PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Forms of HIIT?

Aweztin
12-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Hey guys I'm down 72.5 lbs from my heaviest, but now it is getting tougher to lose the fat. I want to know what you like to do for HIIT as it has gotten to the point where I need to incorporate it.

iviicrociot
12-08-2012, 07:31 AM
One way I do HIIT is I crank up the headphones to some metal that makes me rage or some very high beat per minute dubstep. Warm up, then when a part of the song hits that makes me rage I go all out for that part of the song/melody and drive my heart rate from 150-160 to 180, then let it go back down to 160ish and wash and repeat every few minutes or so. This is on the elliptical with like a 10 incline and 9/10 resistance.

The other way is my treadmill has a setting that goes from fastest pace walking where you almost have to jog for 1 minute, then does a steep incline where I have to jog up it for 2, then down to the fast pace walk for a minute, then dead sprint for a minute, 60 seconds walk, 2 minute incline jog etc. Generally get up 175-180bpm on the incline jog.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ2Obd7_ggBTKgbmQWi8I_ArInjLcmec- My dubstep playlist I've been doing recently.

iviicrociot
12-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Metal playlist if dubsteps not your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI54ajzIBvI&list=PLQ2Obd7_ggBRhL5qrOEEdATv6PuABWkKT&feature=mh_lolz
Parts where I HIIT for instance...
1. Lamb of God - In Your Words: 3:20 - 5:05
2. Lamb of God - Contractor: 2:15 - end
3. Lamb of God - Broken Hands: 1:30 - 2:30

(Well there's those that do
And those that just do talking
We're all going through hell
It's burn or keep on walking
The blackguards sing their shanty
Pure death riding the wind
Right now it's do or die
How will you choose to live

The memories that ruin you
You're torn apart your doubt must

Die
It only fell apart 'cause you let it
bled of all you had to lose
Pick up the pieces with your broken
Hands
It only fell apart 'cause you let it
bled of all you had to lose
Pick up the pieces with your broken
Hands)

4. Lamb of God - Reclamation: 3:30 - 5:45

Pick something that amps you... I listen to Hellyeah and Slipknot's first album a lot too.

Serpentarius
12-08-2012, 08:59 AM
You dont need to do HIIT, cardio doesnt get rid of fat, calorie deficit will.

truushot
12-08-2012, 09:00 AM

But but I just read HIIT increase fat loss by 450%!!!! ;)

Serpentarius
12-08-2012, 09:05 AM

I beLIEve you! ;)

Sadly people out there still believe this :|
Im always amazed at the gym at how someone will ask me a question and say they heard eating X food is good for you or some bro/momscience and then say "well everyone is different" when i tell them that is BS, one in particular is a guy who gets HARD for low carb and defends it as the holy grail of fat loss.

bking10
12-08-2012, 09:08 AM

it's actually only 367%

OP, if you feel the need to incorporate cardio in your routine it's not so much about what type but more about what kind you can stand doing. Personally I can't get on a machine and pound out cardio so I play basketball and football.

truushot
12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I beLIEve you! ;)

Sadly people out there still believe this :|
Im always amazed at the gym at how someone will ask me a question and say they heard eating X food is good for you or some bro/momscience and then say "well everyone is different" when i tell them that is BS, one in particular is a guy who gets HARD for low carb and defends it as the holy grail of fat loss.

For pure entertainment, head over to the MFP forum. The posts and responses are bro-science X1000. The things people think and say are just amazing stupid.

iviicrociot
12-08-2012, 09:47 AM
It's been said a thousand time you don't have to do cardio... is it bad that I like to eat a little more and get warmed up before I start lifting? Damn, you'd think mentioning cardio is the equivalent of sticking someone in the butt with a broom handle around here.

Serpentarius
12-08-2012, 10:02 AM
It's been said a thousand time you don't have to do cardio... is it bad that I like to eat a little more and get warmed up before I start lifting? Damn, you'd think mentioning cardio is the equivalent of sticking someone in the butt with a broom handle around here.

no homo right?

truushot
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
no homo right?

Broom handle, butt, BRB I'm gonna try something...

iviicrociot
12-08-2012, 10:25 AM
no homo right?

Of course

Ramborage
12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Getting ready to go to the gym to do a cardio session myself. I'm bored and got nothing better to do. Weights are m,w,f and Saturdays I usually mt bike but it's raining and cold outside. Would rather run on a treadmill looking at all the women and tight asses on the ellipticals than sit on my ass dreaming of food today.

ThisFitChick
12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I just did HIIT this morning- made this one up
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=497470963627232&set=a.428285890545740.96270.427513580622971&type=1&theater

Aweztin
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM

I am eating at a deficit, but ive hit a plateau recently and would therefore like to incorporate more cardio into my regimen

Aweztin
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses, definitely considering everything.

phoenixr2
12-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Inb4 someone answers sex for HIIT

OP, Have you tried or considered doing HIIT in a strength method? Sled pushes, sled pulls (or car push/pull) tire flipping, sledge hammer slams, med ball slams, farmer carries, etc.
You can also make up some pretty nasty body weight circuits that would challenge endurance, strength, and cardio at the same time. Try some of these things out and if you do them right, you'll be dying!

I just did HIIT this morning- made this one up
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=497470963627232&set=a.428285890545740.96270.427513580622971&type=1&theater
Why so red?

Aweztin
12-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Inb4 someone answers sex for HIIT

OP, Have you tried or considered doing hit in a strength method? Sled pushes, sled pulls (or car push/pull) tire flipping, sled hammer slams, med ball slams, farmer carries, etc.
You can also make up some pretty nasty body weight circuits that would challenge endurance/strength and cardio at the same time. Try some of these things out and if you do them right, youll be dying!

Why so red?

I'll definitely check that out

tmartin89
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I am eating at a deficit, but ive hit a plateau recently and would therefore like to incorporate more cardio into my regimen

If you've hit a plateau it usually means you need to recalculate your maintenance. If you've lost weight the chances are your maintenance has dropped and you could just be eating at maintenance.

TurtlesBrah
12-08-2012, 10:56 PM
If you have a punching bag OP jst do it at home, I go all out on a punching bag for 1 minute then 1 minute rest then repeat till I cant last the minute anymore. Anything thats high intensity involving a lot of muscle groups with short rest periods will do the job