PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Philadelphia Eagles Next Coach? [POLL]

pg2tall
12-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Who is the Philadelphia Eagles Next Coach? [POLL]

inb4strongpolloptions

TheRejuvenated
12-29-2012, 12:51 AM
technically andy reid wouldn't be the NEXT coach, a more appropriate title would be 'who will be the eagles coach in 2013' then :)

lol special teams coaches, wat

pg2tall
12-29-2012, 12:54 AM
technically andy reid wouldn't be the NEXT coach, a more appropriate title would be 'who will be the eagles coach in 2013' then :)

lol special teams coaches, wat

Never know man.

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach for the Eagles back then.

TTexasTT
12-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Norv Turner?
Gruden?
Cowher?
Holmgren?

Patient Bear
12-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Brett Favre

TheRejuvenated
12-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Norv Turner?
Gruden?
Cowher?
Holmgren?

cowher? lolno. Gruden most likely not. Nobody in their right mind would hire norv fn turner

Wu-Massacre
12-29-2012, 01:31 AM
I never really think about who's going to be the next coach it's too difficult to guess. I just hope who ever it is uses McCoy correctly

Masstastic
12-29-2012, 01:42 AM
I never really think about who's going to be the next coach it's too difficult to guess. I just hope who ever it is uses McCoy correctly

Even if he is your best player that logic of getting a RB 25-30 touches or so a game doesn't pay off any differently with W's and L's. Just look at the Titans with CJ2K.

Need a good/great defense if you wanna run the ball in this league.

Masstastic
12-29-2012, 01:46 AM
Never know man.

John Harbaugh shouldn't be used as a measure of success by any means considering he has 0 input on offense or defense because he has no background with either.

He's scared of his defense and wont go near them so the only thing he will do to exert his power is bench offensive linemen or rotate his punt returners.

Masstastic
12-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Who is the Philadelphia Eagles Next Coach? [POLL]

inb4strongpolloptions

3rd post in a row.

But are these really the candidates in Philly?

- A gimmick college coach with a system that will require you to have Brad Smith as your QB.

- Re-treads who've been fired before

- Bret Favres sexting partner

- 25 special teams coaches

pg2tall
12-29-2012, 01:58 AM
3rd post in a row.

- A gimmick college coach with a system that will require you to have Brad Smith as your QB.

These are the recent names beong tossed around.

Also, every coach has to start somewhere. Look at all the HC now, were they always HC's?

Masstastic
12-29-2012, 02:12 AM
These are the recent names beong tossed around.

Also, every coach has to start somewhere. Look at all the HC now, were they always HC's?

Id rather see them go get Brian Kelly tbh, although his name hasn't been publicly mentioned and probably won't be unless ND wins a championship.

He fits exactly what Eagles fans like in a coach. A passionate douchebag who is beyond hands-on with his team.

Hengman
12-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Never know man.

John Harbaugh also was a defensive backs coach and a great one at that.

LiftLaughLust
12-29-2012, 04:56 AM
none of the above

Ralph Wiggum
12-29-2012, 06:02 AM
3rd post in a row.

Kelly is not going to bring the spread-option to the NFL. He knows it won't work. It's not even really a gimmick. It's a very basic offense driven by tempo and speed. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/12/26/3803606/the-chip-kelly-conundrum

“No one can be married to one thing, because it’s all personnel-driven,” Kelly said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “It’s like the Denver Broncos. What John Fox did in Denver with Tim Tebow was outstanding because he looked at what he had for a player and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to run this.’ Now, all of a sudden, they have Peyton Manning and they’re not going to run the same plays. . . . It’s a personnel-driven game and I think the coaches that are the best at it can adapt their systems to the NFL.”

Some of the options are terrible and I haven't heard the Eagles are interested in at least 5 of those options.

OP didn't even include Greg Roman.

In my opinion, the Eagles want Kelly the most. If not him, than Greg Roman or Mike McCoy.

Lurie is going offensive HC all the way.

AreolaBorealis
12-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Jack Del Rio is the logical choice

joedirt87
12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Norv Turner is not on that list. Been trolldicting that Norv and Andy would switch jobs, and its likely to happen.

phillyfreak7
12-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Chip Kelly

ElMariachi
12-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Kelly is not going to bring the spread-option to the NFL. He knows it won't work. It's not even really a gimmick. It's a very basic offense driven by tempo and speed. http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012/12/26/3803606/the-chip-kelly-conundrum

Some of the options are terrible and I haven't heard the Eagles are interested in at least 5 of those options.

OP didn't even include Greg Roman.

In my opinion, the Eagles want Kelly the most. If not him, than Greg Roman or Mike McCoy.

Lurie is going offensive HC all the way.

This. PLEASE TAKE HIM.

ElMariachi
12-29-2012, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=joedirt87;1001228093]Norv Turner is not on that list. Been trolldicting that Norv and Andy would switch jobs, and its likely to happen.[/QUOTE

Norv will never be a head coach in the NFL again, he's done. His future is to be a long-term offensive coordinator, which is what he's truly best at anyways.

Shrugs4Life
12-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Eagles fans you guys should be demanding Kevin Gilbride the giants OC. Giants fans would HATE to see him go, so even more incentive. Just fukking get him out of here.

beepbeep
12-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Voted for McCoy mostly because he's my first choice. Howie Roseman is safe and that might not fit with the reports that Kelly wants full control of the operation.

This. PLEASE TAKE HIM.

Eagles fans you guys should be demanding Kevin Gilbride the giants OC. Giants fans would HATE to see him go, so even more incentive. Just fukking get him out of here.
http://forums.allkpop.com/attachments/no-meme-jpg.36828/