PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most overrated NBA player of all time?

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Iverson? shouldnt even be in HOF discussion. Inefficient volume shooter

Kobe? isnt even close to top 5 all time, only argument is "5 rings" but for 3 he was the 2nd best player on his team

What say you sports misc?

Hopefully this wont turn into a pissing match of homers, negs, etc.

John_Connor
12-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Carmelo Anthony

eyeswideshut23
12-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Stephon marbury, steve francis

Sjas
12-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Kobe

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Disgruntled kobe fans negging, i think they are actually convinced despite how bad his numbers compare to other top 10 all time players he should be mentioned with them? Why?

Agree with all the responses so far.

OnlinePredator
12-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Obe-Wan Kenobe.

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Kobe never made it past the first round without Pau and Shaq. Mind = phucked.

This.

Plus if you just take an unbiased look at everything there's nothing to suggest he's a top 5 or 10 player. Top 15 yes.

Numbers arent top 10 worthy. Not clutch(under 30% on game winning or tying shots). Not an elite defender (despite the all defensive team he keeps making for some reason) No real reason to put him with the other best of the best besides the rings, which he has 2 as the best player on his team.

HTownOlajuwon
12-21-2012, 03:29 AM
If we are talking about the casual fan then it's easily Kobe. Most casual fans think he is the 2nd greatest player ever or top 5, and he is not. Kobe is top 10 though, but definitely not top 5.

If we are talking knowledgeable NBA fans, I'm really not sure.

AirCanada
12-21-2012, 04:32 AM
Lebron James.
Wilt Chamberlain.

Drew23
12-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Scotty Pippen.

Hall of Fame player for riding shotgun.

Kobe isn't over-rated except when people try to say he's better than Jordan.

Twism24
12-21-2012, 04:37 AM
If we are talking about the casual fan then it's easily Kobe. Most casual fans think he is the 2nd greatest player ever or top 5, and he is not. Kobe is top 10 though, but definitely not top 5.

If we are talking knowledgeable NBA fans, I'm really not sure.

Kobe haters are on full fource. He is a top 15 player with a case for top 8. I personally have him around 12 if I had to guesstimate.

Cannonsex
12-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Derek Fisher. srs. BRB get starting job at 40 yrs old for "veteran leadership" when I was **** even when I was 25 yrs old.

BRB avg 11/5 in 38mpg....in my prime.

BRB Rick fox was known for defense, Big shot Horry for big shots.....and me for standing around passing the ball to Kobe.

yungbreezy
12-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Scotty Pippen.

Pippen? Lol, pls go.

2nd greatest perimeter defender of all time behind GP, led a Jordanless Bulls team to a 55 win season and the Conference Semi Finals.
Jordan was also 182-228 in his career without Pippen.

Without Pip, Jordan doesn't have 6.

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 05:34 AM
Pippen? Lol, pls go.

2nd greatest perimeter defender of all time behind GP, led a Jordanless Bulls team to a 55 win season and the Conference Semi Finals.
Jordan was also 182-228 in his career without Pippen.

Without Pip, Jordan doesn't have 6.

Not sure what that last part has to do with anything. Rings are incredibly overrated. (see: the blind Kobe followers who ignore everything else and say, 5 rings! 2nd all time!)

Jordan would be number 1 with no rings, just like LBJ would still go down as number 2 if he didnt win any rings.

The advanced stat movement in basketball has been awesome because it allows us to appreciate the top players of all time, and also who doesnt belong in the discussion.

thefederalist
12-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Anyone who thinks AI is overrated is fkin retarded.

To do what he did at under 6 feet tall is incredible.

DeBaie
12-21-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm just throwing names off the top of my head on players who really blew some brahs loads, and for me I was just like.. not really brah - Rashard Lewis, Dwayne Wade, David Lee, Bargnani, T-Mac, Iverson, Deron Williams.. fuk so many players that not a single fuk is given upon signing a contract.

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Anyone who thinks AI is overrated is fkin retarded.

To do what he did at under 6 feet tall is incredible.

He's a 40% shooter and 30% from 3. He didnt do anything. Nate robinson can put up 24 a game if he took as many shots as Iverson did.

BullStampede
12-21-2012, 05:50 AM
I'm just throwing names off the top of my head on players who really blew some brahs loads, and for me I was just like.. not really brah - Rashard Lewis, Dwayne Wade, David Lee, Bargnani, T-Mac, Iverson, Deron Williams.. fuk so many players that not a single fuk is given upon signing a contract.

I know Im a Heat fan, but why Wade? He's been the 2nd best SG in the league until this season.

ThePoz
12-21-2012, 05:57 AM
I may recieve hate for this but....

Magic Johnson

He was a good player imo but not a legend like he's portrayed to be.

LiftHeavy85
12-21-2012, 05:58 AM
patrick ewing

BusterMudd
12-21-2012, 05:58 AM

Kinda scary that someone would need Pau Gasol on their team in order to ascend to the ranks of the elite.
:::facepalm:::

Rick fox was known for defense

I'm guessing you never lived in Boston in the 1990s...

yungbreezy
12-21-2012, 06:00 AM

Magic Johnson

You should be perma banned for this post.

Gator286
12-21-2012, 06:00 AM
I know Im a Heat fan, but why Wade? He's been the 2nd best SG in the league until this season.

Umm...what?? If you're talking about Kobe, he had a dropoff years ago

rhyfelwr
12-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Kinda scary that someone would need Pau Gasol on their team in order to ascend to the ranks of the elite.

Pau was good for a while but then he just stopped playing decent and now we have Gasoft

butwowasfeel
12-21-2012, 06:05 AM

Pau was a great player his first 2-3 years in LA. Fallen off the face of the earth now though

cchar042
12-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Calling Kobe overrated is not the same as calling him bad. a good chunk of casual fans and Lakers homers think he's a top 3-4 player ALL TIME, while he's closer to top 15. There is nothing wrong with being one of the greatest 15 players of all time.

Any top player can take a team to the playoffs by themselves. He can't.

Does that apply to the 2004-05 Lakers too?

arya24
12-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Every reputable bball site and forum has Kobe either top 10 or top 5... But ya I'm sure he's overrated.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Every reputable bball site and forum has Kobe either top 10 or top 5... But ya I'm sure he's overrated.

Listen to what you just said. Kobe is considered top 5/10 right? Does anyone compare, say, Shaq, Duncan, or Big O to MJ? No, because MJ is clearly better. But many, many people compare Kobe to MJ, which is why he is overrated.

Overrated does not mean bad.

OutWorkedByNo1
12-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Larry Bird(SRS)

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 08:01 AM

And Jordan has never made it pass the first round without pippin Stfu

thefederalist
12-21-2012, 08:04 AM
He's a 40% shooter and 30% from 3. He didnt do anything. Nate robinson can put up 24 a game if he took as many shots as Iverson did.

so you're telling me that this lineup could go to the NBA Finals??????:

Nate Robinson G Aaron McKie G Jumaine Jones F Tyrone Hill F Dikembe Mutombo C

cchar042
12-21-2012, 08:08 AM
And Jordan has never made it pass the first round without pippin Stfu

Jordan only played 3 seasons without Pippen to start his career.

Kobe was in his 9-11th seasons (his prime), and in that 9th season, he couldn't even get to the playoffs.

Onita
12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Not sure what that last part has to do with anything. Rings are incredibly overrated. (see: the blind Kobe followers who ignore everything else and say, 5 rings! 2nd all time!)

Jordan would be number 1 with no rings, just like LBJ would still go down as number 2 if he didnt win any rings.

The advanced stat movement in basketball has been awesome because it allows us to appreciate the top players of all time, and also who doesnt belong in the discussion.

what in the actual fuk

just leave

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Jordan only played 3 seasons without Pippen to start his career.

Kobe was in his 9-11th seasons (his prime), and in that 9th season, he couldn't even get to the playoffs.

Kobes only missed the playoff once in his career Jordan has missed the playoffs more then once you mad?

Aussiebrah66
12-21-2012, 08:19 AM
derrick rose, worst MVP of all time

LiftLaughLust
12-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Dwayne Wade

cchar042
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Kobes only missed the playoff once in his career Jordan has missed the playoffs more then once you mad?

Lol @ bringing up Jordan's Wizard years, he was 38 and out of the league for 3 years. Let's see Kobe try that.

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Lol @ bringing up Jordan's Wizard years, he was 38 and out of the league for 3 years. Let's see Kobe try that.

Take out those wizards year he missed the playoffs more then once you mad?

cchar042
12-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Take out those wizards year he missed the playoffs more then once you mad?

wut? Besides the Wizards years, Jordan never missed the playoffs .

blackcontrarian
12-21-2012, 08:24 AM
He's a 40% shooter and 30% from 3. He didnt do anything. Nate robinson can put up 24 a game if he took as many shots as Iverson did. But who was his supporting case... Aaron Mckie, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Matt Geiger, Tyrone Hill, Jumanie Jones, Scott Williams, George Lynch...

****ing terrible teams outside Mckie who was a great 6th man.

blackcontrarian
12-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Most overrated player? Probably Kobe (present) and Hershey Hawkins (all time). Why is he considered a NBA Legends?

monsterBEN
12-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Bill Russell was a great rebounder but overall he has been overrated because of his rings.

15pts, 22reb, 44% from the field, 56% from the line.

OutWorkedByNo1
12-21-2012, 08:38 AM
am i the only one that thinks larry bird would've been adam morrison if he played now??

Onita
12-21-2012, 08:39 AM
am i the only one that thinks larry bird would've been adam morrison if he played now??

Yes

hardestout89
12-21-2012, 08:40 AM
wilt

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 08:42 AM

My bad forgot he was in the eastern conference where he made the playoffs with a 41-41 record.

bpatel82
12-21-2012, 08:49 AM
My bad forgot he was in the eastern conference where he made the playoffs with a 41-41 record.

So you stand corrected. Jordan never missed playoffs except his wizard years.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 08:57 AM

So cchar042 stands corrected. Jordan never missed playoffs except his wizard years.

u wot? I'm the one who brought up the Wizard years.

bpatel82
12-21-2012, 09:03 AM
u wot? I'm the one who brought up the Wizard years.

Sorry brah. Typo.

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
So cchar042 stands corrected. Jordan never missed playoffs except his wizard years.

He still missed the playoffs you mad Kobe wins

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 09:20 AM

i lol'd hard as fuk

BrainDonn
12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Charles Barkley. srs.

ClevageGobbler
12-21-2012, 09:37 AM
You could say Wilt. You can say Oscar Robertson. The rest of these answers are stupid as **** srs. To the dude who said Scottie Pippen, never post here again.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 09:40 AM
You could say Wilt. You can say Oscar Robertson. The rest of these answers are stupid as **** srs. To the dude who said Scottie Pippen, never post here again.

Dominating your era shouldn't make you overrated. Lebron, Kobe, MJ will be average (talent wise) compared to the superstars of 2035, but that doesn't mean they're going to be overrated.

To the guy who said Bill Russell, I think you're spot on. He's considered one of the greatest ever, but what statistic or advanced metric really supports it?

StarfaceChris
12-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Calling Kobe overrated is not the same as calling him bad. a good chunk of casual fans and Lakers homers think he's a top 3-4 player ALL TIME, while he's closer to top 15. There is nothing wrong with being one of the greatest 15 players of all time.
lol at top 15. you cant with a staright face name 15 players better than kobe. he's top 6-8 ot worst.

StarfaceChris
12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
only people who think kobe is overrated is the same phaggots who never watch him play or any basketball for that matter. just stat geeks who have nothing on him but average fg%. no one in nba history has the moves and ability to make shots like kobe. best scorer of all time.

ClevageGobbler
12-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Dominating your era shouldn't make you overrated. Lebron, Kobe, MJ will be average (talent wise) compared to the superstars of 2035, but that doesn't mean they're going to be overrated.

To the guy who said Bill Russell, I think you're spot on. He's considered one of the greatest ever, but what statistic or advanced metric really supports it?

LeBron, Kobe and MJ will be average talent wise compared to the superstars of 2035? I highly doubt that. Look at the players from the 80s: Magic and Bird still hold their own and then some over LeBron.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 11:03 AM
LeBron, Kobe and MJ will be average talent wise compared to the superstars of 2035? I highly doubt that. Look at the players from the 80s: Magic and Bird still hold their own and then some over LeBron.

Players are much faster, stronger, and just all around better now than they were in the past. Shaq would **** all over Wilt today and in the past. That's why you don't compare different eras. I do believe that Lebron >> Magic and Bird in talent and skill, but the caveat to that is Magic and Bird dominated their era more than Lebron is dominating his, which make Magic and Bird better overall.

arya24
12-21-2012, 11:07 AM
only people who think kobe is overrated is the same phaggots who never watch him play or any basketball for that matter. just stat geeks who have nothing on him but average fg%. no one in nba history has the moves and ability to make shots like kobe. best scorer of all time.

gnna have to agree with a red for once lol. and once again like a point out in every thread in the sports misc, this just shows how kobe is the most hated player in the nba

BrainDonn
12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
gnna have to agree with a red for once lol. and once again like a point out in every thread in the sports misc, this just shows how kobe is the most hated player in the nba

lebron is easily the most hated in the assoc. and reggie miller can easily make any move to shot Kobe can.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Kobe is outside the top 10 in career PPG and is probably closer to the 400-500 range in FG%. How is that the best scorer in league history?

AAshley1987
12-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Michael Jordan. Without pippen he would have 0 rings.

DFINC
12-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Lol @ this thread.

Most overrated is Lebron Raymone James

mayweathermusic
12-21-2012, 11:56 AM

He didn't do anything except lead probably the worst supporting cast in the history of the league to the NBA finals. Look at his numbers in Denver when he actually had a legit threat along side him, at the tail end of his career no less.

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Kobe is outside the top 10 in career PPG and is probably closer to the 400-500 range in FG%. How is that the best scorer in league history?

Fg percentage is the most overrated stat in basketball TS is a way better stat to measure player effincey. All those players that are inside the top 5 in scoring didn't attempt or make more threes then Kobe. Of course 3pt shots will bring your percentage down you are just a hater.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Fg percentage is the most overrated stat in basketball TS is a way better stat to measure player effincey. All those players that are inside the top 5 in scoring didn't attempt or make more threes then Kobe. Of course 3pt shots will bring your percentage down you are just a hater.

Ok, so we'll use TS%, in which Kobe is 120th. Lebron is 69th and Jordan is 72nd.

How about only being 18th in career PER? Jordan and Lebron are 1 and 2.

How about if you suck at shooting 3's, stop ****ing shooting them? Jordan shot 50% because he didn't shoot many 3's. Lebron's FG% has gone up every year except 1, and his 3PA's have steadily gone down. Kobe is 6th all time in 3PA, yet doesn't even crack the top 250 in 3P%.

Imonthesehoes
12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok, so we'll use TS%, in which Kobe is 120th. Lebron is 69th and Jordan is 72nd.

How about if you suck at shooting 3's, stop ****ing shooting them? Jordan shot 50% because he didn't shoot many 3's. Lebron's FG% has gone up every year except 1, and his 3PA's have steadily gone down.

How many rings does lebron have again you mad Kobe's passing Jordan in scoring and his on his way to number one. Strong hate

nvrstopworking
12-21-2012, 12:04 PM

I dunno brah.... Lewis and Bargnani? Definitely. Joe Johnson and Juwan Howard too.

But Wade? Lee? T-Mac? A.I.? Saying that those guys didn't give a fuk? notsureifsrs..... Lee is actually BEASTING this season TBH.

I will rep you if I get the chance!

lolwut.jpg

What made Bird great wasn't his body or his athleticism... it was his MIND.

Dude would still be wrecking it today.

Lulz. Expected Age: 20 and expected Red.

Left satisfied.

arya24
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM

How about if you suck at shooting 3's, stop ****ing shooting them? Jordan shot 50% because he didn't shoot many 3's. Lebron's FG% has gone up every year except 1, and his 3PA's have steadily gone down. Kobe is 6th all time in 3PA, yet doesn't even crack the top 250 in 3P%.

lmfao ur using a MADE UP STAT FROM ESPN as your argument. nuff said lmao

cchar042
12-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Every stat is "made up".

How about this, you pick any stat you want, and we'll debate that

arya24
12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Every stat is "made up".

How about this, you pick any stat you want, and we'll debate that

ok

# of rings :D
and like ive said in many other threads, stats mean nothing. if someone were too look at stats they would think lebron is goat. but anyone non delusional person who actually watches the game would tell u otherwise

bertishere
12-21-2012, 12:33 PM
i think jordan is slightly overrated and only on 1 basis.

i don't feel like looking it up, but that one season he took off back in the early 90's, his team only lost 3 more games or something. really goes to show you how well the bulls team was built, and they didn't need jordan to win games.

don't get me wrong he's a great player, but people need to get off his nuts.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
ok

# of rings :D
and like ive said in many other threads, stats mean nothing. if someone were too look at stats they would think lebron is goat. but anyone non delusional person who actually watches the game would tell u otherwise

Ok, so then Kobe is the 14th best player of all time (about where I think he should be). Maybe you're on to something!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/most_championships.html

i think jordan is slightly overrated and only on 1 basis.

i don't feel like looking it up, but that one season he took off back in the early 90's, his team only lost 3 more games or something. really goes to show you how well the bulls team was built, and they didn't need jordan to win games.

don't get me wrong he's a great player, but people need to get off his nuts.

Good post, and I don't disagree. Jordan was the greatest ever, but he wasn't as far ahead of the pack as everybody says.

nofear24pr
12-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Kobe? isnt even close to top 5 all time, only argument is "5 rings" but for 3 he was the 2nd best player on his team

What?!! Hahhaa i dont neg you because thats your opinion. How is Kobe not even in top 5?

2nd best? Shaq and Kobe play completely different positions and neither could have won those championships alone.

Name a player that can make the difficult shots he makes consistently and someone else you would give the ball to on the last seconds of a game.

Ivan7x
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Put u in the red for calling Iverson overrated u dumb phaggot

L0lJ0ker3
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Negging op for saying Iverson is overrated. And I never neg.

Oh and the retard who said D Rose is overrated? Kill yourself.

cchar042
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
What?!! Hahhaa i dont neg you because thats your opinion. How is Kobe not even in top 5?

2nd best? Shaq and Kobe play completely different positions and neither could have won those championships alone.

Name a player that can make the difficult shots he makes consistently and someone else you would give the ball to on the last seconds of a game.

Kobe should be one of the last players chosen to take a clutch shot.

Trailing by one or two points, or tied, in the final 24 seconds of regular-season and playoff games since 1996-97, with a minimum of 30 shots.

Kobe 36-115, 31.3%

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

PuNjAbixxPheNoM
12-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Thread is all about Kobe now

NF0913
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM
derrick rose. obviously not bc of his injury... i had been saying this for awhile before he got injured.

lol @ him winning an mvp over lebron.

BrainDonn
12-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Put u in the red for calling Iverson overrated u dumb phaggot

at least tell us why you think he isnt

P51
12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Derek Fisher. srs. BRB get starting job at 40 yrs old for "veteran leadership" when I was **** even when I was 25 yrs old.

BRB avg 11/5 in 38mpg....in my prime.

BRB Rick fox was known for defense, Big shot Horry for big shots.....and me for standing around passing the ball to Kobe.I'd agree with this.

4backcracks
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Scotty Pippen.

In Jordan's first year away from the NBA Scottie led the Bulls to the Conference Finals, and they would have made the finals were it not for one of the most famous blown calls in NBA history. This is a testament to the fact that behind Jordan he was willing to sacrifice scoring and ego for the team, and instead Pippen became a maestro of the little things like defense, rebounding, spacing/distributing etc. He made himself the perfect jack of all trades, and the perfect teammate for a superstar. In '95 he led his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

I guess I don't know where you rank him, but there can be no doubt at all that he was a top 50 player of all time, top 25 according to Simmons.

eyeswideshut23
12-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Lol @ people saying Lebron James is overrated. Please go.

m30wc0w
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
umm you do know that per is a stat used by people who are actually experienced at analyzing the game, right?

most overrated player: probably Deron Williams

4backcracks
12-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Negging op for saying Iverson is overrated. And I never neg.

Oh and the retard who said D Rose is overrated? Kill yourself.

negged for being an ass and contributing nothing to the conversation.

The Bulls went 18-9 without D Rose in 2011-2012, which includes 2 wins over the Celtics (the best 2nd half team in the East last year) and one over the Heat. I can't say I know enough about the Bulls and their offense to say D Rose wasn't that important, but the Bulls were still a top 2 team in the East without him.

Just as OP said AI was largely a volume shooter. He didn't make his teammates better, he didn't significantly improve his game in the playoffs, and he never got a ring. I would still say he is HOF for sure, but his legacy should be remembered as just another Dr J/'Nique type.

m30wc0w
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
negged for being an ass and contributing nothing to the conversation.

The Bulls went 18-9 without D Rose in 2011-2012, which includes 2 wins over the Celtics (the best 2nd half team in the East last year) and one over the Heat. I can't say I know enough about the Bulls and their offense to say D Rose wasn't that important, but the Bulls were still a top 2 team in the East without him.

Just as OP said AI was largely a volume shooter. He didn't make his teammates better, he didn't significantly improve his game in the playoffs, and he never got a ring. I would still say he is HOF for sure, but his legacy should be remembered as just another Dr J/'Nique type.
agreed. Tom Thibodeau is the reason the Bulls are such a great team, not just Derrick Rose (not to take away from anything he's done though, he's the best score-first PG in the league when healthy and is a capable pass-first guy too)

DFINC
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Lebron James is overrated

Briah
12-21-2012, 02:31 PM
i was unaware that kobe had so many haters lmfao @ everyone saying kobe.

do u even basketball?

roadtrippin
12-21-2012, 02:32 PM
kobetards are on the prowl

JM2412
12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Wat?

TheRejuvenated
12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Well Iverson WAS a volume shooter but considering his 2000-2001 or w/e team had NO other offensive players... he had to.

The problem came several years later when he was still shooting 3-24 and stuff even with some teammates, he didn't adjust much, and that's a reason why he left the RBA early.

Shortstop36
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Iverson? shouldnt even be in HOF discussion. Inefficient volume shooter

Sorry OP.

Allen Iverson has his place in history as being a dominant scorer, and also bringing arguably the worst team of all time to the finals, he deserves what people call him. A scorer, he's not known as much else.

Overrated?: Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Yao Ming

Patient Bear
12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Ray Allen

Otaman
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Jeremy Lin

StarfaceChris
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
as expected no talk about players game just talk about how they are not in the top of the advanced effecincy stats. so many nerds on the internet i swear. when you play pick up ball do you first count whats the fg%/ts%/per for all the guys on the court before picking them? lmao

FlabbyAndSick
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Players are much faster, stronger, and just all around better now than they were in the past. Shaq would **** all over Wilt today and in the past. That's why you don't compare different eras. I do believe that Lebron >> Magic and Bird in talent and skill, but the caveat to that is Magic and Bird dominated their era more than Lebron is dominating his, which make Magic and Bird better overall.

As overrated as wilt is, shaq would not sh!t on him. Wilt was a great athlete. Ran track, was a high jumper. Old ass wilt was blocking the unblockable kareem skyhook. It would be a good matchup.

And I would take bird and magic over lebron. Bird's and Magic's heart >>>>> Lebron's. Bird played in an era of dominant big men, played with two hof big men, couldn't jump, was slow as sh!t and still managed to average 10 boards a game. The "great" LBJ has never gotten 10 boards a game for all his physical prowess in this weakass centers era. Shooting, passing, rebounding larry bird was >>>. Isnt bron bron shooting 65% from the line? Fukking disgusting.

FlabbyAndSick
12-21-2012, 04:26 PM
In Jordan's first year away from the NBA Scottie led the Bulls to the Conference Finals, and they would have made the finals were it not for one of the most famous blown calls in NBA history. This is a testament to the fact that behind Jordan he was willing to sacrifice scoring and ego for the team, and instead Pippen became a maestro of the little things like defense, rebounding, spacing/distributing etc. He made himself the perfect jack of all trades, and the perfect teammate for a superstar. In '95 he led his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

I guess I don't know where you rank him, but there can be no doubt at all that he was a top 50 player of all time, top 25 according to Simmons.

LMAO That never happened!

20 years old. No wonder. You probably just heard some Jordan hater say this and ran with it. You were 2 years old at the time. Check the facts before you spew nonsense.

During the '94-'95 season pippen was begging for Jordan to comeback and when Jordan came back, Jordan led the team in points per game and assists per game.

4backcracks
12-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Wat?

By this I meant that he was good for lots of highlight plays, great stats, high scoring etc. but his legacy will be tied to the fact that he was not a winner.

LMAO That never happened!

20 years old. No wonder. You probably just heard some Jordan hater say this and ran with it. You were 2 years old at the time. Check the facts before you spew nonsense.

During the '94-'95 season pippen was begging for Jordan to comeback and when Jordan came back, Jordan led the team in points per game and assists per game.

If you had known at all what I was talking about you would probably have just said "No wait, that was in the conference semis."

In 94-95 Pippen led his team in totals for each figure. Jordan's 17 games isn't enough to be counted for team or NBA records for per stats anyway, but that's not even the point I'm making. I'm saying that to lead your team in every statistical category (while still being it's top on ball defender) is something only 2 other players have done since 1980 (LBJ and KG) and that that alone is enough to call Scottie a great NBA player.

Why does the sports misc think age is such an important factor in these conversations, especially basketball? Bro, unless you're about 40 you weren't in any position to be watching Jordan's Bulls in an intelligent way either.

Please go.

DFINC
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Lebron overrated as fukk cuz

FlabbyAndSick
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
By this I meant that he was good for lots of highlight plays, great stats, high scoring etc. but his legacy will be tied to the fact that he was not a winner.

If you had known at all what I was talking about you would probably have just said "No wait, that was in the conference semis."

In 94-95 Pippen led his team in totals for each figure. Jordan's 17 games isn't enough to be counted for team or NBA records for per stats anyway, but that's not even the point I'm making. I'm saying that to lead your team in every statistical category (while still being it's top on ball defender) is something only 2 other players have done since 1980 (LBJ and KG) and that that alone is enough to call Scottie a great NBA player.

Why does the sports misc think age is such an important factor in these conversations, especially basketball? Bro, unless you're about 40 you weren't in any position to be watching Jordan's Bulls in an intelligent way either.

Please go.

LMAO@ "if you knew what I was talking about". Fool, if you knew what you were talking about I wouldn't have corrected you. "Oh pip brought them to the conference finals. They almost made it to the FINALS if it weren't for a blown call." STFU. They were 2 rounds away from the finals numbnuts. 20 year old pls go.

Strizzz
12-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Lol'd@anyone saying Iverson. Team had a grade of a ****ing solid D- without him.

BRB second best player Eric Snow.......................

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
only 2 players get called the greatest of all time by people who actually mean it.

one is the greatest of all time.

the other is an overrated balding rapist phaggot who clones the other one. the moat.

TexasMajor
12-21-2012, 07:25 PM
only 2 players get called the greatest of all time by people who actually mean it.

the other is an overrated balding rapist phaggot who clones the other one. the moat.

The Daewoo Lanos was probably the worst car ever sold in North America......Possibly just as bad as your posts.

PHAGGOT

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 07:40 PM
The Daewoo Lanos was probably the worst car ever sold in North America......Possibly just as bad as your posts.

PHAGGOT

http://i.imgur.com/yLTPH.jpg

DFINC
12-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Tell me why Lebron James isn't overrated?

GPx
12-21-2012, 07:42 PM

especially lol'd at balding part considering who your obsession is...

jkeithc82
12-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Overrated?: Yao Ming

Why?

_Translucency
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Scotty Pippen.

Pippen may be underrated. Get real.

Magic Johnson

No.

I find guys in the Gilbert Arenas, Joe Johnson, Rashard Lewis range to be overrated. Guys like Kobe Bryant and LeBron James? Sure, you could argue they may be inflated but no sensible person would argue either of them are not all-time greats we should consider ourselves blessed to have an opportunity to watch.

4backcracks
12-21-2012, 07:46 PM
LMAO@ "if you knew what I was talking about". Fool, if you knew what you were talking about I wouldn't have corrected you. "Oh pip brought them to the conference finals. They almost made it to the FINALS if it weren't for a blown call." STFU. They were 2 rounds away from the finals numbnuts. 20 year old pls go.

Lol you gonna add mentally retarded to flabby and sick? You're sitting here trying to argue that Pippen was not an all time great, and apparently trying to argue that Pipp did not (to all intents and purposes) carry a team to an ECF.

No avi who is probably 24 and knows nothing about basketball. pls go.

dizzin9
12-21-2012, 07:47 PM
too many "basketball experts" ITT

http://i.imgur.com/QSKWx.gif

TexasMajor
12-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Lol. Your negs are weak son but your tears taste like sh!t. Stay mad nicca. You softer than my Lexus leather. pssy nicca

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yLTPH.jpg[img]

especially lol'd at balding part considering who your obsession is...

Lol. Your negs are weak son but your tears taste like sh!t. Stay mad nicca. You softer than my Lexus leather. pssy nicca

#24 MOAT

DFINC
12-21-2012, 08:00 PM

lolololl

GPx
12-21-2012, 08:04 PM

#24 MOAT

http://memecrunch.com/image/4fe8dd3318613320da00a2ba.jpg

RyzinEnagy
12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
so you're telling me that this lineup could go to the NBA Finals??????:

Nate Robinson G Aaron McKie G Jumaine Jones F Tyrone Hill F Dikembe Mutombo C

Are we really giving him credit for making it out of the Eastern Conference in the early 2000s?

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
[img]http://memecrunch.com/image/4fe8dd3318613320da00a2ba.jpg[img]

the MOAT has a cute smile. at least that's what 19 year old white girls think.

GPx
12-21-2012, 08:15 PM
the MOAT has a cute smile. at least that's what 19 year old white girls think.

Confused, is being attractive to 19 year old girls a bad thing?

I guess it all makes sense now...

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2062888_o.gif

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Confused, is being attractive to 19 year old girls a bad thing?

I guess it all makes sense now...

img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2062888_o.gif[/img]

moats gonna rape

Lakersbake
12-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Daewoo seems really mad.

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Daewoo seems really mad.

MOATs gonna MOAT

GPx
12-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Daewoo seems really mad.

Old man that's obsessed with two athletes, pretty sad life he's living.

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Old man that's obsessed with two athletes, pretty sad life he's living.

GPx
12-21-2012, 08:43 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/kobe-bryant-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1660.gif

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 08:44 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/kobe-bryant-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1660.gif

MOATs gonna chuckle

FGCHENG
12-21-2012, 08:51 PM

nothing wrong with Lebron being top 25 player of all time. He isn't bad, but laughable if he's even mention among the top greats of all time in this point of his career.

chlaxman
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Dunno if I'd call him overrated, but Karl Malone.

PieceAMind
12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Allan Houston

DasWunderBrah
12-21-2012, 09:15 PM

this is the worst fking post I've seen on the sports misc.

Daewoo_Lanos
12-21-2012, 09:20 PM
this is the worst fking post I've seen on the sports misc.

i lol'd irl. most def

raffy27
12-21-2012, 09:20 PM
James Lebron, he is versatile player

Briah
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
larry bird (srs)

ClevageGobbler
12-21-2012, 09:40 PM
larry bird (srs)

Larry Bird is as tough as they come bruh I don't think anybody except you thinks he's overrated.

P51
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I can't believe no one else is saying Derek Fisher. Guy is pretty bad for having 5 rings.

AirCanada
12-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Larry Bird, a shorter slower uglier more American Dirk that couldn't play outside of his era.

Lol notsureifsrs. You're acting as if there were no athletic freaks in Bird's era. He played at an incredibly high level for at least 4 years with a completely fukked up back in an athletic league.

His shooting, IQ, and court vision would make him a top player in any era.

kronzino
12-21-2012, 09:46 PM
It's kind of hard to say who's overrated in basketball because you can't really be overrated without being good at something... In football it's a lot easier to be overrated because of the extra teamwork...

If you wanna go by MVPs... Nash, Rose, Malone, Barkley etc can be considered overrated but it's not fair to them because there are always other reasons for the award than just simply being the best player.

Everyone's just saying players they only read about or the players they hate.

If I gotta pick one I'll say Bill Walton (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/waltobi01.html). Not gonna act like I watched him play but most of his reputation is from his college days and what he could have been. HOF and NBA 50 greatest players are a bit too much for what he was able to do in the NBA.

yungbreezy
12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I can't believe no one else is saying Derek Fisher. Guy is pretty bad for having 5 rings.

He's not overrated though, everyone knows he was nothing more than a role player, how does that make him overrated?

kronzino
12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
He's not overrated though, everyone knows he was nothing more than a role player, how does that make him overrated?

As a long time Fish hating Laker fan, I gotta agree that his "intangibles and leadership" are very overrated. I don't give a fukk if he's the greatest leader in the locker room, he fukking sucked.

dRose37
12-21-2012, 10:03 PM
ITT we have a whole bunch of sports miscers nominating players they dont like as "overrated"

Five10Low
12-21-2012, 10:17 PM
How many rings does lebron have again you mad Kobe's passing Jordan in scoring and his on his way to number one. Strong hate

Kobe's just keeping the throne warm until lebron gets home. U mad?

sdballer5588
12-21-2012, 10:22 PM
I love how anyone says Kobe and 15 Laker fans show up for great justice, and call other people obsessed.

Holy fck give it a rest.

TexasMajor
12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I love how anyone says Kobe and 15 Laker fans show up for great justice, and call other people obsessed.

Holy fck give it a rest.

shut up, bitch aint no one talking to you.

HumptyBrah
12-21-2012, 11:07 PM

Rings are more relevant in basketball than in any other major American sport

yungbreezy
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM

Holy fck give it a rest.

Have you ever made a post not mentioning Kobe or the Lakers?

Insane Clown
12-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Good post, and I don't disagree. Jordan was the greatest ever, but he wasn't as far ahead of the pack as everybody says. I think this is kind of right and kind of wrong.

First, it should be noted that had Jordan continued to play with the Bulls, they would have been heavy, heavy near-certain favorites to win the championship.

A good playoff team and NBA champion is a pretty big difference, so this argument about the dropoff the Bulls faced when Jordan exited is sometimes given more weight then it is due.

Second, I think people don't realize the type of effect your position on the court has. Jordan really is pretty much as far ahead of the SG pack as everyone thinks he is in terms of dominating the game from that position. The problem comes when you try to compare across positions.

A PG really has the ability to pace the game in a way SGs don't. Jordan did this better then any other SG, but that's not going to crack the top of how all-time PGs have done it. A dominant center can control an entire section of the floor, on both offense and defense, in a way that simply can't be done by a wing, no matter how great. Shaq, for example, only needed to be a little bit better then the opposing center to add to his team's chances at the same level Jordan could by being a lot better then the opposing SG.

So do we rate greatness based on how much you add from your role, in which we'll find that the difference between Jordan and the next best SG is larger then say, the difference between Magic Johnson and the next best PG? Or do we just go by what level of total dropoff your team experiences in your absence? (Again, going from good playoff team to just about lock for the title is still a pretty big drop.)

FlabbyAndSick
12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Lol you gonna add mentally retarded to flabby and sick? You're sitting here trying to argue that Pippen was not an all time great, and apparently trying to argue that Pipp did not (to all intents and purposes) carry a team to an ECF.

No avi who is probably 24 and knows nothing about basketball. pls go.

Where the fukk did i say pip wasn't an all time great you fool? I corrected your dumbass.

And I'm not arguing that pip did not carry a team to the ECF.......because he didn't. There is no argument to be made. It's a fact. You can't argue against a fact. He didn't carry sh!t to the ECF.

GTFOH with your comment section/wikipedia brainwash education.

And lol @ a 20 yr old imbecile calling out an alleged's 24 year old's knowledge of basketball. wheredeydodatat? Go the fukk back to youtube.

DFINC
12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Lol @ this thread. real tawk..Lebron James is a pretty overrated basketball player. Gets all his point in transition, gifted a championship in his 9th season by refs.

arman24
12-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Jordan was the most overrated of all time get over yourselves nuthuggers the media overrated him beyond belief it was ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMsD9QyJuU

jross2021
12-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Carmelo Anthony

Right here. People are putting him on Kobe LeBron and Durant level and he's not even close.

4backcracks
12-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Where the fukk did i say pip wasn't an all time great you fool? I corrected your dumbass.

And I'm not arguing that pip did not carry a team to the ECF.......because he didn't. There is no argument to be made. It's a fact. You can't argue against a fact. He didn't carry sh!t to the ECF.

GTFOH with your comment section/wikipedia brainwash education.

And lol @ a 20 yr old imbecile calling out an alleged's 24 year old's knowledge of basketball. wheredeydodatat? Go the fukk back to youtube.

Every post you make betrays how dim witted you are.

Pick a basketball writer (Ryan, McCallum, Simmons, Wilbon etc.) of your choice and you be able to find a quote of them saying the reason why Scottie didn't make an ECF was because of a historically bad call. I don't care if you can't wrap your mind around this. It's an accepted part of basketball history.

I'm not calling out your age. I'm saying you're retarded for calling out my age, because unless you're a 35-40 year old man you don't know **** about Jordan either. Strong grade school level reading comp.