PDA

View Full Version : IF fasting question

choco123
12-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Does it matter how long the feeding period is? or is it just cals in vs out and macros? I'm thinking of doing a 4 hr feeding period. I am doing IF for a few weeks because I am stuck on campus alone and I'm not stuck on a meal plan as always, so I thought I would give it a try.

Serpentarius
12-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Its ALWAYS cals in vs cals out. You can eat whatever, whenever, that is all that matters. Eat when its convenient for you.

dvo73
12-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Does it matter how long the feeding period is? or is it just cals in vs out and macros? I'm thinking of doing a 4 hr feeding period. I am doing IF for a few weeks because I am stuck on campus alone and I'm not stuck on a meal plan as always, so I thought I would give it a try.

I think most people who do IF, the feeding window needs to be between 4-8 hours. Try them out and go with whichever works for you best!

Kerune
12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I do IF, but mainly cuz it's concept basically says "eat whenever you want" as long as the cals/macros are right. I recently started eating in an 8hr window, makes very little difference, mainly just more self control when I force myself to eat in that frame.