PDA

View Full Version : Pre workout?

Codyblah
12-13-2012, 03:57 PM
So my main question about this is how far do you space your pre protein shake from your pre workout booster? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Tdiguy
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
seeing i take neither i space them out very far apart

k9pit
12-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I never understood the point of a pre-workout protein shake.

Not to derail the thread, but somebody please aware me.

Thanks.

psychodiver9
12-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I never understood the point of a pre-workout protein shake.

Not to derail the thread, but somebody please aware me.

Thanks.

If you're going to have a shake it's actually more beneficial pre than post

BWC101
12-13-2012, 04:59 PM
If you're going to have a shake it's actually more beneficial pre than post

That doesnt 'explain' mate.

To be honest I couldnt think of anything worse than dumping whey protein pre workout but thats just me.

educated_Derelict
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I workout in the mornings after I wake up. I have a protein shake with breakfast, then I have a yogurt and a pre work out 45 minutes after my shake/breakfast.

Octaviankid
12-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Are you training first thing in the morning?

Pre workouts usually work best on an empty stomach...So I'd take your pre 30-45 before the gym...and drink the protein shake on your way to the gym. By the time you're warmed up the AA's will have already been absorbed..assuming you're taking whey.

WonderPug
12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Pre workouts usually work best on an empty stomach...So I'd take your pre 30-45 before the gym...and drink the protein shake on your way to the gym.I presume you're joking or trolling, right?

NoelMariano
12-13-2012, 09:31 PM
So my main question about this is how far do you space your pre protein shake from your pre workout booster? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

an hour-hour 130 if with milk, that's for me back then when i used to mess with pre workout supps. I find it the best way to take pre workout supplements is on empty stomach like wake up, chugg on pre, gym, profit. BUT thats just me.

Codyblah
12-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah I take whey I was curious because I know there are benefits to taking protein before as we'll as after just didn't know how well taking a pre-workout and protein would be or if it would be suggested.

schnitzer31
12-14-2012, 06:34 AM
just take your pre-wo 30 mins before you work out and leave the whey for post-wo. If you want to take whey before and after then maybe try about 1 hour before your pre-wo.

Codyblah
12-14-2012, 09:10 AM
just take your pre-wo 30 mins before you work out and leave the whey for post-wo. If you want to take whey before and after then maybe try about 1 hour before your pre-wo.

Thanks that what was what I was thinking if I were to try to combine the two before I would separate them by about an hour.