PDA

View Full Version : please help me meet my goal for wrestling season!

jimmymcdunnah
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Hello, I'm new here (or at least to the forums). I'll tell you a little about me- I'm a senior in high school, and this is my last year to really do well in wrestling. I've had success in the past and come close to winning states, but close isn't good enough for me. For this reason I want to cut my fat and MAINTAIN my lean mass. I am currently 192 pounds (down from 205 over the summer in my bulking/ creatine phase) and 12% body fat (measured via skinfold test). My avatar picture is the latest picture of me...
Anyway, I want to get down to the 184 pound weight class... simple math will tell you that's 8 lbs of fat I need to lose. I've been doing well so far, making sure I intake at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, eating well, resting well, etc.
Reason I started this thread is to ask for any other tips that may facilitate my fat loss while keeping my muscle AND to ask if there are any other supplements I should take besides the MusclePharm Combat powder I am currently taking, most specifically if the amino acid supplements are worth it. As you can imagine, wrestling practice coupled with my lifting schedule (although I've backed off on my lifting a little) puts a lot of stress on my muscles and I can use all the recovery help I can get.

Thanks guys!

sharpieblet
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
reduce caloric intake enough to lose a pound a week. keep your carbs reasonably high due to your sport, 1g per pound of LEAN body mass is more than enough for cutting. and that muscle pharm stuff i don't know if it's a preworkout or what, but the only supp i really recommend is creatine mono. fat loss will happen through your diet.