PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hate Tony Romo? (srs)

Patient Bear
12-31-2012, 11:35 PM
I really don't understand all the Romo hate, he seems like a pretty cool guy

brb dating Jessica Simpson
brb banging celebrities
brb being nicknamed Tony Homo
brb throwing picks, no fuks given
brb brb

Can someone please explain?

Patient Bear
12-31-2012, 11:40 PM
please respond

eMan0n
01-01-2013, 12:02 AM
http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/caron-butler-tony-romo-web.jpg

wheynweed
01-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Because he's not good. Dating hot celebs and being a badass is great and everything (see Tom Brady), but if you suck and choke in the playoffs year after year you deserve to be despised. Mediocrity doesn't belong in the NFL.

ragealot
01-01-2013, 12:24 AM
because

http://memecrunch.com/meme/AT73/yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-tony-romo/image.png

I'm a cowboy fan too.

shawty321
01-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Can I touch you patient bear

AmazinJason
01-01-2013, 12:58 AM
please respond
We're from the hood and we're minorities you ****ing geek.

I don't exactly come from a long history of college graduates, hell even HS graduates are like 50/50 in my family (though most at least have GED's).

Anyways my mom was making BANK back then, was almost standard for her to break $100 in tips, said her best night she made $400 in tips.

I'm sorry if I don't relate to your "silver spoon" upbringing, and if not that your mom was probably fat and ugly your whole life and looked like her name was Helga.

Destructodave
01-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Because he's not good. Dating hot celebs and being a badass is great and everything (see Tom Brady), but if you suck and choke in the playoffs year after year you deserve to be despised. Mediocrity doesn't belong in the NFL.

He is a good QB. As Steven A put it, hes the best non-elite QB in the league. He chokes, yes. I think he would be better suited for another team. In my opinion, he is one of the best QBs there is in the league, he just struggles in clutch situations. I think at another team, he would be far better. But, Dallas will never get rid of him because he is probably better then most of the league besides the elite 5-10 QBs out there. If he could ever stop choking, he would prob. be an elite QB.

HankScorp1o
01-01-2013, 05:48 AM
In my opinion, he is one of the best QBs there is in the league, he just struggles in clutch situations.Those two things statements directly contradict each other. Being "one of the best QBs in the league" would entail being clutch, at least to some degree. In the absence of being clutch, being one of the "best" would have to mean putting points on the board BEFORE another 4th quarter failure to pad said failures in the 4th...

Again, I know Dallas' O-line is fairly awful, but Romo still throws picks and fails to convert even when he isn't rushed by the defense... I said it in this post before the Redskins game, and I'll say it again: Romo gets waaaaay more support and credit than he has ever actually earned:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150693403&p=1001194773&viewfull=1#post1001194773

Destructodave
01-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Those two things statements directly contradict each other. Being "one of the best QBs in the league" would entail being clutch, at least to some degree. In the absence of being clutch, being one of the "best" would have to mean putting points on the board BEFORE another 4th quarter failure to pad said failures in the 4th...

Again, I know Dallas' O-line is fairly awful, but Romo still throws picks and fails to convert even when he isn't rushed by the defense... I said it in this post before the Redskins game, and I'll say it again: Romo gets waaaaay more support and credit than he has ever actually earned:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150693403&p=1001194773&viewfull=1#post1001194773

How do they contradict each other? Who's better besides the elite QBs? How many good QBs do people think exist in this league? Hell, some of the best QBs still fail in clutch moments. I've said on this forum a million times, one of the best to ever play the game, Peyton Manning, struggles in the playoffs. Always.

AreolaBorealis
01-01-2013, 07:11 AM
In general, the sports fans who want to see Tony Romo fail are pathetic

bbacn123
01-01-2013, 08:04 AM
In general, the sports fans who want to see Tony Romo fail are pathetic

This

He's gotta be one of the nicest guys in sports. I mean if he's playing against your team obviously you don't want him to play well

But everyone else who thinks it's funny when he fails? I just don't really get it. Probably has something to do with their own lives sucking so bad so they revel in watching someone else suffer as well. There's really no basis for hating Romo.

Hoop_Dreams
01-01-2013, 08:15 AM
http://whatsupshopper.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/to-crying1-214x300.jpg

How do they contradict each other? Who's better besides the elite QBs? How many good QBs do people think exist in this league? Hell, some of the best QBs still fail in clutch moments. I've said on this forum a million times, one of the best to ever play the game, Peyton Manning, struggles in the playoffs. Always.
Word. One ring is all it takes to erase everything.

This

He's gotta be one of the nicest guys in sports. I mean if he's playing against your team obviously you don't want him to play well

But everyone else who thinks it's funny when he fails? I just don't really get it. Probably has something to do with their own lives sucking so bad so they revel in watching someone else suffer as well. There's really no basis for hating Romo.
I hate you when it's baseball season, but dammit this is a great post.

bbacn123
01-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I hate you when it's baseball season.

Its never not baseball season.

NYY
01-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Its never not baseball season.

This.

The sun never sets on the MLB.

TTexasTT
01-01-2013, 08:51 AM
lol @ him not being clutch. He has been clutch all year and it was "when it mattered" too. I guess the second he stops being "clutch" he starts sucking. He could only make it last so long.
Aside from Payton Manning, I wouldnt trade him for any other QB. srs

The_Zodiac
01-01-2013, 08:52 AM
brb throwing picks

That