but insulting someone trying to get help shows what?

Th3Juic3dCpt
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Read up on josef rakichs post about IIFYM

SMkoking
01-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Read up on josef rakichs post about IIFYM

I will look into this, thank you.

WonderPug
01-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I drink protein powder so I can meet daily protein macros, not because I think it's safe or anything along those lines. So you consume "clean" foods because of health concerns and you consume foods you don't think are safe because you want to consume 80 grams more protein than what meets sufficiency so that you'll...experience cognitive dissonance?

Alcatraz84
01-05-2013, 03:15 PM
So you consume "clean" foods because of health concerns and you consume foods you don't think are safe because you want to consume 80 grams more protein than what meets sufficiency so that you'll...experience cognitive dissonance?

Sshh he made this thread to be critiqued, not to be critiqued...man don't you know anything.......

JMLeafs
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM
So you consume "clean" foods because of health concerns and you consume foods you don't think are safe because you want to consume 80 grams more protein than what meets sufficiency so that you'll...experience cognitive dissonance?

Pug, we all know you are smart and your knowledge is appreciated. But your attitude is getting tiresome and it seems you spend more time beating people down and answering questions with more questions for the sake of showing off.

Not saying you are intentionally doing it, just wanted to throw it out there.

cr1jhue1
01-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Pug, we all know you are smart and your knowledge is appreciated. But your attitude is getting tiresome and it seems you spend more time beating people down and answering questions with more questions for the sake of showing off.

Not saying you are intentionally doing it, just wanted to throw it out there.

Agreed. Dude knows what he's talking about for most part but all you ever see is him talking macros and that's it. When newbies to training want just a yey or ney to foods/diet that could possibly enhance their results. Look at some of the best physiques in the fitness world, if you ask them what they eat, it's a lot of one ingredient items. Eggs, oats, rice, chicken, veggies. It gets kind of annoying saying the foods you eat have no additional health benefits as long as you hit your macros is bs.

JMLeafs
01-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Agreed. Dude knows what he's talking about for most part but all you ever see is him talking macros and that's it. When newbies to training want just a yey or ney to foods/diet that could possibly enhance their results. Look at some of the best physiques in the fitness world, if you ask them what they eat, it's a lot of one ingredient items. Eggs, oats, rice, chicken, veggies. It gets kind of annoying saying the foods you eat have no additional health benefits as long as you hit your macros is bs.

My issue is not the content. I fully agree with the content he is conveying. I just think the way it's delivered it repetitive and arrogant. But I don't want to start a 'pug lynching' i just want to clarify that i have no issues with the content of his posts.

cr1jhue1
01-05-2013, 05:22 PM
My issue is not the content. I fully agree with the content he is conveying. I just think the way it's delivered it repetitive and arrogant. But I don't want to start a 'pug lynching' i just want to clarify that i have no issues with the content of his posts.

I agree dude knows his ****.

Alcatraz84
01-05-2013, 05:28 PM

Just saying, no one's claiming that some foods are not preferable to others for general health (in the context of the WHOLE diet, and not to the degree that the average person thinks), it's always clarified that it makes no difference to body composition. No point arguing against things that were never said...