PDA

View Full Version : State of PA filing anti-trust lawsuit against NCAA to remove PSU sanctions

Boagrius
01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Very interesting news here. I don't want to get in to what happened previously, but this is big news for PSU. Governor Corbett said he wants all sanctions taken away because the NCAA acted criminally and threatened PSU with death penalty if we didn't accept. Called the Freeh report "incomplete".

I think he is jockeying for votes, because that's what politicians do, but this is huge.

shawty321
01-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Inb4 JoePa rises up from the grave

Forest239
01-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Don't care about PSU but I hope they win, f*ck the NCAA their sanctions are ridiculous (Im a FSU brah so never had srs sanctions) the way they screw students and athletes who weren't even around is horrible.

shawty321
01-02-2013, 08:38 AM
ncaa death penalties is a fukking travesty. What's happening to penn and Ohio st is an absolute joke. Brb punish all the Ohio st seniors for an undefeated season even though none of them have these free tattoos

MK2866
01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
ncaa death penalties is a fukking travesty. What's happening to penn and Ohio st is an absolute joke. Brb punish all the Ohio st seniors for an undefeated season even though none of them have these free tattoos

I'm pretty sure they have the option to transfer elsewhere and play immediately

SpartacusNYC
01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I hope Penn State loses.

jross2021
01-02-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure they have the option to transfer elsewhere and play immediately

They did. You people are phaggots ... how dude are they going to punish the schools?? MONETARY FINES? please go. brb voting for the other guy because Corbett is in favor of ****philia.

dweeegs
01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't care about PSU but I hope they win, f*ck the NCAA their sanctions are ridiculous (Im a FSU brah so never had srs sanctions) the way they screw students and athletes who weren't even around is horrible.

Ya so the alternative scenario is they win and the program got away with it. You like that better? I am in total favor of sanctions. I hope they crack down on the academic scandal at UNC too. Something needs to be done. The culture of college sports is "we do what we want because we are more important and bigger than the institution itself" and it needs to change.

Boagrius
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I hope Penn State loses.

Loses what?

You know this is the actual state of Pennsylvania filing suit, not the university right?

thegenerel
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I hope Penn State loses.

are people already going full retard? Penn State is not initiating this in any way.

Gov. Corbett pissed off a lot of PSU fans/alums with the way the Sandusky stuff went down, now he is trying to win them back. Consider the hundreds of thousands of PSU alums/fans in the state...enough to swing an election for sure.

ToPHeR35
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
politicians gonna politician

Forest239
01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Ya so the alternative scenario is they win and the program got away with it. You like that better? I am in total favor of sanctions. I hope they crack down on the academic scandal at UNC too. Something needs to be done. The culture of college sports is "we do what we want because we are more important and bigger than the institution itself" and it needs to change.

lulz at "scandal" was athletes and STUDENTS they were easy courses I don't they were helping athletes every college has those joke classes and teachers.

dweeegs
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
lulz at "scandal" was athletes and STUDENTS they were easy courses I don't they were helping athletes every college has those joke classes and teachers.

Well, they shouldn't. Plus it wasn't just the classes themselves, but the grade changes by the teachers.

EDIT: I see what you're saying, that not only athletes benefited. Still, I am all for sanctions on athletic programs.

RWC5113
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I hope Penn State loses.

http://www.jennhoffman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg

Forest239
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Well, they shouldn't. Plus it wasn't just the classes themselves, but the grade changes by the teachers.

EDIT: I see what you're saying, that not only athletes benefited. Still, I am all for sanctions on athletic programs.

Holy chit did I mess up typing that (had wisdom teeth pulled other day still fcked)
And I meant only half of the grades were athletes, the classes were easy and buffer classes, "afro-american studies" easy A's for ANYONE who took them not just athletes.

Calhexas
01-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah I'm kind of going to root for Penn St on this one

brb fire and incarcerate everyone involved in scandal that didn't die

fine and penalize all innocent parties into oblivion once all guilty parties have been removed from the school

makes no sense when you think about it

BJBossman
01-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Courts have been pretty sympathetic to the NCAA, so my guess is this is a play to renegotiate.

TTexasTT
01-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Penn State should not have any athletic program... ever again.

SpartacusNYC
01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Loses what?

You know this is the actual state of Pennsylvania filing suit, not the university right?

are people already going full retard? Penn State is not initiating this in any way.

Gov. Corbett pissed off a lot of PSU fans/alums with the way the Sandusky stuff went down, now he is trying to win them back. Consider the hundreds of thousands of PSU alums/fans in the state...enough to swing an election for sure.

http://www.jennhoffman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg

Yes, the state of Pennsylvania is filing this complaint, which they will surely lose. No, PSU is not initiating this, but let's just pretend that the State University is not backing this in any way, shape, or form. The state and it's flagship University are tied at the hip on this one.

Penn State will either win, or remain in their current predicament from this ruling. This case is about Penn State, so in that case, I hope Penn State loses. Capisce?

Pennsylvania governor needs to do something drastic to get back into office so he is going for the home run on this one.

Too bad the NCAA is a membership organization, and these rarely turn out well for members who willingly place all power in the organizational decision making process and accept punishment and investigation.

WRXbrah
01-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah I'm kind of going to root for Penn St on this one

brb fire and incarcerate everyone involved in scandal that didn't die

fine and penalize all innocent parties into oblivion once all guilty parties have been removed from the school

makes no sense when you think about it

This, sucks for all the small/independent businesses that take a hit too.

Calhexas
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Penn State should not have any athletic program... ever again.

Why? Ruin chit for hundreds of thousands because maybe 20 people were worthless human beings?