PDA

View Full Version : Having Difficulty Figuring Out Caloric Requirements

Kusie
12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm wanting to cut while on the program entitled "Intermediate/Advance Routine" in the workout section of the forum. It's a high volume routine, 10RM on the first set and then as many sets as you need afterward to complete 50 reps. It runs on a 6-day split. I am having a rough time trying to figure out the nutrition part of everything. If somebody could chime in and lend me a hand before I drive myself nuts trying to figure it out, I'd really appreciate it. I know there's a great sticky on nutrition and everything else in this forum, but it hasn't really helped me figure out where I need to be in correlation with this program. Every time i try to figure it out I just confuse myself so I thought i'd ask. I want to drop body fat while maintaining (hopefully slowly growing) the muscle that i have. I don't really know what my bf% is but Here are a few pics of where I was at about 4-5 months ago when my bf% was lower (hurt my back and was out of the gym till now)

5187453 5187463 5187473

Here are my stats:

Weight: 170lbs

Height: 5'7"

Apart from doing this routine 6 times a week, I'm kind of inactive. My part time job involves walking and other than that I'm not routinely active. I want to start incorporating some low intensity cardio into my routine 6 or so times a week as well. Am I in the ballpark estimating that my maintenance cals should be at around 2300? If so, what should my calorie intake look like while on this program on training and non training days if i'm trying to cut? I'm not sure how many calories each one of these high-volume training sessions burn which is part of the reason i'm having a hard time with this. Right now i'm eating between 1800-1900 calories a day which I think is too low.

Thanks for reading guys

AlwaysTryin
12-16-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm wanting to cut while on the program entitled "Intermediate/Advance Routine" in the workout section of the forum. It's a high volume routine, 10RM on the first set and then as many sets as you need afterward to complete 50 reps. It runs on a 6-day split. I am having a rough time trying to figure out the nutrition part of everything. If somebody could chime in and lend me a hand before I drive myself nuts trying to figure it out, I'd really appreciate it. I know there's a great sticky on nutrition and everything else in this forum, but it hasn't really helped me figure out where I need to be in correlation with this program. Every time i try to figure it out I just confuse myself so I thought i'd ask. I want to drop body fat while maintaining (hopefully slowly growing) the muscle that i have. I don't really know what my bf% is but Here are a few pics of where I was at about 4-5 months ago when my bf% was lower (hurt my back and was out of the gym till now)

5187453 5187463 5187473

Here are my stats:

Weight: 170lbs

Height: 5'7"

Apart from doing this routine 6 times a week, I'm kind of inactive. My part time job involves walking and other than that I'm not routinely active. I want to start incorporating some low intensity cardio into my routine 6 or so times a week as well. Am I in the ballpark estimating that my maintenance cals should be at around 2300? If so, what should my calorie intake look like while on this program on training and non training days if i'm trying to cut? I'm not sure how many calories each one of these high-volume training sessions burn which is part of the reason i'm having a hard time with this. Right now i'm eating between 1800-1900 calories a day which I think is too low.

Thanks for reading guys

Work out TDEE
Work out protein/fat/carb requirements
Lift and eat

Kusie
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Work out TDEE
Work out protein/fat/carb requirements
Lift and eat

I made this thread because I need help figuring that out. I don't know where my activity level is at which is making it difficult to determine my TDEE.