PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce be reality - The Lakers blow because they don't have a PG

laxster
12-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I've been saying this since Fisher expired and Shannon Brown was traded, yet everyone seems to think it's because of other less important reasons like Kobe chucking, or the defense, or hack a Howard or whatever.

I don't care how good your roster is, without an athletic and smart point guard you don't stand a chance, especially since the league is saturated with extremely athletic point guard play. Nash is too old and slow to fix this, Duhon is nowhere close to a legit option, and Steve Blake is probably their best fit since he's still young and can at least run with these guys. Maybe Nash will surprise us when he returns but frankly, he is old, he is injury prone, and there's no way he can keep up with the likes of Westbrook or CP3 for a regular season game let alone a playoff game.

Still don't believe me? Take a look at the top teams' rosters and you will see they all have legitimate point guard play and point guard depth. Another case and point was tonight when Irving **** all over Duhon the entire game.

cliffs:
lakers problems start and end with their terrible PG play

knicksrbake
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
do u even watch the games? their problem is defense

notWilliam
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
its a problem, but not the biggest imo

IbanezHomie
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I think they just need more superstars. Right now they only have 2. It wasn't working with their 3rd superstar and their 4th superstar has only played a few games. They need a 5th superstar if they want a chance to make the playoffs.

laxster
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
do u even watch the games? their problem is defense

I do watch the games and I watch every guard put up 20+ on Duhon getting beat off the dribble or playing ****ty in transition. It's a lot easier to put up points when the guy who initiates the offense doesn't even get hint of resistance; right off the bat the defense is forced to rotate early and there's always going to be a good look

knicksrbake
12-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I do watch the games and I watch every guard put up 20+ on Duhon getting beat off the dribble or playing ****ty in transition. It's a lot easier to put up points when the guy who initiates the offense doesn't even get hint of resistance; right off the bat the defense is forced to rotate early and there's always going to be a good look
so your saying if they had bledsoe all there problems would be solved( defensive minded pg)

arman24
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
itt op thinks shannon brown is a PG

laxster
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
so your saying if they had bledsoe all there problems would be solved( defensive minded pg)
That's a stretch, I'm saying they need an ATHLETIC point guard who can make things happen in transition on both sides of the ball and match up with the quick feet of the rest of the leagues PG's. The Lakers definitely don't need a one sided PG

itt op thinks shannon brown is a PG
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2992/shannon-brown

wat? Maybe he's not a true PG but he was athletic as hell and could match up, even if you don't want to call him a point guard he still carried out the most of the responsibilities. Lebron isn't a PG but we all know he does play a blend of that role at times

nvrstopworking
12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't know why Kobe can't play like a PG and run an offense. He's talented enough to.

Pierce has done it.

Lebron has done it.

Wade has done it.

Bird did it back in the day.

Old school guys like West and Oscar did it.

mind = blown that Kobe's supposedly a "top 5 player all-time" and can't run an offense that consists of more than calling his own number.

YesWayNoWeigh
12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
That's a stretch, I'm saying they need an ATHLETIC point guard who can make things happen in transition on both sides of the ball and match up with the quick feet of the rest of the leagues PG's. The Lakers definitely don't need a one sided PG

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2992/shannon-brown

wat? Maybe he's not a true PG but he was athletic as hell and could match up, even if you don't want to call him a point guard he still carried out the most of the responsibilities. Lebron isn't a PG but we all know he does play a blend of that role at timesso basically you think the lakers should trade for derrick rose then you guys will have a complete team

Lasers1
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Shannon Brown never handled ANY PG duties when he was on the Lakers. They always played him alongside Farmar

laxster
12-25-2012, 11:38 PM
so the Lakers beat a good team because of good PG play? NO WAI

DFINC
12-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been saying this since Fisher expired and Shannon Brown was traded, yet everyone seems to think it's because of other less important reasons like Kobe chucking, or the defense, or hack a Howard or whatever.

I don't care how good your roster is, without an athletic and smart point guard you don't stand a chance, especially since the league is saturated with extremely athletic point guard play. Nash is too old and slow to fix this, Duhon is nowhere close to a legit option, and Steve Blake is probably their best fit since he's still young and can at least run with these guys. Maybe Nash will surprise us when he returns but frankly, he is old, he is injury prone, and there's no way he can keep up with the likes of Westbrook or CP3 for a regular season game let alone a playoff game.

Still don't believe me? Take a look at the top teams' rosters and you will see they all have legitimate point guard play and point guard depth. Another case and point was tonight when Irving **** all over Duhon the entire game.

cliffs:
lakers problems start and end with their terrible PG play

wut

laxster
12-25-2012, 11:43 PM
wut

We'll see what happens when Nash goes up against CP3 or Westbrook but ya I was wrong thus far about Nash