PDA

View Full Version : What's Lebrons legacy if he only wins 1 title?

mayweatherfanbo
12-13-2012, 12:49 AM
well?

yungbreezy
12-13-2012, 01:00 AM
bout 350

Briah
12-13-2012, 01:34 AM
bout 9000

Rambostyne
12-13-2012, 06:07 AM
bout 9350

BullStampede
12-13-2012, 06:19 AM
better than yours.

cchar042
12-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Better than Kobe.

its50
12-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Better than Kobe.

Red Sox - Patriots - Bruins - Celtics - Friars

lol

Zuus
12-13-2012, 07:40 AM
best athlete to ever play the game, and top 10 player ever

Masstastic
12-13-2012, 07:54 AM
best athlete to ever play the game, and top 10 player ever

This.

Probably get the Shaq treatment with saying he was so dominant, but he could've/should've worked on more to his game "skill wise".

persianbloak
12-13-2012, 09:58 AM
better than kobe.

rofl

miketheblade
12-13-2012, 11:12 AM
brb piggy back on D wayde

GetBigyo
12-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Malone won zero and is regarded as somewhere top 12-15.

LeBron will still likely rack up more MVPs. Instead of being top 5 with more rings, he'll be just top 10.

3nt3r51l3nc3
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM
probably that he was one of the most dominant players to ever play the game but he had no killer instinct and he underachieved most of his career.

cchar042
12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Red Sox - Patriots - Bruins - Celtics - Friars

lol

rofl

Kobe's best season (by PER) would be Lebron's 7th best.

IDontPlay247
12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
lol @ one poverty ring

A top 10 player should be able to lead their team to more championships. Like someone else said if he retires after x amount of years, wins MVP numerous times and only ends up with one ring that just shows a lack of killer instinct.

cchar042
12-13-2012, 11:38 AM
lol @ one poverty ring

A top 10 player should be able to lead their team to more championships. Like someone else said if he retires after x amount of years, wins MVP numerous times and only ends up with one ring that just shows a lack of killer instinct.

Jerry West and Oscar Robertson only won 1 championship and they're considered 2 of the greatest players ever.

Schmyzz
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
bottom 10 player in history srs

BullStampede
12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
lol @ one poverty ring

lol at your understanding of team sports and use of dip**** buzzwords like "killer instinct"

SpiderSense
12-13-2012, 12:55 PM
The guy who got lucky.

ThaWorldIsYours
12-13-2012, 12:58 PM
He's going to hit 30k points probably at the age of 32 (shattering Kobe's "youngest to 30k" record)

He's going to eclipse 10k rebounds and probably 8k assists.

When it's all said and done, he'll probably be top 5 all-time in points, top 10 in assists, and top 40 in rebounds. He's going to create his own club of 30k-10k-8k

Add on his MVP's (3 and counting), all-NBA and all-defense awards (he'll win these every year until he retires) and he'll end up being the most decorated player of all time besides Michael.

So I'd say even if he never wins another title (the odds of that are pretty slim), he'll still warrant his name being in the top 5.

That's not even mentioning the fact that he'll retire with the greatest or 2nd greatest average PER of all-time. Being the most efficient player in history while still shooting 20 times a game is a pretty strong argument to be mentioned with the greats

SpiderSense
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Micheal Jordan
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Bill Russel
Lebron James
Kareem Abdul Jabar
Wilt Chamberlain

Ect-kgxBb4M

BullStampede
12-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Micheal Jordan
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Bill Russel
Lebron James
Kareem Abdul Jabar
Wilt Chamberlain

Ect-kgxBb4M

LeBron is the small forward.

SRSmiscerIZsrs
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
probably that he was one of the most dominant players to ever play the game but he had no killer instinct and he underachieved most of his career.

This and the guy who couldnt hack it and ran south to join up with all stars in the prime of their careers. This isnt your typical end of career type ring chasing move, this was the move that changed the game. It started all the free agent phaggotry with players being b1tches and joining up with their besties.

dont forget lebron has 1 ring*

its50
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
then i'd laugh. all the hype and only 1 ring*

isawthesign
12-13-2012, 01:45 PM
If you take away all of the longevity and 30,000+ points or whatever and All-Star appearances, Kobe, at his highest peak, was never better than Lebron in any of his top 4-5 seasons, and that's a fact. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to find a season where Kobe was significantly better than Lebron (except for Lebron's rookie year)... so I'm talking about Lebron from 2004-2008 (before he was even MVP).

isawthesign
12-13-2012, 01:50 PM
lol @ anyone using words like "killer instinct", "down in the trenches", "warrior" to describe basketball. This is a ****in game you phaggots. Don't ever compare basketball to war ever again. 30 for 30 has brainwashed most of you phaggots to believing everything is epic/film/documentary worthy.

To get to the NBA (regardless if you're star or 13th man on the bench), you've work your butt off. You've put in work and prepared yourself physically and mentally everyday to get to the NBA. How many times have we seen 6'8"+ guys looking like a straight up tank not make it to the NBA? Look at the dudes in the D-league, all of that size, speed, and strength and still couldn't make it in the NBA. Look overseas... same thing. You guys honestly don't think Lebron works as hard as anyone in the league to get better? You think he doesn't care? Of course, he cares.

cchar042
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
If you take away all of the longevity and 30,000+ points or whatever and All-Star appearances, Kobe, at his highest peak, was never better than Lebron in any of his top 4-5 seasons, and that's a fact. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to find a season where Kobe was significantly better than Lebron (except for Lebron's rookie year)... so I'm talking about Lebron from 2004-2008 (before he was even MVP).

Just look at PER. Kobe's best season would only be Lebrons 7th best.

The only times Kobe didn't have a potential hall of famer playing with him, he missed the playoffs once and had 2 first round exits. I understand that Lebron only has the 1 ring, but he never had anybody worth a damn in Cleveland and so he moved on to a team with a better front office. Kobe tried at least once to force a trade out of LA, but they have a great front office and were able to surround him with talent. If Kobe played for a perennial loser like Cleveland early on, he would've left too, there's only so much 1 player can do for a franchise.

BullStampede
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM

The only times Kobe didn't have a potential hall of famer playing with him, he missed the playoffs once and had 2 first round exits. I understand that Lebron only has the 1 ring, but he never had anybody worth a damn in Cleveland and so he moved on to a team with a better front office. Kobe tried at least once to force a trade out of LA, but they have a great front office and were able to surround him with talent. If Kobe played for a perennial loser like Cleveland early on, he would've left too, there's only so much 1 player can do for a franchise.

dont even bother bro

StarfaceChris
12-13-2012, 02:13 PM

how do idiots like this get so much rep?

cchar042
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM

What is idiotic about my post?

BullStampede
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM

strong rebuttal.

Zuus
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
lebron may be last player who can challenge kareem for all time leading scorer. with the talent level increasing and the mandatory year in college, it would take an absolute freak to challenge it from here on out

im talkin someones dwights size who could move like d rose

even KD if he keeps up his pace wouldnt do it. say lebron averages 30 a game, thats 2400 points KD would have to gain ground on him for that 1 year he had to go to Texas

Masstastic
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Russell
Duncan
LeBron

No disrespect to Hakeem, but he'd hypothetically slide out of the Top 10 to #11.

At the same time there are people who dont think Bill Russell should even be put that high due to the era, competition level, and that he didnt dominate the way Wilt did.

Zuus
12-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Russell
Duncan
LeBron

No disrespect to Hakeem, but he'd hypothetically slide out of the Top 10 to #11.

At the same time there are people who dont think Bill Russell should even be put that high due to the era, competition level, and that he didnt dominate the way Wilt did.

you know the list is starting to get tough when hakeem, the most skilled true 5 of all time doesnt crack the top 10 anymore. when I first read what you wrote I was like WHAT THE FUK! but then I looked at list and had hard time pulling anyone else off it. if anyone it would have to be lebron

isawthesign
12-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Russell
Duncan
LeBron

lol @ kobe over shaq + duncan... and throw in hakeem while you're at it. its obvious none of you guys have ever played basketball in your life. bunch of ****in neckbeards, reddit browsing phaggots who have never played the game, i guess defense aka the other 50% of the game doesn't mean anything more. bigs like garnett and duncan (in addition to being the primary scorers of their teams) are the defensive anchor of that team. you cannot even begin to fathom the impact they have on the defensive end rebounding and blocking or altering every shot. if you've ever played basketball before, you would know the type of impact a guy like duncan, kg, or hakeem has on the game. and lets not act like they couldnt score either, all three have historic numbers in scoring as well (all, 20,000+) and numerous scoring in the playoffs accolades (which is probably the ONLY thing imo that kobe has over these guys... scoring and putting up points, although at a lower percentage)

ClevageGobbler
12-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Russell
Duncan
LeBron

Very solid list but why do why do you think Wilt is better than Kareem and why does LeBron get the tenth spot over Hakeem?

ClevageGobbler
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
lol @ kobe over shaq + duncan...

You have to be joking. Did you even watch Kobe play 2008-2010? I sort of agree with some of the points in the rest of your post though. Every year I respect the C and PF more and more but the conditions the guards and small forwards have to work with is just as demanding just in different ways.

Shortstop36
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Behind Michael Jordan
Ahead of Kobe Bryant