PDA

View Full Version : Eating Right While Working Out of Town, Help Please!!!

jrz1
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I work out of town about 45 weeks a year, Gas and Oil Industry, so you can imagine that most of the places I work are pretty remote. I am trying to stay in some sort of shape, but I'm finding it near impossible. Living in a hotel room for months on end its pretty hard to cook at all, let alone heathy foods (microwave dinners if your lucky). Myself and everyone else in my line of work tends to eat out for all three meals a day, and sometimes the only places to eat are fast food or the local diner. I've tried to order the best foods I can but lets face it, McDonald's just doesn't have anything that great on the menu.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation I'm in, and if so what they did to eat properly while working out of town?

Any help is appreciated.

01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Do you have access to a supermarket? Buy a rice cooker and foreman grill or hotplate for your room and try to cook batches of food ahead of time

AlwaysTryin
01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Go to the local diner and order steak and veg, fish and salad, bacon and eggs

Not hard...

mainsqueeze530
01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I usually go to Denny's for every meal when I go on trips. They have good options.

alexb650
01-03-2013, 01:34 AM
You need to learn how to modify the menu. Most restaurants are gonna serve it to you in a way that appeals to the average Joe. Why can't you eat a chicken sandwhich and taylor it to fit your macro needs (mayo or no mayo--cheese or no cheese for example)? Or eat a burrito even, without all the sh!t in it? Depends on where you're eating but just modify it to work. Did you know Carl's Jr. Has turkey burgers that are very low cal even without modifying it?

Sounds like you're making excuses and looking for people to tell you that it's not possible so you can eat like crap without any guilt.