PDA

View Full Version : When do I start cutting up 12 pounds so far on my bulk

mattekm
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I have been on 12 pounds during my bulk. Went from 180- 192. How much do I gain before starting to cut back down. Never done this before help me out guys.

12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
have you read this? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

how long have you been bulking for that you have gained 12 lbs? there is no set amount to gain when you have to cut, just make sure that you aren't eating so much over your maintenance that you are putting on unnecessary fat

tden99
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
depends highly on starting BF% and your personal goals. We can't tell you.

BWC101
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
for me- around 15% BF

JawDroppingBrah
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I have been on 12 pounds during my bulk. Went from 180- 192. How much do I gain before starting to cut back down. Never done this before help me out guys.

With the information you have given its will be hard to answer your question.

If you have been bulking for say 12 months thats 1 pound a month which is pretty spot on.

If you have been bulking for say 2 weeks and you have put on 12 pounds, you need to slow down.

Also it depends if you care about how high your bf% is.

mattekm
12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I got back in the gym about 8 months ago. I put all my focus into getting rid of beer gut. I was eating paleo and doing lots of crossfit and lifting at home. I cut down to about a 14% BF. I was starting to be able to see my an muscles and was happy with the definition, but not happy with the size of my other muscle groups. That's why I started bulking. I have been bulking for 8 wks and have put on the 12 pounds. I am happy with the size I have put on my muscle groups. I have added some BF Obviously, but do not feel like I am getting fat. I was thinking I would continue to bulk to 200# before starting to cut back down. Hope this info helps. Probably should of included with the first post.

StephSkywalker
12-07-2012, 07:17 AM
I've been bulking since late July and have gone from around 173 to 185, so thats roughly 12 pounds in 5 months.. I can see some difference as far as body composition but I am not as strong as I want to be yet.. I always heard you will know when you need to cut when you get there.. So just pay attention to your body.. Aesthetically I dont think I look fat, so I will keep going.. My original deadline was March, but judging by how I am gaining it may be before then