PDA

View Full Version : Romo v. Brady

ShweezyBTFO
12-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Why do people hate on Romo and love Brady so much? Romo has played behind a **** O-line, poverty coaches, and for some of the worst management in america (jerry jones) and has the highest career QB rating of all time. And he never had a great defense to ride three super bowls to. Plus, he knows how to extend plays way better than Brady (aka he actually has a pair of legs that he uses), which makes him WAY more exciting to watch (for better or for worse)

And of course, he was an UDFA and played I-AA football. Meanwhile, Brady was actually drafted and played for Michigan. Sorry, but when it comes to which QB makes for a more compelling story, I'm all-in for romo, no homo.

People need to take the cowboy-hating goggles off when assessing their love affair for Brady/vendetta against Romo. S/o to TTexasTT.

tandcrumpets
12-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Obsessed with Tom Brady crew

ShweezyBTFO
12-28-2012, 10:56 PM
actually it's Bernard Pollard is a Great Guy Crew, I'm defending my mans bernie because all these brady nuthuggers up here in bahston hate him for playing the game the right way.

Negatron617
12-28-2012, 10:58 PM
actually it's Bernard Pollard is a Great Guy Crew, I'm defending my mans bernie because all these brady nuthuggers up here in bahston hate him for playing the game the right way.

riiiiight

half of your posts these days arent bashing boston or brady

LittleLexodus
12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Think he has the repertoire to go all the way if the whole team plays well. I've been a huge Romo fan since he started...he turned this team in the right direction 5 years ago. Tony does have a punchable face though I guess if you try to hate the guy.

http://equaleye.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/tony-romo-wallpaper-2.jpg

ShweezyBTFO
12-28-2012, 11:02 PM
riiiiight

half of your posts these days arent bashing boston or brady

more than half of my posts aren't bashing boston (never done this..) or brady (only to russell wilson some jimmies)

Think he has the repertoire to go all the way if the whole team plays well. I've been a huge Romo fan since he started...he turned this team in the right direction 5 years ago. Tony does have a punchable face though.

huge if...I just dont think they have the coaching/management in place to ever put together a deep playoff run.

Saxbro
12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Brady was underrated, overlooked, and got lucky he even got picked in the NFL draft. Worked his way to the top and is one of the hardest working players in the NFL.

TTexasTT
12-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Haters hate. He is a very good QB. Im not going to claim he is better than Brady (yet) be he is among the best. He also seems cool as fuk irl. The stories some of the kind things he does sets him apart... Especially from Rodgers.

ShweezyBTFO
12-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Brady was underrated, overlooked, and got lucky he even got picked in the NFL draft. Worked his way to the top and is one of the hardest working players in the NFL.

a quarterback for the wolverines (who got drafted) is underrated but an undrafted DI-AA player from EASTERN ILLINOIS isn't...ok.

Haters hate. He is a very good QB. Im not going to claim he is better than Brady (yet) be he is among the best. He also seems cool as fuk irl. The stories some of the kind things he does sets him apart... Especially from Rodgers.

I didn't say he was better than brady either, just that he's more fun to watch/root for. Never a dull moment with romo behind center.

GetBigyo
12-28-2012, 11:11 PM
You need to get laid.

ShweezyBTFO
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
You need to get laid.

Superdromed
12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
giants fann, dont even hate romo. been saying hes a top 10 qb for years. hate jerry jones though

IawI
12-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Expected this to be a TTexasTT thread. Left disappointed.

TTexasTT
12-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Expected this to be a TTexasTT thread. Left disappointed.
im feelin that sig

Future24
12-29-2012, 12:18 AM
And he never had a great defense to ride three super bowls to.
Sucks that Manning's defense could only carry him to one.

Future24
12-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Haters hate. He is a very good QB. Im not going to claim he is better than Brady (yet) be he is among the best. He also seems cool as fuk irl. The stories some of the kind things he does sets him apart... Especially from Rodgers.http://i.imgur.com/LXI3C.gif

ShweezyBTFO
12-29-2012, 12:24 AM

this thread has nothing to do with Manning. I hate hicks too, but leave that hick hate for the other thread lol

TML89
12-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Romo is at good QB, at worst. It's as if it is hip to dislike/hate Romo... There is little legitimacy to the hate that he receives, IMO...

Think he has the repertoire to go all the way if the whole team plays well. I've been a huge Romo fan since he started...he turned this team in the right direction 5 years ago. Tony does have a punchable face though I guess if you try to hate the guy.

http://equaleye.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ton y-romo-wallpaper-2.jpg

This, I don't see how anyone who witnessed this transition could hate Romo. The Cowboys previous QB (Bledsoe, I believe?) was fucckin' terrible. Romo came in and turned things around. He just needs to get over his Playoffs hump now...

HankScorp1o
12-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Romo came in and turned things around. He just needs to get over his Playoffs hump now...His "Playoffs hump" has lasted for all of his 6 years with the team... at a certain point, and after 4th-quarter collapse after 4th-quarter collapse, you have to draw the conclusion that he just isn't going to take the Cowboys anywhere.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people cut Romo so much slack. Yeah, he's got a solid arm and looks brilliant at times, just enough to make you go "Hmmm, maybe he's getting it together"... and then he'll throw 4 picks, or lose a 2-touchdown lead in the 4th. He's great when the game ISN'T on the line and there aren't any real stakes, but he's never been remotely clutch or solid when the Cowboys REALLY need him.

I won't even address the "versus Brady" supposition, Romo is not even CLOSE to being in the elite standing of Brady. (Sorry OP, I know you like to rustle Pat's fans jimmies, but that comparison is just silly)

ShweezyBTFO
12-29-2012, 03:19 AM
His "Playoffs hump" has lasted for all of his 6 years with the team... at a certain point, and after 4th-quarter collapse after 4th-quarter collapse, you have to draw the conclusion that he just isn't going to take the Cowboys anywhere.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people cut Romo so much slack. Yeah, he's got a solid arm and looks brilliant at times, just enough to make you go "Hmmm, maybe he's getting it together"... and then he'll throw 4 picks, or lose a 2-touchdown lead in the 4th. He's great when the game ISN'T on the line and there aren't any real stakes, but he's never been remotely clutch or solid when the Cowboys REALLY need him.

I won't even address the "versus Brady" supposition, Romo is not even CLOSE to being in the elite standing of Brady. (Sorry OP, I know you like to rustle Pat's fans jimmies, but that comparison is just silly)

it's not versus in terms of skill or ability but in terms of public sentiment.

HankScorp1o
12-29-2012, 03:36 AM
it's not versus in terms of skill or ability but in terms of public sentiment.Oh, ok. Brady wins by an even BIGGER margin then.
BTW to address your OP- at Michigan he was routinely 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart and didn't play a lot. Anyways, this video says it all, the man worked his way to the top. Romo has worked his way to... one playoff win. People admire winners.:

twrfzqJEZlw

TML89
12-29-2012, 03:47 AM
His "Playoffs hump" has lasted for all of his 6 years with the team... at a certain point, and after 4th-quarter collapse after 4th-quarter collapse, you have to draw the conclusion that he just isn't going to take the Cowboys anywhere.

Where are you getting these 4th-quarter collapses from? If the Cowboys are down in the 4th, I rarely fret because Romo has shown me time after time that he can perform in the 4th quarter. Matter of fact, a number of the Cowboys' victories have been ones where they go into the 4th quarter with a deficit. I don't have the numbers to back me up, I'm speaking only on observation. However, when I think about the Cowboys/Romo I just hope that they don't dig themselves too deep in a hole early on because I know they are going to perform in the 2nd half.

ShweezyBTFO
12-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Oh, ok. Brady wins by an even BIGGER margin then.
BTW to address your OP- at Michigan he was routinely 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart and didn't play a lot. Anyways, this video says it all, the man worked his way to the top. Romo has worked his way to... one playoff win. People admire winners.:

twrfzqJEZlw

are you dumb, blind, or both? The OP is clearly challenging the size of this margin. So what if he was 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? He was playing at MICHIGAN. Romo played football at motherfukkin eastern illinois poverty U.

lmao @ "People admire winners", but you right doe. people admire the quarterback of the winning team, even if he needed a clutch kicker and an elite D to do 95% of the "winning"

SpiderSense
12-29-2012, 05:46 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8gHfViVHpdk/UBnh-LJQ5sI/AAAAAAAAADA/i3cIwI20dEM/s1600/OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

ItsWhatIDo
12-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Saw on ESPN that Room has the same week 17 record as David Carr.

HankScorp1o
12-29-2012, 06:26 AM
are you dumb, blind, or both? The OP is clearly challenging the size of this margin. So what if he was 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? He was playing at MICHIGAN. Romo played football at motherfukkin eastern illinois poverty U.
lmao @ "People admire winners", but you right doe. people admire the quarterback of the winning team, even if he needed a clutch kicker and an elite D to do 95% of the "winning"LOL sorry bud, you're not rustling this Pats fan. No one respects Romo because at the end of the day, he's not a winner.

http://i47.tinypic.com/243iuzq.png

Murph0408
12-29-2012, 06:35 AM
big fan of romo as well. outside of that game against chicago this year he's been great, and last year was a big year for him too. he's got a shot at 5,000 yards this season, who woulda thought? has made his team better and has been clutch all year. if you ask me he'll be the main reason they make the playoffs if they win this sunday.

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-29-2012, 06:50 AM
He played behind a good offensive line for years. He's always had talented recievers and running backs.

chasem
12-29-2012, 08:52 AM

a typical ESPN sheep response. Brb highest 4th QTR rating among QB's right now. Brb only a few 4th QTR comebacks from the top QB. BRB BRB BRB

Beliedat
12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Sucks that Manning's defense could only carry him to one.http://i.imgur.com/DhVIP.gif

ZidaneValor
12-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm probably the biggest Romo defender on this forum. Romo isn't in the class of Brady, but I still believe Romo is the best QB in the NFL right now with no rings. You have your Brady/Rodgers/Brees tier, Eli/Big Ben tier, and then Romo is right on top of the third tier.

Dallas would be a 4-12 team every year without him. Yes, Romo is going to have two bad games every year (Jets/Lions last year and Bears/Giants this year), but he's also won games for Dallas that they've had no business winning too.

Romo threw more INTs in the second Giants game (4) than he has in the last 8 games combined since (3).

Last 8 Games: 219-for-328 (66.8%), 2612 passing yards (326.5 yds/gm), 17 TDs, 3 INTs, 104.4 Passer Rating

Hell, if Romo goes for 400+ yards against the Redskins like he did on Thanksgiving, he'll pass Dan Marino's 5084 yards for this season (Romo has 4685 right now).

I absolutely believe Romo can beat RG3, Russell Wilson, and even Matt Ryan in the next three weeks before losing to Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship. Then next year Dallas gets some OL help, gets Sean Lee and the rest of the defense back, and makes a SB run.

I know, complete homer opinion, but I believe in Tony Romo.

Garnett
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
He played behind a good offensive line for years. He's always had talented recievers and running backs.

A good OL for years? Wtf? As a Cowboy fan I can attest to us not having a good line for most of Romo's career. When Romo took over for Bledsoe our line sucked. Bledsoe was so slow he couldn't avoid anything. Parcells rebuilt the line to being average or above but it was a brief couple of years. Since Parcells has been gone, we have had 1-2 good OL seasons.

Romo's ability to keep plays alive has been a net plus for Dallas. The OL is our most inconsistent unit. Do not believe what ESPN says every year about us being so talented. We aren't and haven't been. This myth of Dallas being loaded needs to stop.

Ztak07
12-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Did you really call Jerry Jones a poverty owner?

ShweezyBTFO
12-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Did you really call Jerry Jones a poverty owner?

you must be the only person who thinks he's a good GM. then again, you're red and belong to some of the worst crews known to mankind

MurkinSeason
12-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm probably the biggest Romo defender on this forum. Romo isn't in the class of Brady, but I still believe Romo is the best QB in the NFL right now with no rings. You have your Brady/Rodgers/Brees tier, Eli/Big Ben tier, and then Romo is right on top of the third tier.

Dallas would be a 4-12 team every year without him. Yes, Romo is going to have two bad games every year (Jets/Lions last year and Bears/Giants this year), but he's also won games for Dallas that they've had no business winning too.

Romo threw more INTs in the second Giants game (4) than he has in the last 8 games combined since (3).

Last 8 Games: 219-for-328 (66.8%), 2612 passing yards (326.5 yds/gm), 17 TDs, 3 INTs, 104.4 Passer Rating

Hell, if Romo goes for 400+ yards against the Redskins like he did on Thanksgiving, he'll pass Dan Marino's 5084 yards for this season (Romo has 4685 right now).

I absolutely believe Romo can beat RG3, Russell Wilson, and even Matt Ryan in the next three weeks before losing to Aaron Rodgers in the NFC Championship. Then next year Dallas gets some OL help, gets Sean Lee and the rest of the defense back, and makes a SB run.

I know, complete homer opinion, but I believe in Tony Romo.

Well said brother.. I feel the same way.
Romo isn't even the same qb he once was and you can tell. Wiser. Matured. A leader for sure.

Romo has done so much for us and I wouldn't want anyone else. I've believed he could do big things for us since the day we got him.. It's just a matter of time. I think the time is near.

Testaverde. Hensen. Bledsoe. Hutchinson. Quincy carter.

I ain't going back.

ShweezyBTFO
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
rofl, I'll say this much. Brady doesn't throw game-ending picks like romo, but as OP stated, this is what makes romo far more exciting to watch lololol