PDA

View Full Version : Weekly calories/protein intake

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm 5'9. 150. I average about 1600 calories a week and about 120g of protein a day. Is this enough for my current goal? (Cutting all fat/cutting up) I'm in my cutting stage and plan to start bulking up in a couple months from now. But is this enough/too much/not enough callorie/protein intake? Thanks for any feedback!

chameleonism
12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, I hope you mean 1600 calories/day. Either way, you are eating too little especially at your age where you are still physically developing. You fall into the "skinny fat" category and should start a slow bulk immediately. You may have to reverse diet (add 100-150 calories per week to raise metabolism back to normal levels) for a bit before going into a proper bulk.

Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4GgbzzOZlaY

and to learn more about proper nutrition, read:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=chameleonism;998462173]Well, I hope you mean 1600 calories/day. Either way, you are eating too little especially at your age where you are still physically developing. You fall into the "skinny fat" category and should start a slow bulk immediately. You may have to reverse diet (add 100-150 calories per week to raise metabolism back to normal levels) for a bit before going into a proper bulk.

I appreciate the advice but I'm trying to really cut down right now (6pack) and just be really cut and loose any little fat I have. Bulking wi start in a couple months.

Tdiguy
12-23-2012, 09:46 AM
your not going to have a 6 pack...you could cut all you want its not going to happen. Cutting doesnt create abs, bulking does and you lack the muscle to cut to have one.

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
your not going to have a 6 pack...you could cut all you want its not going to happen. Cutting doesnt create abs, bulking does and you lack the muscle to cut to have one.

Lol I workout abbs 3 times a week with the insanity program and mainly eat protein and take multiple fat burner supplements. Kind of ignorant to say "your not going to get a six pack" without knowing anything about me.

WonderPug
12-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Your should NOT be cutting and, even if cutting, your caloric intake would be acutely deficient.

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Your should NOT be cutting and, even if cutting, your caloric intake would be acutely deficient.

Why shouldn't I be cutting? I Wana get really cut and then bulk up there's nothing wrong with that is there? I've been on this calorie/protein supplement plan for about 9 weeks now and I'm seeing good results. I started at 163 and had a bit of a gut. An no muscle

QUADZofPEACE
12-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Your metabolism is damaged from undereating, so no matter what you do/try/adjust, you will not lose fat, it will just set you back further. It would be a good idea to increase calories slowly to a healthy level, then build some mass (around 2lbs a month gain on the scale for a couple years), then diet down and see where you're at. I'd also suggest learning the basics of nutrition, the stickies and other info already provided in this thread. Stay safe.

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Just to clear things up I meant 1600 calories a day lol

psychodiver9
12-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Why shouldn't I be cutting? I Wana get really cut and then bulk up there's nothing wrong with that is there? I've been on this calorie/protein supplement plan for about 9 weeks now and I'm seeing good results. I started at 163 and had a bit of a gut. An no muscle

Because you don't have sufficient lbm and wont be "cut". You need to focus on adding lbm

WonderPug
12-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Why shouldn't I be cutting? I Wana get really cut and then bulk up there's nothing wrong with that is there?...I started at 163 and had a bit of a gut. An no muscleI guess it depends on goals.

If your goal is to look emaciated and sickly, then I feel confident that your plan will succeed.

If your goal is to look athletic and muscular, then I feel confident that your plan will fail.

alejandroPH
12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
You're not going to get a six pack that way. Yes I do not know you.

Working out abs 3,4,5,6,7 times a week will get you no where. You can't spot reduce fat (search around the site for the term).

To answer your question, 1600 calories is too little. I'm cutting* at 1800 calories at 5'5, you should be eating more than me

*yes brahs i know i should be bulking, just lemme finish at least till the end of this month ! lol

DeeZ908
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
OP up your cals, focus on gaining at a reasonable rate & progressing in the gym...it will be well worth it. Do this at least for a year then you can think about cutting. You look like your new to training, are you? If so this is where you'll see your biggest gains & its not unheard of for newbies to lose a little bit of bodyfat during this process.

To answer your question, 1600 calories is too little. I'm cutting* at 1800 calories at 5'5, you should be eating more than me

^^this too. I cut @ 1900-2000 cals without any stalls

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 11:11 AM
OP up your cals, focus on gaining at a reasonable rate & progressing in the gym...it will be well worth it. Do this at least for a year then you can think about cutting. You look like your new to training, are you? If so this is where you'll see your biggest gains & its not unheard of for newbies to lose a little bit of bodyfat during this process.

^^this too. I cut @ 1900-2000 cals without any stalls

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to calculate my calorie/protein/fat needs its just all a little complicated. And by "cutting" I mean just loosing fat and gaining muscle. Ide like to weigh 160 in a couple months when I'm done cutting and ready to start bulking.

WonderPug
12-23-2012, 11:12 AM
And by "cutting" I mean just loosing fat and gaining muscle. Ide like to weigh 160 in a couple months when I'm done cutting and ready to start bulking.So by cutting, you mean you want to gain weight???

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 11:18 AM
So by cutting, you mean you want to gain weight???

Gain muscle weight. But loose the little fat I still have left and be very "cut". Sorry everyone I didn't explain enough.

WonderPug
12-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Gain muscle weight. But loose the little fat I still have left and be very "cut". Sorry everyone I didn't explain enough.So you weight 153 pounds now and you want to cut so you'll gain 7 pounds by losing fat and gaining muscle by eating dramatically under the number of calories you burn per day?

Tdiguy
12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Lol I workout abbs 3 times a week with the insanity program and mainly eat protein and take multiple fat burner supplements. Kind of ignorant to say "your not going to get a six pack" without knowing anything about me.
i dont need to know you, by your picture and stats it pretty clear that you dont have the lean body mass to support a 6 pack...at that weight if you dont have a good 4 pack you will never get a 6 by cutting more

oh and working out doesnt build muscle calorie surplus does, you can do ab workouts till your blue in the face but at that calorie intake you will never build anything or get a 6 pack

WonderPug
12-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Lol I workout abbs 3 times a week with the insanity program and mainly eat protein and take multiple fat burner supplements. Kind of ignorant to say "your not going to get a six pack" without knowing anything about me.Those "fat burners" will only cause a loss of wallet weight and wallet weight has nothing to do with having a six pack of abs, though it can be a factor in obtaining a six pack of Bud.

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I was simply asking my daily suggested calorie and protein consumption. Thanks for the super positive feedback everyone!

Tdiguy
12-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I was simply asking my daily suggested calorie and protein consumption. Thanks for the super positive feedback everyone!
all the information in this tread is positive, we are all trying to stop you from doing something that is pointless and will actually hurt your gains. If you want to cut down to a twig and look like a death camp war child we cant stop you....Your problem is you wont listen to anyone who knows more then you, you want to cut regardless of the damage and set backs it will provide so stop even posting for advice.

As for macro advice you gave us one lol....Where the fuk is you fat intake numbers?....your protein level is to low anyway, not that it would matter you have little to no muscle to lose by eating inproperly anyway

THEN you neg a guy for telling you the hard truth lol...well fuk you to bud enjoy going no where and weighting less then most women in search for your non existent abs

KevinColeConway
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
all the information in this tread is positive, we are all trying to stop you from doing something that is pointless and will actually hurt your gains. If you want to cut down to a twig and look like a death camp war child we cant stop you....Your problem is you wont listen to anyone who knows more then you, you want to cut regardless of the damage and set backs it will provide so stop even posting for advice.

As for macro advice you gave us one lol....Where the fuk is you fat intake numbers?....your protein level is to low anyway, not that it would matter you have little to no muscle to lose by eating inproperly anyway

THEN you neg a guy for telling you the hard truth lol...well fuk you to bud enjoy going no where and weighting less then most women in search for your non existent abs

Not a single person gave a calorie/protein assumption of what I should use which was all I was asking. And **** you too bro(:

Tdiguy
12-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Not a single person gave a calorie/protein assumption of what I should use which was all I was asking. And **** you too bro(:
BECAUSE none of us want to help you cut....We cant figure out your calorie needs stop being fuking lazy, its no wonder you even lift weights if you cant bring yourself to figure out basic caloric intake

Ps. i cant believe someone repped you....wtf