PDA

View Full Version : I can't tell if I'm getting fat (bulking)

neilhunter
12-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok I'm in need of a lil' guidance. I'm not very good at looking at my body objectively. I started out 170 lbs skinnyfat, then struggled with an eating disorder for about a year and ended up at around 125. Several months ago I got my act together, started training and eating right, and bulked back up to just over 160. I've been pretty happy with my progress up to this point but now all of a sudden I'm feeling fat. There's not much to pinch over my abs but they look faded; I'm really not sure what my bf% is and I'm wondering if I should make a change in my bulking diet or go on a mini cut or something. My weight increased very rapidly when I first started bulking (I assume due to my being so underweight) but recently has eased up to the .5 pounds a week I've been shooting for.

Currently getting in 3200-3300 cals a day, based on my own experimentation my TDEE seems to be about 3k. Also been getting my .45 per lb fat and 1g per lb protein minimums and filling the rest with a pretty even mix of protein and carbs.

Attached picture is current. Any advice on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

12-31-2012, 08:20 PM
.5lbs a week is good, you can even go a little below that if you want but you look relatively lean as it is. I suggest you start doing some core work and keep putting on muscle!

SdvsB
12-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Dude you look good, not fat at all, keep bulkin

determined4000
12-31-2012, 10:22 PM
After initial weight gain, .5lbs per week is a good rate.
Less than that and you end up spinning wheels and not reallly having sustained gains. More won't get you greater muscle gains because muscle can only be added so fast.

But yes some fat gain is inevitable no matter how great the rate. Learn to live with the small portion that is fat and know you are gaining quality muscle and can easily lose the little bit of fat when you need to.

neilhunter
01-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys. Just have to keep reminding myself how much auschwitz sucked and stick it out.

Brb lunch time