PDA

View Full Version : i thought dwight was the best defensive player in the nba??

StreetSharks
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
how does he make a great team so much worse?

1800_Cool_Guy
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Because carlito from the wwe cancels him out.

Maximum
12-11-2012, 11:31 PM
dude is so athletic and has potential through the roof....but just so plumb dumb. even w his shot blocking....anyone worth their while would acknowledge that he is athletic enough to block a ton of shots AND keep them in bounds to start the break. can't hit crunch ft's...no post moves...just glorified.

Tony Allen and LBJ are way better defensive players...even the Matrix at times.

gswarrior510
12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
dude is so athletic and has potential through the roof....but just so plumb dumb. even w his shot blocking....anyone worth their while would acknowledge that he is athletic enough to block a ton of shots AND keep them in bounds to start the break. can't hit crunch ft's...no post moves...just glorified.

Tony Allen and LBJ are way better defensive players...even the Matrix at times.

you don't even NBA. There is no comparison between the defensive impact of a perimeter player and a big (Except for maybe Pippen and even them Hakeem and others trump him).

especially Lebron, he's been ****ty on defense this year.

StreetSharks
12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
you don't even NBA. There is no comparison between the defensive impact of a perimeter player and a big (Except for maybe Pippen and even them Hakeem and others trump him).

in b4 this becomes a lebron v kobe thread

Maximum
12-12-2012, 12:07 AM

cause i see D12 saving the Lakers w his defense. sorry dude...dont even come at me w your 21 yrs of age and talking about Hakeem or Pip....Ive been watching NBA longer than you've been breathing. Defense starts where the ball is...you probably love those flashy swats to the stands, with no regard to everything else. No doubt D12 is a good defender, but he is not the end all.

mayweatherfanbo
12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
It's Mike Brown. He's the problem.

CptnAwesome
12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
cause i see D12 saving the Lakers w his defense. sorry dude...dont even come at me w your 21 yrs of age and talking about Hakeem or Pip....Ive been watching NBA longer than you've been breathing. Defense starts where the ball is...you probably love those flashy swats to the stands, with no regard to everything else. No doubt D12 is a good defender, but he is not the end all.

Oh look, another person who claims age is the know all and end all to everything NBA. I agree with you that D12 is not going to be the Laker defensive savior, but please save your age-preaching, it just makes you look pathetic.

SompletelyCober
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh look, another person who claims age is the know all and end all to everything NBA. I agree with you that D12 is not going to be the Laker defensive savior, but please save your age-preaching, it just makes you look pathetic.

Not to brag but I'm quite the wordsmith and I have no fuking clue what this means.

Maximum
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM

its actually pretty valid if someone uses an example and is questionable at their age in comprehending what they're actually watching. but let me guess...you'd take a kid 10-15yrs of age's observation of what's going on in the nba right now as truth. go ahead. all in all, he had no point in bringing up Dream and Pip to compare, but he did. Therefore, that's where it's at. Are you really gonna sit there and tell me about the golden age of 90's ball when you were barely alive and compare to today? i appreciate students of the game as much as anyone...love reading about Dr J, Earl the Pearl...but in no way would i speak my mind on them as truth to anyone who's actually been an adult to understand what they were doing with their own eyes.

Maximum
12-12-2012, 12:48 AM
i hate derailing threads. Lakers have 60 games to get it together for the first round of playoffs. D12 is not gonna fix everything, and they need to figure out how to play D as a team.

CptnAwesome
12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Not to brag but I'm quite the wordsmith and I have no fuking clue what this means.

Whoops, meant be all and end all. A little drunk, forgive me.

its actually pretty valid if someone uses an example and is questionable at their age in comprehending what they're actually watching. but let me guess...you'd take a kid 10-15yrs of age's observation of what's going on in the nba right now as truth. go ahead. all in all, he had no point in bringing up Dream and Pip to compare, but he did. Therefore, that's where it's at. Are you really gonna sit there and tell me about the golden age of 90's ball when you were barely alive and compare to today? i appreciate students of the game as much as anyone...love reading about Dr J, Earl the Pearl...but in no way would i speak my mind on them as truth to anyone who's actually been an adult to understand what they were doing with their own eyes.

That's fair enough, I just don't appreciate it when people say "I've been watching basketball longer than you" without any substantial argument. Yeah, Dwight is not the perfect defensive piece but in today's NBA he's definitely one of the most valuable. I didn't watch much outside of highlights (save maybe 40-50 full games) from back then, so I can't say for sure, but I really don't like comparing across generations as basketball is extremely different from 20 years ago.

Maximum
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Whoops, meant be all and end all. A little drunk, forgive me.

That's fair enough, I just don't appreciate it when people say "I've been watching basketball longer than you" without any substantial argument. Yeah, Dwight is not the perfect defensive piece but in today's NBA he's definitely one of the most valuable. I didn't watch much outside of highlights (save maybe 40-50 full games) from back then, so I can't say for sure, but I really don't like comparing across generations as basketball is extremely different from 20 years ago.

nah its a sucky reality, but its a reality. doesnt take anything away from younger viewers as long as they understand the common sense of it. I don't look down on anyone who's been watching less than me..even if it's a couple years and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Problem was, GSWarrior decided to come at me personally and did it weakly.

Bottom line, Lakers right now are a project. who knows where they will be in 60 games, and that's the only thing we know. I think they are a team in the west w OKC, SAS, Memphis, and maybe LAC that has a chance to make WCF.

CptnAwesome
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
nah its a sucky reality, but its a reality. doesnt take anything away from younger viewers as long as they understand the common sense of it. I don't look down on anyone who's been watching less than me..even if it's a couple years and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Problem was, GSWarrior decided to come at me personally and did it weakly.

Bottom line, Lakers right now are a project. who knows where they will be in 60 games, and that's the only thing we know. I think they are a team in the west w OKC, SAS, Memphis, and maybe LAC that has a chance to make WCF.

Agreed. Hopefully they can get their sh*t together...it's pretty ridiculous they lost tonight, consdering Kobe shot effectively and they grabbed this many boards. Then again I didn't see the whole game so I don't know, but statistically they should've won. All I can be happy about is Kyrie Irving bolstered the hell out of my fantasy team

DFINC
12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
He's still at 70%. Lakers are losing cause of team defense not Dwight's defense, though he sucked against the Cavs

gswarrior510
12-12-2012, 01:50 AM

strong random assumption about what i like about basketball
strong who cares about your age
strong replying to me with **** i didnt even talk about in my post