PDA

View Full Version : wife says im eating her out of house and home...need help with nutrition

Luckylefty811
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
i have been trying to get my macros in without protein, but it seems like i am eating a ton of food. i aim for 200-225 grams of protein a day. my wife is complaining because i am eating a lb of chicken a day. i bought yogurt for this week but i usually have 10 eggs (6 egg whites, 4 whole eggs) daily. can you anyone suggest me any other cheap options. i have 3 kids also, so that is why my wife is complaining haha because i eat all their left over chicken.

side note: carbs all come from baked potatoes, sweet or regular . whatever is left.
fats: i eat almonds inbetween each meal and the rest comes from greek yogurt,l and the whole boiled eggs

necon76
11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Protein powder is typically the best bang for your buck.

gkwon002
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
eat your children

do you have a costco membership? buying in bulk may be cheaper there (eggs and chicken breasts)

FunkMasterPhil
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM
i have been trying to get my macros in without protein, but it seems like i am eating a ton of food. i aim for 200-225 grams of protein a day. my wife is complaining because i am eating a lb of chicken a day. i bought yogurt for this week but i usually have 10 eggs (6 egg whites, 4 whole eggs) daily. can you anyone suggest me any other cheap options. i have 3 kids also, so that is why my wife is complaining haha because i eat all their left over chicken.

side note: carbs all come from baked potatoes, sweet or regular . whatever is left.
fats: i eat almonds inbetween each meal and the rest comes from greek yogurt,l and the whole boiled eggs

What's your bf %? All you really need is at least 1g/lb of lbm for protein as the minimum

ectoteen
11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
title "wife says im eating her out" .........made me read the rest of the title

BennettC
11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you drink milk? I get a lot of my calories that way. I get my eggs and milk from a farm and save a TON of money. $25 for 12 dozen eggs and $36 for 6 gallons of milk. The milk is raw and the eggs have orange yolks (now those are healthy chickens) You can check on here for someone close to your area http://realmilk.com/where.html

I actually found my source through craigslist

Luckylefty811
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm 223 with 20% bf so I'm in the close range of hitting my protein. My kids drink almond milk so that is an option I guess.

Luckylefty811
11-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Lololol

Luckylefty811
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm trying to get to 195 with 14% body fat

ironwill2008
11-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Buy chicken/beef/fish in quantity on sale and freeze it. Clip coupons. Keep an eye peeled for in-store specials.

dougefresh93
11-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Lololol

I lmao as well

Luckylefty811
11-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I lmao as well

Gotta get creative to get responses nowadays haha

-JR
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Drop by Micky Dee's on your way home and grab a double cheeseburger on the sly, lol.

Don't see why protein powder is not an option-relatively cheap and easy.

vladpower
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
If you're a drug free athlete any more than .6 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight will turn to glucose. Whether you are or not isn't my business, but I figure you could cut down a bit on protein intake if natty. If you want the clinical study that showed this evidence I can try to scavenge it for you.

aWellDressedApe
11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm 223 with 20% bf so I'm in the close range of hitting my protein. My kids drink almond milk so that is an option I guess. at 20% you need to cut, maybe then your ball and chain wouldnt complain about you eating too much. quit throwing out the yolks, wasteful

vladpower
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
at 20% you need to cut, maybe then your ball and chain wouldnt complain about you eating too much. quit throwing out the yolks, wasteful

This too though lol. Cutting will also allow you to get your insulin in order, making you prime to start building muscle.

dest0
11-29-2012, 11:32 PM

ROFL, repped.

Buy chicken/beef/fish in quantity on sale and freeze it. Clip coupons. Keep an eye peeled for in-store specials.

This.

I also suggest a protein shake as it could be equal to a chicken breast worth of protein (even more with milk) just if you're tight on a budget you don't finish all the house food that you have and have ur kids starve!

rolandszi
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
cut back on your intake.

AlwaysTryin
11-30-2012, 01:23 AM
If you're a drug free athlete any more than .6 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight will turn to glucose. Whether you are or not isn't my business, but I figure you could cut down a bit on protein intake if natty. If you want the clinical study that showed this evidence I can try to scavenge it for you.

Post away. Other things I've seen range from ~.8-1

Striation
11-30-2012, 04:06 AM

That is all I have been getting with great results. Easy on the protein OP. Much cheaper that way.

MHANSARD
11-30-2012, 06:56 AM
20% is pretty high body fat for a male.So I wouldn't worry about hitting the 1gram of protein and all the whole eggs as much as eating cleaner and adding in 3 to 4 days of cardio first then worry about the rest after your in better shape. You will be suprised how much bodyfat you have on you when you see the abs popping out and then see how much your lean weight is.

FunkMasterPhil
11-30-2012, 07:11 AM
20% is pretty high body fat for a male.So I wouldn't worry about hitting the 1gram of protein and all the whole eggs as much as eating cleaner and adding in 3 to 4 days of cardio first then worry about the rest after your in better shape. You will be suprised how much bodyfat you have on you when you see the abs popping out and then see how much your lean weight is.

18-24% is actually the average bf % for all males. So at 20%, it's actually not rocket science to be able to drop bf.

Don't see how intaking 1g/lb of lbm of protein and eating whole eggs isn't considered "clean". Does he have to make sure to rinse his eggs through soap detergent before eating them?

As well, suddenly adding in 3-4 days of cardio is kind of excessive. Weightlifting is good enough to begin with, and then slowly add in a couple sessions of cardio later on as your progress slows down.

OP,
Minimum 0.4g/lb of fats
Minimum 1g/lb of lbm of protein
Find your TDEE and make then sure calorie in < calorie out

MHANSARD
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm 223 with 20% bf so I'm in the close range of hitting my protein. My kids drink almond milk so that is an option I guess.
Almond milk has hardly any protein in it. Soy has about the same as regular milk. It's a lot better option than almond. Compare the two labels and you will see what I mean the next time your in the store.

ThousandEyes
11-30-2012, 07:33 AM
The old fashioned staples fit the bill.

Bulk chicken, beef, eggs, oats, milk.

renferos
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM

Except the ketogenic amino acids

WonderPug
11-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Except the ketogenic amino acidsWhat?

renferos
11-30-2012, 09:15 AM
What?

Aas are glucogenic or ketogenic meaning ketone bodies vs an intermediate of gluconeogenesis ie the glucose forming process. The opposite of glycolysis. But glucogenic also includes krebb cycle intermediates that can cycle to be come oxaloacetate

ectoteen
11-30-2012, 11:11 AM

lmao cant believe i got repped for this !

Crucifist
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Post away. Other things I've seen range from ~.8-1

I'd be interested to read this as well. I have heard of intakes closer to this range, like .7 or so, but that was only in the event of a caloric surplus.