PDA

View Full Version : Hittin Fat Goals

BubbaDRK
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
So for the past week now I have been focusing a lot more on hitting my macros. Essentially following IIFYM but I am having troubles hitting my fat and was wondering if it is that big of an issue if calories are still being eaten through protein/carbs.

Currently 5'11 and 250lbs plenty of weight to lose but I don't think I would be considered fat. Macros are 88 fat and 320 protein with 2557 calories a day. I've never eaten much fat in general. I drink almond milk because of lactose issues and normally only eat chicken not much red meat. I generally hit about 30g to 50g of fat daily.

benjobb
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
So for the past week now I have been focusing a lot more on hitting my macros. Essentially following IIFYM but I am having troubles hitting my fat and was wondering if it is that big of an issue if calories are still being eaten through protein/carbs.

Currently 5'11 and 250lbs plenty of weight to lose but I don't think I would be considered fat. Macros are 88 fat and 320 protein with 2557 calories a day. I've never eaten much fat in general. I drink almond milk because of lactose issues and normally only eat chicken not much red meat. I generally hit about 30g to 50g of fat daily.

.4-.5g of fat per lb of lean body mass is recommended so you have healthy hormone production (testosterone), build muscle and most importantly so you still have a sex drive. If you're 25% body fat, you want at the very least 75g of fat. Eat peanut butter or more red meat lol, they taste better.

Cazax
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Nuts, peanut [butter], olive oil, fatty meat, eggs, cheese, whole milk, bacon, ice cream, avocado, butter, margarine, it isn't really hard to get the fats in.

BubbaDRK
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
I guess I can use more oil to cook and with lactose issues fat is definitely more difficult to hit for me. Especially trying to get enough protein in as well. Thanks though!

rand18m
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I guess I can use more oil to cook and with lactose issues fat is definitely more difficult to hit for me. Especially trying to get enough protein in as well. Thanks though!

Your protein is unnecessarily high. For increased fat you have many choices besides milk. Actually cheese shouldn't be a problem, but many ideas above would work fine.

How are you getting that much protein in a day if you don't eat red meat and little to no dairy? Am I too assume you do that primarily with chicken or are you supplementing with protein powders to reach that number within that caloric intake?

BubbaDRK
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Your protein is unnecessarily high. For increased fat you have many choices besides milk. Actually cheese shouldn't be a problem, but many ideas above would work fine.

How are you getting that much protein in a day if you don't eat red meat and little to no dairy? Am I too assume you do that primarily with chicken or are you supplementing with protein powders to reach that number within that caloric intake?

The dairy I do eat would be Greek yogurt and cottage cheese for the protein but I eat non fat. Probably switch to low fat. Two chicken breasts a day. 3 scoops of whey a day. Tuna ect. Ill just start sprinkling cheese and maybe some sour cream. I eat almonds as well but not a lot of fat there

determined4000
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
jar of PB