PDA

View Full Version : RG3 is done... Nagata crushed his leg.

PaulG
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Futc6BUmNKY

unleashed132
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrk so sad.. he did get up for a snap after that though, pure adrenaline??

ElMariachi
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I hope the guy is alright, he's one of the best things to happen to the NFL, very explosive and entertaining player, would suck for him to miss any length of time.

skizz
12-09-2012, 01:19 PM
oh lawd, hopefully its just hyperextended

Hercegovac8
oh dear sweet god, his leg looked like a noodle

big angry polynesian of peace

GPx
please don't be serious

texas_longhorns
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
is the backup officially in? that's what happens when you carry the ball like an RB all day every day. rg3 is an amazing talent but he's gonna have a very difficult time balancing the rushing act, just like Michael Vick does. it's so tempting when you can rush like that but every so often... you get your leg broken.

dan213
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Black genetics. He'll be back next week.

theACEofSPADES
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
holy shiit wow

unleashed132
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM

this.. he looks fine on the sidelines.. lets just hope

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 01:23 PM
just looked hyperextended. it would be hard for that leg to break unless it was planted or nagata's weight was coming down on it.

TopsecretWaffle
http://i.imgur.com/2HjmL.gif
HOLY FUK

tdnick
He's walking around right now after the game.

Hercegovac8
12-09-2012, 01:24 PM

dont worry, they'll fix him real soon

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/t4f5p.gif

lolgreg
He's up and walking around, limping a bit, wearing a brace. Hopefully it's not bad.

PaulG
is the backup officially in? that's what happens when you carry the ball like an RB all day every day. rg3 is an amazing talent but he's gonna have a very difficult time balancing the rushing act, just like Michael Vick does. it's so tempting when you can rush like that but every so often... you get your leg broken.

The good soldiers die young brah

problemz
12-09-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Futc6BUmNKY

Negged for user title

edit not negging..re read user title.

had a 7 step drop and had pressure quick..why? because the right side is not built yet for drop backs (hence why they run what they run)

RG3 will be back this season.

Ravens played like phaggots taking shots on him as he was out of bounds or down..and no flags

Time to go back to your shiit town and think about back to back losses..phaggots

Ivan7x
12-09-2012, 01:26 PM
holy ****.....

gonzo68768
12-09-2012, 01:27 PM
hes done for the year

Ronaldo19
12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
yeah dude is done, shet looked painful af.

NewYorkGiants
12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Just because he's walking doesn't mean anything. Amani Toomer played an entire game with a torn ACL and didn't know it. Other players have had broken legs and played through it, then after the game their leg swells up and starts hurting.

MCrow
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Good news is looking at the clip it doesn't look like a broken bone, bad news is that it looked like it flopped sideways at the knee. He could have tore the ACL that way and still be able to walk fine.

ErickSRT4
12-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Early reports are it's just a sprained right now. MRI tomorrow to confirm, but considering he was still on the field walking around it's likely it wont be to serious.

ElMariachi
12-09-2012, 01:41 PM
just looked hyperextended. it would be hard for that leg to break unless it was planted or the nagata's weight was coming down on it.

This....shouldn't be a major injury, maybe he misses a week at most.

MCrow
12-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Early reports are it's just a sprained right now. MRI tomorrow to confirm, but considering he was still on the field walking around it's likely it wont be to serious.

That doesn't really mean anything. I know a couple of people from high school that blew out ACLs and walked around and even ran in straight lines fine.

BMatt

Steve Spurrier said the same thing about Marcus Lattimore, "sprained knee."

Brb torn ACL, PCL, and MCL.

problemz
Just because he's walking doesn't mean anything. Amani Toomer played an entire game with a torn ACL and didn't know it. Other players have had broken legs and played through it, then after the game their leg swells up and starts hurting.

It's not broken..but any lcl/acl/mcl is still a option.

I know I'm biased but anyone else re watch some of these hits and see that he is going down but defenders want to hit him?

Even that hit he was way past sliding but the hit was still made. I'm not saying it was a bad hit but let's be real they want to hurt him rather then play him.

wheynweed
12-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Yea that looks pretty bad. Definitely some torn ligaments.. out for the rest of the season

uanjum
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rg3-hurt-12-9-12.gif

NewYorkGiants

I know I'm biased but anyone else re watch some of these hits and see that he is going down but defenders want to hit him?

Even that hit he was way past sliding but the hit was still made. I'm not saying it was a bad hit but let's be real they want to hurt him rather then play him.

That's the strategy teams have been playing on Vick the past 2 years. Hit early and often, before, after, between the whistles, etc.

I'm not a Dr. but to me it looked like it just hyperextended. You usually don't see serious knee injuries that way unless it bends really far. Probably just a minor injury.

MCrow
Looking at it again looks like the hit is ti the front of the knee which could be worse.

AP's was to the side with a planted foot but RGIII's still looks bad:
http://mankindunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Adrian-Peterson-Knee-Injury.gif

BMatt

Stop sliding head first.. problem solved.

If he wouldn't have slid like an idiot and fell forward, that injury would have been prevented.

CommonPheasant
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I was never a fan of the RG3 hype but I hate to see someone's career get cut short or even ended in their rookie season.

Also, it wasn't a dirty hit or anything, they just collided in an awkward fashion.

MCrow
12-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Stop sliding head first.. problem solved.

If he wouldn't have slid like an idiot and fell forward, that injury would have been prevented.

Practically everyone said this could be the issue with RGIII and running and it looks like it could very well end up being a big deal.

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 01:50 PM

he wasn't sliding. he was either juking to avoid a tackle and slipped or he was diving forward. he is a runner and any hit on him until his is down is fair game. absolutely nothing wrong with this play.

BMatt
12-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Practically everyone said this could be the issue with RGIII and running and it looks like it could very well end up being a big deal.

Yep.

I thought he would have learned after he got that concussion earlier in the season.. guess not.

On a side note, thank you for beating Chicago. Muchas gracias..

hockeyislife9
12-09-2012, 01:52 PM

sliding? he dove head first

problemz
12-09-2012, 01:52 PM
he wasn't sliding. he was either juking to avoid a tackle and slipped or he was diving forward. he is a runner and any hit on him until his is down is fair game. absolutely nothing wrong with this play.

Oh he wasn't going down?

Interesting

sliding? he dove head first

Ok so now were are nit picking?

lol..

was he going down? Did it require hitting him?

Like I said I don't have a issue with the hit..but they would rather hurt him then play him. It's clear to someone who actually watched 100% of the snaps.

texas_longhorns
12-09-2012, 01:54 PM

he was rushing with the ball though. any qb rushing over the line of scrimmage like that is asking for a big hit.

Horns3
12-09-2012, 01:55 PM
RGIII tore his ACL his sophomore year and played the rest of the game on it.

texas_longhorns
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM

lol..

he was not sliding at all.

Dirtylocks
just looked hyperextended. it would be hard for that leg to break unless it was planted or nagata's weight was coming down on it.

Do you even sports medicine?

Urine idiot.

MCrow
Yep.

I thought he would have learned after he got that concussion earlier in the season.. guess not.

On a side note, thank you for beating Chicago. Muchas gracias..

Glad to be of service.

Now if they can beat the Rams and go into the game VS GB with 8 wins it could make for an interesting final game. Heck, the Texans might be on cruise control to so they might get a win there.

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh he wasn't going down?

Interesting

lol..

Like I said I don't have a issue with the hit..but they would rather hurt him then play him. It's clear to someone who actually watched 100% of the snaps.

he was "probably" going down. he wasn't down. players get hit when they are going down all the time. just like they get hit on the sideline when they are almost out of bounds. it's because they aren't out of bounds yet, and he wan't down yet. you can't leave anything to chance and just give up on a play. nagata made the decision to launch probably right when griffin planted his foot. there isn't any stopping that. if you have a problem with him getting hit you should probably ask him to slide instead of dive in the middle of the field.

CommonPheasant
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh he wasn't going down?

Interesting

lol..

Actually, he's not being nitpicky at all. It is proper for quaterbacks to slide feet first in the NFL when rushing. If not, the play's not technically dead until they are touched by an opposition player. if they do slide feet first then the play is dead at the point where they went down and no opposition player has to touch him.

Quaterbacks are trained to slide feet first because it is less risky.

BeauJ
12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Feel the same way about him as I did Lattimore. He's great for the game and I hope it's not serious at all. Nothing but respect for guys who genuinely love the game.

CommonPheasant
12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Also, if he has slid feet first then Nagata would have hit is chest protector instead of his knees and there would have been far less chance for injury.

problemz
12-09-2012, 02:01 PM
he was "probably" going down. he wasn't down. players get hit when they are going down all the time. just like they get hit on the sideline when they are almost out of bounds. it's because they aren't out of bounds yet, and he wan't down yet. you can't leave anything to chance and just give up on a play. nagata made the decision to launch probably right when griffin planted his foot. there isn't any stopping that. if you have a problem with him getting hit you should probably ask him to slide instead of dive in the middle of the field.

Fuk no. I don't have a problem with the way he plays. Fuk playing scared. I think yall missing what I'm saying.

I'm fine with the hit. I was trying to start the Black Qb getting hit vs White QB getting hit and gets a flag.

Yall didn't fall for it.

Actually, he's not being nitpicky at all. It is proper for quaterbacks to slide feet first in the NFL when rushing. If not, the play's not technically dead until they are touched by an opposition player. if they do slide feet first then the play is dead at the point where they went down and no opposition player has to touch him.

Quaterbacks are trained to slide feet first because it is less risky.

And when he slides. He still takes a shot to the head. Happened earlier this game and they didn't call it. Damned if you do and damn if you don't?

MtnJax
12-09-2012, 02:01 PM
this just shows why Cam>>>RGIII. Cam isn't made of glass and he protects himself when he runs

Callmechristian
12-09-2012, 02:02 PM
They said it was just a sprain. He'll be fine in a couple of weeks

CommonPheasant
12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Fuk no. I don't have a problem with the way he plays. Fuk playing scared. I think yall missing what I'm saying.

I'm fine with the hit. I was trying to start the Black Qb getting hit vs White QB getting hit and gets a flag.

Yall didn't fall for it.

And when he slides. He still takes a shot to the head. Happened earlier this game and they didn't call it. Damned if you do and damn if you don't?

Quarterbacks are trained to slide feet first for a reason. I thought this was common knowledge for followers of the game?

PowerThroughIt
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
griffin on post game conference now.

http://www.redskins.com/

sdballer5588
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Holy sht..... that looks horrible.

MCrow
12-09-2012, 02:10 PM
They said it was just a sprain. He'll be fine in a couple of weeks

Won't know that for sure until they do an MRI.

Umad Imswole
12-09-2012, 02:11 PM
When the knee bends to the side like that it usually means ACL/MCL tear.

PowerThroughIt
12-09-2012, 02:17 PM
update for whoever cares..:

@Rich_Campbell

RG3: X-rays revealed no fracture. #Redskins

********@john_keim

Rg3 said doctors told him his ligaments felt good when testing on sidelines and after game

VTheKing
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
update for whoever cares..:

@Rich_Campbell

RG3: X-rays revealed no fracture. #Redskins

********@john_keim

Rg3 said doctors told him his ligaments felt good when testing on sidelines and after game

Might be "just" a sprain then, perhaps even a bruise. But we won't know for sure until he gets examined.

texas_longhorns
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM

Yall didn't fall for it.

well then you're pretty dumb for trying to start such nonsense. it's not a black/white thing. do you see brees or manning ever rushing like that? it's a dual threat thing. Vick and Griffin don't get those calls because they don't slide, and they carry the ball just like an RB. it's how they play, not their ethnicity.

ErickSRT4
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
@AlbertBreer

Griffin smiling: "I'm gonna be alright. Nothing's broken." MRI tonight, but he says, "shouldn't be ACL. I know what that feels like."

"No crutches for RG3 either. Still got the brace on. Talked to a Skins source who was optimistic about it."

"RG3 said doctor told him ACL looked fine and his ligaments were good, on the surface. MRI tonight. Said he hopes it's just a bad bruise."

YesWayNoWeigh
12-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Lizard king will come back stronger than ever no worries hail motherfukers

jreach
12-09-2012, 02:21 PM
RG3: "Nothing's broken. Shouldn't be an ACL, I know what that feels like."

VBSurfer85
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
He's good. Sits Cleveland. Plays Phili and Dal.

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
He's good. Sits Cleveland. Plays Phili and Dal.

wow, the browns will have a nice 4 game win streak going.

problemz
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
well then you're pretty dumb for trying to start such nonsense. it's not a black/white thing. do you see brees or manning ever rushing like that? it's a dual threat thing. Vick and Griffin don't get those calls because they don't slide, and they carry the ball just like an RB. it's how they play, not their ethnicity.

lol..yes brees has scrambled like that before..so has Rodgers..so has Young..so has Luck..so has Tanny

He was attempting to make a play out of a breakdown in protection..not running it like a rb

problemz
12-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Lizard king will come back stronger than ever no worries hail motherfukers

This. I'm out. Four game win streak time to drink and watch this Giants game and see if we are in first.

HAIL and fuk Baltimore..

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 02:29 PM
wow, the browns will have a nice 4 game win streak going.

this you?

http://forums.dpreview.com/files/w/TS560x560?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Fa lbums%2Fv203%2Fmcennis3%2FNapoleonDynamiteOrig.jpg&signature=+1zNyEBCQ4S4CFPNeNn6S0/H7AY=

Hercegovac8
12-09-2012, 02:38 PM
lol..yes brees has scrambled like that before..so has Rodgers..so has Young..so has Luck..so has Tanny

He was attempting to make a play out of a breakdown in protection..not running it like a rb

Luck leads the league in qb hits by defenders

U watch the colts - titans game today? Luck was absolutely abused by the titans d line. Thing is Luck has 2 inches and over 20 pounds on griffin, so he can take the hits better

gottk2x
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Luck leads the league in qb hits by defenders

U watch the colts - titans game today? Luck was absolutely abused by the titans d line. Thing is Luck has 2 inches and over 20 pounds on griffin, so he can take the hits better

Goddamn that dude throws so many picks

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM
this you?

if you don't get off my dick i'm gonna have to spray it on your face, phaggot

tigersfan89
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM

I lol'd..but it's true

Hercegovac8
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Goddamn that dude throws so many picks

made a retarded throw off his knees directly to a defenders chest

2nd pick was a hail mary as the 2nd half was running out

Lucks a good talent, has the physical tools, but has nothing in his throwing arsenal outside of throwing it over the middle. for such a smart kid, u'd expect him to make better reads, and safer throws

cncman
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
this you?

http://forums.dpreview.com/files/w/TS560x560?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Fa lbums%2Fv203%2Fmcennis3%2FNapoleonDynamiteOrig.jpg&signature=+1zNyEBCQ4S4CFPNeNn6S0/H7AY=rather look like him than this fuking potato

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/5052420becad041957000005-400-/robert-griffin-iii.jpg

cman1787
12-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Lucks a good talent, has the physical tools, but has nothing in his throwing arsenal outside of throwing it over the middle. for such a smart kid, u'd expect him to make better reads, and safer throws

ever think the play calling and routes might have something to do with that? bruce arians likes having the backs and te's help in pass protection, so not a lot of check down options

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 03:21 PM
if you don't get off my dick i'm gonna have to spray it on your face, phaggot

^^^ this guy lmao

hugh mirin bro? yeah you mirin.

We got a bada** over here. Oooh look at his rep power, he must suck a lotta D, - err uhh I mean post insightful contributions.

http://troll.me/images/joseph-ducreux/does-thou-wish-to-engage-in-fisticuffs-then-proceed-towards-my-person.jpg

dex26
12-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry to say it but it was just a matter of time. People said it when he got drafted, he is going to take some huge hits with the style he plays and the size he is.

He isn't one to just slide. God speed with his recovery though.

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 03:29 PM
it was a ****ing neg bro. get on with your life.

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM

don't give a chit bout negs bring 'em.

strong b*tch this one is

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM

strong b*tch this one is

you don't give a ****? you negged me back talking about my pointless neg, wrote on my bodyspace calling me a phaggot, and then followed me into this thread to bitch at me. please tell me again you you don't give a ****.

edit: and then you message me about it

Yank11
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Not sure how to feel: he's been carrying my fantasy team the past few weeks, but also his injury should help the Giants playoff chances..

cellshot
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM

strong b*tch this one is

you don't give a ****? you negged me back talking about my pointless neg, wrote on my bodyspace calling me a phaggot, and then followed me into this thread to bitch at me. please tell me again you you don't give a ****.

edit: and then you message me about it

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shhiiiiet

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dis-gun-be-gud.gif

bking10
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM

you are wrong though. Luck throws deep all the time, he throws screens all the time, he throws to the sidelines too. Not sure why you think he just chucks it over he middle. If he wasn't making reads it would be the opposite. He'd lock on to the primary and just force it.

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shhiiiiet

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dis-gun-be-gud.gif

Don't bother sitting down. Little dude ran away with his tail between his chicken legs

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Actually you can walk on a torn ACL. I tore my ACL and walked just fine. RG3 tore his ACL at baylor and finished the game. Brandon Merriweather tore his earlier this year for the skins and was walking up and down the sidelines the whole second half.

BenadrylBandit
12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Probably a hyper extension. Tears usually happen when the person get's hit from the side of the knee causing it to buckle inward. You can walk on torn acls you just can't explode off it or move laterally.

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Hearing from some sources he is currently undergoing an MRI and most close to the situation think its an MCL tear

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Hearing from some sources he is currently undergoing an MRI and most close to the situation think its an MCL tear

Lol that sounds like a bleacher report headline

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Lol that sounds like a bleacher report headline
Lmao, now that you say that you're right it does. No bleacher report tho. Just passing the info I have along. Will more than likely know tonight the outcome of MRI

problemz

You should get new sources because he has yet to even have his MRI done. Doctors have already said the leg feels fine.

sdballer5588
Don't bother sitting down. Little dude ran away with his tail between his chicken legs

I'll call you gay and stand in for him.

Let's revive this beef thread.

Srsly though omg that hit looks so gross.

AreolaBorealis
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Hearing from some sources he is currently undergoing an MRI and most close to the situation think its an MCL tearFuk will he be able to play next week with it?

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I'll call you gay and stand in for him.

Let's revive this beef thread.

lol went to go eat...

AriGhold phaggot want to meet up for a bare-knuckles fight so I can wreck you?

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:37 PM
You should get new sources because he has yet to even have his MRI done. Doctors have already said the leg feels fine. Did I say it was an MCL tear? I said you will find out but people close to the situation believe it to be a possible MCL tear. Will know shortly. Last I heard they were waiting for swelling to reside. As some already know my sources within the redskins are pretty good, just trying to pass along some info for those who care...no need to be a dick.

sdballer5588
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
lol went to go eat...

http://i.imgur.com/UgsOO.gif

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Being reported now its only a knee sprain. No ligaments torn

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
lol went to go eat...

Yeah dude ill give you my address and you can ride over on your pink moped

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Did I say it was an MCL tear? I said you will find out but people close to the situation believe it to be a possible MCL tear. Will know shortly. Last I heard they were waiting for swelling to reside. As some already know my sources within the redskins are pretty good, just trying to pass along some info for those who care...no need to be a dick.

stfu phaggot...lol "my sources within the redskins" ...you're such a dumb a**...You suck RG3's dick? He busted his nut on your eye I'm sure.

MachMe4.6
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
stfu phaggot...lol "my sources within the redskins" ...you're such a dumb a**...You suck RG3's dick? He busted his nut on your eye I'm sure. yea u mad

Dirtylocks
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah dude ill give you my address and you can ride over on your pink moped

will make you ride it like your Mom rides your dildo collection

Dirtylocks
yea u mad

yea u a phag lol

ziaziazia
theisman gonna theisman

Dan916
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
good night sweet ACL

AriGhold
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
You do realize that every time you respond you further emphasize the fact that you are raging at deduction of 5 green squares from your profile, right?

mnchld06
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
MRI shows no serious damage to Griffin’s*knee http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/mri-shows-no-serious-damage-to-griffins-knee/ via @ProFootballTalk

cellshot
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
MRI shows no serious damage to Griffin’s*knee http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/mri-shows-no-serious-damage-to-griffins-knee/ via @ProFootballTalk

#blackgenetics

TTViper
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Just because someone has a twitter account, does not mean they have "inside sources"

Just sayin'

RyzinEnagy
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM
yea u a phag lol
This is how I'm picturing you:

M8pR1rZZHEs

TexasMajor
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Nicca wants to be all flashy n sht. RG The Third has a solid arm....just throw the damn football.

FMCMuscle
12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Unfortunate that it happened, but the game was on the line. He was going down, but landed awkwardly. It happens. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play next week and will continue to learn how to keep his body safe.

CleveDawgAware
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
As a browns fan, I'm feeling odd about it. Hoped to get tickets to the game to watch a couple rookie QB's go at it, but Redskins without him likely means we pull out a 4th straight win. Want to see him compete but damn i'm enjoying this winning thing