PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the Sam Bowie mini documentary on ESPN

dizzin9
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
feelsbadman.jpg

the dude still had a 10-year career and was a good player. sucks being drafted ahead of GOAT and be hurt most of the time but it's good to know he's doing good today and not broke like most athletes are.

what do you think sports misc, is he a bust?

orderoutofchaos
12-23-2012, 06:38 PM
"draft Jordan, draft Jordan"

"we have a sg, we need a center"

"play Jordan at center"

YesWayNoWeigh
12-23-2012, 06:46 PM
i didnt watch it but i saw him on outside the lines, he says it hurts him when he gets called a bust, he got hurt so its not like he was just straight up bad. and they had drexler so why draft jordan

Source7769
12-23-2012, 06:47 PM
he still was a decent player didnt matter who was drafted ahead of jordan they still would get scrutinized

Otaman
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
And 20 smth years later Portland drafts another unproven injury prone center instead of a sure superstar

I think they should make it an official rule to never draft centers with top 1-3 picks

Masstastic
12-23-2012, 07:24 PM
And 20 smth years later Portland drafts another unproven injury prone center instead of a sure superstar
Durant wasn't a sure superstar.

From a pure size/skills/athletic viewpoint, Michael Beasley was more of a "NBA sure thing" than Durant who was as a lanky SF with a questionable handle & tested as the worst athlete at the Draft Combine. Some guys improve in the pros and keep working, while others just rely on what they always did.

Masstastic
12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
feelsbadman.jpg

the dude still had a 10-year career and was a good player. sucks being drafted ahead of GOAT and be hurt most of the time but it's good to know he's doing good today and not broke like most athletes are.

what do you think sports misc, is he a bust?

Yeah he's a bust simply because "hes the guy who went before Jordan".

But he will be remembered forever for it and he sounded at the end like he embraces it.