PDA

View Full Version : David Stern...u wot m8?

Nikhiln25
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Promising serious sanctions against the Spurs for giving their players a day off? How the **** can you even do that?

The NBA is the biggest joke in the history of professional sports.

2ldr
11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
so what? sending a message to phaggot Spurs thinking they can cheat fans out of a good game. who the **** benches their starters 3 weeks into the season

jesusonaciid
11-29-2012, 06:12 PM
so what? sending a message to phaggot Spurs thinking they can cheat fans out of a good game. who the **** benches their starters 3 weeks into the season

who the **** schedules the spurs for 4 games in 5 night on the road? but gives the heat 1 game in a week at home

2ldr
11-29-2012, 06:14 PM
who the **** schedules the spurs for 4 games in 5 night on the road? but gives the heat 1 game in a week at home

oh I forgot they're the only team in the league who have some tough weeks in their schedule......

Backus21
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
I hate to agree with a red but he does have a point. No Stern doesnt have control over the rosters but this is pretty dumb for the Spurs. Idc how old they are its not even a month in and you're resting your players? Why not rest them against a scrub team instead of a prime time game

GPx
11-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Although it sucks for the NBA and its fans, Stern should have no say in how Pop runs his team.

AwkwardBrah
11-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I hate to agree with a red but he does have a point. No Stern doesnt have control over the rosters but this is pretty dumb for the Spurs. Idc how old they are its not even a month in and you're resting your players? Why not rest them against a scrub team instead of a prime time game

Because Popovich is trolling Miami and $tern, and the array of selloutbrahs in the Heat including james, bosh, allen, lewis.
Halftime and Spurs second string is down by 3?????

yungbreezy
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Stern's a phaggot, nothing new here.
He's got no say if Pop wants to rest his players, it'd be different if they were trying to tank a season.

Can't wait until this little bitch retires.

Trapstar4.4
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
It's a tough position because this is a trend that the nba doesn't need.
I see both sides though. If coaches start taking the air out of the ball then I just won't watch the games where they pull this.

The nba is already suspect as fck with how the business is set up. They can't have this type of trend get momentum. You're basically ducking your opponent in a prime time game.

Ivan7x
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Stern is such a fukin phaggot

Pop <3

SpartacusNYC
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Promising serious sanctions against the Spurs for giving their players a day off? How the **** can you even do that?

The NBA is the biggest joke in the history of professional sports.

He's an alum brah.

Don't talk badly about him.

cchar042
11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Why not rest them against a scrub team instead of a prime time game

It doesn't matter who he rests them against. Stern should have no say in who is allowed to have a day off

brighamw
11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
inb4 the Spurs win :D

HeeeyYouGuuuys
11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
The person whose fault this is is the person who made this a TV game. Anyone could've looked at the schedule and known there was >>> 50% chance that the Spurs would be resting their top guys this night.

Otaman
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I see both sides though. If coaches start taking the air out of the ball then I just won't watch the games where they pull this.

The nba is already suspect as fck with how the business is set up. They can't have this type of trend get momentum. You're basically ducking your opponent in a prime time game.

this

OP, you don't see the bigger picture. It hurts the NBA

say Miami has a road game in Boston that is nationally televised, and Spoelstra decides to rest the big 3 and play bench players instead. Ratings go down, fans get pissed, etc

Popovich is setting a dangerous precedent for other coaches

originaldood
11-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Stern is such a fukin phaggot

Pop <3

Rep this man.

WheyneNewton
11-29-2012, 06:53 PM
how rustled will Stern's jimmies be if the Spurs win tonight?

Future24
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
this

say Miami has a road game in Boston that is nationally televised, and Spoelstra decides to rest the big 3 and play bench players instead. Ratings go down, fans get pissed, etc

Popovich is setting a dangerous precedent for other coachesWhy even have coaches? He's trying to win championships, but now he'll get punished for it.

RogerSterling
11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Stern is actually thinking about the fans here, can't fault him for that. The entire existence of professional sports is for entertainment. Ruining a prime time game 3 weeks into the season is fuking gay.

SpartacusNYC
11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I wonder if he would still fine him if he brought them along, played them for 3 minutes, and then rested them the rest of the game.

brighamw
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
this

Popovich is setting a dangerous precedent for other coaches

While I see your point, somewhat...

It's really not Pop's job to give a **** about any of this...

Peter Ruby
11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
While I see your point, somewhat...

It's really not Pop's job to give a **** about any of this...

This. Pop is only trying to do what is best for his team and to win a championship. It's not his responsibility to worry about ratings.

Texans14
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Pop is a boss. You will all be even more mad when pop plays his starters 12 seconds and then sits them out. Brb 77-77.

Lionology
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Spurs fan checking in.

2ldr
11-29-2012, 07:10 PM
imagine if every team did this in marquee match ups and prime time games

then you guys would start to see why this **** can't fly and Stern must make an example of the Spurs.

BUT what if they do win lol? maybe they'll just fine them to make up for some of the games ratings drop.

AhDo
11-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm not watching the game. How is the score so close with them out? They might just win this

2ldr
11-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I wonder if he would still fine him if he brought them along, played them for 3 minutes, and then rested them the rest of the game.

or played them only for half of the 4th quarter right now against a tired Heat

AFiers
11-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Last I check the Miami Heat are taking this game way too lightly and getting out-hustled by the 8-12th men on the Spurs team. It's Popovich's team he can do whatever the phuck he wants. If Stern thinks 36 year old Duncan and 35 year old Ginobili can play every single night so they can be worn out when it really matters, he's an idiot. They've had a long road trip, so they got the night off. I hope the Spurs win to shut Stern up

RyzinEnagy
It's a trend that should be squashed before it starts, but you can't punish a team when they didn't break any rules. You want to make a rule on how many regulars you can rest, fine, but retroactively punishing the Spurs is incredibly unfair.

The dangerous precedent being set here (if you can even call it a precedent at this point, because its pretty much reality with Stern) is that you can be punished because I believe you did something against my interests.

dab0osh
lol at Skip Bayless reaction to it

http://www.tout.com/m/yw04ys?ref=twx3yi66

datsallfolks
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
so what? sending a message to phaggot Spurs thinking they can cheat fans out of a good game. who the **** benches their starters 3 weeks into the season this

and he didnt just bench them, he sent them home. could have at least gave them reduced minutes.

its just bad for the fans, not fair

MK2866
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
lol @ questioning the best coach in the NBA.

Spurs bench playing euro ball

P51
11-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Wait.... the spurs aren't even playing their starters and are up on Miami?

Or am I missing something

WheyneNewton
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
this has been a really entertaining game, Stern must be mad as fuk Pop is making him look like a retard.

xzp
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
ahhhh that was a bailout call for Allen @ 2:43 left in the 4th.

God I hope the Spurs win. BRB showing bench depth against the nba champs that had 4 days off.

TeamAlex11
11-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Mind= blOwn at people defending the manlet Jew

This is the equivalent of Goodell telling harbaugh he must start Alex or else other players will be tempted to hide concussions

Garnett
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
David Stern staying with his dictator ways. While ratings matter to him, Pop is doing what's best for his team in the long run. The comish should not have any sat in how line ups etc are made team by team. SA with back ups almost won.

HoustonMiscer
11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
inb4 pop trolling shaq gif with sterns head chopped on shaq

2ldr
11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
inb4 this loss hurts them in the long run

seeing how Spurs haven't had much playoff success in the last 6 years, how competitive the West is at the top and how much better all those top 3 teams are than the Spurs at home, its possible

Workout4ever
11-29-2012, 07:50 PM

agreed... both sides have a point

Fahnestock
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
brb have an 82 game season where half the teams get into the playoffs and expecting every team to treat every game like game 7 of the finals.

TeamAlex11
11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
agreed... both sides have a point

$tern has zero point

Aussiebrah66
11-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Although it sucks for the NBA and its fans, Stern should have no say in how Pop runs his team.

this, its pops team

2ldr
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
this, its pops team

its Sterns league

edit: it was Sterns team when he vetoed the Chris Paul to Lakers trade too but nobody respected the owners decisions then.

dtbrehm
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't know what the Spurs record has been the last couple of years when they rest people, but I can't recall them ever getting blown out when they do this.

Not sure how this is any different than a team deciding to rest someone with a small injury.

HeeeyYouGuuuys
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know what the Spurs record has been the last couple of years when they rest people, but I can't recall them ever getting blown out when they do this.

Not sure how this is any different than a team deciding to rest someone with a small injury.
They got slaughtered by 40 when they rested the Big 3 in Portland last year. Brutally slaughtered, it was a bloodbath. It was one of the 3 losses when they went 30-3 at the end of the season.

dtbrehm
11-29-2012, 08:42 PM
They got slaughtered by 40 when they rested the Big 3 in Portland last year. Brutally slaughtered, it was a bloodbath. It was one of the 3 losses when they went 30-3 at the end of the season.
oops

Gymboree
11-29-2012, 08:51 PM

/thread

sups31
11-29-2012, 08:55 PM
kenny the jet telling it like it is.