PDA

View Full Version : RG3 will be exposed playing a team for the 2nd time this year

DukeJohnsonfan
11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
JPP already said Giants made a mistake the first time around that sometimes you can't just try and tackle him you have to corral the fraud out of bounds

he's still a gimmick and won't last long in this league.

brb, read option and flash screens LOL

brb never dropping back 5 yards and making reads LOL

monsterBEN
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh look, another guy who doesn't watch games and makes blind assumptions.

DukeJohnsonfan
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh look, another guy who doesn't watch games and makes blind assumptions.

brb screens all day

brb pistol formation with read option

brb read option PA and quick slant

LOL @ RG3 being sucesfull over the long haul.

YesWayNoWeigh
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
you seem upset

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3748737/lamedance.0_standard_400.0.gif

monsterBEN
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
LOL @ confusing PA out of the pistol with read option. They ran a grand total of 5 option plays (of any kind) in the first half against Dallas.

problemz
11-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh look another one..It's ok. It's been three years of defending this kid and he continues to prove me right and the haters wrong.

Don't worry you can enjoy the next year or so of being the best NFC East team but the future resides in DC. Stay angry bruh and enjoy your goals of smashing 40 year olds with three kids.

Fahnestock
11-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Fuarking gimmick shotgun formations and PA passes. Real teams only run student body left and student body right. The invention of the forward pass was the downfall of this sport IMO.

anthonysinatra
11-30-2012, 12:28 PM
another gimmick QB....talk to me in a couple of years when he is cam newton/vick 2.0

phillyfreak7
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
another gimmick QB....talk to me in a couple of years when he is cam newton/vick 2.0Seriously.... Are all of you this stupid?

NewYorkGiants
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Fuarking gimmick shotgun formations and PA passes. Real teams only run student body left and student body right. The invention of the forward pass was the downfall of this sport IMO.

-Nebraska fan

-Doesn't believe in the forward pass.

I know you are joking, but this makes sense to me.

Trapstar4.4
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
whatever. he isnt saying much. all division teams make adjustments for the second game. the game will more than likely be just as close as it was last time

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 01:24 PM
We gonna ignore the fact that JPP's amazing new strategy is to not tackle him?

Good luck trying to "corral him out of bounds" while he runs circles around you. Good gameplan bruh

NewYorkGiants
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
We gonna ignore the fact that JPP's amazing new strategy is to not tackle him?

Good luck trying to "corral him out of bounds" while he runs circles around you. Good gameplan bruh

It's a good strategy to make a mobile quarterback run sideline to sideline rather than trying to tackle in open space an whiffing. JPP is 6'5 280 lbs, he shouldn't be expected to make open field tackles on a guy much smaller, faster, and more agile than him. You keep the play in front of you, don't fall for his jukes, and either force him out of bounds or gangnam tackle him.

Giants have been clearly studying tape and Fewell is an excellent game planner. I expect their defense to show up big for this game like they usually do in big spots.

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 01:39 PM
It's a good strategy to make a mobile quarterback run sideline to sideline rather than trying to tackle in open space an whiffing. JPP is 6'5 280 lbs, he shouldn't be expected to make open field tackles on a guy much smaller, faster, and more agile than him. You keep the play in front of you, don't fall for his jukes, and either force him out of bounds or gangnam tackle him.

Giants have been clearly studying tape and Fewell is an excellent game planner. I expect their defense to show up big for this game like they usually do in big spots.

You keep trying to corral a guy like that, and he's gonna make one cutback and be gone. Playing with fire

NewYorkGiants
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
You keep trying to corral a guy like that, and he's gonna make one cutback and be gone. Playing with fire

You're an Eagles fan.

http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/Thats_the_joke3.jpg

driveforshow
11-30-2012, 02:04 PM
ITT: Likely Browns fan is bitter his team's front office was too craven to do what it takes to secure a future top 5 QB and possibly current top 10 QB.

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
You're an Eagles fan.

So I can't make an objective observation because my team is struggling? Okay

NewYorkGiants
11-30-2012, 02:25 PM

You thought your team was a Super Bowl contender. Why should we take anything you say seriously?

shawty321
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
yeah cause his completion % and TD/INT ratio is a fluke

ok phaggot

phillyfreak7
11-30-2012, 02:29 PM
You thought your team was a Super Bowl contender. Why should we take anything you say seriously?So did Vegas. 2nd best odds of winning the SB I think this season according to them.

-Fan of Phillies and 76ers

- Fan of Giants

LMFAO phaggot, I don't think either side can take you seriously lol

NewYorkGiants
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
So did Vegas. 2nd best odds of winning the SB I think this season according to them.

-Fan of Phillies and 76ers

- Fan of Giants

LMFAO phaggot, I don't think either side can take you seriously lol

dis ***** mad

-Eagles fan
-RG3 crew in sig

phillyfreak7
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
dis ***** mad

-Eagles fan
-RG3 crew in sigI've had the RG3 crew before he joined the Deadskins. Still my favorite player though.

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
You thought your team was a Super Bowl contender. Why should we take anything you say seriously?
So did mostly everyone before the season started, stfu

So did Vegas. 2nd best odds of winning the SB I think this season according to them.

miketheblade
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
he is a gimmick to a degree i mean come on hes only thrown 300 attempts and the season is almost over, hell most qbs are 400+

he has 2400 yards and his team is not going to make playoffs, no one gives a **** if you can throw 1 TD a game its not enough in this league

the one thing he does do good is not take risks, once he starts throwing more he will get exposed.

sdballer5588
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM

Eagles and Lakers?

Where the hell do you live, bandwagon city?

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Eagles and Lakers?

Where the hell do you live, bandwagon city?How many times are you gonna ask me this retard?

And how the hell is being a fan of a team who's never won a Super Bowl bandwagoning? GTFO

sdballer5588
11-30-2012, 03:04 PM
How many times are you gonna ask me this retard?

And how the hell is being a fan of a team who's never won a Super Bowl bandwagoning? GTFO

You don't live in La.

Lasers1
11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
You don't live in La.Grew up there

YesWayNoWeigh
11-30-2012, 03:17 PM
he is a gimmick to a degree i mean come on hes only thrown 300 attempts and the season is almost over, hell most qbs are 400+

he has 2400 yards and his team is not going to make playoffs, no one gives a **** if you can throw 1 TD a game its not enough in this league

the one thing he does do good is not take risks, once he starts throwing more he will get exposed.when you dont make mistakes and are a duel threat you dont need to throw it 40 times a game. Eli has thrown it 94 more times and has less throwing TDs

FMCMuscle
11-30-2012, 04:43 PM

8 TDs thrown to 1 INT in the last 2 games.

TTexasTT
11-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I honestly think that the final game between the Skins and Cowboys will have playoff implications.
Perhaps just for the Skins. lol

ElMariachi
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
JPP already said Giants made a mistake the first time around that sometimes you can't just try and tackle him you have to corral the fraud out of bounds

http://www.thcfinder.com/uploads/files/tokerfriday6.gif

problemz
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM

the one thing he does do good is not take risks, once he starts throwing more he will get exposed.

Two starting WR injuried for the first 7 games and a pro bowl te for another 5?..top 3 stat wise rb in the nfl

Still wants him to chuck it 40 times a game...

From this point on I'm only responding to Skins fans and about another dozen sports miscers who have a fukin clue how sports work.

see you fukers on Monday in DC..

miketheblade
11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Two starting WR injuried for the first 7 games and a pro bowl te for another 5?..top 3 stat wise rb in the nfl

Still wants him to chuck it 40 times a game...

From this point on I'm only responding to Skins fans and about another dozen sports miscers who have a fukin clue how sports work.

see you fukers on Monday in DC..

morris is a top 3. wat

problemz
11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
morris is a top 3. wat

What did I type? Do you disagree?

monsterBEN
11-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I love how the whole offense is deemed "gimmicky" yet nobody can explain how defenses will eventually be able to "catch on". It's not some magical offense. It's a pistol formation, shotgun, and under center stuff with zone blocking and occasional play action and occasional roll outs. Nothing magical here folks. Everyone is mistaking the pistol play action for "run option". He holds the ball in the RB's gut to sell the play action, there is no option read going on. It's a called run or play action.

The only explanation is they'll catch on to the run option, yet they're only running option stuff very sparingly now (5 times in the first half of the Cowboy game where they put up 28pts).

LtDan89
11-30-2012, 06:00 PM
LOL Haters gonna hate. People been doubting him all year, keep it up, it only motivates him more

phillyfreak7
11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
I love how the whole offense is deemed "gimmicky" yet nobody can explain how defenses will eventually be able to "catch on". It's not some magical offense. It's a pistol formation, shotgun, and under center stuff with zone blocking and occasional play action and occasional roll outs. Nothing magical here folks. Everyone is mistaking the pistol play action for "run option". He holds the ball in the RB's gut to sell the play action, there is no option read going on. It's a called run or play action.

The only explanation is they'll catch on to the run option, yet they're only running option stuff very sparingly now (5 times in the first half of the Cowboy game where they put up 28pts).All the morons out there see something slightly unconventional and automatically think it is some gimmick. You wanna see unconventional? Watch a Patriots' game. No huddle spread offense all day long, and it f'ing works. Guess what, jackasses? Because a team runs something other than an I-Formation with the QB under center doesn't make it a gimmick.

JrM703
11-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Op you mad?

BRB RG III QB numbers best since Dan Marino and Ben Rothlesberger's rookie campaigns
BRB RG III lives 4.8 miles away, going to get his autograph for Op

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1596193/RGIIIclutch.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/rg3-td-10-14-12.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1467417/2ndtd.gif

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/294544/dc-sports-nexus.gif

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/504cd76eeab8eaf676000008/robert-griffin-iii-gif.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1793931/waynes-world.gif

playstationxxx
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
As has been said before, Griffin is a terrific athlete. Luck is, too, but Griffin's one of those guys who can do it "his way." He's got a style all his own, and it's a lot of fun to watch. But it's inconsistent. He's always reacting to defenses, improvising, making things up as he goes along. And he's athletic enough to pull it off, at least for now. On the other hand, Andrew Luck is not as unpredictable. But he's better at the little things. Andrew Luck is going to keep improving his style of play - I don't know how much you can "improve" on your ability to scramble in the open field. There's a reason running backs are the easiest players to plug-and-play straight from college; its all instinctive.

That's not a slight to RGIII, or an insinuation that he's not a cerebral player, or whatever, but when you watch Luck you see him always trying to pass, always trying to push the ball downfield, always trying to stick to his progressions. He'll run it, too, but watching the two RGIII clearly has a different mentality about running the ball. Where Luck will take what he's given and sometimes make a grittier play in a critical situation, RGIII is much more on the attack when he runs with the ball. Again - not necessarily a bad thing at all, and it sure makes him fun to watch, but you have to understand that their playing styles are different. RGIII's running ability is what leads to those short crossing routes being open all day as linebackers have to run horizontally all the way across the field, and receivers can always get open against that, and Washington's overall run game is good enough to use the playaction to connect on deep throws. So RGIII has a fantastic QB rating and a lot of big plays.

Andrew Luck hits "NFL throws" better than RGIII. Not the deep bombs, but the kind of difficult throws you need to make consistently. Throws you need to be able to make when the defense knows it's coming. That's Luck's strength. The Colts aren't having him run all over the place and walk the defense all over the field trying to mirror him and thus open up downfield passing options; they have him run standard plays that he'll be running the rest of his career, and he's doing well. The Colts were a very bad team last year, and now they're in the middle of the playoff race. That's huge. The Colts' running backs are pretty bad. If you want to say Washington's aren't any better, and they just have Shanahan, or something... whatever. Washington's ground attack is much better than Indy's, and that's huge for RGIII's style of play. I still have reservations about how well he'd play when Washington's run game can't get off the ground. That question doesn't apply to Luck, because Indianapolis hasn't had a good ground game for years. As crucial as RGIII is to Washington's offense, Luck is even more critical to his, and that's why you have to look past the stats a bit.

Kangaro00
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
another gimmick QB....talk to me in a couple of years when he is cam newton/vick 2.0

vick is so much better than rg3/cam will ever be. people have forgotten or just havent watched football save for the last couple seasons

NewYorkGiants
12-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Everyone thinks THEIR running quarterback is going to be the one that finally breaks the mold and transforms the NFL forever. Vick, Young, RG3, etc we've heard this same story before. It works for a little while, but inevitably they end up getting injured and never win anything.

Concussion counter = 1 already in 11 games. Heard a story on the radio where they were studying QB concussions. The first time it happens, they usually miss 0 or 1 game (think RG3, Rodgers in 2010, Cutler in 2010). The 2nd time, they miss 1-3 games (Alex Smith 2012, Michael Vick 2012). After that you are going to be suffering serious symptoms and missing large chunks of the season if you can ever continue(Steve Young, Vick who I believe has suffered multiple hidden concussions, even look at RB Jahvid Best). The effects keep escalating, it never gets better or less severe. Such is the fate of running QBs in the NFL.

FMCMuscle
12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
As has been said before, Griffin is a terrific athlete. Luck is, too, but Griffin's one of those guys who can do it "his way." He's got a style all his own, and it's a lot of fun to watch. But it's inconsistent. He's always reacting to defenses, improvising, making things up as he goes along. And he's athletic enough to pull it off, at least for now. On the other hand, Andrew Luck is not as unpredictable. But he's better at the little things. Andrew Luck is going to keep improving his style of play - I don't know how much you can "improve" on your ability to scramble in the open field. There's a reason running backs are the easiest players to plug-and-play straight from college; its all instinctive.

That's not a slight to RGIII, or an insinuation that he's not a cerebral player, or whatever, but when you watch Luck you see him always trying to pass, always trying to push the ball downfield, always trying to stick to his progressions. He'll run it, too, but watching the two RGIII clearly has a different mentality about running the ball. Where Luck will take what he's given and sometimes make a grittier play in a critical situation, RGIII is much more on the attack when he runs with the ball. Again - not necessarily a bad thing at all, and it sure makes him fun to watch, but you have to understand that their playing styles are different. RGIII's running ability is what leads to those short crossing routes being open all day as linebackers have to run horizontally all the way across the field, and receivers can always get open against that, and Washington's overall run game is good enough to use the playaction to connect on deep throws. So RGIII has a fantastic QB rating and a lot of big plays.

Andrew Luck hits "NFL throws" better than RGIII. Not the deep bombs, but the kind of difficult throws you need to make consistently. Throws you need to be able to make when the defense knows it's coming. That's Luck's strength. The Colts aren't having him run all over the place and walk the defense all over the field trying to mirror him and thus open up downfield passing options; they have him run standard plays that he'll be running the rest of his career, and he's doing well. The Colts were a very bad team last year, and now they're in the middle of the playoff race. That's huge. The Colts' running backs are pretty bad. If you want to say Washington's aren't any better, and they just have Shanahan, or something... whatever. Washington's ground attack is much better than Indy's, and that's huge for RGIII's style of play. I still have reservations about how well he'd play when Washington's run game can't get off the ground. That question doesn't apply to Luck, because Indianapolis hasn't had a good ground game for years. As crucial as RGIII is to Washington's offense, Luck is even more critical to his, and that's why you have to look past the stats a bit.

You have noooooo idea what the **** you are talking about brah

Ramoz
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Everyone thinks THEIR running quarterback is going to be the one that finally breaks the mold and transforms the NFL forever. Vick, Young, RG3, etc we've heard this same story before. It works for a little while, but inevitably they end up getting injured and never win anything.

Concussion counter = 1 already in 11 games. Heard a story on the radio where they were studying QB concussions. The first time it happens, they usually miss 0 or 1 game (think RG3, Rodgers in 2010, Cutler in 2010). The 2nd time, they miss 1-3 games (Alex Smith 2012, Michael Vick 2012). After that you are going to be suffering serious symptoms and missing large chunks of the season if you can ever continue(Steve Young, Vick who I believe has suffered multiple hidden concussions, even look at RB Jahvid Best). The effects keep escalating, it never gets better or less severe. Such is the fate of running QBs in the NFL.

Damn Bob is not going to last long in this league

Kangaro00
12-01-2012, 09:43 AM

You're just making up ****. Cutlers concussion in 2010 was his 3rd-4th concussion no ones sure (except for him) but it definitely wasnt his 1st

NewYorkGiants
12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
You're just making up ****. Cutlers concussion in 2010 was his 3rd-4th concussion no ones sure (except for him) but it definitely wasnt his 1st

Cutlers first diagnosed concussion was in 2006 (at least in the pros that I know of), then there was a 4 year gap until his next one in 2010. This report was specifically referring to concussions that happen close to each other in time, I should've clarified that. Cutler's first concussion is somewhat of an outlier since there was a large gap in time, but now he has had 3 total, with 2 being in the last 2+ years. That has to raise some serious red flags.

Obviously the severity and the time off are also important factors, not all concussions are created equal.

This report was either on ESPN radio or local Philly sports talk radio, can't remember but it was within the past 2 days.

DukeJohnsonfan
12-01-2012, 10:36 AM
lol @ people thinking this type of offense will last over the long haul

they're delusioinal

there's noting impressive that RG3 is doing throwing the ball

yes he's very fast and athletic, but throwing the ball, nothing

problemz
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM

brb screens all day

brb pistol formation with read option

brb read option PA and quick slant

LOL @ RG3 being sucesfull over the long haul.

lol @ people thinking this type of offense will last over the long haul

they're delusioinal

there's noting impressive that RG3 is doing throwing the ball

yes he's very fast and athletic, but throwing the ball, nothing

Who banned him? I demand answers..this will not be as lulz worthy when the Skins take care of business on Monday..

brb_ballin
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I watched the start of the Raptors game yesterday cause nothing else was on and they have something about guessing who scores the 75th point.

driveforshow
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
There really is no explanation for the RG3 hate other than jealousy or perhaps something even uglier. I could understand him having doubters at the beginning of the season because he hadn't even taken a snap in the NFL. That's fine, but when you see with your own eyes that he can actually play and continue to doubt him, it comes off as petty jealousy. I'm just speculating here, but if I had to guess I would say that most of the doubters are Browns, Jaguars, Chiefs, and Jets fans (I would throw Cowboys fans in there but I think they at least respect RG3). The things that these teams have in common are that they are the teams with awful quarterback situations, that with the benefit of hindsight, would have given up the next 10 first round picks or more to trade up for RG3. Browns fans are probably some of the worst haters because they had the best shot at him and their awful management wouldn't pull the trigger. The haters need to go away and not come back until RG3 does something that's worthy of being hated on (which would be very very surprising if he did). Until then, enjoy watching one of the most exciting and talented football players of all time bring some much deserved happiness to us tortured Redskins fan.

monsterBEN
12-03-2012, 09:13 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/monsterBEN/GIFs/9bkx2p.gif

Fahnestock
12-04-2012, 06:29 AM

strong tl;dr that says absolutely nothing about anything.

problemz
12-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Who banned him? I demand answers..this will not be as lulz worthy when the Skins take care of business on Monday..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSlsfilo3zTpFrztfeXraZabgs0maQD NGoet7mC5g7YJRroeTqdMoL9DIG4Q