PDA

View Full Version : All Day Adrian Peterson just got lovie smith fired

BananaMan12
12-30-2012, 04:56 PM
feelsgoodman.

honestly I don't mind lovie, but mike tice gotta go. How do you coach the worst O line in football and somehow get promoted?? wtf

Antonio519
12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Don't mind lovie either, but not the biggest Tice fan..then again throwing another new O-Coordinator at Jake might not be a great idea

cheerupemokid
12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
feelsgoodman.

honestly I don't mind lovie, but mike tice gotta go. How do you coach the worst O line in football and somehow get promoted?? wtf

Ask Lovie Smith, he's the one that promoted him.

frezKo
12-30-2012, 04:59 PM
**** both of them in the last 3-4 years the bears only won 1 game verse green bay. **** man.

homicidal_misc
12-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Aint even mad. Bears got what they deserved. Vikings beat Texans and Packers back to back. Bears shouldn't have choked.

BananaMan12
12-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Ask Lovie Smith, he's the one that promoted him.

as to why he is getting fired.

gsxtreme1987
12-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Mccoy is gonna be looking to take over a Head Coaching job.

Maybe he'll take over lovies job and run Peyton mannings offense with our team

Peter Ruby
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Hopefully he's gone.

I'm sick of the mentality/philosophy of relying on the defense to always win your games. A defense cannot get 4 or 5 turnovers a game with multiple touchdowns every game.

Need an offensive minded head coach going forward. The GM Emery needs to make his CHOICES, (not really sure how much power he will have over Ted Phillips and the McCaskey's who love Lovie) going into his second year is time when a GM does so.

Two years in a row in the drivers seat for a playoff birth, and epic collapses. 1 trip to the postseason in 6 years.

Also I haven't looked into it, but during a head coaches tenure how many have made it to a Super Bowl, failed to win it, then years and years later be able to bring them back and win it?

It's time for a change IMO.

Emery was told that if Lovie didn't perform this year, he needs to have a coaching staff ready to go. Bye bye Lovie.

cubsfan2154
12-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Agreed^

I like lovie but you have offensive weapons on your team and you fail to use them efficiently
When you teams starts 7-3 and 7-1 there should be no reason to not make the playoffs, Yes Cutler and Forte did get hurt and the Blame is on the GM then. Its like the think they are only allowed to be good on one side of the field.

cjowns76
12-30-2012, 05:17 PM
The only issue with firing Tice is that the offensive coordinator carousel would continue, although Mike Tice should of never been promoted to offensive coordinator in the first place. The bears could turn out many different ways next year.

possible progression (keep Tice)
possible mediocrity (keep Tice)
Implement a new offense, the players adapt and the Bears are contenders (fire Tice)
Implement a new offense, the players struggle to find flow and continue to dwell in the chamber of the NFL's average teams. (Fire Tice)

Starting 7-1 and not making the playoffs is unacceptable and I think Lovie and Tice will (and justifiably so) lose their jobs.

Edit: The offensive line is still bad.

cjowns76
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I agree with the offensive coordinator carousel as a bad thing for any offensive chemistry, and Jay has had a enough of that I'm sure.

You fire Lovie get an offensive minded head coach, and promote Bates the current QB coach to be the offensive coordinator. Both Marshall and Cutler love Bates. The O'line will need a complete change, so that is going to be messy to get it done.

Agreed, I like the Bates idea. The offensive line is a complete headache; that monday night debacle against the 49ers left me with nightmares of Gabe Carimi turning into a Chris Williams.

roadtrippin
12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't worry bears fans, I know that feel. Can't wait til fatass Gilbride is gone.

ElMariachi
12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Mccoy is gonna be looking to take over a Head Coaching job.

Maybe he'll take over lovies job and run Peyton mannings offense with our team

Too bad Peyton Manning doesn't come along with that as part of a combo-deal. :P

homicidal_misc
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Hopefully he's gone.

I'm sick of the mentality/philosophy of relying on the defense to always win your games. A defense cannot get 4 or 5 turnovers a game with multiple touchdowns every game.

Need an offensive minded head coach going forward. The GM Emery needs to make his CHOICES, (not really sure how much power he will have over Ted Phillips and the McCaskey's who love Lovie) going into his second year is time when a GM does so.

Two years in a row in the drivers seat for a playoff birth, and epic collapses. 1 trip to the postseason in 6 years.

Also I haven't looked into it, but during a head coaches tenure how many have made it to a Super Bowl, failed to win it, then years and years later be able to bring them back and win it?

It's time for a change IMO.
I don't think they necessarily need an offensively minded HC, just one that isn't stubborn and if they ARE defensive minded, they bring in the right people for offense. Lovie blew his chance to get a real OC when he hired Turner, then he was in the hot seat each time the Bears needed a new OC, so nobody wanted to come here only to possibly get fired after one year. Not to mention him insisting on keeping certain offensive coaches who sucked (Daryl Drake) despite the fact that he is a defensive coach anyway.

Just get a clean slate with a legitimate, quality play caller with an actual system.

austin.j.taylor
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
I really hope they make a change. I mean its been years now with the same problems. Offensive line has been terrible for years and is not getting any better. Defense is getting old and wont be able to win you games anymore. We need an o-coordinator that can bring a system that can win games instead of not lose them. We actually have offensive weapons for the first time in as long as I can remember, but we dont have a line that can block anyone long enough to use them. Everyone needs to go but Bates.

adg123
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Are they expected to completely clean house? I kept reading Jairus Byrd wanted to go to Chicago to be with his dad (defensive back coach), hopefully the Bills can bring him in to make resigning Byrd easier

tickitembo1
12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Lovie Smith got himself fired bro

BananaMan12
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
WHat do you guys think about bill cowher

or maybe even andy reid??

SpiderSense
12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Jay Cutler got him fired as he's done before by coming in and providing the impetus for unrealistic expectations.

cheerupemokid
12-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Are they expected to completely clean house? I kept reading Jairus Byrd wanted to go to Chicago to be with his dad (defensive back coach), hopefully the Bills can bring him in to make resigning Byrd easier

It's actually not a sure thing he gets fired. The ownership and the players love him. However, his winning percentage against winning teams is only 33% in the last six years with just one playoff appearance and the McCaskey's really want to win another SuperBowl for Virginia McCaskey before she dies, so it depends on if they believe he can get it done or not.

WHat do you guys think about bill cowher

or maybe even andy reid??

I've read that Cowher basically wants GM like control if he returns to coach, so I doubt Emery would hire him. I think Andy Reid needs to take a year off, honestly.

I think Kyle Shannahan or Rick Dennison are probably the best candidates. In Houston they both ran the playbook that Cutler had when he was in Denver and had his best season as a pro. So I think that would make the transition less abrupt.